Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by kman27 View Post
    The fact that you just based the reason kobe got his rings on numbers simply tells me you have no clue what youre talking about. Thats pretty dumb, just admit youre wrong and dont go on any further. Clearly the level of competition from today's generation to the jordans and birds and magics is different. But the balance of powers within that generation is pretty off set. You have 4 top teams in the east, and 4 in the west. Back then you had guys hand checking, crazy body contact but no fouls. Its turning into a offensive league now a days. Dont you think magic and jordan and bird would be on the same as lebron and wade and others if they had the access to the things Pros have now in todays world. And no im not talking steriods but all the new tech. that has been developed, training, etc. just not fair to say that. Yes the generations are different based on size and talent but back then generation the playing field was alot more even making it harder to win.
    how did i base it on the numbers. i know guys like you, i listen to them all the time. First you say Kobe can't win without Shaq. Then he brings in guys that have never won anything in their lives and he wins with them and then its "Kobe can't win without Gasol." Just stop already. Whoever doesn't have Kobe in their top 5 players of all time doesn't know shit about basketball.

Jordan Magic Bird Hakeem Clyde Isaiah all these guys would obviously be just as good if they played today. But the role pla. yers back then are not as good as the role players today. And I'm not talking about in the Jordan Era, I'm talking back in Big O's era. There is way more balance in today's league and as a result there are more possible contenders.

Its an offensive league during the reulgar season when Vegas needs to make money. In the playoffs the refs put their whistles away and the guys play just as physical as they did in the past. Game 7 of the finals was just as physical if not more than any of the finals Jordan played in and yes i watched all of them

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

just curious what position ralphie played on that bulls team to call it his record..

kman27
    kman27's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    how did i base it on the numbers. i know guys like you, i listen to them all the time. First you say Kobe can't win without Shaq. Then he brings in guys that have never won anything in their lives and he wins with them and then its "Kobe can't win without Gasol." Just stop already. Whoever doesn't have Kobe in their top 5 players of all time doesn't know shit about basketball.

Jordan Magic Bird Hakeem Clyde Isaiah all these guys would obviously be just as good if they played today. But the role pla. yers back then are not as good as the role players today. And I'm not talking about in the Jordan Era, I'm talking back in Big O's era. There is way more balance in today's league and as a result there are more possible contenders.

Its an offensive league during the reulgar season when Vegas needs to make money. In the playoffs the refs put their whistles away and the guys play just as physical as they did in the past. Game 7 of the finals was just as physical if not more than any of the finals Jordan played in and yes i watched all of them
    I didnt say that either, i actually dont think shaq or kobe would have won it without each other. I simply just said he wasnt the best in 3 of the 5. I go to usc and every kid here is a kobe fan i heard everything possible when they try to make a case for kobe being better. I have always, and will always and so will everyone else who isnt biased and has high knowledge of basket Jordan is the best player to grace this land. Then you can make a case for the other 4 to have your top 5. I personality would have kobe forsure at top 10 all around players of all time. But i have him 2nd best player overall. If you know what i mean.

But yea if you were talking about back in that generation, sorry about that, and nothing will match bulls vs piston matchups or bulls knicks in the 90s. But yea game 7 no fouls, but idk if thats case for the series or the rest of the playoffs...didnt doc rivers and phil jackson complain about too many ticky tack calls?

nj6
    nj6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2592

Jordan never even played against any teams that good. The Lakers, Celtics, and Heat today would all give the 72-10 bulls a run for it. Just because they had that record doesn't mean they are the best team ever to play. Wilt averaged 50 a game but Shaq is the much better Center when all is said and done and its not even close
    You don't know Jordan, pretty clear that you my friend are a dumbass.

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

pacific division is a joke. sacramento kings, clippers, golden state, pheonix.

how the hell can the lakers not win?

if celts hadnt had KG and Perk out with knee injuries they wouldnt have won either of their last two rings.

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie1412 View Post
    Above post is supposed to say pau is the best BIG player on the team....obviously I think kobe is the best on the team....just clarifying, my damn edit button isnt there....
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post
    Same thing against the CAvaliers last year. Triangle isnt working anymore because Bryant keeps getting double-teamed and artest/others can't hit open shots.
    LOL!! Pau who never won a playoff game in his life without Bryant. The guy who calls Bryant the best player in the world every chance he gets. Too bad they don't give Pau the ball at the end of games. Bryant is arguably the best player ever to play the game and is still a top 3 player in the world what are you smoking, Pau is not even the best PF in the league. Jordan never even played against any teams that good. The Lakers, Celtics, and Heat today would all give the 72-10 bulls a run for it. Just because they had that record doesn't mean they are the best team ever to play. Wilt averaged 50 a game but Shaq is the much better Center when all is said and done and its not even close
    Goat I CLEARLY posted the above statement right after my post to clear that up. The edit button wasnt there so I posted within ten seconds after clearing it up. It doesnt surprise me that you took the juvenile route and jumped on the error.

