$Burm$
    $Burm$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by biggamer3 View Post
    That punt on 4th down was so dumb stupid
    Was thinking the same thing.

JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

they were pretty impressive on the road this year.......

linedrivr
    I'm your huckleberry
    linedrivr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 432

Quote Originally Posted by mvp123 View Post
    well he didnt send me one so ill say it , if you owe the man a cheap ass 50 buck bet and you were not going to pay it it tells me alot about your character but i already had that figured out way before your shit with paco ....you the big bad lb and dont have 500 pts so why would you even make a wager if you didnt have it in case you lost ? now are you saying you dont have 50 dolla lol ....i hate when gamblers welch on bets ....pay the man his 50 bucks and stop being cheap even if dude would rather take pts , man up dude !!!!
    "if you owe the man a cheap ass 50 buck bet and you were not going to pay it" I didn't see a post from LB stating he wasn't paying the man.

"id say 500 would cover it, was a $50 bet but i dont feel like giving out my paypal address in a post since your pms are off and hell id have more fun with the points."

you should re-read Brooks post above. The bet was NOT for 500 points. According to Brooks, the bet was for $50 bucks. It's not LB's fault Brooks decided he didn't want to use paypal and changed it to points. If he wanted the $50 bucks, I am fairly certain he would have already been paid. If you request to change to 500 points, the man has to wait until the points are accumulated. Pretty cut and dry.

LB may be alot of things but stiff is not one I have run across.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

Is the bandwagon emptying already?????

riggs
    riggs's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not if they play the Eagles...

They got a shot at every other team as long as they're at home (IMHO)

obamaismyuncle
    obamaismyuncle's Avatar Become A Pro!

I can see ATL beating the Bears, or Rams/Seahawks, that is it.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Falcons were out early two seasons ago, and can build on that. Saints have no balance on offense, which makes them very vulnerable, and unlikely candidates for a deep playoff run. Last night, with much more on the line for the Saints than Falcons, New Orleans had 13 minutes more time-of-possession and won by only 3 pts... Do you think the Saints will have that kind of TOP edge again next time?

djm134
    djm134's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

They are a solid team, but there are no dominant teams in the NFC.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Since the Falcons are going to play the Saints in a few weeks again they did not run any plays on offense to give Saints time to prepare. Do you honestly think they don't have plays for Tony Gonzalez to score in the end zone with the ball on 1st and goal? Falcons saved all the plays for offense when it matters in 3 weeks.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    This team is pretty decent no doubt but I could easily see them going out in game 1 at home after being so dominant at home. I'm not impressed with them. They seemed to have found ways to win but I think gb or phi could go into the dome and get the win. They are well coached and prepared every game and have Matty ice but its still the falcons. I think they go one and done. Thoughts?
    Because they lost at home on a 4th quarter TD to the reigning Super Bowl champs in a game that could have easily gone the other way?

Doc

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Since the Falcons are going to play the Saints in a few weeks again they did not run any plays on offense to give Saints time to prepare. Do you honestly think they don't have plays for Tony Gonzalez to score in the end zone with the ball on 1st and goal? Falcons saved all the plays for offense when it matters in 3 weeks.

i like your post because of the thought process and i completely agree that the playcalling was very ordinary and certainly did not involve enough tony gonzalez and there was no reverses, lack of screens, lack of anything outside of strict textbook run to open up the pass offense.

that being said, i dont think they held any plays out on purpose. you do not throw away any potential beneficial plays in a game that can secure home field advantage throughout the playoffs. furthermore, it would've given them a chance to relax a bit against the panthers. it really would've put them in great shape all around to win that game.

so no i disagree on that. if the playcalling was ordinary, it was because the guy calling the plays was ordinary.

eonizuka
    eonizuka's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think you gotta give credit to the Saints defense last night. Falcons are gonna be fine. They lost by a field goal to the red hot defending champs and now suddenly everyone writes them off as overrated. I think they are still one of the three best teams in the NFC right now. It doesn't mean they will make it to the championships but if they can lock up the division next week and be able to play at home then I like their chances.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

So you are saying the falcons threw this game?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc JS View Post
    Because they lost at home on a 4th quarter TD to the reigning Super Bowl champs in a game that could have easily gone the other way?

Doc

Doc the saints outgained atl big time. sure brees was under alot of pressure and made some ill advised decisions but the saints still found a way to win in the georgia dome- not many teams can say that.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

No the Falcons didn't throw this game. They didn't run any plays in offense that didn't want the Saints to see.

