darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19456

Quote Originally Posted by playit View Post
    Michigan should be a top 5 program. Sad to see how far its fallen
    Why?

Seriously, why?
    Can you be constructive?
    Or are you gonna be closed-minded and scream about the past and not conclude to a plan?

I love how Michigan has been, but they are about to become Notre Dame.

Hoke is the last hope.

wookieehumper
    wookieehumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Michigan was a top 5 program 100 years ago. They only have 2 national titles in the poll era. Not even close to what I call elite

sassagore
    sassagore's Avatar Become A Pro!

when bo schembechler was hired, headlines on everything covering michigan read "BO WHO?!"...that panned out well. some michigan fans & most other college football fans are saying the same thing..."brady who?!".

michigan football just had it's first violations in program history, do you really wanna bring a coach to michigan who is fresh off of recruiting violations? also, his playclock management is that of a 2 year old toddler.

brady hoke impressed me at his introductory conference, even chalking up a point for himself with his quetion/answer with the infamous drew sharp. he was passionate, bold, to the point, & only seems to be gaining momentum with players & fans as the days go by.

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

it's probably hard to recurit to michigan because people are leaving that area and moving to other location where jobs can be found. i doubt michigan is ever really good again in the near future because players and coaches don't want to go there. getting denard robinson from florida was a big step in the right direction. they should have keep rich rod and get a def coordinator. i don't see how this new coach is going to be able to recruit nationally to compete when people don't want to live in michigan

GOIRISH
    GOIRISH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1128

Quote Originally Posted by darrell74 View Post
    Michigan may have the best fans in not only the Big Ten, but the nation.
    Here's a statistic that helps:
    http://www.cnbc.com/id/41060717

Albert Pujols
    Albert Pujols's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

I thought for sure Harbaugh would be the coach for you guys. Must be real disappointing to not get him.

JD426
    JD426's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3966

Quote Originally Posted by antifoil View Post
    it's probably hard to recurit to michigan because people are leaving that area and moving to other location where jobs can be found. i doubt michigan is ever really good again in the near future because players and coaches don't want to go there. getting denard robinson from florida was a big step in the right direction. they should have keep rich rod and get a def coordinator. i don't see how this new coach is going to be able to recruit nationally to compete when people don't want to live in michigan
    Michigan has had 3 different D coordinators in RichRod's 3 years. Should they just keep getting a new one every year and keep watching the defense get worse and worse? I agree that Texas, USC, Florida, etc. have a recruiting edge based on location (both weather and the quality of the prospects in their states), but I doubt that top prospects factor a state's economy into their decision to play at that school. They are all convinced that they'll be heading to the NFL after school, not heading over to General Motors and applying for a job.

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

Brady hoke will be a godsend to michigan alum...he turns teams around

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

so you agree that michigan can't be a top 5 program because there are no recruits left in michigan because everyone left to find work and they aren't going to be able to go national and get kids in FL and TX so they have to try and pick guys off in states with no schools to go up north instead of sunny cal or get kids from going to ohio st from OH. its just too big of a hurdle to get over without a guy with a scheme that can get niche schemes like mike leach or rich rod. it really shows when they can't get a top coach or coaching prospect to come to the program like FL did with muschamp.

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

[QUOTE=GOIRISH;8439892][
    /QUOTE]

Lmao!!!!!!!

Bookmaster
    Bookmaster's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes, please unite. Being in one place will make it easier to avoid you, you INSUFFERABLE PRICKS.

I kid, I kid. Though I have taken pleasure in your public demise.

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19456

Goirish guy, I gotta tell you that was a funny video.
    The problem with that video is that you could interchange any school with that.Nothing was unique to Michigan. Every large fan base has their fair share of mullet wearing retards.

It would have been funnier if it wasn't from a Notre Dame fan.
    Notre Dame, clearly, has the biggest front-runner fan base out there due to the Catholic religion.

I live in New Mexico, and I have seen so many drunk idiots, slur a cry for Notre Dame because their parents made them go to church when they were a kid.
    The dumbest fans I've met maybe the Brigham Young and Notre Dame.
    The mormons are a bunch of self-righteous retards.
    Catholics are a bunch of superficial, superstitious loudmouths.
    IMHO

blueghost
    blueghost's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2401

looking forward to next year..LETS GO BLUE!

GOIRISH
    GOIRISH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1128

Quote Originally Posted by darrell74 View Post
    Goirish guy, I gotta tell you that was a funny video.
    The problem with that video is that you could interchange any school with that.Nothing was unique to Michigan. Every large fan base has their fair share of mullet wearing retards.

It would have been funnier if it wasn't from a Notre Dame fan.
    Notre Dame, clearly, has the biggest front-runner fan base out there due to the Catholic religion.

I live in New Mexico, and I have seen so many drunk idiots, slur a cry for Notre Dame because their parents made them go to church when they were a kid.
    The dumbest fans I've met maybe the Brigham Young and Notre Dame.
    The mormons are a bunch of self-righteous retards.
    Catholics are a bunch of superficial, superstitious loudmouths.
    IMHO
    i have lived within 5 mintues from notre dame my whole life, i however am not catholic. every sports team has bad apples, notre dame is known world wide so we may have more bad apples only because we have more fans. however if you are actually are in the stadium that number decreases drastically, because its extremely hard to get tickets for the game, and usually sell for a lot so you get more of the well off people. like regis philbin. however as an irish fan i can still see why we are so hated, however that does not change my opinion on any school in michigan or that special needs school in west Lafayette

Muscles
    Muscles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2096

MSU will keep up the streak in football and basketball over UofM come 1/27/10!

purecarnagge
    purecarnagge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    i wouldn't consider brady hoke as coach to be encouraging news..

When Les Miles turns down the winningest program in college football, it's a problem

It will take years to fix rich rod's mistakes
    Les Miles isn't exactly all that.

Infact he won't go to Michigan because HE CAN'T win there and he knows that!

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!
    FrozenMAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4112

what are ya smoking??? MICHIGAN STILL BLOWS THE BIG ONE and will be trash again next year as that thing you call a "Defense" is just TERRIBLE and Robinson is overrated to the extreme....

SCHEELHAASE AND THE ILLINI ARE GONNA BE SOLID, EVEN WITH THE EARLY NFL DEPARTURES....man but if they had stayed another year, WOW this team coulda won the Big Ten crown with EASE!

shade3599
    shade3599's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

I like how they hired hoke and the d coordinator. His name slips my mind. But the main thing is they have ties to Michigan. So they know how important the Ohio st game is every year. Rich rod never grasped that concept. These coaches should turn this team around.

sassagore
    sassagore's Avatar Become A Pro!

given the circumstances, heck of a recruiting class that brady hoke is bringing to ann arbor.

First 12