nobs
    5 DIMES IS A JOKE
    nobs's Avatar Become A Pro!

GOLD and SILVER both UP AGAIN TODAY

Let me just say one thing to everyone. We all know that 99.99% of the board loses at this sportsbetting thing in the long term. Actually, I believe its closer to 100%, but still.

Anyways, I am saying this. Just start putting your money in Gold or Silver. These are going to go up in the long term, you can count on that. Yes, they have both increased a great deal over the past decade already, but this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Right now, Gold is ~ $1395.00 and Silver is ~ $29.55 per ounce. These prices are incredibly low especially when you consider that our national debt is almost $15 trillion and that the CBO says it will be $25 trillion by the end of this decade. More likely it will be $30 Trillion +.

Also, Chinas govt as well as others have begun stockpiling mass amounts of gold in lieu of dollars which is traditionally what foreign govs have held their reserves in. China alone can buy the entire worlds supply of gold.

They can only mine like an extra 100 million ounces of gold per year and a good deal of this is consumed, but even with no consumption, that is only $140 Billion in gold added to the WORLDS supply yearly. The U.S. gov't is adding over 1 Trillion dollars to the debt this year.

the dollar is going to have an even farther drastic fall. Even some gov't officials have admitted there is no way we can pay back the 15 trillion dollars we owe. They just hope we can keep up with the interest payments which are currently about $300,000,000,000 per year at these low interest rates.

When rates rise and when the debt gets to 20 trillion, we likely wont even be able to pay the interest. If the debt is 20 trillion and the int rate is 4% ( could get there very easily ) then the interest on the debt alone would be 800 billion, which is nearly all the money the fed gov took in in all of 2010.

Im just saying, its no different for a govt than an individual. When you have all your credit maxed out so badly that its a struggle just to make the interest payments, then you know disaster is not far off.

This isnt rocket science and as you all know Im not very smart. But I do see this as it is becoming so obvious.

Now I wouldnt doubt there can be a pullback in both silver and gold, but it wont be much. But I am certain in the long run, these will both increase greatly from where they sit at right now.

So the choice is yours of course since its your money. The choice is #1, keep betting your excess money on games and just hope the ball bouces your way for a while and you get some short term happiness, all the while knowing that in the end you are going to lose at this game. You are going up against a team of experts with all the info creating these lines and you got to beat them over 52% of the time just to break even ( assuming full juice ). Its just isnt going to happen, and if we are honest with ourselves we all know its true.

Choice #2. Buy some preciouys metals, land, etc. Something that will hold its value and appreciate during this coming catastrophe, something you can look at every day and show you kids and close friends and they will all be very interested ( only your closest friends though ). But trust me, you show them a gold buffalo or gold maple or gold eagle or even a fuking gold krug, trust me they are interested in that shit.

I lost my train of thought but choose choice #2 and you will be glad you did

dwaechte
    dwaechte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 235

The rise of gold and silver has been unreal.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Good write up but I'm still a seller.

Outlawdino
    Outlawdino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oh Nobs..love it when you talk this...right up my craphouse....talk about gambling...this has been such a great gamble..a no brainer. Still buying...started with AG at $6 ozt and AU around $1000...going long term bro...i enjoy the post and the facts and opinions you offer.

nobs
    5 DIMES IS A JOKE
    nobs's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeah it has been a great ride, and its only just beginning. They both have a great way to go. Any dip is just a buying opportunity and long term thesewill both see tremendous gains from where they are right now

Data
    Data's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    Good write up but I'm still a seller.
    This compliments nicely with people clearly desiring some gold and silver bullion offered in the SBR store. Make it happen, Wizard, make it happen!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: RonPaul2008

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

....and I keep telling ya..............CORN and SOYBEANS are even more impressive.

Hope many are following my advice and becoming very rich.

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by fishhead View Post
    ....and i keep telling ya..............corn and soybeans are even more impressive.

Hope many are following my advice and becoming very rich.

last 52 weeks..........

Corn up 63%

silver up 61%

gold up 23%

nw iowa farmland up 23%

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Commodity markets have been a hidden gem the last 12 months o so

If you do not have a commodity brokerage account I advise to get one or ask Fishher how to

Wojo
    Wojo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9513

The upside potential of precious metals is far less than the downside. Kind of like betting a team after a 8 point move in the line.

Gonad
    Gonad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6941

Trying real hard to figure the "downside" in metals at this stage of the game...

Keep fightin' the good fight, Nobs...

Outlawdino
    Outlawdino's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree with Nobs and Fish...Commodities is the way to go...it just looks as plain as day that we have been in and will remain in a commodity based market for some time...food, precious metals, guns/ammo. Plenty of opportunities out there.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Are you guys talking buying metals in the physical sense?

Buying options? How far out?

Trading commodities daily? When are you buying, what are your stop losses.

I've traded commodities and lost my ass. Bought options and lost my ass. Mostly because,
    my broker wasn't fast enough for my stop loss and it blew right past.

I found trading is the same as sports betting. Risking for reward. (99.9% losing my ass)

forloveofthegame
    forloveofthegame's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 595

bought into gold at $750 an ounce two and half years ago!

Would loe to know the reasons why Gold is a sell. People have been saying this since i bought it. they all have been dead wrong. there is no turning back for how shitty the dollar is thanks to all the debt. Gold will continue to rise.

BWest
    BWest's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1019

Most people do not realize that anyone can purchase gold. You don't have to be wealthy nor do you need a broker. 20-30% of your investment portfolio should be precious metals. It's a nice hedge against an uncertain future. BOL

Fishhead

Again, look other places besides GOLD....................CORN and SOYBEANS in particular!

