statnerds
    Put me in coach
    statnerds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Guys, NFL is fixed...someone talk me down from the ledge

It makes no sense.

It makes no sense that the Colts lead the NFL in pass play percentage at 64.7%, that Manning avgs 42 atts/gm this year, threw 39 passes vs Jets in AFC Championship game last year, but throws 26 passes tonight against a defense missing Leonhard, a defense that gave up 270 pass yds/gm L3 road games and 8 TDs and 1 INT, without Leonhard...

It makes no sense that a hall of fame QB Superbowl champ would have the offense go through Addai when the Jets have the 3rd ranked rush defense in the NFL.

Seriously now, I feel like there is no Santa Claus, and the curtain is pulled back and the NFL is rigged, and the Wizard is dead. Someone explain to me how a QB like Manning would say yeah, let's run the ball against a team with an injury-riddled secondary. It makes no sense. 27 rushing attempts by the Colts?

And a line that sat at 44.5 all week hits 44 late and even is shaded to -114 Under?

Maybe because I am reading Interference at the moment, a book about the NFL and its long relationship with Organized Crime, shady owners and players gambling on games.

Someone explain to me why the Colts would decide to use their weakness, 29th ranked rushing offense to attack the Jets' strength, their 3rd ranked rushing defense.

I really see no way for me to continue capping and betting the NFL when such a calamity can take place.

Igetp2s
    Igetp2s's Avatar Become A Pro!

It doesn't make sense that Brian Schottenheimer took an entire half to figure out that the Jets could dominate the Colts by running the football on almost every down.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

statnerd .... i hear ya buddy... check my thread out though... u can bet now.. sleep all day tomorrow and wake up a winner on monday

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

Check out Maxlock and my analyses and you'll pick a few things up. Don't press ... take it easy and regroup. Tomorrow is a new day.

astrodomer
    Houston Oilers
    astrodomer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

no way Indy should have lost that game....could have picked up a 1st down therselves and ended the game

kcDdegenerate
    kcDdegenerate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

If you cry about the NFL being fixed...you really should quit

jlgarciaiii22
    jlgarciaiii22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3722

Tough break my friend... But I hear you! Sometimes its is so obvious that some teams a truely not trying to win...

Masu485
    Masu485's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12813

Everyone knows it's fixed already. It's not even a secret anymore. Whether you win or lose, it's a fix.

ebbearsfb1

i try to think its not fixed... but there some times u shake ur head...

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

jump
    jump
    jump
    jump
    jump
    jump

kcDdegenerate

yep .today was fixed....Manning and the Colts along with Brees and the Saints collectively got together and agreed to tank and be knocked out of the playoffs...just so they can have you guys crying about NFL fixes

ebbearsfb1

They wanted seattle to win so now they won't have to fix the playoffs as they'll always point to this explain.... and they allowed the jets to win so they can have jets pats talk all week.. and get steelers ravens.. perfect for the nfl.... exactly what they wanted

do you think the nfl wants the falcons and seahawks in prime time saturday night???? i think not....

perfect set up for tomorrow.. they know that 8 clock time slot is a great time to put a good game on... wont be good if the eagles win...

keep the bears and seahawks at 1 on sunday... only people betting on it or football junkies are gonna watch it anyway..

430: steelers/ravens
    8:00: falcons/packers
    1: bears/seattle
    4:15 pats/jets

best way for nfl to make there money

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2434

Quote Originally Posted by Igetp2s View Post
    It doesn't make sense that Brian Schottenheimer took an entire half to figure out that the Jets could dominate the Colts by running the football on almost every down.

THIS. I was losing my mind in the first half with all the play action. They wernt bitting, yet you can run it for 5+ a carry. What the **** is going on.????????

LISTEN HERE WITH ALL THE RIGGED SHIT PI$$HEADS.

Obviosuly people can be influenced by money, and org crime may have had an influence at ONE TIME. But, nowadays there is just too much talk, too much exposure, too much media, too much internet for a world wide, league wide consipracy in every fuckin sport in the world which every f'n peabrain brain believes exists.

Yes, obviously there can be and will be isolated incidents of people comproimising their integrity for $$$$$ and they will try to influence the game. BUt this is few and far between and is not wide spread. There is a much greater chance for this to happen in a lower exposure game.

Times have chaged shitbirds, your consipiracy theories are not feasible. PEOPLE WOULD DIARREA THAT SHIT AWAY. People are meotional and irrational. They cannot control what they spew out half the time. Look at all of you idiots reading this right now. Look at Tim Donahay blabbin his face off. That is just one fukhead ref, that TRIED to influence games. And the statistics show his influence was not even very influencial.

No conspiracy, just stupidity.

Double Bogey
    Double Bogey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1472

Regular season stats mean nothing in the playoffs. Peyton manning deliberately does not throw the ball all over the field because he would always lose playing like that in his early career. Add to that the jets have a good defense and Sanchez sucks balls and you have an easy under pick.

