1. #36
    big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-09-09
    Posts: 3,374
    Betpoints: 1426

    Thought this was going to be another Reggie Bush v. Frank Gore thread

  2. #37
    DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-17-09
    Posts: 91,502
    Betpoints: 7690

    Quote Originally Posted by DrStale View Post
    I would say the team with more runs should be the winner.

    I am not saying George Bush should not have won based on the law, I am saying he should not have won based on logic and reason. The electoral college was designed in a completely different era because of a lack of trust in voters and inaccurate tracking of votes. There is no reason for the electoral college to exist today.
    really?

    Game 1 - NYY 3-2

    Game 2 - NYY 3-2
    Game 3 - PHI 9-0
    Game 4 - NYY 3-2
    Game 5 - PHI 9-0
    Game 6 - PHI 9-0
    Game 7 - NYY 3-2

    NYY win 4 games out of 7 but were out scored 35 - 12

    who should be the world series champ?

  3. #38
    Carseller4
    Carseller4's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-22-09
    Posts: 19,620
    Betpoints: 1627

    I find it funny, but predicable, that lefties are still crying about this 10 years later. I also find it funny now that Bush has left office he has a higher approval rating right now than Hussein Obama.

  4. #39
    the woodpile
    the woodpile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-24-10
    Posts: 52

    Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    funny how that works out
    \



    Bush Set to Fight An Electoral College Loss
    NY Daily News November 1, 2000

    They're not only thinking the unthinkable, they're planning for it. Quietly, some of George W. Bush's advisers are
    preparing for the ultimate "what if" scenario:

    What happens if Bush wins the popular vote for President, but loses
    because Al Gore's won the majority of electoral votes?



    "Then we win," says a Gore aide. "You play by the rules in force
    at the time. If the nation were really outraged by the possibility,
    then the system would have been changed long ago. The history is clear."


    http://www.bartcop.com/111tie.htm

  5. #40
    DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-07-08
    Posts: 9,692

    Quote Originally Posted by RonPaul2008 View Post

    That is not accurate at all. The Electoral College was necessary to get the smaller states to ratify the Constitution.
    Yeah, what I said is definitely still accurate. Sure, giving smaller states a stronger sense of power was important too, but Hamilton et al were definitely worried about how ill-informed the voting populace was when it came to voting in the leader of their country. They wanted "knowledgeable" electors in place in case the public was swayed into making decisions the founders disagreed with.

  6. #41
    RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 06-08-07
    Posts: 6,709
    Betpoints: 7111

    Quote Originally Posted by DrStale View Post
    Yeah, what I said is definitely still accurate. Sure, giving smaller states a stronger sense of power was important too, but Hamilton et al were definitely worried about how ill-informed the voting populace was when it came to voting in the leader of their country. They wanted "knowledgeable" electors in place in case the public was swayed into making decisions the founders disagreed with.
    You are correct...I changed my post. There were several reasons and mistrust of the voters was one of them.

  7. #42
    DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-07-08
    Posts: 9,692

    Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post

    really?

    Game 1 - NYY 3-2

    Game 2 - NYY 3-2
    Game 3 - PHI 9-0
    Game 4 - NYY 3-2
    Game 5 - PHI 9-0
    Game 6 - PHI 9-0
    Game 7 - NYY 3-2

    NYY win 4 games out of 7 but were out scored 35 - 12

    who should be the world series champ?
    You're better than turning my argument into a strawman Dwight. An election is one event, for example the Super Bowl, the team who has the most points wins the game, it's as simple as that. You don't get more points based on where or how you score them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Carseller4 View Post
    I find it funny, but predicable, that lefties are still crying about this 10 years later. I also find it funny now that Bush has left office he has a higher approval rating right now than Hussein Obama.
    I find it funny when people show their ignorance by going for a cheap victory by trotting out the guy's name. Clearly he is a bad President, he has the same name as a bad guy.

    Also, none of the "lefties" would be saying anything "10 years later" if the "righties" hadn't made this thread 10 years later.