Ralphie1412

How quickly people forget the Lakers 30 and 40 wins seasons when Kobe was in his PRIME before getting Pau. Kobe was average and wanted out of L.A.....PERIOD

Goat Milk

Goat I CLEARLY posted the above statement right after my post to clear that up. The edit button wasnt there so I posted within ten seconds after clearing it up. It doesnt surprise me that you took the juvenile route and jumped on the error.
    settle down i did not read it.

Just to clarify also: The years the lakers sucked, kobe still took them to the playoffs a few times. one of the worst squads ever

If you look at who was in that starting lineup in that year against the suns, you would not even believe the lakers could win more than 15 games.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Walton was the 3rd option on that team. THE 3RD OPTION!

I mean... how far can you go with that shit?

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

How quickly people forget the Lakers 30 and 40 wins seasons when Kobe was in his PRIME before getting Pau. Kobe was average and wanted out of L.A.....PERIOD
    30 wins? They won 45 and 42 in those years, making the playoffs boths seasons. Nice try though.
    Smush Parker was the starting PG on that team. He's out of the league. Kwame Brown was the starting Center, he's barely in the league. Key parts of their rotation included Stanislav medvendenko, Brian Cook, and Chris Mihm who all played pretty big minutes. Honestly, outside of Kobe, this was one of the worst assembled teams in recent history. A lot of the key players are either out of the league or barely hanging on, and it's not b/c they got old.
    Last edited by Tree Rollins; 12-30-10 at 03:47 PM.

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Kobe Bryant is a very good player, but I watched Jordan in his prime and Kobe can't shine Jordan's shoes. As good as Kobe is he can be guarded and contained. Kobe takes many contested, difficult shots under pressure. When Jordan needed to make a shot his separation from the defender was unreal. Kobe= they can guard that bitch when need be. Jordan= Nobody could guard him. Kobe looks flashier because he makes many circus shots, but he also misses many. Jordan didn't need to make a circus shot, he created seperation.

Tree Rollins

I was just listening to a Bill Simmons podcast on espn.com. Simmons is a diehard Celtic fan and trashes Kobe every chance he gets, he was talking about kobe in 06' when he had that shittty team with smush and kwame and the rest. This is Simmons quote about Kobe... "he was incredible in '06...his team sucked...but winning 45 games with that batch of crap that he had that year was amazing. That was one of the 5 most amazing things that happened the last decade"

kman27

What kobe did in 06, was nice but if you have 1 superstar(especially one of the best ones) 38-42 games should be expected to be won. Anything less would be failure and anything more would be really Impressive but to say just because he carried that sorry team tothe playoffs make him "outta this world" is pretty silly.

Is you wanna base it on something like that then d-wade would be the best player every look at what he did with that heat team those 2 years after winning 15 games

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

Look at what Lebron was winning 66 games with...

Tree Rollins

Quote Originally Posted by ProfaneReality View Post
    Look at what Lebron was winning 66 games with...
    Don't even compare Kwame Brown and Smush Parker to Anderson Varejao and Mo Williams.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by lyon804 View Post
    Kobe Bryant is a very good player, but I watched Jordan in his prime and Kobe can't shine Jordan's shoes. As good as Kobe is he can be guarded and contained. Kobe takes many contested, difficult shots under pressure. When Jordan needed to make a shot his separation from the defender was unreal. Kobe= they can guard that bitch when need be. Jordan= Nobody could guard him. Kobe looks flashier because he makes many circus shots, but he also misses many. Jordan didn't need to make a circus shot, he created seperation.
    Saying Kobe can be guarded is one of the stupidest things i've ever heard in my life. Guys like Jordan, Bryant, Wade, Lebron, Iverson, Hakeem, Barkley can not be guarded.

