Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57529

That's brutal but how about this recent bad beat - The Under and Tennessee in that UNC/Tennessee bowl game. Remember - 20-17 Vols, NC kills the clock with 1 second left, and about 15 guys on the field. That was just as painful!

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

whats up with the overs lately

the overs are 10-3 yesterday and today

bet the unders tomorrow

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMushroom View Post
    whats up with the overs lately

the overs are 10-3 yesterday and today

bet the unders tomorrow
    Overs until they lose.

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

I was one of the people stung due to Durant being a dumbfuk but I got bailed out by another meaningless play in the Sac game.
    I had the over 221.5 in live betting and Sac -17 with the score being Sac 119 Den 102 I was thinking great another push and a loss on the total by the hook.. then with a second left they hoist up a pointless 3 pointer and I got the spread cover and the total (122-102).
    I don't believe in karma but stuff like this makes me wonder....

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

This league is a joke. Any of us who bet big money on these turkeys needs our heads examined.

You've got a guy who calls himself the King, a few others who think they're Jay-Z and sell 10 copies of their 'songs', Odom sticking his tongue down his horsey wife's throat on a reality show, Kobe doing a fashion shoot with that stupid scarf on his head, players bringing guns to the arena because they're pissed off over poker debts, etc. And now Durant hands the coach the ball during a game when even a 10 year old would know better than to do that. Oh - and the universally acknowledged greatest player of all-time thought he could be a baseball player and starred in a movie with Bugs freakin Bunny.

The smartest person in the whole league is that gimpy Luke Walton who somehow sucked the Lakers into giving him $30 million to sit on the bench and play with his hair.

I think the only thing saving the majority of this league from riding the short bus is the fact they are indeed too tall. Save your big bets for a sport where the people may at least have a few brain cells. These guys don't deserve it.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: LostBankroll, and CarpeDime

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

Definatly rigged. Refs told him 2 do that and new the guy would hit a 3. rigged.

Domestic

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    This league is a joke. Any of us who bet big money on these turkeys needs our heads examined. You've got a guy who calls himself the King, a few others who think they're Jay-Z and sell 10 copies of their 'songs', Odom sticking his tongue down his horsey wife's throat on a reality show, Kobe doing a fashion shoot with that stupid scarf on his head, players bringing guns to the arena because they're pissed off over poker debts, etc. And now Durant hands the coach the ball during a game when even a 10 year old would know better than to do that. Oh - and the universally acknowledged greatest player of all-time thought he could be a baseball player and starred in a movie with Bugs freakin Bunny. The smartest person in the whole league is that gimpy Luke Walton who somehow sucked the Lakers into giving him $30 million to sit on the bench and play with his hair. I think the only thing saving the majority of this league from riding the short bus is the fact they are indeed too tall. Save your big bets for a sport where the people may at least have a few brain cells. These guys don't deserve it.
    When you put it that way...

Powderguy
    Powderguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

What a joke!

Barkley was probably happy though

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Walton got 30 million? fuk me.

madrabbit
    madrabbit's Avatar Become A Pro!

so its rigged cos it goes over? what a ******* joke.

LostBankroll
    who is the bitch in my avy???
    LostBankroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

NBA is a joke. I would hate to have anything over 1k on an NBA game and watch it too. It changes every second and my brain and heart cannot take the ecitement of every basket or the sour taste in my mouth when I have the under and teams run up and down the court like in HS ball.

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by LostBankroll View Post
    NBA is a joke. I would hate to have anything over 1k on an NBA game and watch it too. It changes every second and my brain and heart cannot take the ecitement of every basket or the sour taste in my mouth when I have the under and teams run up and down the court like in HS ball.
    I just think these guys are too stupid for us to trust them with a lot of our cash. Down by 20? Let's foul 8 times in the last 2 minutes. Down by 4? Let's sit on the floor and let them run down the clock. Either the IQs of these guys are dropping each season or after almost 20 years of betting on this donkey league I've finally smartened up. And I'm up quite a bit this year and didn't even bet this game.

gryfyn1
    gryfyn1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    Wow, can anyone recall any bad beat quite that bad?
    Singletary's time out with 3 seconds left to kill the under on this game

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...1009260kan.htm

Domestic

Shari, what are you betting on these days? Tennis? Anything else? Need some sharp picks from you.

Statman
    Statman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2709

Never seen a strange ending to a game total like that before....

jayc88
    Update your status
    jayc88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1151

i just watched the replay and i dont think it was a bad beat at all
    dallas missed two layups with 24 seconds left to put the game over the total and there would also be plenty of teams who would have sent durant to the line with 20 or so seconds left down 7 before he turned the ball over.

BetterBizness
    My chicks!
    BetterBizness's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7638

Quote Originally Posted by jayc88 View Post
    i just watched the replay and i dont think it was a bad beat at all
    dallas missed two layups with 24 seconds left to put the game over the total and there would also be plenty of teams who would have sent durant to the line with 20 or so seconds left down 7 before he turned the ball over.
    Right... but aside from stupid logic that is based on the same principles that If my aunt had a mustache...

The game was in the FN BOOKS... what part of that is hard to understand... forget the pace.. the missed layups, and everything... IT WAS BOOK!

