obamaismyuncle
    obamaismyuncle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Betting on sports has gotten boring...

Has nothing to do with winning or losing, it has just gotten down right boring placing bets on games. I make maybe 15-20 bets a week(no I am not one of them that needs to bet everyday). Started betting around 2 years ago and up around $8,000 in that time give or take a few hundred. I didn't start betting as a source of income, but just as a hobby-I already have more money then I will ever need(sounds like I am bragging but I'm not it's the truth). SBR was the reason I started betting on sports to begin with, I found this site when WSEX didn't want to pay out my cash I had won on their site playing poker.

Any one else ever get just flat out bored with betting on sports? Still love watching games, but betting has become boring..

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

I'm at that stage right now. Can't bring myself to place one bet and it's been like that for close to 3 weeks. Not sure what happened because I was on a hot streak in the NBA but I think I just overdosed on it all. I'm not even upset when people send me winners and I didn't jump on. Just happy that my friends made money.

The real test for me will be when tennis starts up in a couple of weeks. If I'm still not into it I may just give it all up for good.

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

yes I find it gets boring sometimes too I bet for fun aswell but I like betting on a game I watch for a few bucks or some props...but at The end of the day if I lost all the money in my account I would be fine its just nice to have it there

Hotdiggity11
    Hotdiggity11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 135

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    I'm at that stage right now. Can't bring myself to place one bet and it's been like that for close to 3 weeks. Not sure what happened because I was on a hot streak in the NBA but I think I just overdosed on it all. I'm not even upset when people send me winners and I didn't jump on. Just happy that my friends made money.

The real test for me will be when tennis starts up in a couple of weeks. If I'm still not into it I may just give it all up for good.

Take a break and wait for the exciting games down the stretch. Too much betting takes the fun out of what watching sports is supposed to be about [Cheering for your favorite team, watching your rivals go down in flames, last second miracles, etc etc] instead of biting your fingernails over whether a 52 yard FG will kill your under or a garbage 3-pointer will hit to help you cover.

jw
    jw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6737

Stick a few $2 bets on the ponies at Santa Anita tomorrow ... if horse racing does not get your juices flowing again .. nothing will ...

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Obama start betting $500 a fukkin game and see if it is fukkin boring

Bet with scared fukkin money and see if it is fukkin boring

You not pushing your limits enough

Hotdiggity11
    Hotdiggity11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 135

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

When ATP starts up Shari you will relapse I'm most certain.

obamaismyuncle

Sounds like you lost interest in it just like myself..every week I usually have a couple of NFL games I really like and make bets on and haven't even really looked at the lines for tomorrow. I did place a $25 FP on the Ravens tho..

brxbmbers42
    brxbmbers42's Avatar Become A Pro!

thats one of the reasons i quit. havent placed a bet in 40 days and dont miss it one bit. gets very monotonous after 15 yrs and about 300k down the tubes.

obamaismyuncle

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

Betting more wouldn't do a thing for me..

obamaismyuncle

Quote Originally Posted by brxbmbers42 View Post
    thats one of the reasons i quit. havent placed a bet in 40 days and dont miss it one bit. gets very monotonous after 15 yrs and about 300k down the tubes.

whoa! Not a bet in 40 days? wow, nice work. This whole betting thing has never been the addiction for me that I've heard others talk about..I've went a week or two in the past couple of years without placing a bet. I have 5 fully funded accts and no motivation to place bets. All my bets for the past week or so have been really small just for action bets for the most part, and I could have easily not placed them at all but did so feeling like I had to.

nli07
    nli07's Avatar Become A Pro!

300k????

Thats a lot of money lost....

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by BeatTheJerk View Post
    When ATP starts up Shari you will relapse I'm most certain.

Yeah you're probably right. It's not like I even made a decision not to gamble or anything. I was just sitting with a friend one day watching our boys play when it dawned on me that I was sitting there having a normal conversation without secretly hoping the Clippers shit the bed again. Felt really good actually.

I realize I'm lucky though. Most people take a break because they're forced to one way or another. I actually have more cash available for gambling right now than I've had in probably 6 months but just can't bring myself to click submit.

brxbmbers42
    brxbmbers42's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by nli07 View Post
    300k????

Thats a lot of money lost....
    over 15 yrs not really. and i could be off 50k either way. didnt keep track.

obamaismyuncle

Quote Originally Posted by brxbmbers42 View Post
    over 15 yrs not really. and i could be off 50k either way. didnt keep track.

You think you will ever bet again?

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11953

i on the same boat.

i actually think SBR has turned me off to gambling somewhat.

thats not to say im going to quit but nowadays i may put in 2-3 bets a week, seldom more then that.

as others have mentioned, maybe its due to the season. I'm big on college hoops once football is over and love to bet baseball.

some people are up to the daily grind, but i'm not one of those people. i made decent money this year off cbb and mlb that i don't want to go over my head and lose most of that back.

obamaismyuncle

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyburrito View Post
    i on the same boat.

i actually think SBR has turned me off to gambling somewhat.

thats not to say im going to quit but nowadays i may put in 2-3 bets a week, seldom more then that.

as others have mentioned, maybe its due to the season. I'm big on college hoops once football is over and love to bet baseball.

some people are up to the daily grind, but i'm not one of those people. i made decent money this year off cbb and mlb that i don't want to go over my head and lose most of that back.

