Masu485
    Masu485's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12813

Did anyone see the end of the Bulls game?

If I had the Bulls I would be livid. Spread was -10 for Bulls, they were up 9.

5 seconds left, NJ misses a 3 while a Bulls player is upcourt already at NJ net. He gets a pass, thinks about going to get the easy COMPLETELY OPEN LAYUP. but then decides to walk back out with it and let the clock run out.

shermanator
    shermanator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2973

happens all the time in the nba. No need to score when you know you've won the game.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by shermanator View Post
    happens all the time in the nba. No need to score when you are told which side of the spread to fix the final score
    fixed it for you

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

why would you take the layup. Its unprofessional and poor etiquette.

The game was pretty close the whole way, Bulls didn't deserve to cover

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21581

Why would he score? That's perfectly appropriate to pull that out. And I had Bulls -9.

Inspirited
    Inspirited's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17828

nba is fixed

Masu485
    Masu485's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12813

If that were me, I would score to get my stats up.

Stacocakes
    Stacocakes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 538

The majority of nba players would still have made that shot no matter what the score is in the game.I've seen players jack up 3 pointers and their team is up double digits.The players don't care. When stuff like this does happen though,it makes you wonder.Something isn't right.Just a coincidence that it was right on the spread....

Fed_42420
    Fed_42420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 227

Quote Originally Posted by Stacocakes View Post
    The majority of nba players would still have made that shot no matter what the score is in the game.I've seen players jack up 3 pointers and their team is up double digits.The players don't care. When stuff like this does happen though,it makes you wonder.Something isn't right.Just a coincidence that it was right on the spread....
    I think most players don't make that shot, that was the normal thing to pull it back.

iMxth3xbossx5000
    iMxth3xbossx5000's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

The game was over, there was no need for him to put it in the basket with that much time left. If I were on the Bulls, I'd be pretty pissed about it to but when you think about it, it's perfectly logical for the player to just dribble the ball out...The only thing that amazes me is how oddsmakers can be so fukken accurate when making these lines... even the over/unders.. the games are always decided within 1-3 points of the spread...

Nookx
    Nookx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

This kind of stuff is standard in NBA games. Sometimes you will be on the right side and sometimes you will be on the wrong side.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

I started a thread this year where I noticed with my own eyes how a spread or total was fixed in 2 games of the Hawks this year. This stuff happens every day in the NBA. The last timeout is always called to give time to the coaches to know what the final score needs to be.

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

i bet that was what the guy was thinking. He probably looked up at the scoreboard and thought OMG were only up 9 and the spread was 10, if I make this layup we'll cover the spread but I don't think so. Probably thought about all that in the 2 seconds he had the ball. Oh yeah definetely.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

50% will shoot it

Bad break if you had bulls

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

Only game I have won in 2 days.

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Its called running the clock out. Would it also be a fix if the spread was -20? Cause i guarantee you 99% of the NBA players do the same thing. You must get pissed when the QB takes a knee.

brxbmbers42
    brxbmbers42's Avatar Become A Pro!

thats the thing. some of these guys would take that shot. the last two minutes of nba games can go so many different ways to fukk someone with money on the game. thats why NBA is unbettable imo

demens
    Square -910

The only one that would take it is a scum bag ricky davis type chasing a triple double or something like that. 999 times out of 1000 they run the clock out.

I do agree with, crazy shit happens at the end of games. I dont know if i would just limited that to the NBA though, thats athletic competition for you, if it was easy to predict this shit everybody would do it.

I'm picking losers at an uncanny rate, consistently for more then 2 months now. Maybe i should start a fade me thread.

brxbmbers42
    brxbmbers42's Avatar Become A Pro!

i got fukked back in the day on a 250 reverse. was down a 1000 for the week. first game won and second game i was getting 9 and was down 8 and blazers were dribbling the clock out. no need for a last shot and JR rider claps for the guy dribbling clock out to pass it to him. he fukkin goes in and dunks it with one second left and they win by 10. it was like i was watching it in slow motion. i saw it coming when he clapped for the guy to pass it to him. it was fukkin sickening. would of got me back to even.

demens
    Square -910

Ohh, yes JR Smith def fits the Ricky Davis scum bag stereotype. Was he going for something like a career high or something?