LAST 12 MONTHS....

CORN +67%
    GOLD +21%

LAST MONTH........

CORN +11%
    GOLD -0.4%

jjgold

Fishhead your pushing corn

WHY???

tanner40
    tanner40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8060

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

Please guys, don't be taking financial advise from anyone here

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Fishhead your pushing corn

WHY???
    Pushed it and farmland for the past 5+ years................

People have to eat.........and there are millions and millions more people on this planet every month.

jjgold

Thanks Fisher

I might take a small postion

jnsbanman
    jnsbanman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Plus I believe corn is used in making ethenol for fuel.

Fishhead

Corn is popping again, thanks to the latest report of dwindling grain supplies.
    Corn futures rose 3% Wednesday after the U.S. Agriculture Department predicted corn stocks would fall to their lowest level since 1996.
    The report is the latest sign of stretched food supplies at a time when developing country economic growth is fueling seemingly insatiable demand for agricultural goods. The United Nations warned last week of possible food riots as its food price index hit a new peak (see chart, right), above its bubbly 2008 level and doubling its value as recently as 2003.
    Not the prettiest picture
    "We have been headed in the same direction since mid-summer, because demand is just not backing off," said Sal Gilbertie, who runs the Teucrium Corn exchange-traded fund, which trades under ticker CORN. "We are seeing a steady tightening of the balance sheet, which the market is going to have to deal with by price rationing.
    Corn futures for March delivery surged to $6.27 Wednesday morning, putting them 46% above their year-ago level. The price remains a dollar or so below the early 2008 peak that accompanied the last round of food riots.
    But Gilbertie, whose corn fund was launched in June just as agricultural commodity prices took flight, said "no one seems to know what the upper end is" on the corn price.
    The same might be said of agriculture-related stocks, such as that of fertilizer producer Mosaic (MOS) and tractor maker Deere (DE), both of which rose 2%.
    The rising corn prices are feeding through to other commodities as well. Gilbertie notes the 25% or so rise over the past year in the prices of livestock such as feeder cattle. Over time, those prices tend to be among the most stable of agricultural commodity values, he said. But "they really have been surging lately," he said.
    Those increases have been driven in part by the increasing use of corn to produce ethanol. Rising corn prices will eventually choke off the use of corn in animal feed, as farmers turn to soybeans and other substitutes.
    But with gasoline prices around $3 in most of the United States and the government expanding the use of ethanol, there is no prospect for a decline in corn for fuel use, as inefficient as that whole business might be.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 01-27-15 at 02:01 PM.

Fishhead

Corn: Corn futures are called 7 to 8 cents higher. Overnight trade at 6:45 am CT was 7 1/4 to 7 1/2 cents higher. Follow-through buying is supporting the market following the bullish USDA supply/demand revisions yesterday. USDA lowered the production estimate for 2010 and pushed the ending stocks to the very tight level of 745 million bushels. The stocks-to-use ratio of 5.5% is extremely tight. Outside markets and commercial selling following the recent rally in prices will limit gains.

Soybeans: Soybean futures are called 3 to 4 cents higher. Overnight trade at 6:45 am CT was 3 1/4 to 4 1/4 cents higher. The market was choppy overnight, but has pulled slightly higher on the bullish USDA revisions yesterday and spillover support from corn. As with corn, USDA lowered ending stocks to the very tight level of only 140 million bushels. The stocks-to-use ratio is only 4.2%. Gains are expected to be limited by some profit-taking from the strong rally yesterday, outside markets and the weekly export sales report which could indicate slowing demand

Doug
    Doug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1298

There is kind of a problem with Gold not actually being terribly useful. It's great for locking up in vaults....but not really needed for much. Corn is fine, but you can't really store large quantities of it unless maybe you have a silo and a farm ? Even then it is perishable. Farmland seems better, but you certainly can't move it like gold.

What if all the Gold in Fort Knox were to disappear overnite ( some say there is none) ? If the stuff were really needed it wouldn't all be locked up !

Fishhead

DOUG, one doesn't have to buy a silo or crib to buy corn...........c'mon.

Fishhead

CORN up around 2% on the day..............JUST INCREDIBLE how bullish this market is right now.

venice2222
    venice2222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2354

I still prefer to invest in booze, women and gambling.

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by venice2222 View Post
    I still prefer to invest in booze, women and gambling.

GOOD booze is made with corn........in fact, BOURBON has to have at LEAST 51% CORN in it to be classified a BOURBON.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

I thought this thread was about posters jjgold and hhsilver.

mrmarket
    Update your status
    mrmarket's Avatar Become A Pro!

Men of wisdom heed my call for help. You cunning speculators who laugh at the vicissitudes of fortune, would you be so kind as to educate a layman such as myself,in all matters financial, as to how you go about formulating the valuation of gold?

Would you also be so kind as to make the distinction as to where the line between speculation and investment is drawn?

Many thanks

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

A lot better commodities than corn right now. Also a lot better precious metals than gold and silver. This advice would have been a lot better a year ago.

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by big0mar View Post
    A lot better commodities than corn right now. Also a lot better precious metals than gold and silver. This advice would have been a lot better a year ago.
    Advised buying corn back then.......up 50% in the past year.

Fishhead

Prices for corn futures, at $6.23 a bushel this week on the Chicago Mercantile Exchange, are already higher than they've been in 21/2 years. A brokerage in Singapore, Phillip Futures, predicted this week that they would explode by another 36 percent in 2011, to $8.50 a bushel, driven at least partly by demand from China and by renewed tax incentives given to U.S. ethanol producers

scott235
    scott235's Avatar Become A Pro!

no doubt Fish is shorting these 2 markets in the near term

1234 Last