That's what makes these beats harder to swallow for those trying to make us, on the wrong side "feel better"... However you cap a game, whatever the "right" side is... when you are on the WINNING end of a game that is about to go BOOK... and some act... particularly a ridiculous move by a player, or coach, that goes OUT OF THE NORM of strategy.. You are completely floored...

If Dallas hits the layup, fouls Durant and hits 2... I'm angry for about a minute... maybe 90 seconds... part of "bad" capping etc... move on... Sac Evens launches the miracle half court shot... WOW.. Tough loss if you had Mem ML... shit happens... move on... GREAT shot..

DONKEY HANDING THE BALL OFF TO THE OPPOSING COACH causing a turnover... and then to top it off, Mavs NOT taking a layup, and HITTING a three...

Did I mention somewhere the game was BOOK...

t-bone
    t-bone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1871

never bet on thurs. tnt games, they are all a heart attack with zero edge in capping them

Nicky Santoro
    Nicky Santoro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9461

also, i am surprised no one mentioned this. Did anyone see the actual 3 pointer live or on tv?? i didn't.. did you notice they never showed it.. we just heard a cheer.. could it have been maybe that there was never a shot taken and that sound we heard from the fans was a tape? maybe there was a fix and Durant, NBA and TNT were all in it, so Durant gives the ball, and TNT fake a 3 pointer..

we will never know if there was ever a shot at the end cause no one saw it..

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

lol im sure youre probably joking but there were people at the game.

jizay
    Update your status
    jizay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Everyone is going on about Durant's stupidity, but watch the replay. Carlisle stepped onto the court with the clock running and literally stood in Durant's way and asked him to stop there. Then, he physically touched him and asked for the ball for several seconds. It doesn't matter to the game outcome, and I'm not saying that the betting outcome was on their mind, but certainly this is the wrong ruling by the refs. You can't award Dallas the ball; you should be hitting them with a tech.

SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

had the over....good to get lucky after getting fukked by Ray Allen's 2 missed free throws the night earlier

jizay
    Update your status
    jizay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

I'll take it one farther. Hope we're allowed to post video here:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/bal...urn=nba-304632

Durant simply held the ball up to Carlisle. You can quite clearly see that Carlisle grabs it from his hand! Isn't that coach interference? Just bizarre and incorrect to award Dallas the ball.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

This league is a joke. Any of us who bet big money on these turkeys needs our heads examined.

You've got a guy who calls himself the King, a few others who think they're Jay-Z and sell 10 copies of their 'songs', Odom sticking his tongue down his horsey wife's throat on a reality show, Kobe doing a fashion shoot with that stupid scarf on his head, players bringing guns to the arena because they're pissed off over poker debts, etc. And now Durant hands the coach the ball during a game when even a 10 year old would know better than to do that. Oh - and the universally acknowledged greatest player of all-time thought he could be a baseball player and starred in a movie with Bugs freakin Bunny.

The smartest person in the whole league is that gimpy Luke Walton who somehow sucked the Lakers into giving him $30 million to sit on the bench and play with his hair.

I think the only thing saving the majority of this league from riding the short bus is the fact they are indeed too tall. Save your big bets for a sport where the people may at least have a few brain cells. These guys don't deserve it.
    You get my vote for that SBR writing gig.

NBA may be harder to understand than other sports; but not harder to beat (once it is better understood). If there is a time for the general public to stay away, it would be between X-mas and the All Star Break; the 'long midseason stretch' for a season that all players know is far too long. Once contenders have figured out who they are, they'll want to preserve energy for the home stretch and playoffs. Nobody can peak a full season. Nobody cares about the number one spot for the playoffs anymore either.

The_Kid
    The_Kid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1930

After watching the replay, Carlisle was on the court AND he grabbed the ball from Durant. Wouldn't that be a technical foul on him then?

Durant just held out his hand with the ball, but you can clearly see that Carlisle literally snatches the ball away from Durant.

My thinking is the refs screwed this one up.

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by The_Kid View Post
    After watching the replay, Carlisle was on the court AND he grabbed the ball from Durant. Wouldn't that be a technical foul on him then? Durant just held out his hand with the ball, but you can clearly see that Carlisle literally snatches the ball away from Durant. My thinking is the refs screwed this one up.
    Fair enough. But then explain this. Either he's a liar or he's a nitwit. Either way not worth trusting to double up your hard-earned cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky Santoro View Post
    did you hear his excuse after the game?? he said he wanted to be funny.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Obama and Kobe having a conversation about a month ago when D Rose played well against the Lakers:

Obama: "Looks like Derick Rose may have your number"

Kobe: "If he calls that number, I'll make sure to pick up after the 5th ring"

Kobe is a pretty witty guy Shari regardless of what you think. There are a lot of things he can be successful at besides pro sports.

Grind House
    Grind House's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3857

The NBA is the most rigged of em all.

The_Kid
    The_Kid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1930

Fair enough. But then explain this. Either he's a liar or he's a nitwit. Either way not worth trusting to double up your hard-earned cash.
    Sorry, but I can't explain that. The entire situation was just really bizarre.

First 12