Rod1010
    Rod1010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Inner chest workout ???? need help asap.

pretty ripped everywhere else . just can get my inner chest to get that buff..

anyone here know what i could do ?? haters are welcome too

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9788

this is winter time, time to bulkup and build some muscle. But yeh i do know the answer, but i will waiit till everyone else is done so i can tell you the truth. Can't wait for someone to say do bench presses, 3 sets or 4 sets of whatever, blah blah blah

Rod1010

just cant**

Irish Lumberjack
    Irish Lumberjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2332

Chest flies. Not on a machine free weights. Dumbel press with a twist. Just like a regular press but finish with the inside of your wrists together.
    Points Awarded:

Rod1010 gave Irish Lumberjack 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

if you're trying to build that line down the center of the pecs, dumbbell flyes is the best thing you can do. It will give your pecs depth and make them look more defined.
    Points Awarded:

Rod1010 gave Tree Rollins 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

Please focus on your form or you're wasting your time. Slow and controlled, not too much weight, and you can look on youtube or something if you need to to see the proper form. Personally, When i do dumbbell flyes i take them as deep as i can, comfortably, on the way down to stretch the pec as much as possible, this seems to help me build better definition.
    Points Awarded:

guitarjosh
    guitarjosh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9436

I've heard that close grip bench press will work your inner pecs along with triceps.

ttwarrior1

okay i will help

1. Decline dumbell or cable fly. Super slow lifting with no momentum. Turn the cables or dumbells in
    like the guy above said, like a twist.
    Your pinky's should be touching at the end of the lift. Don't worry about the weight being used.
    Do warmup sets and 1 set to failure. None of this 3 sets crap

You can also do it on the flat bench but best on the decline.

Sqweeze and flex your inner chest at the end of the movement with the cable or dumbell.

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

It is all the same pectoralis major. There is no exercise to build up part of it. You have to build the whole thing and bench presses are the best to do that. You cannot build up one part of a specific muscle. It is impossible. When the whole muscle grows the inner part will look bigger.

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

just do fukin pushups

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

Dips!!!

Rod1010

Quote Originally Posted by THE PROFIT View Post
    just do fukin pushups
    i do that with my hands close 2gether so i can get that inner chest buff but its enough ..

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

I like boobies

Masu485
    Masu485's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12813

Rod,

Seer is correct, you cannot add mass to a certain part of a muscle exclusively. You should work out the whole pec with heavy exercises and the mass will come. The pec is only divided into two muscles (some may even argue it's just one). Whichever part becomes more prominent is just genetics.

Of course, a very valuable piece of information is that you will NEVER find a consensus on a certain topic, whether it's exercises, supplements etc... everyone will tell you something different. The best thing is to try out everything and see what works for you specifically. Genetics play a giant part, and no one knows your body better than you.

Where do you train? downtown?

Rod1010

train at fit for life masu and i train trystar gym for my muay thai training ...

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

Quote Originally Posted by Rod1010 View Post
    pretty ripped everywhere else . just can get my inner chest to get that buff..

anyone here know what i could do ?? haters are welcome too
    You want like mine. It'll cost ya for the secret. There's a pic of my man boobs on this forum.

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

1. close gripped push-ups
    2. close gripped bench press (i use a curl bar for these)
    3. dumbell flys
    4. cable cross overs

when I do these I make sure a have a slow, controlled form...helps to count 3 secs up and 3 sec down each rep and also like to do high reps, 18 to 20 as opposed to regular 10-12 when I'm going for definition.

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Anyone remotely familiar with lifting weights (I guess this means not you) would say flys or close-grip bench/dumbell/push-ups.

Something particularly effective would be to do machine flys and do resistance reps by squeezing both handles together until you give out and slowly release back to starting position.

Also unbelievably wrong to those who say "you can't build up inner chest". You're telling me chest is chest and there's no difference between wide-grip and close-grip?

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Quote Originally Posted by Sunde91 View Post
    Anyone remotely familiar with lifting weights (I guess this means not you) would say flys or close-grip bench/dumbell/push-ups. Also unbelievably wrong to those who say "you can't build up inner chest". You're telling me chest is chest and there's no difference between wide-grip and close-grip?
    What I'm saying is you build the whole muscle, not parts of it. The pecs contract as one unit and grows the same. You cannot stress or contract the inner portion of the pecs any more than you can the outer portion simply because the pec muscle contracts as 1 total unit. It does not contract in one area more than another area of the muscle. Inner pec development or shape is mainly dependent on genetics & diet. Sure there is a difference in wide grips and close grips. They vary the stress placed on the triceps and anterior deltoids versus the pecs. Trust me, I've been a strength coach, personal trainer, & probably one of the only posters here to win an NPC National qualifier. This info is correct, not some gym heresay like most posters that are remotely familiar with.
    Last edited by The Seer; 12-28-10 at 12:38 AM.

ttwarrior1

only exercise needed is the decline or flat dumbell or cable fly where you turn your hands the other way at the end of the lift and squeeze.

Saying you can't stress a certain part of the muscle is innacurate. I love all the people that say they are certified. Who certifies the certifier and who certifies them? Noone.

