Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Anyone been to STAMFORD BRIDGE?

If so, how is the area surrounding the staduim?

What are the top watering holes near the area?

Thanks in advance

The Madcap
    The world meets nobody halfway.
    The Madcap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 460

I was there once. Saw them play ManU to a nil-nil draw. It was the year ManU won the treble. 98? 99 maybe? Somewhere in there.

We went to two places: the Slug and Lettuce and The Fox and Pheasant. I remember because we almost got into a fight with the ManU crowd at Slug, and then got into a fight with some Chelsea people outside of Fox. A great day. Well, except for the match. Kind of dull. But then I was hammered by that point and don't remember much of it.

I hear the sofa so bar is the best place for Chelsea fans on game day. It's the closest pub to the stadium I think. Parking sucks around the whole area, so you best be tubing it.
    Last edited by The Madcap; 01-09-11 at 10:39 AM.

TOTTENHAM2
    TOTTENHAM2's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
    If so, how is the area surrounding the staduim?

What are the top watering holes near the area?

Thanks in advance
    its in the middle of west london theres so many places in walking distance, tube ride etc.
    you"ll miss the game by a month if you do them all,kings rd sloane square etc

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

I was there two years ago and it's one of the greatest experiences in sports I've ever had. I'm not a die hard soccer fan, but I follow enough to know what's going on and who the major players are. It's nothing like going to an NBA, NHL or MLB game and it's about 10x more intense then an NFL stadium.

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Hey, thanks much for the info!!

Mr. Jones
    Mr. Jones's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fisher have about ten beers in a local pub. Put a visiting club's scarf around your neck. Then walk on foot to a MILLWALL game. Walk on the wild side my friend.

The Madcap
    The world meets nobody halfway.
    The Madcap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 460

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jones View Post
    Fisher have about ten beers in a local pub. Put a visiting club's scarf around your neck. Then walk on foot to a MILLWALL game. Walk on the wild side my friend.
    I've been known to do some crazy things in my time, but soliciting the wrath of East End hooligans is not one of them. You are a bolder one than me my friend to risk the Bushwackers. No one likes them, and they don't care.
    Last edited by The Madcap; 01-09-11 at 11:40 AM.