No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by tltaylor89 View Post
    Coin flip my ass Auburn was bigger up front
    So why did they win on a last-second FG?

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Why do you keep using this as a reference point? Stanford opened at -1 and was immediately pounded up.

As for this game, Auburn was the better team -- but don't act like this was a slam dunk. Despite that and Oregon playing like total dogshit, it still came down to the final play.

If Kelly kicks the stupid fvcking field goal instead of going for it from the 1, this thread may not have existed.
    if and buts, ifs and buts. If Cam doesn't fumble the ball, they win easily. Get real. It's funny how nobody is talking about how Auburn changed their game plan after they got the lead. They were sitting on it instead of being aggressive.

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Quote Originally Posted by The Seer View Post
    Auburn had the better D line, better O line, better players, and the best player on the field. Let's not forget they played a much tougher schedule and played in epic battles all season. The score was much closer than the game. Oregon pulled out all stops with fakes and were still taken out of their game. Line movement can be deceiving. I did it myself in the Stnford/VT game instead of trusting myself.

Exactly. Glad I trusted my instincts and you helped reinforce those for me

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

if and buts, ifs and buts. If Cam doesn't fumble the ball, they win easily. Get real. It's funny how nobody is talking about how Auburn changed their game plan after they got the lead. They were sitting on it instead of being aggressive.
    Was the final score not 22-19 on a last-second FG?

I can understand this thread had Auburn won by two TD's.

The Seer

Quote Originally Posted by lyon804 View Post
    Exactly. Glad I trusted my instincts and you helped reinforce those for me
    funny, these clowns say I said it after the fact they're just sore

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

I'm still trying to figure out what you're talking about with Stanford-VT.

covers.com/sports/odds/linehistory.aspx?eventId=29150&sport=ncf

The Seer

Was the final score not 22-19 on a last-second FG?

I can understand this thread had Auburn won by two TD's.
    Urban Meyer said as the game went on it was obvious Auburn was pushing Oregon around. He said the size difference was obvious. The fact is, Auburn sat on a lead in which they could have added to & came close to getting burned but they still did what they needed to win.

Cap dat 4ss
    okst. -13.5
    Cap dat 4ss's Avatar Become A Pro!

Your still behind foldii and Brock and you picked VT to beat Stanford easily. Your a schmuck, Schmuck.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Urban Meyer said as the game went on it was obvious Auburn was pushing Oregon around. He said the size difference was obvious. The fact is, Auburn sat on a lead in which they could have added to & came close to getting burned but they still did what they needed to win.
    I'm not denying the fact that Auburn was the "better" team (though both teams played like shit).

I'm just stating a fact: despite their "dominance," they won 22-19 on a last second field goal, which makes this thread kind of pointless IMHO.

Had it been a two-TD victory, you'd definitely have a reason to gloat.

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

funny, these clowns say I said it after the fact they're just sore

Folks, I know Seer and we went back and forth in depth about this game before it was played over PM and he assured me Auburn was just better. Some people unlike me really know football and Seer is one of them.

Anyways, you can't convince a bunch of folks who lost anyways. Anybody watched the game could see the dominace Auburn had in the "trenches" where games are actually won. The stats and the final score was no indication of the dominance. Auburn owned there asses. As for the excuses about James and Thomas playing poorly??? Did you people watch the game? maybe that physical defense has something to do with that. This wasn't the Pac-10 you know...

The Seer

I'm still trying to figure out what you're talking about with Stanford-VT. covers.com/sports/odds/linehistory.aspx?eventId=29150&sport=ncf
    i looked at sportsinsights when I saw it & apparently I wasn't the only one as someone else posted it.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by lyon804 View Post
    Folks, I know Seer and we went back and forth in depth about this game before it was played over PM and he assured me Auburn was just better. Some people unlike me really know football and Seer is one of them.

Anyways, you can't convince a bunch of folks who lost anyways. Anybody watched the game could see the dominace Auburn had in the "trenches" where games are actually won. The stats and the final score was no indication of the dominance. Auburn owned there asses. As for the excuses about James and Thomas playing poorly??? Did you people watch the game? maybe that physical defense has something to do with that. This wasn't the Pac-10 you know...
    Again, lyon, I agree Auburn had the better team.

I just don't get the point of the "I told you so" thread after a 3-point, last-second win -- especially when you're citing phantom RLM losses like Stanford-VT as a back-up to the argument.

The Seer

I'm not denying the fact that Auburn was the "better" team (though both teams played like shit).

I'm just stating a fact: despite their "dominance," they won 22-19 on a last second field goal, which makes this thread kind of pointless IMHO.