  8. #43
    Carseller4
    Carseller4's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-22-09
    Posts: 19,620
    Betpoints: 1627

    Quote Originally Posted by DrStale View Post
    Also, none of the "lefties" would be saying anything "10 years later" if the "righties" hadn't made this thread 10 years later.
    touche'

  9. #44
    bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-20-09
    Posts: 2,561
    Betpoints: 1959

    Quote Originally Posted by the woodpile View Post
    "We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
    -- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

    "Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."
    -- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002
    where, oh where, might Mr. Gore had gotten this misinformation from?

  10. #45
    Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-11-09
    Posts: 4,277
    Betpoints: 624

    Gotta love these threads, you really get to see the idiots on this forum. Congrats "the woodpile" on making the list.

  11. #46
    newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-27-09
    Posts: 6,117
    Betpoints: 6781

    Quote Originally Posted by DrStale View Post
    I would say the team with more runs should be the winner.

    I am not saying George Bush should not have won based on the law, I am saying he should not have won based on logic and reason. The electoral college was designed in a completely different era because of a lack of trust in voters and inaccurate tracking of votes. There is no reason for the electoral college to exist today.
    While I inherently hate the electoral college, using the popular vote is a worthless stat. I live in Illinois. I am a Republican. Do you think I had any reason for voting for a presidential candidate in the last election? My vote for the Republican candidate was a complete waste of my time as there was no way Obama was losing Illinois. I had exactly no reason to show up to the polls. The same can be said for both parties in different states around the country. There are certain states where a Dem or Repub will never ever win, so where is the incentive to get out and vote?

    So I am not saying that popular vote doesn't matter, but I am saying that using that as a stat is just not a valid stat because there will always be people who didn't bother to vote because they knew their candidate wouldn't win.

    Note - I am not saying I did that - but I know many many many people here in Chicago who would have voted Repub but knew it wasn't worth having to leave work early to get to their polling site to vote because it was a waste.

  12. #47
    rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-26-10
    Posts: 3,487

    Quote Originally Posted by bruceBRUCEbruce View Post
    where, oh where, might Mr. Gore had gotten this misinformation from?
    Probably from the same intelligence that Bush was receiving?

  13. #48
    EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 06-19-09
    Posts: 15,334
    Betpoints: 216

    Quote Originally Posted by the woodpile View Post
    http://texasgopvote.com/george-w-bus...s-later-002269

    Ten years ago, Al Gore tried to steal the presidency of George W. Bush.


    That is how the story should be written for all of history, but the left will try to spin it otherwise.
    Rehashing every single moment in the 36 day 2000 Election drama would be more boring than an Al Gore speech. A decade later, some things that were true in 2000 remain true in 2010.


    Richard Nixon could have sued to challenge the election of John Kennedy in 1960. There was real election fraud, with dead people in Chicago and other dirty tricks in LBJ’s home state of Texas providing the difference. Nixon refused to challenge the results because he did not want to plunge America into a constitutional crisis.


    Republicans are the party of laws. Democrats are the party of lawyers. Even when Nixon was on the rocks, he resigned to avoid an impeachment trial. At his two lowest moments, he wanted to spare the country from crisis. Bill Clinton and Al Gore continued the tradition of Democrats trying to win at all costs, regardless of who gets hurt.


    The 2000 election combined with the Clinton impeachment also led to the left embarking on a poisoning of our culture that we may never recover from.


    While the original politics of personal destruction began in 1987 with drunk driver and negligent homicide perpetrator Ted Kennedy verbally butchering Judge Robert Bork, the 2000 election finally allowed the leftist lunatic fringe to run wild.


    George W. Bush did not steal the election. He simply won a close election. There was no fraud, unless one counts Al Gore trying to manufacture votes with concepts such as “undervotes.” Voter intent became whatever Gore said it was.


    Yet to the rabid frothing left, President Bush was an evil murderer, torturer, Nazi, Fascist, racist (stop me when you’re bored from the slurs) bigot who “stole” the presidency.


    The left never ever gave him a chance. They despised him from the moment he was declared the winner. On every issue, their predetermined opinion of him led them. By responding with civility, Bush made them more enraged. They will never accept that he won the presidency honestly.


