BoS_010
    It's a marathon, not a sprint
    BoS_010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Team to Represent AFC not named New England

Obviously the Pats should be favored to make it to the Super Bowl, but there are many other quality teams out there in the AFC. And they all (minus INDY) are more than capable of running the ball and move the chains to help keep NE's offense off the field, who does not have a good D.

There's no clear cut fave to come out of the NFC (parody = I like) but it seems NE is the generous consensus by far to come out of the AFC. I would like to hear people's opinions on other teams they think can make it. I personally will be cheering for anyone outside of BALT, as I have a personal bet with a few Ravens fans.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

No team exists to represent the AFC not named New England.

They are on a different planet than everyone else right now. NFC is much more wide open with every team except Seattle having a fair chance. I am looking for an all wild card NFC Championship Game between the Packers and Saints myself.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19557

New Orleans vs. Baltimore in the Super Bowl.

dngf
    Update your status
    dngf's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 85260

I would like to see Pittsburgh get a chance for revenge in New England. The two highest seeded teams. NE won by 13 at Pitt, the week after loosing by 20 to Cleveland. So NE shows the heart of a champion by going on the road and beating up a good team. Hard not to imagine NE in the super bowl, but funnier things have happened.

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Balt has NE number. Blowout win last year in NE. They blew a big lead in NE earlier is year. If anybody can go into NE and win, it is the Ravens.

obamaismyuncle
    obamaismyuncle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Indy can. Indy is the only team who can go into New England and win, yes it's true. Indy had them on the ropes there earlier this year.

mr.kush
    mr.kush's Avatar Become A Pro!

balt, so long as that d doesn't tire (like the previous match-up) they can easily beat them.

mlb
    mlb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12779

I think the best chance other than the Pats would be the Ravens. They have beat them before in the playoffs so that means they are capable ... defense wins games and if they can pick up their defense they have a chance .. wouldnt bet it on tho

joe blow
    joe blow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 99

The new york JETS

Augustus
    Augustus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20

Ravens have no chance. They can not beat the Colts. Steelers or Colts have better chance.

KC
    KC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

I like the Chiefs +3 over Balty

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

new orleans with no colston, ivory or pierre thomas, hmmm

I like pitt and atlanta

Statman
    Statman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2673

Quote Originally Posted by dngf View Post
    I would like to see Pittsburgh get a chance for revenge in New England. The two highest seeded teams. NE won by 13 at Pitt, the week after loosing by 20 to Cleveland. So NE shows the heart of a champion by going on the road and beating up a good team. Hard not to imagine NE in the super bowl, but funnier things have happened.
    From a defense perspective, Pitt has been the most consistent and the earlier loss in the season to NE will serve them well for the rematch. I believe Troy Polamau did not play in that NE loss either so with him, it will certainly change things.

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have NE to win AFC and Super Bowl .

Betting against them would be wise now as I am in a drought.

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

Too old are the Ravens, though there is much talent in them.

Jets go to the SB, record matters not.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10440

cant see anyone beating new england , gl/

hhsilver
    hhsilver's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29922

Too much is made of one game's result . ie , NE beat Pitt easily, so they will beat them again. By that logic I guess NE is lucky the Browns didn't make the playoffs.

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

New England lost to CLEVELAND by three touchdowns, so to say there's no team except the Patriots who can go to the Super Bowl simply is idiotic.

SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

Ravens

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

The last time folks were so high on New England, David Tyree caught a pass with his helmet and they went 18-1. That was in most of our lifetimes.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by floridagolfer View Post
    New England lost to CLEVELAND by three touchdowns, so to say there's no team except the Patriots who can go to the Super Bowl simply is idiotic.
    No it's not idiotic at all. Not only have the Patriots not lost since the Cleveland game, but they have destroyed every team in their path except the Packers, who they don't have to worry about to reach the Super Bowl. The New England offense is unstoppable right now and I just don't see any AFC team coming within seven points of them.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    No it's not idiotic at all. Not only have the Patriots not lost since the Cleveland game, but they have destroyed every team in their path except the Packers, who they don't have to worry about to reach the Super Bowl. The New England offense is unstoppable right now and I just don't see any AFC team coming within seven points of them.