I think this is true in my case as well..heard a few others mention it too..it soon may come to me just logging in making my one post, collecting my points and leaving'..

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party

Quote Originally Posted by obamaismyuncle View Post
    I think this is true in my case as well..heard a few others mention it too..it soon may come to me just logging in making my one post, collecting my points and leaving'..
    don't get me wrong here, I enjoy talking to alot of posters here.

but in terms of gambling info, its getting worse.

everything is a dick-measuring contest here, and more and more threads just boil down to shouting matches.

all the sub-forums are like that. at least in PT people can crack a laugh. anyone who says the sub-forums are much more chill are fuckin crazy.

i do fine with my own research that i don't want/care to read the opinions of the so-called big time cappers here. alot of its just fluff that can throw me off.

i think, basically, i wouldn't want to end up like a lot of guys here where their rep. and confidence are dependent on how many winners they pick on this board.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: obamaismyuncle

obamaismyuncle

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyburrito View Post
    don't get me wrong here, I enjoy talking to alot of posters here.

but in terms of gambling info, its getting worse.

everything is a dick-measuring contest here, and more and more threads just boil down to shouting matches.

all the sub-forums are like that. at least in PT people can crack a laugh. anyone who says the sub-forums are much more chill are fuckin crazy.

i do fine with my own research that i don't want/care to read the opinions of the so-called big time cappers here. alot of its just fluff that can throw me off.

i think, basically, i wouldn't want to end up like a lot of guys here where their rep. and confidence are dependent on how many winners they pick on this board.
    well said

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Betting on sports makes things more interesting.

JDUB07
    Houston Cougars!!!
    JDUB07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

No problem in taking a break.. I know I did. Sportsbetting is no different then anything else- After awhile it gets boring like anything else!!!

venice2222
    venice2222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2354

i agree completely

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

I don't know that it's so much boring for me now but it's not fun anymore that's for sure. It's all about money to me now, just trying to win some back but it just gets worse. Don't even get that joy out of winning anymore, the moment I know I've won I'm on to another game trying to double that up.

dngf
    Update your status
    dngf's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 85284

Interesting discussion. I would agree that for just info on picks I go to two other sites for threads to get what I think is better info on picks, but the general discussions here in the player talk forum are fun to participate and you do collect the points.

As to the gambling, it has taken a few years for me to learn that just because I looked at the game doesn't mean I have to play it, so I play fewer games than in the past.

Cicima6709
    Cicima6709's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1565

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    I don't know that it's so much boring for me now but it's not fun anymore that's for sure. It's all about money to me now, just trying to win some back but it just gets worse. Don't even get that joy out of winning anymore, the moment I know I've won I'm on to another game trying to double that up.
    Feel the same way.

When you win, its not a big deal because its expected, but when you lose, it sucks, and you try to win elsewhere...just diggin yourself a hole.

I feel like i dont get as excited when i win...and i get pretty upset when i lose.

Need to change up my way of approaching betting...start having more fun and enjoying the actual sport more often rather then worrying about stupid spreads and totals.

obamaismyuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Cicima6709 View Post
    Feel the same way.

When you win, its not a big deal because its expected, but when you lose, it sucks, and you try to win elsewhere...just diggin yourself a hole.

I feel like i dont get as excited when i win.
    ..and i get pretty upset when i lose.

Need to change up my way of approaching betting...start having more fun and enjoying the actual sport more often rather then worrying about stupid spreads and totals.

This is me too..when I placed my first couple of bets I thought it was the coolest thing ever. Now the excitement has worn off and win or lose it's just not fun anymore. I been hearing more and more people say the same things too.

As I said above this was never meant as a source of income, just as a hobby. I have 5 fully funded books and no motivation to place any real decent amount wagers. I am not gonna force myself to bet, so if the excitement doesn't return I will not bet. But I will log into SBR daily and make my one post to collect my points
    Last edited by obamaismyuncle; 12-25-10 at 11:31 PM.

Rod1010
    Rod1010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

will stop betting today. i only bet 1-2 games a week and i agree that its boring ... ppl who have lives find it boring .

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Not yet Obama.

I love this shit.

Even these small 1-2x plays, gotta cover 3 points, up by 4 other team has the ball with 10 sec on the clock, makes my dick hard..... Or limp if the other team scores.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: stealthyburrito

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Not yet Obama.

I love this shit.

Even these small 1-2x plays, gotta cover 3 points, up by 4 other team has the ball with 10 sec on the clock, makes my dick hard..... Or limp if the other team scores.

mrader59
    mrader59's Avatar Become A Pro!

Betting on sports makes things more interesting.

nli07
    nli07's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think moderation is key to everything. This same lack of excitement after a while can be applied to everything.

Even when Im playing BLACKOPS on PS3 which is my happiest time, after 6 hrs of non stop BLACKOPS, i get bored

CougarSports
    CougarSports's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Not yet Obama.

I love this shit.

CougarSports
    CougarSports's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gambling is like drug & alcohol... You said you stop many times, but then ended up betting again & again... If you win, you want to bet more. Never want to stop.

obamaismyuncle

Quote Originally Posted by CougarSports View Post
    Gambling is like drug & alcohol... You said you stop many times, but then ended up betting again & again... If you win, you want to bet more. Never want to stop.
    it's not like a drug or alcohol to me, it's like a hobby and I treat it as such. If I was losing money I would have quit long ago.

12 Last