    The left did not complain when the the liberal media led by Bush-despising “fake but accurate” memo supporting Gunga Dan Rather gleefully called Florida for Gore before the heavily Republican Panhandle polls closed.


    The left had no complaints when that same liberal media in conjunction with Al Gore broke the Bush drunk driving scandal four days before the election. In 2000 and 2004, the left did everything they could to get into the gutter to drag President Bush down with 11th hour hit jobs. No gutter is too low for the left.


    The left complains that he was a “Supreme Court appointed” president based on a 5-4 vote. Would the left say the same thing had Gore won 5-4? Of course not. The Florida Supreme Court ruled 4-3 in favor of Gore, and the left was hailing the decision. The left has used the courts for decades to force their agenda, yet dare to criticize the courts the rare times they lose.


    Lower district court rulings went in favor of Bush, and those judges were Democrats, including N. Sander Sauls. Liberals dismissed this as rulings by “Southern Democrats,” as if that should mean anything other than liberals dismissing anything not in total agreement with them.


    Then Al Gore did what liberals do. He tried to simply make up new rules. Rather than agree to a statewide recount, he tried to only have a recount in four heavily liberal areas. The goal was simple. Get the lead, declare that the American people were “exhausted” by the process, and declare that we should all “move on.”


    This tactic allowed Al Franken to steal the Minnesota Senate seat from Norm Coleman and for Christine Gregoire to steal the Washington State Governorship from Dino Rossi. Those elections had real voter fraud.


    Eventually it was ruled that Gore had to have a statewide recount, but that there was no time to get it done in time by the deadline.


    Had this been New Jersey, the deadline would have been ignored, which is how Frank Lautenberg illegally got back on the ballot to steal another election.


    Yet all Florida did was enforce the law.


    Democrats claimed that Republican Secretary of State Katherine Harris was a partisan hack. Yet they had no problem with a Democrat Attorney General using every legal trick in the book to get Gore over the goal line.


    Again, conservatives are about laws. Liberals are about lawyers.


    Governor Jeb Bush was accused of rigging the election for his brother, yet any honest assessment showed that he recused himself from every major decision, an act of unilateral disarmament given that his Attorney General kept shilling for Gore.


    (This is where the left goes berserk for being conservative and existing. What they cannot and will not do is say I am wrong. Every fact I laid out is right, so their hyperventilating is boring.)
    George W. Bush would go on to lead America during trying times punctuated by the horrors of 9/11. His heroism on that day will be remembered forever. He retired to his ranch happy and at peace.


    Al Gore turned into a raving lunatic resembling the homeless man in the town square rambling to anyone who would listen. Despite making about a billion dollars thanks to Google, he remained empty and unsatisfied. He won meaningless statuettes like Nobel prizes and Academy awards, but lost his marriage. His one area where he received adulation was his environmental lunacy, and he even recently admitted what we all knew. He is a fraud. He said so himself, regarding Ethanol subsidies.


    When all is said and done, Al Gore was willing to destroy anything and everything to become president. The nation did not matter. He wanted power, and to heck with all who got in his way. Now he has unchecked power, burning lear jet fuel in the name of conservation and celebrating climate change through Winter Break party junkets in Cancun based on science extracted from equally fraudulent “scientists.”


    Looking back, we now know that the better man won the election. Those who support hatred and poison and confuse enemies with opponents will still cling to Al Gore, but their arguments are as hollow as the Goracle himself once the self-righteous tree stump is removed from his hide.
    George W. Bush is a far better man than Al Gore will ever be.


    Legally and morally, the better man won the 2000 election.


    In 2010, the gulf between these two men is wider than ever.


    Al Gore is only relevant because the Daily Kos, Huffington Post, and Moveon.org lunatic bigots will not let him leave. They share a mutually parasitic relationship, empty shells reassuring each other that they are not vapid morally bankrupt wastes of space.


    President George W. Bush is a gracious man of honor, integrity, and character.
    He is a man comfortable in his own skin, a man at peace.


