dynamite140
    dynamite140's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 39777

Itouch Screen Protector Question

I recently purchased Black Silicone Case+Protector for iPod Touch 4G 4th Generation on ebay.

The case is decent. However, the screen protector that i received, does anyone know if i had to stick it into my itouch the moment i peeled it off? The reason is it didn't stick even after i tried to put it on my screen. And right now its been a few days. Does that mean my screen protector is useless now since it doesn't stick anymore?

I'm confused because there are instructions that tell you on how to reuse it such as using soap to wash it and put it back on so I assume you can stick the screen protector onto your itouch, take it off and put it back on?

Can someone who has an itouch and use a screen protector can tell me if my screen protector useless now?

dynamite140

anyone?

jnickell100
    jnickell100's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 269

i had a screen protector for my iphone and it got some dirt and other shit under it. SO i took it off and tried to wash it like the instructions say and it never would stick again. So theres your answer

bobbyfk
    Las Vegas Local
    bobbyfk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

I would have put it on ASAP..if you don't it won't work as well or at all. I think its useless now

dynamite140

Okay but this is what i don't get. You get an itouch screen protector to protect it against scratches. But once you put it on, you cannot take it off? Then what is the point of a screen protector? I know some people who tell me they bought screen protector so to keep it in good condition and if you sell it on ebay later on, price would be higher than if it is scratched. But what is the point of it IF you can't even take it off and put it back on?

Or is there something i'm missing here?

Double Bogey
    Double Bogey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1472

Why would you want it off? If applied properly you shouldn't even notice it.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

they are like 50 cents on ebay.

buy 100. go crazy.

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

It protects against scratches....what is not to get?

You can get a three pack for like $5 not very expensive....

bobbyfk
    Las Vegas Local

Quote Originally Posted by Double Bogey View Post
    Why would you want it off? If applied properly you shouldn't even notice it.
    exactly

dynamite140

Yes i know if you apply it properly you wouldn't notice it. But what i mean is what is the point of having it on though? Assuming you don't scratch it, don't you find the screen protector a bit annoying? I prefer touching the itouch actual screen and not the screen protector. I have touched a regular itouch with a screen protector on it and don't like it. Not sure if its me or not.

And how do people scratch the screen? I would assume that they put their keys in same pocket as their itouch? What other ways can they scratch it? I don't have long nails and i press everything with my fingers.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

InvisableSheild by Zagg.

Best out there.

Wrapped my EVO in it.

bobbyfk
    Las Vegas Local

I cant even feel the difference between the screen protector and the regular screen

Flexin
    Flexin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 51

Quote Originally Posted by dynamite140 View Post
    Okay but this is what i don't get. You get an itouch screen protector to protect it against scratches. But once you put it on, you cannot take it off? Then what is the point of a screen protector? I know some people who tell me they bought screen protector so to keep it in good condition and if you sell it on ebay later on, price would be higher than if it is scratched. But what is the point of it IF you can't even take it off and put it back on? Or is there something i'm missing here?
    You can take them off. And the reason some people take them off is because they get trashed. Pull it off, put on a new one and your set.

If you don't like the Touch with a screen protector on it then don't put it on. Its that simple. Its your Ipod. Some get a case and don't use the protector. Some just use a protector. Some use nothing at all.

James

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

natural oils on your fingers can smudge and damage the screen.

i buy tons of screen protectors off ebay and replace every month.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    natural oils on your fingers can smudge and damage the screen.

i buy tons of screen protectors off ebay and replace every month.
    Check out the InvisableSHEILD and save yourself sometime.

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

Quote Originally Posted by dynamite140 View Post
    Yes i know if you apply it properly you wouldn't notice it. But what i mean is what is the point of having it on though? Assuming you don't scratch it, don't you find the screen protector a bit annoying? I prefer touching the itouch actual screen and not the screen protector. I have touched a regular itouch with a screen protector on it and don't like it. Not sure if its me or not. And how do people scratch the screen? I would assume that they put their keys in same pocket as their itouch? What other ways can they scratch it? I don't have long nails and i press everything with my fingers.
    Hmm most screen protectors I've used you can barely notice it's there.

Scratches can happen from just from regular wear an tear....small ones not some big ass scratch.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

All you need fellas.

It is hard to even scratch the film.

mattmc419
    mattmc419's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Take your Ipod to Best Buy and tell them you want a screen protector on it. They'll do it for like $10 including the protector. I had mine done and they did an amazing job - totally worth it.