HotStreak
    Smokin'
    HotStreak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 901

Josh Smith was livid after Friday's loss to the Thunder, alleging poor sportsmanship from OKC big man Serge Ibaka.
    Ibaka dunked in the waning moments of the game, padding OKC's lead, though he really only did it because Russell Westbrook was looking for his 10th assist (which gave him a triple-double)...............

Source: Oklahoman

So I guess these guys do score baskets at the end of games just to pad stats.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 292

I miss the days when a team insured to win would put their backups in, and they would play hard all the way to the buzzer because they got the playing time. Of course, I also am sick of these guys high fiving each other after every free throw whether they make it or not. I'd like to know who started that bologna.

demens
    Square -910

Quote Originally Posted by HotStreak View Post
    Josh Smith was livid after Friday's loss to the Thunder, alleging poor sportsmanship from OKC big man Serge Ibaka.
    Ibaka dunked in the waning moments of the game, padding OKC's lead, though he really only did it because Russell Westbrook was looking for his 10th assist (which gave him a triple-double)...............

Source: Oklahoman

So I guess these guys do score baskets at the end of games just to pad stats.

Quote Originally Posted by demens View Post
    The only one that would take it is a scum bag ricky davis type chasing a triple double or something like that. 999 times out of 1000 they run the clock out.
    Like i said, 99% of the time this doen't happen. And Josh Smith is right, it is poor sportsmanship.

maersksealand
    maersksealand's Avatar Become A Pro!

I had PHI/LAK over 199.5. With 2.5 sec left PHI missed a 3, LAK got poseesion and Kobe got foul with 1.9 sec left. Score was 98-100, Kobe scored both shoots sending the game over.

peeiempee
    peeiempee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 348

You ever heard of key numbers?
    7, 5, 6, 3, 9, 2 points
    These are the final margins of victories in that order. Notice 10 is not there? When you bet 10 you are hoping for a blowout and only way this covers is if they have at least 12 or 13 pt lead coming into the 4th.

It is definitely bad sportsmanship to pad the stats when a game is decided. Most don't, I was surprised checking the score through my phone that the Hawks/Thunder game had 20 secs left at 193 and all of a sudden it was 197 final to cover my over. Post by Hotstreak explains it. Ibaka padded the stats and Smith got pissed and scored his lay up for revenge otherwise it would have been a bad beat for me.

So in short, Bulls game was not fixed, public pounded the key number to 10 and Bulls couldn't blow them out by the 4th. It happens

peeiempee

Quote Originally Posted by maersksealand View Post
    I had PHI/LAK over 199.5. With 2.5 sec left PHI missed a 3, LAK got poseesion and Kobe got foul with 1.9 sec left. Score was 98-100, Kobe scored both shoots sending the game over.
    It's great that you got the cover, but I don't see the relevance to this thread. Fouling in a 1 possession game is something every team does. Don't really see your point besides you getting the cover in the last second

demens
    Square -910

Quote Originally Posted by peeiempee View Post
    You ever heard of key numbers?
    7, 5, 6, 3, 9, 2 points
    These are the final margins of victories in that order. Notice 10 is not there? When you bet 10 you are hoping for a blowout and only way this covers is if they have at least 12 or 13 pt lead coming into the 4th.

It is definitely bad sportsmanship to pad the stats when a game is decided. Most don't, I was surprised checking the score through my phone that the Hawks/Thunder game had 20 secs left at 193 and all of a sudden it was 197 final to cover my over. Post by Hotstreak explains it. Ibaka padded the stats and Smith got pissed and scored his lay up for revenge otherwise it would have been a bad beat for me.

So in short, Bulls game was not fixed, public pounded the key number to 10 and Bulls couldn't blow them out by the 4th. It happens
    I'm not a believer in key numbers. Find that whole thing absolute nonsense. In a 48 minute game with tons of missed shots, 3 pointers and free throws, technicals and turnovers there is no such thing as a key number.

