THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

This would be a perfect job for me if I could write, knew anything about sports, or was humorous. Fuked again! Its a damn shame I was born so good lookin' instead of smart

spargament
    KHABIB
    spargament's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 367

I feel like the opposite of how fans felt during espn's indecision LeBron special after he said he was taking his talents to south beach.

On the edge of my seat. Can't wait to see the outcome here. BoL to all applicants, I'm sure whoever gets the spot will do it justice

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

I'd like to. When I actually try to make a piece read well, I do great work. I wish I had more time to devote myself to it.

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

Pm Sent..thanks for the thread

Pharieswheel
    Pharieswheel's Avatar Become A Pro!

When you need a writer I'm the man

Just caught the headline on forum, there's no one better qualified than me. I have written for two major newspapers in Southern California, be it 20 years ago. I gave up writing for harness racing, becoming a trainer/driver. My credentials are the Evening Outlook newspaper in Santa Monica, and the Daily Breeze in torrance, I wrote for the horseracing department. My best skill is making an event so good, you feel your right there.

sweetjones55
    554-381 (59.2%) NBA/WNBA/Football Record
    sweetjones55's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    Everyone who contacted us before monday will hear back by monday evening. Thanks to all who have replied so far!
    I haven't received a response.

Austin103
    Austin103's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetjones55 View Post
    Same.

madrian
    madrian's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree woth you frostno !!!

jmilacek
    jmilacek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

I think Bill meant next Monday. Seems so, anyway...

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Pharieswheel View Post
    Just caught the headline on forum, there's no one better qualified than me. I have written for two major newspapers in Southern California, be it 20 years ago. I gave up writing for harness racing, becoming a trainer/driver. My credentials are the Evening Outlook newspaper in Santa Monica, and the Daily Breeze in torrance, I wrote for the horseracing department. My best skill is making an event so good, you feel your right there.
    Deal. Everybody can go home now.

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeah me either

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

What the hell, I might as well throw my hat into this ring. It sounds like fun.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

any retirement plans or benefits?

ronjon619
    California Uber Alles
    ronjon619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

whats the 401k employer match percentage?

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Quote Originally Posted by ronjon619 View Post
    whats the 401k employer match percentage?

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Pharieswheel View Post
    yeah, but you can't spell, so that kinda sucks

whatsgood5
    Let's fuckin' do it
    whatsgood5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by THE PROFIT View Post
    yeah, but you can't spell, so that kinda sucks
    Good catch.

Ninersnut
    Money talks and bullshit runs marathons
    Ninersnut's Avatar Become A Pro!

How many PMs did Taylor send for this?

mlb
    mlb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12779

i didnt receive a response either ...

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Hi Guys,

Everyone has a shot. There isn't a limit to how many quality pieces they can make. We received over 100 inquiries and everyone who hasn't yet, should have a response before the end of the morning. This will be fun. We'll be looking to start scheduling pieces in week 1 of the new year.

cobalt king
    cobalt king's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like that everyone has a shot, I just sent an email expressing interest in the position, not a write up of any kind, will everyone that expressed interest get the chance to submit a formal piece?

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    So it's a create-it-yourself-and-see-what-happens 'opportunity', rather than a paid position.
    No, people who do the work will be compensated. Positions come after being a contributer. Standard stuff.

Just as easy to create your own website. [/QUOTE]

Putting a website up is indeed very easy.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt king View Post
    I like that everyone has a shot, I just sent an email expressing interest in the position, not a write up of any kind, will everyone that expressed interest get the chance to submit a formal piece?
    Yes, the editors, website managers and I will read each one and give feedback to the authors. The process will start early in Jan.

cobalt king
    cobalt king's Avatar Become A Pro!

Will you assign the games you want us to write up or is that for us to choose?

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

sounds fair and fun

excel
    unapproved
    excel's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would rather work at burger king.

sweetjones55
    554-381 (59.2%) NBA/WNBA/Football Record
    sweetjones55's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    Hi Guys,

Everyone has a shot. There isn't a limit to how many quality pieces they can make. We received over 100 inquiries and everyone who hasn't yet, should have a response before the end of the morning. This will be fun. We'll be looking to start scheduling pieces in week 1 of the new year.
    Still haven't gotten a response.

Bob Loblaw
    Bob Loblaw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2069

Still haven't gotten a response.
    Give it some time. I just got mine 20 mins ago.

SONNYVEGA1
    SONNYVEGA1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well im still in frikin rehab so, unless I bust outta here. But then again I cant even spell so bla bla bla.

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

I will throw my hat into the ring as well.

chachi
    Lazy Git
    chachi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Sent an email and it bounced so posting here ...

I for one would restart my UK horse card capping if there was a point to it ... seemed relatively well-received when I did it earlier in the fall for a few weeks
    Last edited by chachi; 12-22-10 at 01:52 PM.