Richkas
    Richkas's Avatar Become A Pro!

Atlanta is ranked 26th in yards per play on offense

and 23rd in yards per play against

Considering there is only 32 teams, to me they shouldnt be 8-8

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

For the record I think atl is a good team just feel that it could end quickly for them

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

will fall short of making super bowl that's for sure. no one wants to see an atlanta/ne superbowl anyway.

arkie boy
    arkie boy's Avatar Become A Pro!

sure thing

they will stomp carolina next. tnen n.o.

obamaismyuncle

lol

obamaismyuncle

No the Falcons didn't throw this game. They didn't run any plays in offense that didn't want the Saints to see.

maybe the Saints didn't run plays that they didn't want the Falcons to see...if the who dat nation meets the Falcons in the playoffs, it will be a blood bath. Saints win easily, but I guess time will tell. Matty Ice and Mike Smith are no Sean Payton and Drew Brees. Saints are a very dangerous team right now. Falcons are like the minnesota twins of the nfl, good regular season, beat up on some shit teams then get waxed right away in the playoffs.

mgcolby
    mgcolby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 498

If NO goes there in the division round I think they lose. GB and Philly will give them a tough game but the Falcons can beat them.

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

Quote Originally Posted by obamaismyuncle View Post
    lol
    serious lol. dumber than dumb.

BennyFang
    BennyFang's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10582

I will preface what i say that I am a Falcon fan but don't judge the team by the product you saw last night. Remember, they knew that they would only have to beat the worst team in the NFL at home next Sunday to get their #1 seed anyway. Their game plans were way different than normal. Defensively, they must have blitzed on over 50% of their plays.....very unusual. They haven't been much of a blitzing team since Van Gorder became DC in '08. Their offense was vanilla, plain and simple. Granted, Ryan did not have a good game at all. I consider that the defensive approach was risky but they were playing with house money on this game. I think it worked out well...held the Saints to 17 pts and now it gives playoff opponents something else to think about in their planning. Offensively, I think they approached it much like a preseason game with regard to game plan. I think they would win a rematch with the Saints....the Eagles concern me because of the extreme emotion that will accompany that game with Vick, etc.

james4512
    james4512's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 139

if they play like they did last night the rams could game take them down, be weary you might get a packers +4 and they could easily take them down

headhunter34
    headhunter34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 559

they have all the pieces on offense... if they can get steady play from their defense they might have a shot at the super bowl

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Packers....2007 Eli & the Giants run...beat Chicago twice then beat Atlanta....actually sounds pretty tough for the Pack once I reread it...lol!

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Turner fumbled on the goal line or it would have been a different game. Turner rarely fumbles. I hope the line is small when they play the Saints again because I'll pound the piss out of it. The Falcons don't match up well against the Eagles, but they should beat everyone else in the dome coming off of a bye week.

rockhardfister
    rockhardfister's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Quote Originally Posted by steelers7889 View Post
    ATL is a shit team cant even win a game that matters
    Yeah I Agree. Like the first Saints game, beating the Packers when Rogers was red hot, the Ravens and beating the Bucs 2x. Those games didnt matter like the one last night that they really needed to win because they cant beat the Panthers in the final week to clinch the #1 seed.

Another Dumb Ass Steeler Fan.

rockhardfister
    rockhardfister's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

The Falcons will nickel and dime the Eagles all game. Eagles cant stop the run.

kcDdegenerate
    kcDdegenerate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

We are in the last week of the season and people still think Atlanta is a feel good story..Bet against them in the playoffs and see what happens,Im sure the lines will be pretty small

coinpusha
    coinpusha's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

ATL is going to the NFC championship game.

mitmur1998
    mitmur1998's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

You can read some of these post and it is easy to see why people lose so much money betting. Just saying.

nyed1010
    nyed1010's Avatar Become A Pro!

They have home field pretty much locked up, all they have to do is beat the panthers. Although 19-1 just became 19-2, matty ice and the falcons are still 19-2 at the dome and will still be tough at home whoever they play in the divisional round. The way the seeds look right now, they'll probably play GB cause philly looks awful right now. GB will be a tough match up with GB's D and Aaron rodgers looking good coming back from the concussion. So it's def possible falcons are one and done, but home field will be big for them.

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

They will beat carolinA

Grux
    Grux's Avatar Become A Pro!

They will make the NFC Championship game. I hope they play green bay. That would be a fun game to watch.
    Last edited by Grux; 12-29-10 at 12:11 PM.

First 123 Last