QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

The Post Office should be abolished. It sucks in tax dollars for services that could be done much more cheaply by private mail services.

All my bills are paid online. All my correspondence is through email. All my packages are delivered through UPS or FedEx. The Post Office has not delivered a relevant item to me for well over 6 years.

tofuman
    tofuman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 457

Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    I have a friend who gave his mailman $100 for Christmas. WTF? Is this normal? People give their mailman or mail lady money for Christmas? I have never heard of this.
    not common but i've heard of a few cases of this.. or ppl giving tips to their UPS guy

nyed1010
    nyed1010's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've never seen my mail man ever. But as for the gift for the mailman, my mom usually buys like a nice box of chocolates or some shit like that. I don't ever recall a monetary gift. But honestly, unless I was ever home when the mailman came and actually got to know the guy on a name to name basis(not in the way like I go out and get a beer with the guy or anything), I would never even consider giving the mailman a gift.

Richkas
    Richkas's Avatar Become A Pro!

My aunt and uncle does. But he's a corporate lawyer.

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

you're supposed to leave a scratch ticket for them in your mailbox but always forget. never see the mailman anyway as it is a common lobby mailbox and different carriers serve it.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

you got to be a fukkin jerkoff to tip a mailman

they are fukkin lazy and that is their fukkin job

Richkas
    Richkas's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    you got to be a fukkin jerkoff to tip a mailman

they are fukkin lazy and that is their fukkin job
    I agree coach. Just like these losers that enlist, then get sent to fight. They are not heroes. It's their phucking job. Shouldnt enlist if you dont want to fight. When a soldier dies its no different than any other man dying doing his job. Hero shit my ass.

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

Did any of you tip your bookie? What the hell is wrong with u guys tipping the fukin mailman, you can't make this shit up, yea thanks for delivering the mail for 20 bucks an hour, here's a couple hundred for your trouble, keep that junk mail and bills comin

Lockitup1x
    Lockitup1x's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    I have a friend who gave his mailman $100 for Christmas. WTF? Is this normal? People give their mailman or mail lady money for Christmas? I have never heard of this.
    No but I gave my garbage man 10$

thisisit
    thisisit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Always Always tip the mailman, when you get something that comes to your house or to the post office with an insufficient address they will make sure it gets to you, no tip, send it back fuc* cheap customer. i have had many a letter come to me with a completely wrong address, but my guy knew to take care of me since i took care of him.

Doug
    Doug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1298

Thisisit has a valid point. Tipping the carrier/ having a friendly relationship might get you a little extra service like that. I rarely receive anything important in the mail, though.

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Quote Originally Posted by ByeShea View Post
    Maybe you shouldn't be a cheap fvk at Christmas then.
    yeah guy.

robmpink
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by soxwin View Post
    letter carriers make about 50k a year, not exactly a kings ransom. Maybe if you live in the boonies that might get you by. If you live anywhere near a major city, where the cost of living is insane, you aren't living high on the hog on 50k

mail carriers make that and over where I live and I live in a valley. How could you say postal workers in major cities don't make more?

Depending on your life situation, a postal worker isn't a bad occupation, plus great benefits.
    Last edited by robmpink; 01-09-11 at 11:10 AM.

thisisit

Quote Originally Posted by robmpink View Post
    mail carriers make that and over where I live and I live in a valley. How could you say postal workers in major cities don't make more? Depending on your life situation, a postal worker isn't a bad occupation, plus great benefits.
    They don't get a higher cost of living unless they work in Alaska, or Hawaii. They all make the same everywhere from nyc to omaha

Chuck Sims
    Chuck Sims's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 860

Don't forget to tip the Wall-Mart greeters and people at the deli. $5 for each person should do it.

robmpink
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by thisisit View Post
    They don't get a higher cost of living unless they work in Alaska, or Hawaii. They all make the same everywhere from nyc to omaha
    If true, I stand corrected as I don't know. I was taking an educated guess that demographics would play a part in salary.

Doug

If true, I stand corrected as I don't know. I was taking an educated guess that demographics would play a part in salary.
    It's pretty much the same everywhere in the country with very few exceptions. the guy in Butt Crack, Tenn gets the same as the guy in Boston. Honolulu might get some extra. I doubt SF would.....just live in Oakland. Manhattan USPS workers probably just live in the Bronx, etc.

Puerto Rico gets the same pay. It's a very unfair system. I'm sure a cop, teacher,secretary, etc. makes way more in Boston than Miss....should be the same for USPS.

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

Gave mine 20.00...do it every year since he walks the mail to everybody's door in my town.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Innings View Post
    Gave mine 20.00...do it every year since he walks the mail to everybody's door in my town.
    Nice avatar.

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    Nice avatar.
    You like my package

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

I've seen bigger.

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11806

i have a mailwoman and she is a knockout. she comes to my door in shorts all the time. she loves to show off her body. do i tip her? hell yes.

thisisit

Quote Originally Posted by INVEGA MAN View Post
    i have a mailwoman and she is a knockout. she comes to my door in shorts all the time. she loves to show off her body. do i tip her? hell yes.
    Tip her? i would invite that fine piece of ass in for lunch

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Dad
    2011 Adult Entertainer of the Year
    Dad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

Thisisit, you mean for like a cokk sammich or something?

swaindexter
    swaindexter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4563

Nope...Sent him a card.......

SpreadSniper
    SpreadSniper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7261

I tip him.... gave mine 50 bucks this year. its been the same guy for years and he's a real nice fella.... Besides, 50 bux is **** all compared to the few thousand I tip the rude bitches behind the bars every year. This poor rooster_eater, rain sleep or snow delivers my mail with a smile on his face. I get all drunk and tip the bitches behind the bar $50-$200 in one ******* night - and Im the one who walks to the bar to get my drinks.... all she does is turn around, walk one step, and hand me a beer or mix a quick drink.

Doug

Rain, SLEEP, or snow ! I like it. A new USPS credo ?

robmpink
    Update your status

I was a mailman for one summer before entering college. I got the can because I lost the master key to the blue boxes and other violations. Another kid I worked with told me he would dump mail, mostly flats (magazines and such) down the storm drain. He told me he selectivly stole cards that looked like b-day cards. I think he went to Syracuse for college. Funny stuff though.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

If I tip them, will they stop putting flyers and crap coupons and anything to "Resident" in my mail? if so, I will definitely tip them

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

I was a mailman for one summer before entering college. I got the can because I lost the master key to the blue boxes and other violations. Another kid I worked with told me he would dump mail, mostly flats (magazines and such) down the storm drain. He told me he selectivly stole cards that looked like b-day cards. I think he went to Syracuse for college. Funny stuff though.
    The Feds might be talking to you soon

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Ok Ok. Next XMAS.

I will give the guy or gal, a tip on some winning picks for the NBA games on Christmas day.

robmpink
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    The Feds might be talking to you soon
    Yeah, I thought about that as well, but I didn't so anything but lose keys. This was in 1994.

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15313

fuk all government employees

they have raped tax payers with their massive retirement benefits and pensions

they should be giving us money

brokenlock
    Update your status
    brokenlock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

My parents always gave cookies or regifted things they got from work. My parents are cheap though. I don't give anything because I have one of those group mailboxes at the condo entrance and I never see the mailperson. Thought about doing it this year but I do most of my business online and with Fedex.

First 1234 Last