There are definitely moments that make me scratch my head in the NFL and betting lines, but this was not even close to one of those moments.

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

Get a fuking clue....

ThisGuy
    ThisGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 636

Pick a diff sport

Football is random, that's the nature of the beast. No conspiracy needed

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

all sports are fixed especially the NFL

ebbearsfb1

if sports werent fixed thered be no vegas

tatommack
    cowboys make the playoffs
    tatommack's Avatar Become A Pro!

He's missing Clark Gonzales collie u really thought they were going to kill the jets

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

They ran the ball more often b/c of the defense that the Jets were playing. If you watched closely, you would have noticed Manning changing the play several times to a run play. Even twice he did it on 3rd and 7 (or 8) for first downs. Jets were sitting back with 7 in the box and 2 DEEP safeties. At times they were unloading one side with a blitz which is why Manning kept using audibles. They were inviting the run, so the Colts obliged.

Inspirited
    Inspirited's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17864

seriously, if you think the nfl is fixed bet on the side the nfl is fixing on

simple, no?

nli07
    nli07's Avatar Become A Pro!

It was a great game! I LOVED IT!!!

kcDdegenerate

Quote Originally Posted by Inspirited View Post

simple, no?

dfberger23
    dfberger23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

OP is an idiot. It is sports you fool, you can't predict everything with stats.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Revis completely took Wayne out, combined with injuries to receivers and no blitz they had to run.

statnerds
    Put me in coach
    statnerds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

The first few series of the games for the Colts, Garcon was one-on-one with Cromholdie and was beating him off the line every play. Let's try a different angle. Here are the facts restated:

Manning 42 atts/gm this season

Manning 39 attempts vs Jets in AFC Champ LY, a team with a healthier secondary than yesterday.

Manning avg 42 att/gm last post season.

You keep talking about injured Colts WRs and Clark, but Manning still threw 42 times a game this season.

NYJ 3rd ranked rushing defense. They can stop the run.

Colts 29th ranked rushing offense. They cannot run.

Colts 1st in passing. They can throw and have a hall of famer at QB.

Football is a game of adjustments. Except for Indy yesterday. They ran the ball 13 times for 2.3 YPC in the 1st H. Jets were taking away the run on 1st down and forcing long 2nd and 3rd situations.

I just cannot reconcile the fact that the Colts have the hall of fame QB, a shit running game, playing a stout run D with a banged-up secondary behind it, and a QB playing like shit, that they decided to use their weakness to attack the Jets' strength. I cannot get my head around that possibility that the Colts would decide they should run the ball, play conservative and shorten the game against an inferior offense?

The most monumentally stupid coaching decision/game plans of all-time? That is what I should choose to believe?

I didn't bet a side.

Had the Over.

Also had Sea ML.

Have Bal 1.5 today.

Lockitup1x
    Lockitup1x's Avatar Become A Pro!

Colts got what they deserved.

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

1) they had to run a few times becuase the jets were dominating the time of possession. you cannot simply let your defense out there to hang and die like that so you have to try to run at least 2 or 3 times in the drive.

2) a lot of the run plays were audibles by peyton manning at the line of scrimmage, many of which were successful, particularly on the third and longs where indy DID in fact manage to get first downs.

did they run a few times too many? maybe. but again, time of possession was a big factor. sometimes you have to run the ball a little more, involuntarily, due to the other team being a complete rushing team, that is controlling the game clock successfully.

this is football, you have to understand WHY.

Powderguy
    Powderguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

The Colts just didn't have that extra gear all year long

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

it's a trap!

Quote Originally Posted by Inspirited View Post

simple, no?
    absolutely

this reminds me of the whole notion of "it's a trap game"

ummmm ... no such thing. why?

You can take either side.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

points accepted.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Try this angle. Your team got beat and you are looking for excuses because you made a dumb wager. How does that play? A two year old would have known that the ONLY play here was the under. You guys are the biggest collection of crybabies I have ever seen. Stop looking for excuses when you lose, which is often.

Cinquefoil
    Cinquefoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 59

I'm not one to defend Collinsworth and Michaels, but their point that the Jets were playing a two-deep and daring Peyton to run the ball the entire game makes a lot of sense (and, of course, when they went to the single safety look they got burned by Garcon). I'm inclined to think this is the case and not a grand NFL fix.

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

Quote Originally Posted by ebbearsfb1 View Post
    if sports werent fixed thered be no vegas
    no, if there were no vigorish, there would be no vegas. there's no need to fix games if you can balance the action on both sides of the line and collect 5% on the overall bets (10% of the losing side). think about - assuming there's no potential for a push, say with Jets +1' last night, vegas wins about 5% at kickoff, and if they set and move the lines properly, they do it on every game. usually, the simplest answer is the correct answer.

12 Last