etavoa10
    etavoa10's Avatar Become A Pro!

Best Country For Sports Betting

I'm so fed up with the difficulties of sports betting in the U.S. that I'm seriously considering setting up residence in another country.

Requirements:
    1) Need to be able to legally place bets from the country and have reasonable protection.
    2) Must be able to establish residence (not citizenship) and open a bank account.
    3) Need legal access to the popular money transfer services (Neteller, Moneybookers, etc.)
    4) Must have access to the best sports books and exchanges (Pinnacle, Betfair, Matchbook, etc.)
    5) Has English speaking language options.
    6) Also need to consider tax implications.

I'm thinking that the UK or Canada are maybe the best options. Perhaps there are other countries like Switzerland, Costa Rica, etc. that would work well??

I plan to buy / rent a place, and use it much of the year. If you have any thoughts that you'd rather not share in the open forum, please feel free to PM me!

Thanks!

Ninersnut
    Money talks and bullshit runs marathons
    Ninersnut's Avatar Become A Pro!

I heard Niger is a nice place this time of the year.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

UK by far

All banks very gambling friendly

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by etavoa10 View Post
    I'm so fed up with the difficulties of sports betting in the U.S. that I'm seriously considering setting up residence in another country.

Requirements:
    1) Need to be able to legally place bets from the country and have reasonable protection.
    2) Must be able to establish residence (not citizenship) and open a bank account.
    3) Need legal access to the popular money transfer services (Neteller, Moneybookers, etc.)
    4) Must have access to the best sports books and exchanges (Pinnacle, BetFair, Matchbook, etc.)

I'm thinking that the UK or Canada are maybe the best options. Perhaps there are other countries like Switzerland, Costa Rica, etc. that would work well??

I plan to buy / rent a place, and use it much of the year. If you have any thoughts that you'd rather not share in the open forum, please feel free to PM me!

Thanks!
    Send me $1000 cash and I will tell you step by step to play anywhere in the world
    I spent a lot of time studying this and aint helping no one unless paid

maersksealand
    maersksealand's Avatar Become A Pro!

Requirements:
    4) Must have access to the best sports books and exchanges (Pinnacle, Betfair, Matchbook, etc.)

Thanks!
    I read few years ago an article about Hong Kong having no wager limits. I Google it recently but there's no stories about betting in Hong Kong. But what's wrong moving to Vegas ?

etavoa10

Quote Originally Posted by maersksealand View Post
    I read few years ago an article about Hong Kong having no wager limits. I Google it recently but there's no stories about betting in Hong Kong. But what's wrong moving to Vegas ?
    Moving to Vegas doesn't work because I still couldn't bet on Pinnacle, Betfair, etc. and couldn't use Neteller, etc. It's really not a good option.

etavoa10

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Send me $1000 cash and I will tell you step by step to play anywhere in the world
    I spent a lot of time studying this and aint helping no one unless paid
    JJGOLD - I'm very familiar with ways to gamble from anywhere, but I'm not sure it's worth the risk if the dollar amounts are high enough. I know that PO Boxes can be set up, I know that you can use virtual server software to access boxes in other countries in a way to mask the real IP address placing bets, etc.

Assuming one is looking for a very legit way to do it, the best option would be to find the most bet-friendly country, establish residence, and place the bets from there. With that said, I'd be happy to discuss alternative options if you'd like to PM me.

Thanks!

maxvalue1
    maxvalue1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

interesting subject..anyway to find a reliable runner in another country..someome that can get u down at any book

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9082

heard lots of good things about costa rica

icecapper
    icecapper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 394

I live and own a residence in Canada. PM me and let me know if I can help you out in any way.

Stefan
    Stefan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 109030

I am not sure, but I think I have read that living from sport betting is not legal in Switzerland.
    I would prefer GB.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Requirements:

Thanks!
    Try the Congo or Ivory Coast...they're looking for people these days. Please contact jj if you need a reference

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

its a trap!

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

do you have over 20 million dollars? if so maybe Monaco?

1. Monaco isn't interested in granting you permanent residence status. You need a net worth in excess of around $20 million before they'd consider your application.

2. As a US citizen, you are subject to US taxation on your world-wide income so residing in Monaco won't get you off the hood for US taxes.

3. Surrendering US citizenship solely to avoid US taxes won't get you off the hook for 10 full years.

4. If you want to surrender your citizenship, you'll have to pick some place other than Monaco. While Monaco might grant you permanent residence, citizenship is out of the question.

5. Most other countries -- at least those that you might want to live in -- have higher taxes than the US does so moving there will cost you in the long run. The overall cost of living in most of those countries will be higher as well.

6. Surrendering your citizenship may cost you some of those pension benefits.

7. 15% Federal income tax reverse engineers to over $65,000 per year. Even if you're kicking in 5% on state income taxes, it still crunches to around $50,000 per year. If you're having trouble making ends meet as a single person on that income, try a financial counselor.

etavoa10

Quote Originally Posted by marcoloco View Post
    heard lots of good things about costa rica
    I once heard that Costa Ricans can't place bets at sites that operate in Costa Rica. Not sure why. Anyone know if this is true?

etavoa10

Quote Originally Posted by maxvalue1 View Post
    interesting subject..anyway to find a reliable runner in another country..someome that can get u down at any book
    I'm more interested in betting online actually. I don't think a runner would work because of lack of trust, etc.

etavoa10

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    do you have over 20 million dollars? if so maybe Monaco?