You can build and shape your inner chest with that movement.
    Mike mentzer, dorian yates, larry scott, marcus reihardt, jay cutler, arthur jones all agree with me.

As a matter of fact you can probaly stand up now,, do a standing fly and turn your hands in and you will feel it in your lower inner chest.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Dude your inner chest and outer chest cannot be targeted... Your inner chest is smaller because they are less fibers... Just get in more calories,carbs and protein and your whole chest will grow...

ttwarrior1

Yes they can be targeted. I guess your one of those people that says you can't lose weight off your stomach by doing ab crunches also. YOU CAN.
    Of course if he has one of those chests with like a 4 inch spread at the bottom, he won't build alot, but if you don't do specific exercises it won't grow.

You can even gain bicep muscle by doing a preacher curl with your pinky higher then your thumb. You can even try it now with no weight.

Reminds me when i was telling people that carbs can turn to fat and u can lose weight eating fat with protein and people wanted to lock me up in a mental institution.

ewrestling4c
    ewrestling4c's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Seer you are 100% correct and trying to fight one of the biggest myths out there. I am a coach and lifting instructor and all of my fellow coaches tell these kids to do all types of crazy things because it focuses on this or that. Just eat right! Work hard!! The gains will come. If you want some great information go to defrancostraining.com. He is one of the best trainers out there and gives a ton of great information for free. T-Nation also has a ton of great information from all different of the top guys.

Chugs
    Chugs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 594

Quote Originally Posted by Masu485 View Post
    Rod,

Seer is correct, you cannot add mass to a certain part of a muscle exclusively. You should work out the whole pec with heavy exercises and the mass will come. The pec is only divided into two muscles (some may even argue it's just one). Whichever part becomes more prominent is just genetics.

Of course, a very valuable piece of information is that you will NEVER find a consensus on a certain topic, whether it's exercises, supplements etc... everyone will tell you something different. The best thing is to try out everything and see what works for you specifically. Genetics play a giant part, and no one knows your body better than you.

Where do you train? downtown?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Seer View Post
    What I'm saying is you build the whole muscle, not parts of it. The pecs contract as one unit and grows the same. You cannot stress or contract the inner portion of the pecs any more than you can the outer portion simply because the pec muscle contracts as 1 total unit. It does not contract in one area more than another area of the muscle. Inner pec development or shape is mainly dependent on genetics & diet. Sure there is a difference in wide grips and close grips. They vary the stress placed on the triceps and anterior deltoids versus the pecs. Trust me, I've been a strength coach, personal trainer, & probably one of the only posters here to win an NPC National qualifier. This info is correct, not some gym heresay like most posters that are remotely familiar with.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    Dude your inner chest and outer chest cannot be targeted... Your inner chest is smaller because they are less fibers... Just get in more calories,carbs and protein and your whole chest will grow...
    What these guys said ... You cant target a specific area of a single muscle. Thats like saying you want to get the upper part of your bicept bigger, it doesnt work like that, your bicept is your bicept, and grows as one muscle.

JDUB07
    Houston Cougars!!!
    JDUB07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

Yeah dumbell flies are the best in my opinion. My 24 hour fitness has the standing dumbell fly machine which is perfect for it.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Flat bench flies with free weights is an ideal work out for the inner chest. During your range of motion stop movement 3 times and hold for approx. 5 seconds then continue your regular range of motion work out. The whole time concentrate on isolating the chest muscle as much as you can. This should yield noticeable results in as little as a few weeks. Good luck.

JuicedUp
    JuicedUp's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6172

dlweaver
    one day at a time....
    dlweaver's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

hahaha Dumbell flys work best

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

I would listen to what The Seer says. He has the body to prove his methods work.

Aristocles
    Aristocles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by The Seer View Post
    I tend to agree.

That stated, just do some Weighted Dips, Flats, Cleans & Presses. And watch your diet. More than likely that will help develop those pecs and recruit those fibers par excellence; but if it doesn't then those cleans & presses will make you a tough sonofabitch, so it's a winner either way

No NPC qualifier winner but I competed in powerlifting meets for many years; did pretty well. . . took a toll on my health though

Old Fat Powerlifter

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

May want to ask jj...heard he invented the Zumba dance workout...dude is stacked

Metanoia
    Metanoia's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dumbell flies and cable crossovers, also close grip bench press will help to bring up your inner chest. Okay it's true that in anatomy the inner chest doesn't exist, also it's true that you can't totally isolate some part of your muscles, BUT you can hit more a certain part with specific exercises, the ones who say you can't hit your inner chest because the whole chest works together are forgetting one simple thing, though it's true that all muscle fibers work at the same time, they do not all move in the same direction, that's why it's possible to hit specific parts of a muscle more than others.

I'll give other examples, if you do hack or front squats instead of back squats, you'll hit more your lower quads, and you can find examples in any muscle group.

venice2222
    venice2222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2354

Get pec implants.

ttwarrior1

these guys are wrong, u can target the inner lower chest with the cable and dumbell fly but only if you turn the dumbells around at the end top and sqweeze in a slow controlled manner. You can hit more of a certain spot with specific exercises, just like you can hit a different part of your quad by doing leg extensions with toes up, a close grip pulldown vs wide grip, various curls and squatting in a different position.

12 Last