HotStreak
    Smokin'
    HotStreak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 901

Everyone involved in that UNC/TEN game should be investigated.

Good Night/

Brewers in 7
    SBR owes me 45 points
    Brewers in 7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1303

game should somehow end in a tie, both teams screwed by the officials.. then again it is a Big Ten crew

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

Crazy game.

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Tennessee involved in another game in which they celebrated a premature victory!

mmike032
    mmike032's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8274

OT baby

GELATINOUS CUBE
    SBR's 94.4% handicapper
    GELATINOUS CUBE's Avatar Become A Pro!

So it's a tie?

Hanger
    NCAA '10 59.45% | 129-88-5
    Hanger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 215

Nice and the huge penalty....LMAO Crazy right here

gym rat
    gym rat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2803

so is it first team to score or is their an amount of time to play???

ridims
    ridims's Avatar Become A Pro!

i dont know guys.. thats pretty embarressing to the league of what is going on here. some very questionable calls leading up to that fg. something smells funny......

aman86
    aman86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Quote Originally Posted by big joe 1212 View Post
    Tennessee involved in another game in which they celebrated a premature victory!
    well the refs did actually say it was the end of the game then put 1 sec on so how can you not celebrate after the refs said you won

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 316

How about reviewing every single snap and every single play when the game is over to determine with a countdown if there were any other plays during the game where the clock was fukked up? Why just review the final play of the game for the clock? Fukking official replay idiots!!!
    Points Awarded:

manny24 gave pavyracer 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

wiredlu22
    wiredlu22's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by gym rat View Post
    so is it first team to score or is their an amount of time to play???

You didn't bet this or any other college football game did you?

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

total whore shit.

kcDdegenerate
    kcDdegenerate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

every call made the the refs in this game were legit......get over it

ridims
    ridims's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by kcDdegenerate View Post
    every call made the the refs in this game were legit......get over it
    well i didnt have any money on this game other then first half total points but come on, you think that pass to Dwight Jones for over a dozen yards to push them into tennessee territory / stop the clock / - with less then 30 seconds in the game was in bounds you got to be crazy.

txmagnolia2
    txmagnolia2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

I was a crazy game. Fortunately, we were on UNC.

KACK
    KACK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3495

I was so angry at the refs first BUT when you look at it the kicker MISSED an extra point.. This put tenn up only 3 which everyone knows the ending.... I lost money just like the rest of us but it should have never came down to the field goal... Tennessee should of had a 4 point lead with 1 second on the clock... I'm on to today to win my money back.. Good luck and have a great new year!!!

Facepunch
    Facepunch's Avatar Become A Pro!

Very interesting game.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by KACK View Post
    I was so angry at the refs first BUT when you look at it the kicker MISSED an extra point.. This put tenn up only 3 which everyone knows the ending.... I lost money just like the rest of us but it should have never came down to the field goal... Tennessee should of had a 4 point lead with 1 second on the clock... I'm on to today to win my money back.. Good luck and have a great new year!!!
    But this doesn't answer the question posed by the OP. Should the refs be investigated and be severely punished for doing a terrible job at the end by making a mockery of themselves and the rules?

Hoja Verdes
    Broncos Under 7.5 Wins -105
    Hoja Verdes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Not sure what the "controversy" is all about...there was clearly 1 second left when UNC spiked the ball...and there's no clock runoff rule in NCAAF like there is in the NFL. So what's the problem? It would have been a screw-job if they had called the game as the ref originally tried to do, without reviewing the play.

roon
    roon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

Betting on this year's bowl games is like betting on preseason basketball so far. Who the hell knows whats going to happen.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by Hoja Verdes View Post
    Not sure what the "controversy" is all about...there was clearly 1 second left when UNC spiked the ball...and there's no clock runoff rule in NCAAF like there is in the NFL. So what's the problem? It would have been a screw-job if they had called the game as the ref originally tried to do, without reviewing the play.
    Having 18 players on the field and 3 coaches 10 yards in the filed of play yelling at the ref during an illegal snap is a multittude of penalities. Why just review the play clock? Review the whole sequence of events. Assess a penalty for too many men on the field. Assess a penalty for illegal snap. Assess an unsportmanlike penalty to the coaches for leaving the coaching area and entering the field when the ball was illegally snapped. You can't pick and chose what you want to review on replay.

jgray
    jgray's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Having 18 players on the field and 3 coaches 10 yards in the filed of play yelling at the ref during an illegal snap is a multittude of penalities. Why just review the play clock? Review the whole sequence of events. Assess a penalty for too many men on the field. Assess a penalty for illegal snap. Assess an unsportmanlike penalty to the coaches for leaving the coaching area and entering the field when the ball was illegally snapped. You can't pick and chose what you want to review on replay.
    That's really the key.

