Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Pinny Now Getting Consistently Beat By 5Dimes

In terms of having better lines (particularly ML dogs). This is a recent development I have noticed.
    I notice them beating even Matchy on some too.

Example: GB +125 @ 5D; +120 @ Pinny; +122 @ Matchbook

I have to think Pinny (matchy on some) are cutting back the value, cause they're almost on par with shops like BM or Greek now, because it was always (in terms of line value): 1) Matchy 2) Pinny 3) 5D.

Jontheman
    Jontheman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4073

Well if Pinny and 5D are both running 10 cent lines then 5D will always be better than Pinny on one side of the line (unless they are identical) so what's your point? Your concept of value seems a bit confused - just because 5D is better odds on the dog and Pinny on the fave it isn't automatic that 5D is offering value.

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Pinnacle is better than 5Dimes, no contest.

sportsfanatic
    Update your status
    sportsfanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3908

deleted
    Last edited by sportsfanatic; 01-09-11 at 06:17 AM.

zebras99
    zebras99's Avatar Become A Pro!

5 dimes might be better at some markets, but there are numerous markets where pinny beats everyone.

Ibrakadabra
    Ibrakadabra's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

This is interesting but of what I heard 5 dimes is very fast when it comes to limiting, making the comparison a bit unfair. I mean, if you only accept very small stakes it´s a lot easier too keep low juice. So, isn´t this just some kind of marketing from 5 dimes to show they can compete with Pinnys pricing? When in reality those lines can only be used for small stakes and by "recreationals"?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

5 Dimes you can bet $200 and Pinnacle $10,000 and up

5 Dimes could not afford to pay 10K winners
    case fukkin closed

onion
    onion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pinnacle the best, no game

mminkovski
    mminkovski's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17525

you need to calculate bookie's edge to figure out which one is better. I'd still go for Pinnacle

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just use them all if you can, why think about which is better...but for betting larger amounts it is no contest, Pinny is for Pros and 5Dimes is not.

20Four7
    Timmy T = Failure
    20Four7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4120

I have found several places that offered value compared with Pinny. I have been limited or kicked out of each one of them. Beat Tony and see what G*D has to say. He'll boot your ass so hard you won't find it for a week.

BigSpoon
    Henlo
    BigSpoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65573

$500 limit on the RJ at 5Dimes at +110 for Green Bay.

$30K limit at Pinny at +109 for Green Bay atm.

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

I know the limits, just saying I rarely ever saw 5D with better line value than Pinny, now I see it often. Also seeing Pinny go up to 15 cent lines, when they used to have like 8 cent lines.

Bad title, fine.

kkkkk
    kkkkk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16072

this title is joke, 5Dimes should be E or F rated, becose they steal money.

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

5Dimes dominates Pinny in terms of betting options, but limits are low.

Both are good outs

MarkDee
    MarkDee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Pinny pays out no prob, never a prob

BetterBizness
    My chicks!
    BetterBizness's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7638

In the 100,000 products on the shelf, Wal-Mart doesn't always have the lowest price either...

creditcardclown
    creditcardclown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

QUESTION

is 5dimes sketchy? i was gonna get a friend to send me monetey there.

if a site charges low vig, shouldnt they also have low limits? and if a site has high vig, cant they afford to have v. high limits?

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Quote Originally Posted by kkkkk View Post
    this title is joke, 5Dimes should be E or F rated, becose they steal money.
    more ignorance...you are obviously one of the many many shot takers who has tried to fukk them out of a bad line, got caught and chucked. tony is no saint, but he is fair and very rarely will you come across one of the complaint cases and find that 5dimes is in the wrong

bracerman
    bracerman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3404

Quote Originally Posted by creditcardclown View Post
    QUESTION

if a site charges low vig, shouldnt they also have low limits? and if a site has high vig, cant they afford to have v. high limits?
    They'll limit you and ban you if they don't like your plays, but I believe they always pay.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Quote Originally Posted by Sunde91 View Post
    I know the limits, just saying I rarely ever saw 5D with better line value than Pinny, now I see it often. Also seeing Pinny go up to 15 cent lines, when they used to have like 8 cent lines.

Bad title, fine.

You just have selective memory. With the exception of ncaab totals pinny's holds are lower than ever. They've made them more consistent. That 5dimes has better prices on one side of a game often is irrelevant, most rec books do every day.

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Only time 5dimes offers a better price than Pinnacle is if they are either trying to balance their action or they are slow to react to Pinnacles line move.