1. Monaco isn't interested in granting you permanent residence status. You need a net worth in excess of around $20 million before they'd consider your application.

2. As a US citizen, you are subject to US taxation on your world-wide income so residing in Monaco won't get you off the hood for US taxes.

3. Surrendering US citizenship solely to avoid US taxes won't get you off the hook for 10 full years.

4. If you want to surrender your citizenship, you'll have to pick some place other than Monaco. While Monaco might grant you permanent residence, citizenship is out of the question.

5. Most other countries -- at least those that you might want to live in -- have higher taxes than the US does so moving there will cost you in the long run. The overall cost of living in most of those countries will be higher as well.

6. Surrendering your citizenship may cost you some of those pension benefits.

7. 15% Federal income tax reverse engineers to over $65,000 per year. Even if you're kicking in 5% on state income taxes, it still crunches to around $50,000 per year. If you're having trouble making ends meet as a single person on that income, try a financial counselor.
    Some interesting points....thanks! I'm not sure Monaco is an option. I wouldn't plan on giving up US citizenship, but rather have a 2nd home in another country (which I'd spend a decent amount of time at), therefore, I would expect to still pay US taxes.

etavoa10

Quote Originally Posted by icecapper View Post
    I live and own a residence in Canada. PM me and let me know if I can help you out in any way.
    For some crazy reason, I'm not able to PM you. It says that I may not have access or been otherwise blocked. Please feel free to shoot me one first.

I'm interested in better understanding the Canadian options for books, bank accounts (as a US citizen), etc.

SBR_Guest_Pro
    SBR Intern
    SBR_Guest_Pro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2939

Can stay in the United States now!

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13502

so youre planning to do this for a living? you better have a million dollars or just give it up lol

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13502

how would you gain residency of a diff country tho? always would have loved to move to europe

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

this is a good topic. Would be interesting to hear some real experiences.

I really dislike how Pinnacle bans so many countries, it is very sad!
    Hopefully they try to get a license here in one of these states in the US!

SBR_Guest_Pro
    SBR Intern
    SBR_Guest_Pro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2939

Quote Originally Posted by lonegambler23 View Post
    how would you gain residency of a diff country tho? always would have loved to move to europe
    Have to join a mail order husband program and hope a broad in a different country orders you for marriage

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_Guest_Pro View Post
    Have to join a mail order husband program and hope a broad in a different country orders you for marriage
    Or get a TEFL certificate and then get a work v-i-s-a to teach English.
    White people are in demand for those jobs.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Don't need to rent a place

Just make a trip to Canada. Get a PO box, a canadian drivers license, and a bank account. They will want to know why you're moving to Canada so tell them you met a Canadian girl who was going to school in the US and it was true love so u moved up there to be with her...and for the fresh maple syrup. Also, you like that the money smells like maple syrup and you can tell the bank manager that or keep it to yourself.

Couple of drawbacks:

-Pinnacle, Betfair, and Matchbook lines are not really beatable, so you're either entering a losing venture or attempting to arb in which case the accounts you moved up to Canada to get will keep going broke and you will eventually realize it's better to just bet the square side

-You can't play in the SBR world cup of poker

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell77 View Post
    Or get a TEFL certificate and then get a work v-i-s-a to teach English.
    White people are in demand for those jobs.
    Is that just in places like China or India or could you go to Romania or Iceland

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Don't need to rent a place

Just make a trip to Canada. Get a PO box, a canadian drivers license, and a bank account. They will want to know why you're moving to Canada so tell them you met a Canadian girl who was going to school in the US and it was true love so u moved up there to be with her...and for the fresh maple syrup. Also, you like that the money smells like maple syrup and you can tell the bank manager that or keep it to yourself.
    Not sure if you're being sarcastic but this probably will not work. Getting a Canadian Driver's License is not that easy with simply a PO Box. And some kind of Canada proof of residency is usually needed to establish a Canadian bank account.

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

Quote Originally Posted by lonegambler23 View Post
    This is probably the biggest issue for most people. Unless you can find a job there, or a current job here that will relocate you there.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Gotta pick winners regardless where you live... If you can do that

You can make it BIG in the USA

jjgold

Costa Rica or Finland

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by LLXC View Post
    Not sure if you're being sarcastic but this probably will not work. Getting a Canadian Driver's License is not that easy with simply a PO Box. And some kind of Canada proof of residency is usually needed to establish a Canadian bank account.
    It's pretty easy

I didn't just make this stuff up

danshan11
    I am good at coin flips, I really am!
    danshan11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2888

where is pinnacle at move there!

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

This guy hasn't been around since 2011.

Question is, when he posted this back in 2010, why wasn't just moving to Vegas an option instead of having to leave the whole country

jjgold

Lol pinnacle

So many American books have better juice now

danshan11
    I am good at coin flips, I really am!
    danshan11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2888

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Lol pinnacle

So many American books have better juice now
    really name one? I would love to have a few outs that are better than pinnacle

12 Last