The year Kobe averaged 35.5 a game he had a terrible team. Kobe can be guarded. The Mavs sure couldn't guard him when he dropped 62 on their asses in 3 quarters and their whole team scored 61. The raptors triple teamed him and he still scored 81 on them. Its apparent to me that you never watched Jordan in his prime and you never watched Kobe either. Guys that watch ball year after year don't go and make premature statements 10 games into the season. You also say Kobe doesn't create separation which tells me you have only been following Kobe for the last couple of years. If you watched Kobe in his prime you would know he was one of the most explosive players in the league. Also, if you understood basketball, then you would know that Kobe was the only threat on that team in 05 and 06. Most others were d league caliber players. You should know then that when you are the only threat, the defensive gameplan for the opposing team revolves around containing you. Each team went to play LA with one intention: stop Kobe Bryant, whatever it takes. Magically, he still put up incredible numbers.

LOL these statements are hilarious. Bryant is a top 5 player ever to play the game. This is incontrovertible. He is arguably in the top two ever to play the game and he is only "a good player that can't shine Jordan's shoes"

Jordan didn't need to be flashy? Jordan was one of the flashiest players ever to play the game. He is notorious for adjusting his shot in mid air, double clutches, etc.

Fundamentally, there is no question that Jordan is better, Jordan is more explosive, a better rebounder and probably passer. Both are in the top 10 for greatest perimeter defenders ever to play. Kobe obviously is the much better overall shooter, 3 pt and midrange. To say that Kobe can't shine Jordan's shoes shows how little you know. I bet you Wilt Chamberlan is in your top 10 greatest players of all time. You woudl think for a guy they can guard easily it would be hard to win 5 rings, especially in this era

Tree Rollins

What kobe did in 06, was nice but if you have 1 superstar(especially one of the best ones) 38-42 games should be expected to be won. Anything less would be failure and anything more would be really Impressive but to say just because he carried that sorry team tothe playoffs make him "outta this world" is pretty silly. Is you wanna base it on something like that then d-wade would be the best player every look at what he did with that heat team those 2 years after winning 15 games
    Oh you're talking the year after the Heat won 15 games, the season they had Jermaine o'neal, shawn marion, mario chalmers, dorrell wright, Udonis Haslem and michael beasley. Along with Dwyane Wade. Is that the season you're comparing to Kobes 06 team? Wade got 42 wins out of that team. To compare that to the 42 wins Kobe got with that pile of shit '06 team doesn't make sense to me.

lyon804

Goat, calm down. You are getting all worked up again. You are delusional as usual. Put down the pipe. We are talking about the best of the best. Kobe Bryant career FG% doesn't sniff Jordan's. Kobe, has never has the separation of Michael Jordan. Antime, Kobe goes up against a top flight defense he is guarded. All his historic games in terms of scoring points are against some of the worst defenses and defenders in history. Ray Allen guarded Kobe Bryant like a blanket in the Finals. Bryant shot 51-121 from the field in 7 games. In your right mind when you are not "blazed" could you see Ray Allen or anybody on the Celtics holding Jordan to those FG numbers in a 7 game series in the Finals? The difference between you and me is I am a gambler and you are just a "fan".. your "fandom" has got your judgement clouded again. Since I am not a fan I am able to the look at the numbers and see who the best is. Besides, I have watched both in there primes and Jordan is alot better than Kobe Bryant. Can't believe I even had to tell you this. Is Kobe good? Yes, he is very good. But not anywhere "Jordan" good.

lyon804

As far as the 5 Rings.. Jordan never played with a big man that was near the talent level of Shaq or Gasol. You probably never even seen Jordan play If you had we wouldn't be having this discussion. Forget all the Bullshit..At the end of the day its simple Jordan>Kobe and it's not as close as you are some others would like for it to be. Tell you the difference.. In Jordan's and Kobe's prime Jordan could beat Kobe with his team and then turn around and beat Kobe with Kobe's team.

Tree Rollins

As far as the 5 Rings.. Jordan never played with a big man that was near the talent level of Shaq or Gasol. You probably never even seen Jordan play If you had we wouldn't be having this discussion. Forget all the Bullshit..At the end of the day its simple Jordan>Kobe and it's not as close as you are some others would like for it to be. Tell you the difference.. In Jordan's and Kobe's prime Jordan could beat Kobe with his team and then turn around and beat Kobe with Kobe's team.
    I'm not arguing that Kobe is better then Jordan or anything. Jordan is the man. There is no denying that. but when you say jordan never played with a great big man, maybe that's true, but he did have one of the the top 5 all-around players in the league on his team and a top 50 all-time guy in Scottie Pippen. It's not like Jordan was playing with scrubs, that's for damn sure.

lyon804

I am well aware of Scottie Pippen. I was alive, "watching" the games... Jordan never had an interior offensive/defensive prescence like Shaq/Gasol. How many teams have you seen win championships without the "big man" other the Jordan??? CASE CLOSED!