5dimes is the most notorious copycat book out there and would not be around if it was not for Pinnacle.

jw
    jw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6737

I noticed the past few days that more and more of my soccer plays were going with 5Dimes .. lines do seem much more competitive recently.

KGambler
    KGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

I have been noticing recently that many lines which are lined at something like

+4 -101
    -4 -109

at Pinnacle will still be -105/-105 at 5Dimes. I don't know if this is on purpose or if they are slow to "clone" Pinny's line. It looks like they don't try to clone every Pinny line though. It often happens you see -108 at 5Dimes for something which is -109 at Pinnacle.

Of course, you can only bet to win $500 max on 5Dimes reduced juice. But they are a very solid out. To say that a professional wouldn't play there is just dumb. A professional should have many outs.

And for games like the Green Bay game mentioned, they often let you wager the reduced juice line many times without moving it. If you wager the max, try again in a couple of minutes if the line has not moved. Sometimes it will go through.

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

5Dimes sucks! They are a pussy ass book. End of story.

THEGREAT30
    A man in need is a man exposed
    THEGREAT30's Avatar Become A Pro!

that is impossible 5Dimes will never be as trusted as Pinny

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19581

Quote Originally Posted by creditcardclown View Post
    QUESTION

If you know what you're doing you'll be booted in no time; Pinny is overwhelmingly superior.

the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6309

Pinny is miles better than Dimes...and thats a small sample size. 90% of the time Pinny has the better price

BranchDavidian
    BranchDavidian's Avatar Become A Pro!

right now I see Pinny has an 11 cent range on the ncaa championship. 5dimes has a 10cent margin, and will stay 10 cents up to around +200. Pinny's will go up to 15 cents after +115 or so. 5dimes will have 5 cent overnight baseball lines. So quite often, 5dimes will charge less juice than Pinny. However, this does not make 5dimes "better" than Pinny. Because, if Pinny has the best number for the favorite, then 5dimes will have the better for the dog, and VC-versa. "Better lines" are not to be determined by who has the best payout on a certain favorite or dog. It is ridiculous to talk about who has the best lines, unless you are referring to amount of juice taken.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20513

Quote Originally Posted by onion View Post
    Pinnacle the best, no game
    they're good, better by heaps than 5D but not the best

I place my bets where I can get my money on at the best price on offer

In the past couple of days I've bet on something like 40 tennis matches .. only 3 of them at Pinnacle .. about 70% of the rest at Betfair

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

5 Dimes you can bet $200 and Pinnacle $10,000 and up

5 Dimes could not afford to pay 10K winners
    case fukkin closed
    Well said JJ.

5Dimes' odds are higher then pinnacle sometimes but we can't compare Pinny and 5D. One of them is the biggest book on earth. They accept/tolerance pro action. On the other side, 5D is for recreational bettors.

Btw, please be advised that Betfair comission is only %1.99 in hockey market. Betfair hockey odds may be higher then Pinnacle sometimes. Not always of course! There is a dramatical difference in limit/liquidity of course. You won't be able to bet 10k at Betfair since hockey liquidity is low. But you can place 1k-2k with ease. If you bet 300-500$ per game like you, you'll be fine with BF. Also you should use 5D 'til they show you the door. Reduced Juice is a great bonus.

fido007
    fido007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Is the betfair hockey comission stated in their rules and are there other markets with lower commission

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20513

Quote Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
    Well said JJ.

5Dimes' odds are higher then pinnacle sometimes but we can't compare Pinny and 5D. One of them is the biggest book on earth. They accept/tolerance pro action. On the other side, 5D is for recreational bettors.

Btw, please be advised that Betfair comission is only %1.99 in hockey market. Betfair hockey odds may be higher then Pinnacle sometimes. Not always of course! There is a dramatical difference in limit/liquidity of course. You won't be able to bet 10k at Betfair since hockey liquidity is low. But you can place 1k-2k with ease. If you bet 300-500$ per game like you, you'll be fine with BF. Also you should use 5D 'til they show you the door. Reduced Juice is a great bonus.
    are you referring to Ice Hockey?
    I was unaware of that reduced market rate.
    In fact I've been playing there and my comm. has always been based on the 5% standard base rate.
    And just looking at the current screens (which always show the base rate) :
    5% Market Base Rate (minus your discount)
    so where are you getting that from Sawyer?

fido007
    fido007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

My nhl commission at betfair shows up as 5%.Are you counting your discount rate ?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

5 Dimes is very good for squares, not a book for guys betting serious money.

12 Last