I dont care what the averages say, we're talking about 1000s of games each year, average of those is completely meaningless to 1 game, in imo it makes absolutely zero difference whether you pick -3 or -4.

The average win margin in the NBA this year is 10.5 btw. Going back for years its always between 10-12. This is why the team thats wins the game covers 80% of the time. This game is about picking winners, not key numbers. IMHO.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    I miss the days when a team insured to win would put their backups in, and they would play hard all the way to the buzzer because they got the playing time. Of course, I also am sick of these guys high fiving each other after every free throw whether they make it or not. I'd like to know who started that bologna.
    The same guy who started flexing his muscles on every tackle in football.

In soccer the only time players high five is when a player scores a goal or a goalie saves a penalty kick.

dfberger23
    dfberger23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Of course, I also am sick of these guys high fiving each other after every free throw whether they make it or not. I'd like to know who started that bologna.
    Have you ever played organized sports? It's called unity, being a team.

Baller85
    Baller85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

What you should have mentioned is the ref calling the foul on Ronnie Brewer when he didn't even touch Brook Lopez for two free throws which ensured the +10 spread..

peeiempee

We are not talking about averages here either. I would love it if I can get some of my points from this game and add it to others but I can't and you can't either. You can believe what you want to believe, 8 percent of all games fall into a 7 point victory, out of all possible numbers, the highest by far. Why? Because numbers make sense. 3 possession game, teams don't foul, other teams don't need to score. In 48 minutes a lot can happen, but most spreads are decided within the last 2-3 minutes. A team can have a 20 pt lead by half, all that matters is what the final score is.

I want to see your documentation on a team that wins and covers 80% of the time. If that is the case there is no point in having moneylines.

I agree it is about picking winners, not averages because your 20 point blowout and you 10.5 average win margin is just for 1 game, can't take it with you. IMHO

peeiempee

Quote Originally Posted by demens View Post
    I'm not a believer in key numbers. Find that whole thing absolute nonsense. In a 48 minute game with tons of missed shots, 3 pointers and free throws, technicals and turnovers there is no such thing as a key number.

I dont care what the averages say, we're talking about 1000s of games each year, average of those is completely meaningless to 1 game, in imo it makes absolutely zero difference whether you pick -3 or -4.

The average win margin in the NBA this year is 10.5 btw. Going back for years its always between 10-12. This is why the team thats wins the game covers 80% of the time. This game is about picking winners, not key numbers. IMHO.
    We are not talking about averages here either. I would love it if I can get some of my points from this game and add it to others but I can't and you can't either. You can believe what you want to believe, 8 percent of all games fall into a 7 point victory, out of all possible numbers, the highest by far. Why? Because numbers make sense. 3 possession game, teams don't foul, other teams don't need to score. In 48 minutes a lot can happen, but most spreads are decided within the last 2-3 minutes. A team can have a 20 pt lead by half, all that matters is what the final score is.

I want to see your documentation on a team that wins and covers 80% of the time. If that is the case there is no point in having moneylines.

I agree it is about picking winners, not averages because your 20 point blowout and you 10.5 average win margin is just for 1 game, can't take it with you. IMHO

demens
    Square -910

Here is the documentation:
    http://sportsdatabase.com/nba.py/que...t=query_header

The reason i dont think it matters that a 7 point game is a 3 possession game is because you dont bet on a team winning by 7 points, you bet on them winning by 7 or 8 or 9 or 10 or whatever, it doesn't matter to you. So statics saying that a 7 point win exactly only happens 8% (i'm assuming thats a bad thing) doesn't make a -7 line a bad line to take because wins by 7 or MORE happen all the time.

But whatever helps you win. If you find it useful, its all good. For me, i dont let it influence me. The higher the spread the worse the cover % gets, but 5 or under teams that win cover close to 90% of the time, so i could care less about the key number 2 or 4.

Pensinger1
    Pensinger1's Avatar Become A Pro!

What part of, "the nba is rigged" don't you understand?

demens
    Square -910

Quote Originally Posted by Pensinger1 View Post
    What part of, "the nba is rigged" don't you understand?
    The part where i think people that believe that are idiots. No offense.

12 Last