    Al Gore leaves a legacy of lawsuits, election disruptions, and lies.


    George W. Bush leaves a legacy of leadership.


    That is what is left of the 2000 election.


    The right man won.
    YOU ARE A BRAINWASHED MORON !!!!!

  14. #49
    King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-22-10
    Posts: 21,327
    Betpoints: 5843

    Quote Originally Posted by Carseller4 View Post
    If you are running for President and you can't win your homestate, you don't deserve to be elected.

    The people that knew algore best did not want him.

    Who gives a shit about Volusia County? Screw Florida....it came down to algore losing Tennessee...his freaking HOME state.
    hicks really going to vote for a earth conscious democrat.... all they see is democrats help minorities... BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

  15. #50
    bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-20-09
    Posts: 2,561
    Betpoints: 1959

    Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    Probably from the same intelligence that Bush was receiving?
    only Bush knew it was faulty and fudged.

  16. #51
    paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-08-09
    Posts: 62,865
    Betpoints: 2029

    Man I thought this thread was gonna be about the future of Reggie Bush and Frank Gore's injury probs

  17. #52
    the woodpile
    the woodpile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-24-10
    Posts: 52

    Quote Originally Posted by bruceBRUCEbruce View Post
    only Bush knew it was faulty and fudged.
    Iraq: What Did Congress Know, And When?


    Bush says Congress had the same (faulty) intelligence he did.

    The President's main point is correct: the CIA and most other US intelligence agencies believed before the war that Saddam had stocks of biological and chemical weapons, was actively working on nuclear weapons and "probably" would have a nuclear weapon before the end of this decade. That faulty intelligence was shared with Congress – along with multiple mentions of some doubts within the intelligence community – in a formal National Intelligence Estimate just prior to the Senate and House votes to authorize the use of force against Iraq.
    No hard evidence has surfaced to support claims that Bush somehow manipulated the findings of intelligence analysts. In fact, two bipartisan investigations probed for such evidence and said they found none.



    http://www.factcheck.org/article358.html



  18. #53
    DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-17-09
    Posts: 91,502
    Betpoints: 7690

    Saddam was so stupid and it finally caught up to him. He was nothing more than a thug who killed his opponents who ran against him when he first claimed power. He killed his own people, invaded Kuwait and fired scud missiles towards Israel like the coward he was. All along thumbing his nose at the USA and the UN inspectors while taking bribes with countries thus circumventing the oil for food sanctions. Whether anyone found WMD or not is irrelevant because he is gone and the world is rid of an evil tyrant and millions of Iraqi's are liberated.

    These are facts and so is ....
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...l-bush-clouds/

  19. #54
    GoldenYAK
    GoldenYAK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-30-10
    Posts: 707

    Bush started a war based on whether or not there were WMD's, that is anything but irrelevant. By the way, since we invaded millions of Iraqis have died, how does death = liberation? You're a sick dude.


    This is how people are propagandized by the conservative biased main stream media in the USA. Facts and reality no longer matter to the far right wackos in this country. Without a doubt there are more liberals fighting to end the wars then cons.

  20. #55
    DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-17-09
    Posts: 91,502
    Betpoints: 7690

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenYAK View Post
    By the way, since we invaded millions of Iraqis have died, how does death = liberation? You're a sick dude.
    MILLIONS? How many millions exactly? 5? 10? 20? what a liar you are!

  21. #56
    Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-07-10
    Posts: 9,514
    Betpoints: 2914

    Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    how can anybody dispute that?
    A D running from a red state might not win it just like an R running from a blue state might not win. That's not really a big deal.

  22. #57
    DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-17-09
    Posts: 91,502
    Betpoints: 7690

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy117 View Post
    A D running from a red state might not win it just like an R running from a blue state might not win. That's not really a big deal.
    Maybe not but it wouldn't hurt.

