mojomaker11
    mojomaker11's Avatar Become A Pro!

im just excited to be watching this game.

KGambler
    KGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post
    I don't care what computers say they base everything off of the teams stats.
    Exactly. They base everything off of STATS. Computers are extremely powerful tools for doing analysis. Anyone who completely ignores computer analysis is a square.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Quote Originally Posted by KGambler View Post
    Exactly. They base everything off of STATS. Computers are extremely powerful tools for doing analysis. Anyone who completely ignores computer analysis is a square.
    You missed the part where the teams stats were garbage! You can't take part of a quote to suite your argument. If I take a pee wee footballs stats seriously before their big game with the new england patriots I would be an idiot. keep on running away with those BIG numbers against division 35 talent! I will stay down here in reality land where the big boys play!

KGambler

You missed the part where the teams stats were garbage! You can't take part of a quote to suite your argument. If I take a pee wee footballs stats seriously before their big game with the new england patriots I would be an idiot. keep on running away with those BIG numbers against division 35 talent! I will stay down here in reality land where the big boys play!
    I didn't miss it. That part shows your ignorance of how the analysis works. The computer analysis takes into account every single game that was played, and every single team is assigned a power rating. Strength of schedule is taken into account when the power ratings are produced. There is no way a team which squeeked through an easy schedule undefeated would be rated higher than a team like Alabama.

You are relying purely on the human brain, without using the powerful tools at your disposal.

FindTheLock

I didn't miss it. That part shows your ignorance of how the analysis works. The computer analysis takes into account every single game that was played, and every single team is assigned a power rating. Strength of schedule is taken into account when the power ratings are produced. There is no way a team which squeeked through an easy schedule undefeated would be rated higher than a team like Alabama.

You are relying purely on the human brain, without using the powerful tools at your disposal.
    the same human brain that invented the powerful tool you're referring to? I'll go with master over puppet! GL with your picks and have a great New year!

RPP
    RPP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Undefeated in the Mtn West. Big f'in deal. My Bearcats were undefeated in the Big East last year. Once again, big f'in deal. Oregon State couldn't hold Iowa's jock strap and you're crazy if you think they could.

chachi
    Lazy Git
    chachi's Avatar Become A Pro!

We will all have to agree to disagree on this one, and we'll all know who was or wasn't right in a matter of hours.

Basically, if we didn't have this sort of emotion attached to the teams and utter belief in each other's side of the argument, we wouldn't have the basis for the main reason we all log on here ...

Having said that, Mr T says he pities the fool that doesn't think Badgers will add to their trophy collection tonight ...

KGambler

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    We will all have to agree to disagree on this one, and we'll all know who was or wasn't right in a matter of hours.
    This is not how I look at it. Either team can win. I think the line "should be" more like TCU -5. So obviously I will be on TCU. But either team can win. Unless Wisonsin rolls 70-0, I wouldn't read too much into the results of one game. Some things just aren't knowable.

But "bragging rights" will be established even if it comes down to the wire.

thejrichshow85
    ban
    thejrichshow85's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm all over Wisconsin here gl

RPP

Yea BOL to everyone. I'm not trying to sound like a jerk, just defending my pick. May the best team win!

chachi
    Lazy Git
    chachi's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is not how I look at it. Either team can win. I think the line "should be" more like TCU -5. So obviously I will be on TCU. But either team can win. Unless Wisonsin rolls 70-0, I wouldn't read too much into the results of one game. Some things just aren't knowable.

But "bragging rights" will be established even if it comes down to the wire.
    Well yeah, the whole 'any team can beat any other team on any given day' aspect is always in play.

What I meant was that some believe that TCU is the superior side and will point to various stats and highlight specific matchups to prove their point, while others will believe Wiskie is the superior side and point to their own examples and reasons to back up their side of the argument.

I'm just pissed that the game's not going to end here until 1am'ish and I'm still a bit ragged from yesterday and have to get up early and drive halfway across the island at about 9am

And ... its all just a bit of friendly banter, sort of like arguing the merits of the bears getting 9.5 tomorrow over beers at the local bar

I'll happily 'settle' for 59 minutes of boredom and Wisconsin winning 3-0

KGambler

Quote Originally Posted by RPP View Post
    Yea BOL to everyone. I'm not trying to sound like a jerk, just defending my pick. May the best team win!
    Do you have Wisconsin ML as the open leg of a 7 team parlay? If so, why not hedge???