Ralphie1412

You can talk scottie pippen all you want. But Kobe and Lebron for that matter could never have won with Craig Hodges, Luc Longley, Jud Bucheler, Steve Kerr, Ronnie Haper, Randy Brown, Cliff Livingston....I mean come the **** on.

If Lebron did it in Cleveland I would have held him about Kobe for getting it done with that squad. Mo Williams and Varajeo are a far cry from Shaq/Pau and Fisher/Fisher.

Tree Rollins

You can talk scottie pippen all you want. But Kobe and Lebron for that matter could never have won with Craig Hodges, Luc Longley, Jud Bucheler, Steve Kerr, Ronnie Haper, Randy Brown, Cliff Livingston....I mean come the **** on. If Lebron did it in Cleveland I would have held him about Kobe for getting it done with that squad. Mo Williams and Varajeo are a far cry from Shaq/Pau and Fisher/Fisher.
    That is a weak argument b/c you could say that about literally any championship roster. If you ignore the best best 2 or 3 players ( in Jordans case a top 5 guy in the league in pippen and one of the best rebounders ever in Rodman) and then name the rest of the squad then of course it sounds bad. I'll do what you just did, using the shaq/kobe lakers as an example....."You can talk about Shaq all you want but Jordan or even Magic for that matter couldn't have won with Devean George, Tyronn Lue, Rick Fox, Greg Foster, and stanislav medvendeno. I mean come the **** on".....see what i did there?

Either way, it's stupid, you can't just say 'forget about scottie' or 'forget about shaq'. I bet when someone argues about Kobe you're the first to say "he wouldn't have won those championships without Shaq". That's the same thing as saying Jordan couldn't have won without pippen. Maybe it's true, but you don't know that. I'm not going to sit here and say Jordan couldn't win without Pippen, and you shouldn't say Kobe couldn't win without Shaq. it's bullshit both ways.

Tree Rollins

I am well aware of Scottie Pippen. I was alive, "watching" the games... Jordan never had an interior offensive/defensive prescence like Shaq/Gasol. How many teams have you seen win championships without the "big man" other the Jordan??? CASE CLOSED!
    You don't realize it, but guys like Dennis Rodman are as if not more important then a guy like Gasol. The 80's pistons and the early 2000's Pistons won titles without "the big man". And the Jazz, Sonics, Nets, Suns, Sixers etc have all gotten damn close with big men no worse then what the bulls had. You do need a great defensive presence inside, but not a great "interior offensive/defensive presence" like you think. You win titles with defense, not individual defense so much as team defense. Whether that's inside or outside or whatever, doesn't matter so much. The Pistons won a championship and went to 2 or 3 finals with Ben Wallace as their "big man". Ben was exact same type of player that Dennis Rodman was. Jordan won his titles b/c of unreal team defense that included guys like Rodman and Horace Grant down low. The Celtics win titles b/c of great team defense. You think they give Kobe such a hard time b/c Ray Allen is just that damn good? If you didn't know, Kobe used to light Ray up when he was in Seattle. What's the difference? It's b/c the Celtics guard him as a team and their rotations, effort, and help are fuking amazing. Championships are won on defense, and you can't say that Jordan didn't have at least 1 really really good defensive big man for any of his titles. I'll never understand this myth that Jordan carried these terrible teams to titles. Jordan was the best ever, but if you think Bulls teams weren't that good outside of him, then you don't understand what a good team is. For such a terrible team, they won 55 games and took the knicks to 7 games in the playoffs without him. That's pretty good for that shit hole of a front court they had.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: demens, and Pauulzcappin

Ralphie1412

How anyone can defend Kobe inbetween Shaq and Pau is beyond me. MJ NEVER ONCE was on the trading block

Kobe wanted out. BAD

Tree Rollins

How anyone can defend Kobe inbetween Shaq and Pau is beyond me. MJ NEVER ONCE was on the trading block Kobe wanted out. BAD
    I just did it. Here, in case you missed. If you come up with a response to any of this, please, post.