  23. #58
    pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-12-07
    Posts: 80,741
    Betpoints: 162

    Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    Saddam was so stupid and it finally caught up to him. He was nothing more than a thug who killed his opponents who ran against him when he first claimed power. He killed his own people, invaded Kuwait and fired scud missiles towards Israel like the coward he was. All along thumbing his nose at the USA and the UN inspectors while taking bribes with countries thus circumventing the oil for food sanctions. Whether anyone found WMD or not is irrelevant because he is gone and the world is rid of an evil tyrant and millions of Iraqi's are liberated.

    These are facts and so is ....
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...l-bush-clouds/
    I can name you a dozen countries that their leader did worse things than Saddam did. Why have we not invaded them?

  24. #59
    DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-17-09
    Posts: 91,502
    Betpoints: 7690

    Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    I can name you a dozen countries that their leader did worse things than Saddam did. Why have we not invaded them?
    you tell me.

    how many did what I listed?

    USA can't fight em all at once.

  25. #60
    BstHcpr
    BstHcpr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-02-11
    Posts: 377

    Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    you tell me.

    how many did what I listed?

    USA can't fight em all at once.
    Hmmm? Where can we start dipshit? How about Indonesia in the 1970's, while we were sending them arms and at the same time they were launching a genocide on the East Timorese people? It's funny, you're so upset over the fact that Saddam killed his own people, you completely omit that he was on the CIA payroll while he was doing it. Pinochet of Chile was one, Trujilio of the DR was another. Just make an observed view of US history and you'll see how stupid you sound.

  26. #61
    DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-17-09
    Posts: 91,502
    Betpoints: 7690

    Quote Originally Posted by BstHcpr View Post
    Hmmm? Where can we start dipshit? How about Indonesia in the 1970's, while we were sending them arms and at the same time they were launching a genocide on the East Timorese people? It's funny, you're so upset over the fact that Saddam killed his own people, you completely omit that he was on the CIA payroll while he was doing it. Pinochet of Chile was one, Trujilio of the DR was another. Just make an observed view of US history and you'll see how stupid you sound.
    dipshit
    you are clearly a superior human being. I feel quite honored that you even took the time to enlighten little ole me with your wisdom (between insults) and I shall cherish this for years to come. I only wish I could somehow get an autograph because my friends won't believe it. Heck, I barely do.

  27. #62
    crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-29-10
    Posts: 16,898
    Betpoints: 39

    bush is the worst president in us history. his name will forever be synonymous with drunkeness, recklessness and stupidity.

    * completely ignored 9-11 warnings. even the presidential memos titled "urgent: al qaeda planning hijackings"
    * invaded iraq on fabricated lies. cost 4500 us soldiers their lives and tax payers $2 trillion
    * signed into law the worst welfare housing program in history. the moron thought handing out downpayments to the poor was a good idea.
    * approved the torture and killing of prisoners. thus helping al qaeda recruit more terrorists.
    * deregulated banking allowing banks to take on massive amounts of subprime debt which eventually bankrupted them
    * cost home owners trillions in lost home values
    * worked hand in hand with the saudis and opec to manipulate and raise gas prices. when bush entered office, gas price was $1. when he left it was $4-5.

    worst
    scoundrel
    ever

    burn
    in
    hell

  28. #63
    DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-17-09
    Posts: 91,502
    Betpoints: 7690

    Crusty, there is nothing true in what you just posted. Nothing.

  29. #64
    The Madcap
    The world meets nobody halfway.
    The Madcap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-03-10
    Posts: 2,808
    Betpoints: 102

    Bush's home state is Texas. Which he won in a landslide. He probably hasn't set foot in Connecticut in 30 years.


    Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    bush is the worst president in us history. his name will forever be synonymous with drunkeness, recklessness and stupidity.

    * completely ignored 9-11 warnings. even the presidential memos titled "urgent: al qaeda planning hijackings"
    * invaded iraq on fabricated lies. cost 4500 us soldiers their lives and tax payers $2 trillion
    * signed into law the worst welfare housing program in history. the moron thought handing out downpayments to the poor was a good idea.
    * approved the torture and killing of prisoners. thus helping al qaeda recruit more terrorists.
    * deregulated banking allowing banks to take on massive amounts of subprime debt which eventually bankrupted them
    * cost home owners trillions in lost home values
    * worked hand in hand with the saudis and opec to manipulate and raise gas prices. when bush entered office, gas price was $1. when he left it was $4-5.

    worst
    scoundrel
    ever

    burn
    in
    hell
    As for you....

    can this "worst President in history" crap. Clearly the worst President in history was Buchanan.