I'd also add that every team has just been given a game plan on how to stop the clock without a timeout. Who cares what else is happening. Don't worry about getting everyone set (thus taking more time). Just have the center snap it to the QB who spikes it, take the 5 yard penalty and kick the game winner. This brings the center of the field back into play without any TO's and between the 18 to 12 second range left on the clock. If they don't change the rule, teams are stupid for not exercising this strategy.

thisisit
    thisisit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

I still cannot believe i lost that game why the fu*k was the reciever able to go 40 yeards when they know they are throwing it down the field, and the damm safety had to try to do the killer hit!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Ninersnut
    Money talks and bullshit runs marathons
    Ninersnut's Avatar Become A Pro!

Got screwed in both games yesterday

jgray
    jgray's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Quote Originally Posted by thisisit View Post
    I still cannot believe i lost that game why the fu*k was the reciever able to go 40 yeards when they know they are throwing it down the field, and the damm safety had to try to do the killer hit!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    The coverage was much worse. The actually hit wasn't a bad idea. If he dislodges the ball (which he sort of did) there's only a 15 yard penalty. The yardage from the catch would have been wiped out.

THE HITMAN
    THE HITMAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16230

phew.........rarely see an ending like that to a game. Tenn got a little aggresive on defense, tho, huh? No excuse for those penalties, if they would have just eliminated just one of them, they probably would have won.
    Was going to go NC, but backed off at the end, so it was a no play for me.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I had the under. Luckily I was out getting drunk during the 2nd half of this game and was not subject to seeing the actual ending because I probably would have broken a TV.

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

"Substitution rules infraction" is a 5 yard penalty and "Illegal participation" is a 15 yard penalty. UNC had 12 players set for the final play of the game and 5-6 running off. With both penalties occurring, the larger penalty should have been enforced. Not so sure that kick was good from 49 yards.

Marigold HD
    Marigold HD's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47713

These bowl games are too tough to cap.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Bottom line. Tennessee found a way to lose this game. If they make the PAT, they win. It is that simple. You guys have to stop crying every time you lose a game. There is only ONE reason why you lose a game. That reason is because you wagered on the WRONG TEAM. Get a life people. You have won as many as you have lost this way. You just do not remember the wins.

TexansFan
    TexansFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

Quote Originally Posted by The Seer View Post
    "Substitution rules infraction" is a 5 yard penalty and "Illegal participation" is a 15 yard penalty. UNC had 12 players set for the final play of the game and 5-6 running off. With both penalties occurring, the larger penalty should have been enforced. Not so sure that kick was good from 49 yards.
    Think 5Dimes will buy that and return my money Seer? I tell ya, that Ten and K St game were both brutal at the end.

kcDdegenerate
    kcDdegenerate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Quote Originally Posted by ridims View Post
    well i didnt have any money on this game other then first half total points but come on, you think that pass to Dwight Jones for over a dozen yards to push them into tennessee territory / stop the clock / - with less then 30 seconds in the game was in bounds you got to be crazy.

it was a catch...It only became an issue after the dumb TN cb chosed to go for a cheap helmet to helmet hit (be mad at him) which made him moved the ball a little bit..they ruled it a catch and did not find "indisputable" evidence to over turn it..Even the guys that get paid to call the game fairly said it was a catch and the 15 yd penalty was correct...

You really should be blaming the kicker for missing the extra pt and Bray for throwing that interception (basically ended the game right there) in overtime

Soxsfan9
    Update your status
    Soxsfan9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

I just saw the replay, there was something f*cking fishy going on with that ending!!!

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by The Seer View Post
    Thanks Seer for explanation of the rules. I didn't know the official names of the infractions but I knew NC committed 2-3 penalties on that debacle.

And it doesn't matter if Tennessee screwed up on the previous play with the hit. The refs job is to call all the plays of the game fairly and not help one of the two teams win the game with an unfair advantage just because one of the teams screwed up on one of the plays on defense the play before.

12 Last