Quote Originally Posted by Tree Rollins View Post
    30 wins? They won 45 and 42 in those years, making the playoffs boths seasons. Nice try though. Smush Parker was the starting PG on that team. He's out of the league. Kwame Brown was the starting Center, he's barely in the league. Key parts of their rotation included Stanislav medvendenko, Brian Cook, and Chris Mihm who all played pretty big minutes. Honestly, outside of Kobe, this was one of the worst assembled teams in recent history. A lot of the key players are either out of the league or barely hanging on, and it's not b/c they got old.
    I was just listening to a Bill Simmons podcast on espn.com. Simmons is a diehard Celtic fan and trashes Kobe every chance he gets, he was talking about kobe in 06' when he had that shittty team with smush and kwame and the rest. This is Simmons quote about Kobe... "he was incredible in '06...his team sucked...but winning 45 games with that batch of crap that he had that year was amazing. That was one of the 5 most amazing things that happened the last decade"
    Oh you're talking the year after the Heat won 15 games, the season they had Jermaine o'neal, shawn marion, mario chalmers, dorrell wright, Udonis Haslem and michael beasley. Along with Dwyane Wade. Is that the season you're comparing to Kobes 06 team? Wade got 42 wins out of that team. To compare that to the 42 wins Kobe got with that pile of shit '06 team doesn't make sense to me.
    I'm not arguing that Kobe is better then Jordan or anything. Jordan is the man. There is no denying that. but when you say jordan never played with a great big man, maybe that's true, but he did have one of the the top 5 all-around players in the league on his team and a top 50 all-time guy in Scottie Pippen. It's not like Jordan was playing with scrubs, that's for damn sure.
    That is a weak argument b/c you could say that about literally any championship roster. If you ignore the best best 2 or 3 players ( in Jordans case a top 5 guy in the league in pippen and one of the best rebounders ever in Rodman) and then name the rest of the squad then of course it sounds bad. I'll do what you just did, using the shaq/kobe lakers as an example....."You can talk about Shaq all you want but Jordan or even Magic for that matter couldn't have won with Devean George, Tyronn Lue, Rick Fox, Greg Foster, and stanislav medvendeno. I mean come the **** on".....see what i did there? Either way, it's stupid, you can't just say 'forget about scottie' or 'forget about shaq'. I bet when someone argues about Kobe you're the first to say "he wouldn't have won those championships without Shaq". That's the same thing as saying Jordan couldn't have won without pippen. Maybe it's true, but you don't know that. I'm not going to sit here and say Jordan couldn't win without Pippen, and you shouldn't say Kobe couldn't win without Shaq. it's bullshit both ways.

Tree Rollins

How anyone can defend Kobe inbetween Shaq and Pau is beyond me. MJ NEVER ONCE was on the trading block Kobe wanted out. BAD
    I’m going to tell you something and you can believe it or not believe it. But I know it’s true. If Kobe had the personality of Jordan or Barkley, you and everyone else would be slobbering all over his nuts right now. People don’t like Kobe, and I don’t blame them, he’s not a very likeable guy. But I wish people would stop trying to take away from his accomplishments b/c of it. He probably has more haters then anyone in the history of the league. If you put his accomplishments out there, he matches up with Jordan fairly well. He’s not better, he’s not equal, but he’s about as close as anyone’s ever come. If he was a likeable guy, you would be hearing a lot people arguing that he’s just as good as Jordan. Jordan is god in a lot of people’s eyes, and I’m one of those people. People love him so much that he can do no wrong. If Kobe finished with 10 chips he still couldn’t win over guys like you. Because you just don’t like the guy. There’s comes a point though where people have to take off the blinders and respect the guys accomplishments. That will probably never happen, and that’s ok. You don’t have to slobber over the guy, but you don’t have to knock him all the time either.

Ralphie1412

I’m going to tell you something and you can believe it or not believe it. But I know it’s true. If Kobe had the personality of Jordan or Barkley, you and everyone else would be slobbering all over his nuts right now. People don’t like Kobe, and I don’t blame them, he’s not a very likeable guy. But I wish people would stop trying to take away from his accomplishments b/c of it. He probably has more haters then anyone in the history of the league. If you put his accomplishments out there, he matches up with Jordan fairly well. He’s not better, he’s not equal, but he’s about as close as anyone’s ever come. If he was a likeable guy, you would be hearing a lot people arguing that he’s just as good as Jordan. Jordan is god in a lot of people’s eyes, and I’m one of those people. People love him so much that he can do no wrong. If Kobe finished with 10 chips he still couldn’t win over guys like you. Because you just don’t like the guy. There’s comes a point though where people have to take off the blinders and respect the guys accomplishments. That will probably never happen, and that’s ok. You don’t have to slobber over the guy, but you don’t have to knock him all the time either.
    I like Kobe, Im not one of those people. I respect the shit out of his game. I really stepped up my respect for him when I saw that Spike Lee Kobe Doin work. He is really a smart player. I always enjoy watching him play. But hes not even on the same PLANET as MJ. Kobe could not get it done with the likes of a luc longley at center. No way. He needs a dominant big game. Michael could play small, big, fast, half court.

