BookieOweMe
    BookieOweMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4371

Where is the best place to sell an iPhone?

I want to avoid eBay due to the scammers. I dont know of any other place...

Double Bogey
    Double Bogey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1472

Gazelle.com great site, and got an email recently of a 10% bonus

JuicedUp
    JuicedUp's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6148

Craigslist.

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6495

i got a 3g just laying around...

BookieOweMe

Quote Originally Posted by Double Bogey View Post
    Gazelle.com great site, and got an email recently of a 10% bonus
    can anyone get a bonus?

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

if you get scammed on ebay you're doing something wrong. what you need to be worried about with ebay is the asinine fees that they along with paypal charge

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Craigslist. Just meet up with the guy in a parking lot somewhere.

That's where I sell all my old shit.

Double Bogey
    Double Bogey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1472

Think so. I haven't sold anything to them for a while so not sure. But it is as hassle free as possible to sell stuff like an iPhone. Just enter in the info on the site and they'll tell you exactly how much they'll give you for it. Then pay for the shipping and even send you a box to ship.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

ebay is the only way to go if you want top dollar.

i am also looking to sell my iphone since i got a new phone and tried all those online companies that buy them but they offered $60-90 when i could easily get $250 on ebay.

to avoid fraud, only ship to confirmed address (us only) and pay extra for signature confirmation.

JD426
    JD426's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3966

How do you get scammed using eBay? Just wait until you get paid to send it, then like crstuyme said, pay the extra buck for signature confirmation so they can't claim they never received the shipment. There are scammers on there of course (someone tried to get me to send a laptop to Nigeria and then they would pay me after they received the shipment) but if you're halfway intelligent then you'll be able to tell when someone is trying to rip you off.

BookieOweMe

Quote Originally Posted by JD426 View Post
    How do you get scammed using eBay? Just wait until you get paid to send it, then like crstuyme said, pay the extra buck for signature confirmation so they can't claim they never received the shipment. There are scammers on there of course (someone tried to get me to send a laptop to Nigeria and then they would pay me after they received the shipment) but if you're halfway intelligent then you'll be able to tell when someone is trying to rip you off.
    Stolen paypal accounts, say something is wrong with the product, disputes, etc. eBay usually sides with the buyer.

stikymess
    stikymess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

Agree with Craigslist, only issue is tons of low ballers. So get price you are set on before meeting.

JimmysEgo
    JimmysEgo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

trade it to a whore.

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

craigslist is great but you have to put up with all the spam emails. Ebay is the best for anything that is small & easy to ship.

I list everything on craigs, but if it is small enough to ship at a reasonable price I put it on ebay also.

BUT, dont think people wont pay high shipping if its something they really need & cannot find. I had these listed on my local craigs but this guy called me from Ft.Lauderdale needing them, sent $375 paypal immediately after I sent him hi-def pics & then sent me $160 for shipping & was tickled shitless

complete exhaust setup for a 4.3 OMC, I just knew I would have to sit on these all winter until boating season around here in May or June, but this dude in Fla bought them a week before xmas to beat it all, that was great, a nice little cash influx for the holidays
    Attached Images