MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah, raising money to cure cancer is a real drag, and interferes with all those wonderful commercials on ESPN.

Jesus Christ. Some of you need complete lobotomies just to get to normal.

Just curious. But what exactly did Valvano do that was sooo horrific? They guy died young, with a wife and family.

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

Best speech in the last 30 years. Jimmy V foundation also is one of the best in using the money for actual research, and not to pay a bunch of "board members". Do the research.

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    i don't think it's a matter of turning off the tv
    we are constantly bombarded with misinformation about cancer treatments, giving money to "cancer research" doesn't really do any good - NO drugs are produced because of cancer foundation funding, and NO equipment is purchased at hospitals because of this.

drugs are developed by large drug companies because they can make money off of them, plain and simple.

elizabeth edwards is just one of the millions of people (my mother included) that lived a painful and miserable life before ultimately dying because of chemotherapy.

http://www.naturalnews.com/030673_El...motherapy.html
    I've seen dumb shit posted on SBR.

This may be the dumbest.

Every single step that comes from oncology research comes through the doors at the NIH, specifically the NCI at the NIH. Every product that Merck (or any other pharmaceutical company) develops is a direct result of the public money raised and donated to the NIH.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

every product that pharmaceutical companies develop is a direct result of public money?
    i believe that would be called fascism.

so you're telling me the people i know in drug r&d at johnson & johnson really don't get paid by j&j?

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

i do apologize for my ignorance, i have no idea how this medical stuff gets done but i know what happened to my mother.
    she and my dad swore off western medicine after her years of misery and then death - my dad taught me to eat vegetables and get sunlight to avoid cancers.

so that's where i'm coming from, sorry if it sounded dumb and if i need a lobotomy but we all come from different families with different opinions about things that may or may not be "normal".

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

bump.

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

is there a way to nominate this for the most jaded thread of all-time? i can't figure it out, but i'm not the most tech-savvy....

on a related note, that Susan G. Komen really thinks she's hot shit with those pink ribbons, Martin Luther King Jr is the height of arrogance having his own holiday, and i get really steamed when i'm stuck behind a car with a 'Support the Troops' sticker.

Living The Dream
    Looks like an Underdog Week 2!
    Living The Dream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 761

Well I went through a cancer scare and just had major back surgery.... His video has been watched by me numerous times the last few weeks and through the tears he continues to inspire me.... I am only a week past the major surgery, but.will watch it a few more the next few weeks to come

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

Quote Originally Posted by Living The Dream View Post
    Well I went through a cancer scare and just had major back surgery.... His video has been watched by me numerous times the last few weeks and through the tears he continues to inspire me.... I am only a week past the major surgery, but.will watch it a few more the next few weeks to come
    all the best to you in your recovery.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Well at least it gives Cancer attention, bottom line is cancer is way worse than Aids and you die much faster

Living The Dream
    Looks like an Underdog Week 2!
    Living The Dream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 761

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post
    all the best to you in your recovery.
    Thanks, that means a lot to me...

First 12