Had it been a two-TD victory, you'd definitely have a reason to gloat.
    Your reading comprehension skills need some fine tuning. If you reread the first post I stated that people shouldn't blindly pick games off of line movement. I also stated that I did it before and got burned. I'm sorry if you can't understand that.
    Last edited by The Seer; 01-11-11 at 12:46 AM.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

i looked at sportsinsights when I saw it & apparently I wasn't the only one as someone else posted it.
    Posted what? Stanford opened at -1, then immediately went to -3, where it started at most books. They closed at -3.5. There was no RLM on this game -- there wasn't any indication by line movement at all that VT was the play.

Wojo
    Wojo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9513

You have to know when line movement is important. Line movement on Oregon the past day was the sucker public betting Oregon. The original line movement by sharps was when the line first came out favoring Auburn.

You bet on early line movement. Most squares don't even know what that was.

The Seer

Quote Originally Posted by Cap dat 4ss View Post
    Your still behind foldii and Brock and you picked VT to beat Stanford easily. Your a schmuck, Schmuck.
    dude, you are irrelevant at this forum. Where are your winning picks. Now, please go troll somewhere else or post picks in a thread. Thanks. BTW, how did those Colts and Saints picks work out for ya?
    Last edited by The Seer; 01-11-11 at 12:46 AM.

The Seer

Posted what? Stanford opened at -1, then immediately went to -3, where it started at most books. They closed at -3.5. There was no RLM on this game -- there wasn't any indication by line movement at all that VT was the play.
    are you arguing for the sake of arguing or what?

tltaylor89
    FVn=S(1+c)n
    tltaylor89's Avatar Become A Pro!

Seer while you are at it tell these dumbasses that having the hand on the ground does not rule the play dead

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Wojo View Post
    You have to know when line movement is important. Line movement on Oregon the past day was the sucker public betting Oregon. The original line movement by sharps was when the line first came out favoring Auburn.

You bet on early line movement. Most squares don't even know what that was.
    Wrong.

The public doesn't have that kind of influence.

A lot of heavy hitters were on Oregon.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

are you arguing for the sake of arguing or what?
    You keep pointing it out -- I'm just setting the record straight.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Sharks was on auburn

Including myself

The Seer

You keep pointing it out -- I'm just setting the record straight.
    Either way, it was one I lost & I didn't look at any of the match ups and forced a play there which is something I don't normally do.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

I'm just going to say this about RLM and/or late line movement and then let the dog lie: tonight it lost. And it's far from 100%. If such a thing existed, we'd all be rich and gambling would be easy. However, it wins more than it loses. So you'd be a fool to ignore it, or fade it, on a regular basis in my opinion.

tony_come

Just sitting back and having a nice cold Sierra Nevada

Again thank you Oregon backers

The Seer

I'm just going to say this about RLM and let the dog lie: tonight it lost. And it's far from 100%. If such a thing existed, we'd all be rich and gambling would be easy. However, it wins more than it loses. So you'd be a fool to ignore it, or fade it, on a regular basis in my opinion.
    like I said before, don't blindly follow it but you can definitely use it. This game had too many other factors to ignore is what my whole point was.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Line movement loses AGaIN. AGAIN, these games are played on the field and not in offices. "pinny" gambles just like us.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Line movement loses AGaIN. AGAIN, these games are played on the field and not in offices. "pinny" gambles just like us.
    You know I respect the hell out of you paco, but I've noticed you're very selective in pointing this out.

Just don't pretend that RLM or late money is a regular loser, and don't pretend people who read lines like myself think it's a 100% sure thing. Because neither are true.

Pinny and the like aren't machines/robots, but the oddsmakers and sharp bettors who move these lines are a hell of a lot more knowledgeable than any of us when it comes to making the right play. Don't take the knowledge of these cats in the "offices" lightly.

tony_come

Public lost and books won BIG!

Prop Bet Master
    The road to nowhere leads to me!
    Prop Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

I didn't have either side, but it's easy to call people suckers and say this shit after the game is over! Oregon played like shit and they still could have pulled it out!

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by tony_come View Post
    Public lost and books won BIG!
    How do you figure? The ML/side totals were pretty split with the public.

Books won big with late sharp money -- not public money. Early sharp money pounded Auburn.

tony_come

No comment

I briefly stated this afternoon

The Seer

Quote Originally Posted by Prop Bet Master View Post
    I didn't have either side, but it's easy to call people suckers and say this shit after the game is over! Oregon played like shit and they still could have pulled it out!
    prop master, turn read master for a sec and read post #22. thanks

Trident
    Update your status
    Trident's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2791

Quote Originally Posted by Prop Bet Master View Post

The Seer

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    thanks for the applause since I said it before the game as well, reread the original post

Trident
    Update your status
    Trident's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2791

thanks for the applause since I said it before the game as well, reread the original post
    The applause wasn't intended for you.

First 1234 Last