    The killing and torturing of prisoners didn't help al-Qaeda recruit new members. Busy-body journalists telling them we tortured and killed prisoners helped them recruit new members.

    Down payments to the poor? Bush was trying to stop that nonsense. The bills kept dying in House committees because the Democrats accused anyone that brought it up of being an active Klan member.

    Gas was about $2.00 a gallon when Bush took office. And yeah it went up. That's what happens when two countries containing almost half of the world's population get tired of being 3rd world shit holes and decide to move into the 21st century. It's called supply and demand. The U.S. still has the cheapest gas in the world.

    If you look at George W. Bush and see a man smart enough to fabricate enough lies intricate enough to start a war, well then, I'll be sure to put some flowers on Algernon's grave for you.

  30. #65
    TU
    TU's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-30-10
    Posts: 146
    Betpoints: 42

    Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Jeb gift wrapped Florida for his brother. Then the next year the terrorists attacked us because George let the borders unsecured.
    Bush is complete scum but you can't really put all the blame on him.

  31. #66
    crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-29-10
    Posts: 16,898
    Betpoints: 39

    k
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madcap View Post
    Bush's home state is Texas. Which he won in a landslide. He probably hasn't set foot in Connecticut in 30 years.




    As for you....

    can this "worst President in history" crap. Clearly the worst President in history was Buchanan.

    The killing and torturing of prisoners didn't help al-Qaeda recruit new members. Busy-body journalists telling them we tortured and killed prisoners helped them recruit new members.

    Down payments to the poor? Bush was trying to stop that nonsense. The bills kept dying in House committees because the Democrats accused anyone that brought it up of being an active Klan member.

    Gas was about $2.00 a gallon when Bush took office. And yeah it went up. That's what happens when two countries containing almost half of the world's population get tired of being 3rd world shit holes and decide to move into the 21st century. It's called supply and demand. The U.S. still has the cheapest gas in the world.

    If you look at George W. Bush and see a man smart enough to fabricate enough lies intricate enough to start a war, well then, I'll be sure to put some flowers on Algernon's grave for you.
    buchanan? did he also leave trillions in debt, start 2 wars he couldnt finish, murder thousands of americans, lose 4 million jobs in 1 year and lead the world economy to brink of financial collapse? if you say so.

    let me guess, you also blame the evil media for the downfall of nixon, not for his illegal, immoral and unconstitutional crime.

    maybe you should defect to north korea since they oppose the freedom of the press as much as you. im sure they would love to hire you as their propaganda minister.

    bush was so opposed to the poor buying homes that the only bill he managed to pass gave the poor downpayments to buy homes? that makes sense. let me guess, during recess democrats called him names and forced him to sign the worst welfare housing bill in history. lol

    everytime someone calls bush dumb, you neocons come to his defense saying how he went to ivy league schools. but when it comes to masterminding criminal activities he doesnt have the smarts? make up your damn minds.

  32. #67
    rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-05-09
    Posts: 38,195
    Betpoints: 8972

    Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    dipshit
    you are clearly a superior human being. I feel quite honored that you even took the time to enlighten little ole me with your wisdom (between insults) and I shall cherish this for years to come. I only wish I could somehow get an autograph because my friends won't believe it. Heck, I barely do.
    Make sure you get a COA with that autograph.
    It won't be worth shit w/o one.

