Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 396

Quote Originally Posted by dfberger23 View Post
    Have you ever played organized sports? It's called unity, being a team.
    Watch the NBA games from the 70's and 80's. There was no high fiving after a free throw miss, or make for that matter. I would classify those players as more unified than any team you would see in the NBA now.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Look at 1:36 on the video. Magic got no love for his made free throw.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Mr KLC,

These is why kids today can't make a free throw. Because there is no incentive. If they miss it they are consoled by teammates..if they make it they get a high five like it is a great achievement.

Back then if you miss a FT during the game the coach will yell at you on practice to make them.

shawnkang
    shawnkang's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

he did the right thing by not shooting. game was won.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Free throws almost make the nba unwatchable.

Especially any orlando game.. so booring

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Mr KLC,

These is why kids today can't make a free throw. Because there is no incentive. If they miss it they are consoled by teammates..if they make it they get a high five like it is a great achievement.

Back then if you miss a FT during the game the coach will yell at you on practice to make them.
    EXACTLY! That's why I don't belive the argument of it showing unity. I think it promotes more of a "It's all good. Don't worry about it." mentality. This just leads to plain laziness, which hurts the team because someone cannot hit a 15 foot uncontested shot that could mean the ballgame down the line. When a 40 something nobody, like me, with 2 broken down shoulders can hit free throws better than half of these guys that are being paid millions to play the game, there is a severe problem. Instead of looking for little pats on the hand, they need to be earning their money by putting the extra hours in the gymnasium.

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    Free throws almost make the nba unwatchable.

Especially any orlando game.. so booring

I really dont know how they can allow Howard to take 15 seconds for a free throw. It is RIDICULOUS! And the cry baby got called of it ones and cried his little heart out. He also blatantly said he is gonna keep doing it. The rule is CLEAR AS DAY, 10 SECONDS. How can the league let this happen. Maybe not every ft, but seriously, put a timer on it one and game see how many times he goes over and i dont mean like 1 or 2 seconds over either, blatant 4, 5, 6.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by demens View Post
    I really dont know how they can allow Howard to take 15 seconds for a free throw. It is RIDICULOUS! And the cry baby got called of it ones and cried his little heart out. He also blatantly said he is gonna keep doing it. The rule is CLEAR AS DAY, 10 SECONDS. How can the league let this happen. Maybe not every ft, but seriously, put a timer on it one and game see how many times he goes over and i dont mean like 1 or 2 seconds over either, blatant 4, 5, 6.
    Karl Malone would always push it to the 10 second max. He'd dribble the ball, spin it, say something to his kid, and then finally shoot the ball. I agree with you on Howard. If Reddick or Bass were doing it, they would be calling it every time.

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

And everyone in Orl is crying about how Howard is getting picked on and NOT getting the star treatment he deserves.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by demens View Post
    And everyone in Orl is crying about how Howard is getting picked on and NOT getting the star treatment he deserves.

First 12