Guess you missed Peyton's 4 TDs and 467 yards of offense! Manning was the goat w/a late pick but Brady threw one right between the #s of an Indy LB right before that and he dropped it! New England doesn't get much of a rush and any good passing game could light them up on any given day! GB had a good defensive plan imo...blitz Brady up the middle and sit on Welker....not that everyone has GB's stud defenders on defense! Pitt is a bad matchup...260 pound LBs can't hang w/Welker, Whitehead, etc. on the short passes!

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Pitt will be tough

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Handicapable View Post
    Guess you missed Peyton's 4 TDs and 467 yards of offense! Manning was the goat w/a late pick but Brady threw one right between the #s of an Indy LB right before that and he dropped it! New England doesn't get much of a rush and any good passing game could light them up on any given day! GB had a good defensive plan imo...blitz Brady up the middle and sit on Welker....not that everyone has GB's stud defenders on defense! Pitt is a bad matchup...260 pound LBs can't hang w/Welker, Whitehead, etc. on the short passes!
    Colts have no chance vs. Pats without Collie though and they won;t even get a chance to face New England anyway. They won't beat both the Jets and the Steelers with Wayne as their only reliable receiver.

And not that it matters, but wasn't Colts/Pats early in the year?

LT Profits

OK just saw that Colts game was indeed after Cleveland game, Sorry.

So they only dominated five of last six opponents (and Steelers before Indy)

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    The last time folks were so high on New England, David Tyree caught a pass with his helmet and they went 18-1. That was in most of our lifetimes.
    fuk u lou. im from boston, y would u bring that up? asshole .

Theres no team right now that would beat pats a majority of the time, but it only takes one. Ravens got the best chance and is the only team that scares me.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by B1GER1C828 View Post
    fuk u lou. im from boston, y would u bring that up? asshole .

Theres no team right now that would beat pats a majority of the time, but it only takes one. Ravens got the best chance and is the only team that scares me.
    Ravens looked terrible at end of the year, offense was spotty at best vs. two crap teams (Browns, Bengals). They won't be able to score enough to keep up if they get that far. Heck, it's hardly a given that they win at KC.

saratoga1927
    saratoga1927's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ravens looked terrible at end of the year, offense was spotty at best vs. two crap teams (Browns, Bengals). They won't be able to score enough to keep up if they get that far. Heck, it's hardly a given that they win at KC.
    Even when they do score the Ravens have lots of trouble holding on to leads in the 4th quarter which they did numerous times this year.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by saratoga1927 View Post
    Even when they do score the Ravens have lots of trouble holding on to leads in the 4th quarter which they did numerous times this year.
    Yeah, they should have lost to Bengals. Thank God for Carson Palmer. (Had Balt. -2.5 in teaser)

Sildenafil
    Sildenafil's Avatar Become A Pro!

Colts have no chance vs. Pats without Collie though and they won;t even get a chance to face New England anyway. They won't beat both the Jets and the Steelers with Wayne as their only reliable receiver.

And not that it matters, but wasn't Colts/Pats early in the year?
    Collie left this year's game early in the 2nd quarter with recurrence of his concussion symptoms. Blair White stepped in for him and caught 5 balls for 42 yards and 2 TDs.

If the Colts do get a chance to face the Pats again, I think they have a good chance.

jetsjets1028
    jetsjets1028's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1363

anybody but kc hopefully jets! cmon jets!

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

Just bet all your money on NE futures, that will make them lose automatically.

KGB
    KGB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Jets can beat the Pats. Did it once already this year. Ryan will not let the team be embarrassed again.

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Quote Originally Posted by icancount2one View Post
    Too old are the Ravens, though there is much talent in them.

Jets go to the SB, record matters not.
    Makes no sense calling the Ravens defense old when the Jets look just as bad. Neither of these 2 teams will go to the SB the Pats are going PERIOD! However, I do think the Jets and Ravens make it through this weekend.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

If it comes down to Belechik & company vs Ben Rapelithberger & James "Thug #1" Harrison for the AFC Championship then I'm rooting for Al Qeida to plant a 747 into midfield!

12 Last