  33. #68
    The Madcap
    The world meets nobody halfway.
    The Madcap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-03-10
    Posts: 2,808
    Betpoints: 102

    Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    k

    buchanan? did he also leave trillions in debt, start 2 wars he couldnt finish, murder thousands of americans, lose 4 million jobs in 1 year and lead the world economy to brink of financial collapse? if you say so.

    let me guess, you also blame the evil media for the downfall of nixon, not for his illegal, immoral and unconstitutional crime.

    maybe you should defect to north korea since they oppose the freedom of the press as much as you. im sure they would love to hire you as their propaganda minister.

    bush was so opposed to the poor buying homes that the only bill he managed to pass gave the poor downpayments to buy homes? that makes sense. let me guess, during recess democrats called him names and forced him to sign the worst welfare housing bill in history. lol

    everytime someone calls bush dumb, you neocons come to his defense saying how he went to ivy league schools. but when it comes to masterminding criminal activities he doesnt have the smarts? make up your damn minds.
    Nixon? Who said anything about Nixon? I hate Nixon.

    And you best watch your tone. Running around calling people neo-cons with no sense of history you punkass swine. Buchanan's actions led to more deaths in one day than Bush's entire duration in office. Maybe if you sackless spoiled brats quit your whining long enough to bother reading a damn book you'd realize there's more to U.S. history than the last ten phucking years.

  34. #69
    BstHcpr
    BstHcpr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-02-11
    Posts: 377

    Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    dipshit
    you are clearly a superior human being. I feel quite honored that you even took the time to enlighten little ole me with your wisdom (between insults) and I shall cherish this for years to come. I only wish I could somehow get an autograph because my friends won't believe it. Heck, I barely do.
    What about Saddam being on the US payroll using US supplied chemical weapons to gas the Kurds?

  35. #70
    McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-02-06
    Posts: 2,643
    Betpoints: 175

    Quote Originally Posted by the woodpile View Post
    http://texasgopvote.com/george-w-bus...s-later-002269

    Ten years ago, Al Gore tried to steal the presidency of George W. Bush.


    That is how the story should be written for all of history, but the left will try to spin it otherwise.
    Rehashing every single moment in the 36 day 2000 Election drama would be more boring than an Al Gore speech. A decade later, some things that were true in 2000 remain true in 2010.


    Richard Nixon could have sued to challenge the election of John Kennedy in 1960. There was real election fraud, with dead people in Chicago and other dirty tricks in LBJ’s home state of Texas providing the difference. Nixon refused to challenge the results because he did not want to plunge America into a constitutional crisis.


    Republicans are the party of laws. Democrats are the party of lawyers. Even when Nixon was on the rocks, he resigned to avoid an impeachment trial. At his two lowest moments, he wanted to spare the country from crisis. Bill Clinton and Al Gore continued the tradition of Democrats trying to win at all costs, regardless of who gets hurt.


    The 2000 election combined with the Clinton impeachment also led to the left embarking on a poisoning of our culture that we may never recover from.


    While the original politics of personal destruction began in 1987 with drunk driver and negligent homicide perpetrator Ted Kennedy verbally butchering Judge Robert Bork, the 2000 election finally allowed the leftist lunatic fringe to run wild.


    George W. Bush did not steal the election. He simply won a close election. There was no fraud, unless one counts Al Gore trying to manufacture votes with concepts such as “undervotes.” Voter intent became whatever Gore said it was.


    Yet to the rabid frothing left, President Bush was an evil murderer, torturer, Nazi, Fascist, racist (stop me when you’re bored from the slurs) bigot who “stole” the presidency.


    The left never ever gave him a chance. They despised him from the moment he was declared the winner. On every issue, their predetermined opinion of him led them. By responding with civility, Bush made them more enraged. They will never accept that he won the presidency honestly.


    The left did not complain when the the liberal media led by Bush-despising “fake but accurate” memo supporting Gunga Dan Rather gleefully called Florida for Gore before the heavily Republican Panhandle polls closed.


    The left had no complaints when that same liberal media in conjunction with Al Gore broke the Bush drunk driving scandal four days before the election. In 2000 and 2004, the left did everything they could to get into the gutter to drag President Bush down with 11th hour hit jobs. No gutter is too low for the left.


    The left complains that he was a “Supreme Court appointed” president based on a 5-4 vote. Would the left say the same thing had Gore won 5-4? Of course not. The Florida Supreme Court ruled 4-3 in favor of Gore, and the left was hailing the decision. The left has used the courts for decades to force their agenda, yet dare to criticize the courts the rare times they lose.


