sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

Anyone have this happen, or hear of it happening?

This morning I was going through the drive-thru at Tim Hortons, placed my order, when I got to the window the cashier told me it was paid for. I'm like huh! She said the woman in the car in front of me told her it was her turn to pay for the person behind. Someone must have paid her bill the same way. So does this create a chain of paying for the car behind you? I've never heard of this....

OmgUrMom
    OmgUrMom's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol that is funny. maybe she just meant it was the nice thing she was doing today

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sounds like the plot for a sequel to "Pay it Forward".

OmgUrMom
    OmgUrMom's Avatar Become A Pro!

u going to continue it?

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Sounds like the plot for a sequel to "Pay it Forward".

thought the same thing

jagaf22
    jagaf22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 28

phuck no the cheapskate sickler didn't keep it going.

bobbyfk
    Las Vegas Local
    bobbyfk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

paying it forward...that was nice of them!

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11965

i would hate to be in front of a car full of fatties.

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

One time this really really nice brand new Mercedes in front of me paid for my bridge toll.

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyburrito View Post
    i would hate to be in front of a car full of fatties.
    You have to ask how much first. ;-) Also, isn't it awkward if you are still right in front of the person you paid for, waiting for your food?

saints7011
    saints7011's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1898

lucky I wasn't workin the window , I would've pocketed your money...

sickler
    Facade 101

LOL at "Pay it Forward"

I only ordered a coffee, don't know if she asked how much my bill was.

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

i do it all the time

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

no tim hortons where i live

sickler
    Facade 101

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    no tim hortons where i live
    Yeah but maybe this isn't just Tim Hortons.......maybe it's for ALL drive-thrus.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

I was asked once to pay for the car in front of me who sped and left without paying but never someone in front of me paid for my meal at a drive-thru. It must be a Canadian thing sickler. Here in Atlanta nothing is free.

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

It's never happened to me...but I've done it before when I was in college. I was at the drive-thru at a Dunkin Donuts and the girl in the car behind me was smoking hot and I knew she lived a few streets over from me...so I gave the lady more than enough to cover her coffee/food on the way to class. Couple weeks later, she saw me getting into my car leaving campus and she came a said thank you. Never banged her, but we became pretty good friends. Still trying though...

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

It's somewhat common. And it is the whole random acts of kindness, pay it forward thing. There are a ton of websites dedicated to this stuff.

People pay for drive thru orders, tolls, put money in someone's parking meter when it's about to expire, pay for the next person's car wash, etc.

When I was living in Florida my ex and I gave the toll woman $50 on NYE day to pay for tolls. It's a pretty good feeling especially when you know some people have to blow through the toll and cop a fine because they're missing something silly like a dime.

sickler
    Facade 101

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    It's never happened to me...but I've done it before when I was in college. I was at the drive-thru at a Dunkin Donuts and the girl in the car behind me was smoking hot and I knew she lived a few streets over from me...so I gave the lady more than enough to cover her coffee/food on the way to class. Couple weeks later, she saw me getting into my car leaving campus and she came a said thank you. Never banged her, but we became pretty good friends. Still trying though...
    Doubt that was the case with me. The woman in front was going to pay for whoever was behind her this morning. I was in the right place at the right time. $1.52 saved. I wonder though if she did ask what my bill was. Could've ordered breakfast meals for six people waiting back at the office.

JimmysEgo
    JimmysEgo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

someone paid for my toll, i think i was "supposed" to pay for the person behind me to keep it going. but i decided not to. because i'm sure the toll booth operators have better things to do than to keep explaining to people that "the previous person just paid for you." that's too much strain to put on them.

i never got my food paid for. how do they even know what you ordered or how much it would cost? i could have ordered a soda, or i could have ordered 10 big macs. oh, i just realized that they can just ask the cashier how much the car behind them owes. but now that i think about it, wouldn't that be private information? i don't want the cashier telling just anybody how much i spend at a fast food joint.

sickler
    Facade 101

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    It's somewhat common. And it is the whole random acts of kindness, pay it forward thing. There are a ton of websites dedicated to this stuff.

