notsosharp
    notsosharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Who is more nfl ready Mallet or Pryor?

I think the anwer to this question could goa long way in who wins this game. I think mallet steps and shows he is ready.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree. I think Mallet is the better fit for any NFL team. He is a passer, all depends on how he does reading defenses. But the fuckkin kid has a cannon, and mix him up with a couple decent NFL receivers, he could be a solid starting QB for one of those scrub teams that need a QB.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

is this a joke? T pryor looks like an NFL QB to you?

AMBlai01
    SBR Resident Drunk
    AMBlai01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2152

This is a no brainer...It is Mallet by a lot.

I might be in the minority but I think Mallet is going to be a big time NFL QB. He could be a steal in the 2nd round. He has a huge arm and is 6'7. He makes throws that not many NCAA QBs could even consider having.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Pryor is worse than Troy Smith and Troy Smith didn't make it in the NFL.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

Quote Originally Posted by AMBlai01 View Post
    This is a no brainer...It is Mallet by a lot. I might be in the minority but I think Mallet is going to be a big time NFL QB. He could be a steal in the 2nd round. He has a huge arm and is 6'7. He makes throws that not many NCAA QBs could even consider having.

We'll just have to see how he reads an NFL defense. But I think he would easily be top 3 QB's taken? Wouldn't that likely be first round?

Carolina
    Arizona
    Tennessee (depending on Vince Young) ((Kerry Collins isn't gonna last much longer))
    Oakland possibly - They have some speed receivers, could use a big arm to sling it down to them.

I could see the top 2 possibly 3 easily taking a QB first round.

Landscaper
    Banned
    Landscaper's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ya no way in hell Pryor will be an NFL qb

AMBlai01
    SBR Resident Drunk

Quote Originally Posted by ngates815 View Post

We'll just have to see how he reads an NFL defense. But I think he would easily be top 3 QB's taken? Wouldn't that likely be first round?

Carolina
    Arizona
    Tennessee (depending on Vince Young) ((Kerry Collins isn't gonna last much longer))
    Oakland possibly - They have some speed receivers, could use a big arm to sling it down to them.

I could see the top 2 possibly 3 easily taking a QB first round.
    Yeah I guess he could go in the 1st round, it also depends on the shuffling of QBs around the league as well. You know that McNabb will be taking one of the jobs.....Arizona makes the most sense but don't count out the 49ers as well.

You also forgot to mention the Seahawks...and Vikings both could use a QB in a bad way.

We know that Luck is most likely coming out and going 1..I think the next QB off the board will be Cam newton (someone will take him WAY too early). Then I would go with that TCU kid... Dalton. Then you have a group of 3 in which are probably going to go off the board depending on how a particular team feels about each player...those include Moore (Boise St.), Mallet and Locker (Washington). I personally wouldn't touch Locker but some people are high on him.

tmorton
    tmorton's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pryor is going to be another Troy Smith... He will never be a starter unless starter goes down!

gimme2dollars
    gimme2dollars's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pryor. Richard Pryor has a better chance at being an NFL QB.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Neither. Mallett is a poor man's Drew Bledsoe and Pryor is a welfare Troy Smith.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Yeah, this is a no-brainer...

Mallet by a mile...he's played in a pro-style offense. Knows how to read defenses.

Pryor hasn't played in a pro-style offense, doesn't know how to read defenses...

Are we really having this discussion???
    Last edited by Doc JS; 01-04-11 at 10:31 AM.

Resler
    Resler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Pryor......psyche. mallet of course.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

Yeah I guess he could go in the 1st round, it also depends on the shuffling of QBs around the league as well. You know that McNabb will be taking one of the jobs.....Arizona makes the most sense but don't count out the 49ers as well. You also forgot to mention the Seahawks...and Vikings both could use a QB in a bad way. We know that Luck is most likely coming out and going 1..I think the next QB off the board will be Cam newton (someone will take him WAY too early). Then I would go with that TCU kid... Dalton. Then you have a group of 3 in which are probably going to go off the board depending on how a particular team feels about each player...those include Moore (Boise St.), Mallet and Locker (Washington). I personally wouldn't touch Locker but some people are high on him.
    Yea McNabb will either go somewhere, or Washington may be able to trade Grossman for a pick since he did "decent" with those final 2 games.