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

Wrote about this in my blog. Wis is the play. I think the run game will wear down tcu

Adr3nalin3 Ru5h
    Adr3nalin3 Ru5h's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Hopefully Wisconsin rolls but i can see Tcu winning by a point or a FG...... Wisc +3 is the play for me G/L

FindTheLock

no result in this game would surprise me. Any experienced gambler knows anything is possible. we all just take our side of a wager and then we cheer for it. I have little respect for the Mountain west or the pac 10 so i am picking wisconsin from the big ten to win this game. Some People will always disagree with my opinion, and I am grown up enough to accept that. A lot of people will agree with me too! It is the beauty of living in a democracy. After this game is over regardless of who wins it will only prove one thing, one sidce will be richer than the other lol

Adr3nalin3 Ru5h
    Adr3nalin3 Ru5h's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

no result in this game would surprise me. Any experienced gambler knows anything is possible. we all just take our side of a wager and then we cheer for it. I have little respect for the Mountain west or the pac 10 so i am picking wisconsin from the big ten to win this game. Some People will always disagree with my opinion, and I am grown up enough to accept that. A lot of people will agree with me too! It is the beauty of living in a democracy. After this game is over regardless of who wins it will only prove one thing, one sidce will be richer than the other lol
    I almost dropped a tear on this

RPP

Do you have Wisconsin ML as the open leg of a 7 team parlay? If so, why not hedge???
    Yea, they are the last leg of a 7 teamer. I've also got them as the 2nd leg of a 3 teamer. Paying $1,500 and $1,200. I haven't got the cash to hedge unfortunately. Oh well, it is what it is. Go Wisky!

KGambler

Quote Originally Posted by RPP View Post
    Yea, they are the last leg of a 7 teamer. I've also got them as the 2nd leg of a 3 teamer. Paying $1,500 and $1,200. I haven't got the cash to hedge unfortunately. Oh well, it is what it is. Go Wisky!
    I hope for you heart's sake it isn't a close game!

kmoney
    kmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 112

I think it will be a tough defensive game

oopfish
    oopfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1682

i take tcu

tokio
    tokio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2886

Wisconsin!

headhunter34
    headhunter34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 559

wisconsins oline and rushing attack will be too much for tcu too handle

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

I don't care what computers say they base everything off of the teams stats and the teams TCU plays are all garbage stats so I don't respect them. I don't even like the big ten, but since they can't win any big games they seem to always show up and win their bowl games. The big ten takes a lot of pride in the bowl games and it shows every year. The SEC wins national championships but clearly doesn't care about the other bowl games as they are always getting DUI's or in trouble beforehand. Bet on TCU it could win sure, nothing is impossible. Wisconsin is the better team though.
    what Fantasy world do you live in where the big ten always wins bowl games?

THE BIG TEN HAS LOST 6 OF THEIR LAST 7 ROSE BOWL APPEARANCES
    read that again if you have to

and yes, utah is every bit as good of a team as michigan st or iowa and tcu beat them by 40 in utah

people that laugh when they hear that strength of schedule is very similar for tcu/wisconsin are very narrow minded

milwaukee mike

every second that goes by in the early bowl games today makes those "quality wins" of wisconsin less and less quality

as i type mich st (who beat wisconsin) is getting smacked around 35-0, and northwestern and michigan are each losing by 2 tds

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

i seem to recall a similar undefeated TCU team a year ago doing zero with their offense in their BCS bowl game

FindTheLock

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    every second that goes by in the early bowl games today makes those "quality wins" of wisconsin less and less quality

as i type mich st (who beat wisconsin) is getting smacked around 35-0, and northwestern and michigan are each losing by 2 tds
    I will not reincarnate a dead debate. I will leave you with this. I NEVER said the Big 10 Plays well in the rose bowl! What I did say was the big ten plays well in BOWL games. I will say that Alabama would beat most teams that badly when Alabama is playing a good game. Alabama is a VERY good team and TCU has NEVER played a team of that quality since they have been under the national spotlight. You are comparing TCU's BAD opponents to Wisconsins GOOD ones.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

TCU speed & smarts vs. ** brawn

the boxer vs. the brawler

on TCU here with zero confidence

i believe in the TCU passing game.

FindTheLock

The big ten is playing these three bowl games against the SEC. TCU's opponents aren't good enough to play against the SEC and that's why they aren't in these bowl games and the big ten teams are. The SEC is the best conference in college football hands down. It isn't surprising to see the big ten lose this battle at all.

jspectyper
    jspectyper's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's not a fact that Iowa is better than Oregon State. Don't look at the BCS or AP rankings. They are a joke. Speaking of schedule strength, Oregon State had the toughest schedule in the country, bar none.

Also, even if your "fact" had been true, it is mostly irrelevant. They both played TWELVE games, not 3. Neither team played a top 50 schedule. Wisconsin's schedule was a little tougher, but not by much. As I said, their schedules are very comparable.

Also, I am at a loss why you would even think that Wisconsin getting handled by Mich State is supposed to impress us. TCU went undefeated you know.
    Zona did actually, but you were close.

sideline36
    Update your status
    sideline36's Avatar Become A Pro!

LOL good post man

ramones951
    ramones951's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 891

Leaning Horned Frogs here!!!

raiders510
    raiders510's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

guys....i am seeing about 95% ML wagers in favour of wisconsin.....is nobody buying the TCU ML because there is no value? The spread is about 70% in favour of wisconsin...I am wondering why the line hasnt moved more....something is up here. I'm seeing a ton of movement however with the total in the last few minutes in favour of the UNDER

milwaukee mike

of course something is up
    the public is getting sucked into wisconsin, just another reason they will lose

STAY STRONG
    STAY STRONG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

rolling with TCU today!!

Junkyard Dog
    Get up and Get it
    Junkyard Dog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1899

i like tcu to roll the badgers!!

First 1234 Last