49erFan8280
    49erFan8280's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 950

Him backing out on his word will hurt his stock.

wookieehumper
    wookieehumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Hes coming back. Dude won't even get drafted If he left now. His passing flat out sucks, he would be an INT machine if he were to ever start

Don Giovanni
    Don Giovanni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Anyone thinking about Pryor not being drafted high when he comes out ... two words, Vince Young. Young couldn't hit the broad side of a barn passing-wise when he came out of UT. I think Pryor is ahead of Young as a passer when Young came out. Young's stats from his last year and Pryor's from this past year are very similar. Young parlayed a huge Rose Bowl into a high draft pick. Pryor has had two solid "big games" in bowl games now .... I agree he shouldn't come out, but he'll be one of the top QBs picked based on athleticism alone.
    Young is on his way out in Tennessee; Bud Adams is choosing his proven coach over the QB he previously annointed as the franchise...

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by wookieehumper View Post
    Hes coming back. Dude won't even get drafted If he left now. His passing flat out sucks, he would be an INT machine if he were to ever start
    If comes out, I'll take every cent you have in your bank account. Undrafted? That's just hate. NFL drafts on potential and I don't fancy Pryor as the next coming or anything ... but he'd at worst be drafted in the first 4 rounds based on potential.

jackmyhoggoff
    jackmyhoggoff's Avatar Become A Pro!

MONEY talks and BULL$HIT walks !! HE'S outta here!! B$ TO let THEM PLAY , all about ratings and the ruin of all $$$$ !

DIRTYDIRTY
    DIRTYDIRTY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

maybe so but will he be any good mike vick will be a hall of famer !!!!!

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

mike vick will need about 7 more seasons of this kind of play to even sniff the HOF

AMBlai01
    SBR Resident Drunk
    AMBlai01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2152

He is projected as a late 2nd round or early 3rd round pick...so all this talk about him not being drafted is crap. He will be drafted as a QB and will get a small chance to do that (which won't work out) and then he will be moved to another position based on his athletic ability. There is no denying that he is a freak athlete but he has to be willing to play another position other than QB and make that clear.....that will raise his stock considerably.

masr
    masr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5933

Pryor will never make it in the NFL

Superman455
    Drinkin ANOTHER Beer...
    Superman455's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree..I dont think he will ever be a first rate QB in the pros

hockeyhy
    [color=rgb(0, 255, 255)][Too Long][/color]
    hockeyhy's Avatar Become A Pro!

He might get drafted, now if he will actually amount to anything is probably unlikely

gryfyn1
    gryfyn1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

On Tressel's comment: he has to say that, he can't say. "You know, Pryon isn't ready, he has to come back and he can't make it in the NFL right now"

He has to say that because after Pryor's performance's in the big games it makes it plausible that some one will take him on his potential.

Its important because odds are Pryor's decision will come down to who has his ear,

Some one can convince him that he has to come out now -- the NFL will implement a rookie wage scale, they will quote the extreme lows (it has been mention that number one picks could get 5 year 25 mil deals), he will be told he is looking at the type of deal Tebow got (5 year 34 Mil) in two years that money wont be there.

Tressel needs to keep Pryor on his side, tell him he needs to be back, another year of development will show the NFL how his progression is and solidify his 1st round status, If he leaves now the deep QB draft this year he could easily slip to the 2nd or 3rd round and see a deal deal with minimal guaranteed money.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

4 of them are starters. I wouldnt be suprised if more than 1 leaves. I agree its horseshit that they were allowed to pull this off.
    here is a pretty good read on the whole situationhttp://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...dw-pryor010311

Memphis Mauler
    Memphis Mauler's Avatar Become A Pro!

Who really cares about pryor he is a weak over rated big ten qb.. My guess late 3rd as a reciever. terrell pryor is a piece of shit that was over hype due to the east coast biasis called espn and all their big ten loving asses.

HilltopTony
    HilltopTony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Pryor might not make it in the NFL (as a QB) due to lack of intelligence. The guy is dumb! He is a great athlete, but at the next level everyone is a great athlete. He won't be able to figure out Pro defensive schemes quick enough to audible out and his athleticism will only take him so far.

sportsfun
    sportsfun's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5175

with new nfl salary issues , might make sense to go pro lick Luck might.

EaglesPhan36

Quote Originally Posted by gryfyn1 View Post
    On Tressel's comment: he has to say that, he can't say. "You know, Pryon isn't ready, he has to come back and he can't make it in the NFL right now"
    My point was that it was an unsolicited comment about his future. They asked him what he thought about Pryor's performance and the first thing he said was "he'll be good at the next level" or something like that. Not usually the first words out of a coaches mouth about an underclassman QB. Usually it'd be "he played great" or whatever. Just my two cents on what I heard.

venice2222
    venice2222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2354

Of course he is going to the NFL. I dont care what they told their coach.

soli
    soli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22124

The money won't be any different if he waits, so he should go ahead and get what he can today

saratoga1927
    saratoga1927's Avatar Become A Pro!

Maybe he can't throw tight spirals now but he is a winner and a lot like Tebow in that regard. Tebow who by the way will be a very good NFL quarterback (a winning QB) to the contrary of what so many scouts and numbskulls around the country couldn't stop spouting off about. Winning is what it's all about in pro sports. Looking good??? Maybe it'll get you laid more but looking good won't win games.

cloudagh
    cloudagh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

should never have been in the bowl game. he will be drafted in first 3 rounds if he comes out now.

thisisit
    thisisit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

He floats the ball all the time on deep passes, just like Jacory Harris in Miami, he will never be a good qb

EaglesPhan36

I will take my props by default. Did not declare for the draft, but still ... I am tooting my own horn. Toot fukkin toot.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: HoulihansTX

Jimmy0607
    Jimmy0607's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 285

U said it EP

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

You called it. You deserve your props. Prior took the chicken s**t way out. When Tressel left, it became obvious that Pryor would do the same. What I love is the fact that the dumb cheating SOB will not get a penny from the NFL in signing bonuses.

AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8856

I hope the NFL trains him as a wr so he could get blasted going over the middle

WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Bronze star to you sir.

Nice call.

First 12