jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Warning: NO ONE BET WITH ANOTHER POSTER

We have confirmed there are a few posters looking to sign up posters with credit packages

These posters are known stiffs and you will end up getting screwed

You will be promised things that seem soooooooooo good

Only play with SBR BOOKS

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

you started a thread like this two months ago

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Soprano is back at it.

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

Name the posters doing this or STFU

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

I concur with sickler. Name them if you have evidence.

THEGREAT30
    A man in need is a man exposed
    THEGREAT30's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by sickler View Post
    Name the posters doing this or STFU
    There really should be no or with this guy, the world would be better if he just STFU

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Lots of posters are betting with each other and some are being stiffed. One of them is very ashamed to admit this to the rest of the forum. JJ and I talked about it today and we are shocked at the #s that are involved. Just be careful and you need to have your head checked if your betting with a person you met on a sports betting forum.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11869

Quote Originally Posted by flyingillini View Post
    Lots of posters are betting with each other and some are being stiffed. One of them is very ashamed to admit this to the rest of the forum. JJ and I talked about it today and we are shocked at the #s that are involved. Just be careful and you need to have your head checked if your betting with a person you met on a sports betting forum.
    amen, illini.

why would anyone want to bet with a complete stranger???

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyburrito View Post
    amen, illini.

why would anyone want to bet with a complete stranger???

Exactly

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10214

Is it okay with JJ Pobah if one
    bets with oneself....
    Something he should be acquainted with.!
    Points Awarded:

joe_shmoe gave 19th Hole 32 SBR Point(s) for this post.

zam77
    zam77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 687

It's crazy to think that people take points that seriously on here. Just puts it into perspective that there are a lot of desperate people on here.

Hotdiggity11
    Hotdiggity11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 135

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    you started a thread like this two months ago

He usually starts one every few months. Has for the past 2-3 years lol.

flyingillini

Quote Originally Posted by zam77 View Post
    It's crazy to think that people take points that seriously on here. Just puts it into perspective that there are a lot of desperate people on here.
    Not talking about points. There is serious activity going on right now with a few people. Guys are betting with each other and some in the 4 digits and are being stiffed. Of course they are probably getting an SSI check because something has to be wrong with them in the first place.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Good warning again but unless SBR turns off PMs and Chat, and is vigilant about removing email addresses from posts and any other contact info ie Twitter, which the Mods aren't, then it's just going to keep happening.

There is at least one guy on here that has just been stiffed for a decent amount of money and at least two who owe large chunks to the same person. At this point though, I don't feel sorry for anyone anymore. I've given advice on this crap over and over and have even listened to one person bawl their eyes out but yet they keep doing it. Degenerates don't listen and think they know it all so there's no point even caring. Just pat yourself on the back if you're smart enough not to get involved with such stupid nonsense because apparently quite a few people on here simply aren't.
    Points Awarded:

sickler gave shari91 10 SBR Point(s) for this post.

sickler gave shari91 10 SBR Point(s) for this post.

JimmysEgo
    JimmysEgo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

anyone want to be on something with me?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Illini do not release names as it will make worse.

Anyone getting approached notify mods immediately.

makaveli66
    makaveli66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

BurtRapp stiffed me for $750.

flyingillini

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

I am not going to mention the names JJ. I am shocked at the number of people involved and the #s that are involved. What the hell is wrong with some people? Shot takers are all these guys are....Two poor guys on here paid a nice sum of money as well when they lost and they got stiffed.

zam77
    zam77's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by flyingillini View Post
    Not talking about points. There is serious activity going on right now with a few people. Guys are betting with each other and some in the 4 digits and are being stiffed. Of course they are probably getting an SSI check because something has to be wrong with them in the first place.
    I see. Thanks for the further explanation...

Hotdiggity11
    Hotdiggity11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 135

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Good warning again but unless SBR turns off PMs and Chat, and is vigilant about removing email addresses from posts and any other contact info ie Twitter, which the Mods aren't, then it's just going to keep happening.