    Lower district court rulings went in favor of Bush, and those judges were Democrats, including N. Sander Sauls. Liberals dismissed this as rulings by “Southern Democrats,” as if that should mean anything other than liberals dismissing anything not in total agreement with them.


    Then Al Gore did what liberals do. He tried to simply make up new rules. Rather than agree to a statewide recount, he tried to only have a recount in four heavily liberal areas. The goal was simple. Get the lead, declare that the American people were “exhausted” by the process, and declare that we should all “move on.”


    This tactic allowed Al Franken to steal the Minnesota Senate seat from Norm Coleman and for Christine Gregoire to steal the Washington State Governorship from Dino Rossi. Those elections had real voter fraud.


    Eventually it was ruled that Gore had to have a statewide recount, but that there was no time to get it done in time by the deadline.


    Had this been New Jersey, the deadline would have been ignored, which is how Frank Lautenberg illegally got back on the ballot to steal another election.


    Yet all Florida did was enforce the law.


    Democrats claimed that Republican Secretary of State Katherine Harris was a partisan hack. Yet they had no problem with a Democrat Attorney General using every legal trick in the book to get Gore over the goal line.


    Again, conservatives are about laws. Liberals are about lawyers.


    Governor Jeb Bush was accused of rigging the election for his brother, yet any honest assessment showed that he recused himself from every major decision, an act of unilateral disarmament given that his Attorney General kept shilling for Gore.


    (This is where the left goes berserk for being conservative and existing. What they cannot and will not do is say I am wrong. Every fact I laid out is right, so their hyperventilating is boring.)
    George W. Bush would go on to lead America during trying times punctuated by the horrors of 9/11. His heroism on that day will be remembered forever. He retired to his ranch happy and at peace.


    Al Gore turned into a raving lunatic resembling the homeless man in the town square rambling to anyone who would listen. Despite making about a billion dollars thanks to Google, he remained empty and unsatisfied. He won meaningless statuettes like Nobel prizes and Academy awards, but lost his marriage. His one area where he received adulation was his environmental lunacy, and he even recently admitted what we all knew. He is a fraud. He said so himself, regarding Ethanol subsidies.


    When all is said and done, Al Gore was willing to destroy anything and everything to become president. The nation did not matter. He wanted power, and to heck with all who got in his way. Now he has unchecked power, burning lear jet fuel in the name of conservation and celebrating climate change through Winter Break party junkets in Cancun based on science extracted from equally fraudulent “scientists.”


    Looking back, we now know that the better man won the election. Those who support hatred and poison and confuse enemies with opponents will still cling to Al Gore, but their arguments are as hollow as the Goracle himself once the self-righteous tree stump is removed from his hide.
    George W. Bush is a far better man than Al Gore will ever be.


    Legally and morally, the better man won the 2000 election.


    In 2010, the gulf between these two men is wider than ever.


    Al Gore is only relevant because the Daily Kos, Huffington Post, and Moveon.org lunatic bigots will not let him leave. They share a mutually parasitic relationship, empty shells reassuring each other that they are not vapid morally bankrupt wastes of space.


    President George W. Bush is a gracious man of honor, integrity, and character.
    He is a man comfortable in his own skin, a man at peace.


    Al Gore leaves a legacy of lawsuits, election disruptions, and lies.


    George W. Bush leaves a legacy of leadership.


    That is what is left of the 2000 election.


    The right man won.
    Wow.
    This could be the worst write up of anything in history. I'm not arguing who is or could or would've been a better president - but this is factually about as bad as anything I've seen in a long time.
    There's so much bad distortion about the lawsuits, etc.
    It's quite incredible that any person with a rational mind would say 'yep, spot on'. 5 minutes of google and 15 minutes of reading on most of the facts will render a completely different picture.
    This is like old Soviet Union state controlled newspaper writing.
    It also reminds me of "Dewey Wins!!"

    Sorry, sir. This is horrible.

First 12
Top