Pinkstripe
    Pinkstripe's Avatar Become A Pro!

Very nice....

Pokerjoe
    Pokerjoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 307

The problem with asking for 500+ words is that you get 500+ words. If you can come up with 100 words of interest and have to pad them out, you're writing wrong. And as a consumer, I don't want to wade through 500+ words to get to the 100 useful ones, I want the 100 useful ones stripped of the padding. Brevity is a wonderful thing.

Specifically, we don't need to come to SBR for crap like this, which, I'd say, is obviously written by some poor slob filling a wordage quota:

Spurs go for 10th straight win vs. Nuggets

(Sports Network) - The San Antonio Spurs will try to extend their latest winning streak to 10 games when they finish a three-game homestand versus the Carmelo Anthony-less Denver Nuggets at the AT&T Center.
    The Denver superstar has been excused from tonight's game in the Alamo City due to a death in his family.
    "Our entire organization supports Carmelo during this difficult time for him and his family," Nuggets executive vice president of basketball operations Masai Ujiri said in a statement. "It is heartbreaking news, particularly during the holiday season."
    The Nuggets thought they had halted the Spurs' run last week but Anthony's apparent game-winning shot was erased by a questionable offensive foul call as Manu Ginobili slid in front of the All-Star to draw a charge and San Antonio escaped with a 113-112 triumph in the Rocky Mountains.
    "It's a play that I think goes either way a lot," Denver coach George Karl said after the game. "It seemed like the referees, they like to hit us with tough calls."
    Karl's assessment of the call cost him $25,000 in the form of a fine by the NBA and the Spurs have gone on to win two more games since, including a 118-100 triumph over Phoenix on Monday. Gary Neal scored a career-high 22 points in that one as San Antonio stopped the short-handed Suns.
    A close game was blown open by San Antonio's 23-3 run in the third quarter in that one. Coincidently, that was the club's league-leading record coming into the game.
    Tim Duncan provided 20 points, 15 rebounds and six assists for the Spurs, who got 19 points from Tony Parker and 17 out of Richard Jefferson.
    "The third was the difference in the whole game," said Duncan. "We worked hard on the boards and did a better job defensively. We got a couple of stops in a row and it changed the whole game for us."
    The Suns made a run to pull within single digits in the fourth quarter, but they ran out of gas without the three players they acquired in a trade with Orlando on Saturday -- Vince Carter, Marcin Gortat and Mickael Pietrus.
    Denver, meanwhile, continues to push forward despite persistent trade rumors swirling around Anthony.
    'Melo and the Nuggets finished up a three-game homestand in winning fashion on Saturday when Anthony scored 24 points and Denver withstood a late Minnesota charge and a huge night from Kevin Love to earn a 115-113 victory over the Timberwolves.
    Ty Lawson added 23 points and nine assists for the Nuggets, who have won three of five. J.R. Smith provided 18 points off the bench in the victory.
    Love posted a career-high 43 points and pulled down 17 rebounds for the Timberwolves, who scored the final seven points of the game but came up a basket short.
    "I'd rather win ugly than lose pretty, so I mean, I'll take the win," Lawson said. "We've got to focus on closing games, but I'll take a win like this any time."
    Denver, which is shooting for its fourth straight win in the Alamo City tonight, could get a big boost with the possible returns of point guard Chauncey Billups (torn ligament in right wrist) and big men Chris Andersen (fractured lower vertebrae) and Kenyon Martin (left knee surgery).
    All three players practiced Monday and Karl is confident Billups, who has missed three games, will play and he called both Anderson and Martin game-time decisions.
    "We owe them a lot of payback," Lawson told the Nuggets' website when talking about the Spurs and tonight's game.

mightyminnow
    mightyminnow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by mrmarket View Post
    I would like to offer my services for this job posting. I have various handicapping tools in my arsenal. I have one method I have dubbed the Currency. The Currency is not theoretical in nature but has an actual physical form. I attribute a unique variable to each plane of the instrument for dual outcome sporting events. I then physically toss the object so that it turns in mid air with the aid of two of my appendages. When gravity makes the object land whatever plane is facing upwards is the variable I choose as the positive outcome of the event. I then work to find meaningless statistics to assign to this outcome that justify its choice. When this is not enough I cite vague emotional awareness or false insider knowledge as further justification.

If the progression of outcomes prove to be unsuccessful I continue along with this method citing bad luck,cheating and/or variance. If the method proves to be unsuccessful over a larger sample size I have another tool I have dubbed the pseudonym which is implemented for a time before I use the Currency again. Whatever the case the methods become successful in the long run.

Get back to me.

MM
    Bravo. . End of thread, give him the job.

nobs
    5 DIMES IS A JOKE
    nobs's Avatar Become A Pro!

erase

First 12345 Last