There is at least one guy on here that has just been stiffed for a decent amount of money and at least two who owe large chunks to the same person. At this point though, I don't feel sorry for anyone anymore. I've given advice on this crap over and over and have even listened to one person bawl their eyes out but yet they keep doing it. Degenerates don't listen and think they know it all so there's no point even caring. Just pat yourself on the back if you're smart enough not to get involved with such stupid nonsense because apparently quite a few people on here simply aren't.

Rule 1 of the Internet: Never trust an online stranger with your money unless you are completely comfortable with the high risk of losing it.

makaveli66

Why are people afraid of saying names? Fyckin pussies here, for real. Say something if u know something don't just type on this thread about how u don't want to say names like a bitch.

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post

Solid post

minet123
    Is JJ a Higher Power ?
    minet123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3753

If you place a wager with someone you meet on an online sports forum
    you are a moron

zam77
    zam77's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

If Illini is going to release anything... I'm pretty sure it won't be names

flyingillini

If Illini is going to release anything... I'm pretty sure it won't be names
    HaHa, very funny! I know the situation that is going on and JJ and I are just here to warn people about this. I was asked not to mention names and I won't it's not my place to. JJ, Christ is with you.

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Zam,

Head over to the points forum for a little bit. I do every once in a while to get a good laugh. It will leave you with an erie feeling. There are a lot of people who NEED betpoints, like an alcoholic needs booze. It's actually quite frightening. I have a feeling in 10 years we will find out that the whole points thing is actually a gambling study, and we are all test subjects.

makaveli66

Everyone will stay silent now. Make sure not to give any information out on these stiffs. Yea, it's nobody's place to do nothing.. We're all behind fyckin computers so just ssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Al Masters
    Al Masters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11516

I see. Thanks for the further explanation...
    No need to thank him,this is just a little online skit that JJ does every now and then,flyer is like a supporting actor in the play.

like a cheech and chong skit, would you thank chong for giving you advice on how to not smoke weed.

In the history of forums Gold has bet with more posters then all here.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: obamaismyuncle, OmgUrMom, and capitalist pig

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party

Quote Originally Posted by Al Masters View Post
    No need to thank him,this is just a little online skit that JJ does every now and then,flyer is like a supporting actor in the play.

like a cheech and chong skit, would you thank chong for giving you advice on how to not smoke weed.

unreal

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by makaveli66 View Post
    Everyone will stay silent now. Make sure not to give any information out on these stiffs. Yea, it's nobody's place to do nothing.. We're all behind fyckin computers so just ssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    If I was the person involved, then I would post the names. Or maybe I wouldn't because I'd be embarrassed for being so damn naive when there are warnings on here all the time, both by SBR and fellow posters.

But in this case I'm not opening my yap and breaking the trust other people have placed in me when they confided in me. Not my style and it's definitely not my job. I was merely warning others that this is going on today despite the precautions SBR may take.

I am sorry you got stiffed though. I never like to see anyone losing money like this - whether you're the bettor or a legit bookie.

zam77
    zam77's Avatar SBR PRO

I don't really see it this way... I'm newer here and I'm not saying I would ever bet money with anyone on here, but this thread is important for those who may be consider it. Why wouldn't I be thankful for the heads up?

Al Masters

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyburrito View Post
    unreal

This from the guy who told a poster in Montreal to put away his Montreal weed and come to Virginia and get the real good stuff.

obamaismyuncle
    obamaismyuncle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Al is 100% correct here, it's all story lines

Al Masters

I don't really see it this way... I'm newer here and I'm not saying I would ever bet money with anyone on here, but this thread is important for those who may be consider it. Why wouldn't I be thankful for the heads up?
    I agree unless you know the poster well you should not bet with them cause you just may get stiffed.

This is basic common sense and a reminder of it by SBR is understandable.

However coming from Gold it's more of an act and because i have seen Gold do this act countless times in the past,i don't put much stock in the source.

Believe me if there were big problems with SBR posters betting with each other or a wannabe bookmaker SBRJOHN or Bill Dozer or Lou would let the board know in a serious way.

i guess you really got to know the source,this source is not to be taken seriosly when it comes to serious matters.

For the record i like flyer and respect him as a poster so there was no knock agaunst him i just know he is JJ'S straight man when it comes to these types of threads.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party

i agree with ya al.

and the ganja aint from virginia, its from cali.

123 Last