Tree Rollins

I like Kobe, Im not one of those people. I respect the shit out of his game. I really stepped up my respect for him when I saw that Spike Lee Kobe Doin work. He is really a smart player. I always enjoy watching him play. But hes not even on the same PLANET as MJ. Kobe could not get it done with the likes of a luc longley at center. No way. He needs a dominant big game. Michael could play small, big, fast, half court.
    Well, I'm not going to argue Kobe vs. MJ, that was really never my intention. I just feel like people spend a lot of time trying to put Kobe down and i disagree with it. I respect the way you feel about MJ, he was the man. I miss watching him play and I'm going to miss watching Kobe too. When i watch him play it bothers me that he's going to get old and be gone. When guys are as good as MJ and Kobe I wish they could just keep playing. Anyway, we can agree to disagree about Kobe if you want, I've said my piece.

The Architect
    The Architect's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 702

Is you wanna base it on something like that then d-wade would be the best player every look at what he did with that heat team those 2 years after winning 15 games
    wade is one of the best players to ever play this game. he will be top 10 after his run with lebron. behind kobe, he is the best scorer of his era. maybe durant will surpass him in the near future, but hes going to have to single handedly win an nba championship to even be considered. wade will win multiple rings and will be forever considered better than lebron james (atleast in the rings dept). hes easily in the discussion for top 3 guards of all time, definitely top 5. what he did in the 2006 Finals is legendary. down 2-0, all he does is drop 40 a night against the team the best record that year for 4 straight games to bring the ship to miami. Jordan, Kobe, Wade.

withthe "jordan" question, it really has only come close to being answered by kobe bryant. he is just as dynamic a scorer as jordan was. definitely the better shooter of the two. both, in their primes, extremely explosive - but it was jordan's explosiveness that allowed him to dominate the league like no 1 player has ever done before or after him. he jumped out of the gym and his love for flare seemed to make him that much harder to stop. on a standard night he got in your head, would shut you down defensively, and would only miss 5 shots the entire game and drop 35 without breaking a sweat. this is what you expected, and if you didn't get it, you were either somewhat disappointed or awestruck in amazement.
    Last edited by The Architect; 12-31-10 at 12:23 AM.

dherd
    dherd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 70

they will turn i back on i a few weeks, then make the championship run. they have a great jockey.

Goat Milk

I still have Jordan on my first all time fool, but Kobe is second, and you arguing whether he is even top 5 is ridiculous. You think its about fg percentage? Because Shaq shot 10% better than Jordan in some seasons is he better? Kobe is not as efficient but he makes up for it with the unique intangibles. Kobe shoots way more threes and jump shots too. Jordan tried to get to the rim whenever he could. He didn't even like taking threes unless he was open

1. Jordan
    2. Kobe
    3. Magic
    4. Kareem
    5. Big O/Bird

Goat Milk

If Kobe wins this year with this playign field he is the best ever. Jordan never played against a team like the Heat, no one has, 2 of the 3 undisputed best players in the world on one team. Nevermind the Celtics of last year. Please, who did Jordan beat in the finals that would beat the Celtics in a 7 game series

lyon804

Goat Milk.. always the inferiority complex with you and the subsequent BS that follows... Never, said Kobe wasn't top 5.. You made that up.. I simply said the gap between Jordan vs Kobe is larger than you and the media has portrayed. Yes, I saw both play in there prime. Thanks!

I should have never made the mistake of coming to a thread that involved you... A "FANDOM" thread at that... which is USELESS...other than just shits n giggles.. No profit to be gained in this manner...

kman27

If Kobe wins this year with this playign field he is the best ever. Jordan never played against a team like the Heat, no one has, 2 of the 3 undisputed best players in the world on one team. Nevermind the Celtics of last year. Please, who did Jordan beat in the finals that would beat the Celtics in a 7 game series
    lol...

That Jazz team that Jordan beat in less than 6 games...i mean they only kept knocking out the kobe and the lakers i wanna say in 5 games lol both times i think

Lakers

Portland

would all them

And Seattle/Suns would possibly beat them in 7. Or maybe he would win one of them

sooooo?

There is a reason why none of these finals went past 6 games. Jordan isnt known as the best closer for no reason

First 123 Last