PuckOff
    PuckOff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4352

Quote Originally Posted by sickler View Post
    Not "maybe" for Toronto when it comes to not being able to handle a bit of snow. Eleven years ago, called in the army. It was the butt of jokes over here.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/story/1999/01/14/snow990114.html

Yes and when we got hammered by White Juan the Feds were no where to be found. Typical of the Gov to cater to you Upper Canadians. hehehehe

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

Quote Originally Posted by PuckOff View Post
    Yes and when we got hammered by White Juan the Feds were no where to be found. Typical of the Gov to cater to you Upper Canadians. hehehehe
    Toronto's mayor has pull...but he's a pussy for summoning the troops.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Alas, I look out my window, hammered here last night too. Fukk me.

frizzelli
    frizzelli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Fuk me this CanuckG is the west coast douche version of Rod10 it saddens me that two of sbr biggest attention whores are fellow canadians.

PuckOff
    PuckOff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4352

Where you from Frizz? Don't tell me you're another Upper Canadian.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

how are flights coming in and out of YVR? fine?

frizzelli
    frizzelli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Orignally from Cornwall, but lived in Ottawa,Hamilton,Whistler, Prince George, Williams Lake, Calgary and Niagara Falls

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Check out this blizzard that hit Atlantic Canda in 2004 Shari. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Juan. I and the rest of Halifax were stranded for 4 days. This happened 5 months after the Hurricane blew through. Now that's a blizzard. People who whine about 30 CM of snow are pussies. These types of snow storms are so common where I am that we just shrug it off like it's a rain storm.
    Ok, that is seriously crazy. Wow. The worst I remember as an adult was it storming so bad that the no one could go anywhere for a few days and when I walked out of my house the snow was up to my waist. Obviously nothing like your storm though. Apparently Thunder Bay has the record for the coldest wind chill day in Ontario though -36 degrees with a wind chill temp of -58. I would've been 7 then. Again I wonder what ever possessed my parents to want to live in that bloody place.
    Quote Originally Posted by sickler View Post
    Not "maybe" for Toronto when it comes to not being able to handle a bit of snow. Eleven years ago, called in the army. It was the butt of jokes over here. http://www.cbc.ca/news/story/1999/01/14/snow990114.html
    I remember that! I was actually still in Canada then and yes, Toronto did take a lot of flack from some of us more rugged types.

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post

I remember that! I was actually still in Canada then and yes, Toronto did take a lot of flack from some of us more rugged types.
    Shari, they (Hogtowners) will never live it down. Still gets mentioned to this day.

We (you, I and other rugged types) would have dealt with it ourselves....

White Rhino
    White Rhino's Avatar Become A Pro!

fell asleep with 6 inches of snow woke up to none. the rain is making this place an ugly mess.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

So right now I'm at the Waterfront station on my trusty iPad...just finished my exam...killed it, and out of nowhere a fight breaks out right near the escalator to get to the Skytrain...got a good view.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

When and why were you here?
    born in dartmouth...left for montreal until I was 7..back then to Halifax until I was 10 then Vancouver the rest of the way

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

in Philly snow turned out to be nothing

weather people got it wrong again

First 12