People pay for drive thru orders, tolls, put money in someone's parking meter when it's about to expire, pay for the next person's car wash, etc.

When I was living in Florida my ex and I gave the toll woman $50 on NYE day to pay for tolls. It's a pretty good feeling especially when you know some people have to blow through the toll and cop a fine because they're missing something silly like a dime.

There, at least someone knows of this. It does feel good to help a stranger. I don't like giving money to bums because they'll blow it on booze or drugs but to hand them something to eat or a cup of coffee.

Flexin
    Flexin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 51

My wife said she was in the drive thru for Tim Horton's and she thought she cut someone off getting in the line up. So she paid for the guys coffee. She said she has done it before if she seen someone she knew in the car behind her a couple of times.

James

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by sickler View Post
    LOL at "Pay it Forward"

I only ordered a coffee, don't know if she asked how much my bill was.
    yeah, thats a very nice thing. You can do it sometime in the next day or two next time you go through the drive thru, just make sure & ask how much their bill is.

sickler
    Facade 101

Quote Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
    My wife said she was in the drive thru for Tim Horton's and she thought she cut someone off getting in the line up. So she paid for the guys coffee. She said she has done it before if she seen someone she knew in the car behind her a couple of times.

James
    That makes a lot of sense, these drive-thrus have cars coming in two, sometimes three directions.

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

There, at least someone knows of this. It does feel good to help a stranger. I don't like giving money to bums because they'll blow it on booze or drugs but to hand them something to eat or a cup of coffee.
    I am far from a bum but I would still blow any money you gave me on booze or drugs

Flexin

Quote Originally Posted by JimmysEgo View Post
    someone paid for my toll, i think i was "supposed" to pay for the person behind me to keep it going. but i decided not to. because i'm sure the toll booth operators have better things to do than to keep explaining to people that "the previous person just paid for you." that's too much strain to put on them. i never got my food paid for. how do they even know what you ordered or how much it would cost? i could have ordered a soda, or i could have ordered 10 big macs. oh, i just realized that they can just ask the cashier how much the car behind them owes. but now that i think about it, wouldn't that be private information? i don't want the cashier telling just anybody how much i spend at a fast food joint.
    If your at the drive thru the person behind you is ordering or has already ordered depended on the distance between the mic and the pay window so it wouldn't be that hard to find out how much they owe.

You don't want someone to know what you get for fast food? Are you joking? You just yelled it out your window, sometimes two or three times because of the poor mic/setups. Everyone within 20-30ft heard what you ordered. If they didn't they could have heard them repeat your order. There is no fast food privacy act that I know of.

James

JimmysEgo
    JimmysEgo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

every time i go through the drive thru from now on, i'm going to ask the cashier how much the person behind me ordered, whatever they say i'm just going to say, "thanks." and drive off.

Flexin

That makes a lot of sense, these drive-thrus have cars coming in two, sometimes three directions.
    This one has one lane, one entrance, two directions you can come from.

James

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Ive done it on tolls.

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8365

Be very very careful it sounds like a ponzi scheme (not sure on spelling) to me !!

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JimmysEgo View Post
    every time i go through the drive thru from now on, i'm going to ask the cashier how much the person behind me ordered, whatever they say i'm just going to say, "thanks." and drive off.
    LOL

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jackpot269 View Post
    Be very very careful it sounds like a ponzi scheme (not sure on spelling) to me !!

pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1634

putting money in someone else's parking meter is against the law. there is an episode on jackass where johnny knoxville dress up as meter fairy

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

It's funny you should mention Tim Horton's because the same thing happened to me at a Tim Horton's in B.C. Maybe it's a Tim Horton's kind of thing.

sickler
    Facade 101

Quote Originally Posted by THE PROFIT View Post
    I am far from a bum but I would still blow any money you gave me on booze or drugs
    Jeez, I've given you plenty of betpoints, Profit.

*checkin' the store to see if JD is available*

12 Last