Also just read that Denver is looking to ship Orton for a 2nd round pick, apparently they want to go forward with Tebow.

But I can see Mallets stock rising big time if he drops 350+ on a solid Ohio St Defense.

sonyman
    sonyman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

FWIW-Pryor is being talked about as TE at the NFL level by Mel Kiper.

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!
    FrozenMAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4112

mallet with ease, pryor will not be a QB in the nfl, he will be a brad smith wannabe on the jets handling returns and catching passes but with that occasional throwing a pass

RollPlayer
    RollPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!

Right now most scouts have Mallet as the number 4 QB behind Luck, Gabbert, and Locker. Late first/ early second round pick. Pryor...not so much

Doc JS

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Neither. Mallett is a poor man's Drew Bledsoe and Pryor is a welfare Troy Smith.
    Certainly disagree about Mallet.

If he has as good a career as Bledsoe, he will have done pretty well..

14 year career
    194 games
    251 TD's
    44,000 yards

HOF, No...but a solid NFL career.

There a whole bunch of QB's who would like to have trhose career stats...

Doc

freelee
    Update your status
    freelee's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 466

Mallet and it's not even close pryor isn't a quarterback at the next level i don't even see him getting drafted unless he changes positions

AMBlai01
    SBR Resident Drunk

Quote Originally Posted by RollPlayer View Post
    Right now most scouts have Mallet as the number 4 QB behind Luck, Gabbert, and Locker. Late first/ early second round pick. Pryor...not so much
    Gabbert getting that much love lately? Man...i just don't see it. He is in a system in which almost any QB will look good....can't see him panning out in the NFL.

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

notsosharp is right

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

Gabbert getting that much love lately? Man...i just don't see it. He is in a system in which almost any QB will look good....can't see him panning out in the NFL.
    He's good. But cost me around a grand against Iowa...Couldn't believe that Gabbart didn't just pick them apart all game and put up 40 points.

Fuckk him.

RollPlayer
    RollPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!

I really dislike Gabbert as a prospect too but he is 6'5 and has put up some pretty good stats over the past few years. His decision-making needs a lot of work though in my opinion. I wouldn't touch him before the 3rd round but im not a GM

walshy83
    walshy83's Avatar Become A Pro!

Who the hell would even take the time to make this a thread, wow. Mallet is head n shoulders above that Ohio St over hyped QB Pryor. I can remember when he was being recruited he was second coming to God as far as a college QB. To me hes been nothing but extremely over hyped. Mallet will have a successful career in the league I feel.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Would not be shocked to see Pryor outplay Mallet in thus game. As for the NFL Mallet is more ready.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Would not be shocked to see Pryor outplay Mallet in this game. As for the NFL Mallet is more ready.

Doc JS

Quote Originally Posted by walshy83 View Post
    I can remember when he was being recruited he was second coming to God as far as a college QB. To me hes been nothing but extremely over hyped.
    Well...he's won a Rose Bowl and he's in the Sugar Bowl this year. So, he has had some success at the college level..but for someone who was supposed to be "all that and a bag of chips" and win a couple of Heisman's, it hasn't happened...

Doc

riggs
    riggs's Avatar Become A Pro!

Next to Andrew Luck, Ryan Mallet is the best QB in CFB without question.

Tyrell Pryor will never see an NFL field as a QB.

Jericholic
    The Ayatollah of Rock 'N Rolla
    Jericholic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8286

I think Mallett will be the better pro QB, but I don't know if that will have much of a bearing on the game tonight.

pokerpro44
    Update your status
    pokerpro44's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 966

i say mallet and its not close.

3PtShooter
    3PtShooter's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16173

Pryor might want to bulk up and become a tight end

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Mallet

Pryor will be a typical black qb that cannot win

tdog152
    tdog152's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

mallet in a landslide

Money
    Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2339

mallet 1000x time more. pryor might be a good wr

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    This was a funny post.

12 Last