Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

"Paranormal Activity 2" is a quality sequel!

LOVED the first one but was dubious about whether the new one would live up... Usually once a big studio gets a hold of someone's great little idea, they kill it.

But in this case, I gotta say, they kept very closely to the formula that made the first one so effective! Kudos!! The first is one is probably better/scarier, but the sequel is still very effective -- Good time!

Manaconda
    Manaconda's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1292

i didnt really like the first one, too predictable.. but for the sequel they filmed with a budget of $3mill and the first weekend grossed like 45mill.. not bad!

fsugolf
    fsugolf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

didn't the first one cost like 15k to make and grossed over 70milly???

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by fsugolf View Post
    didn't the first one cost like 15k to make and grossed over 70milly???
    Nope. First one cost $11K to make and has grossed 200M !!!!

Lumpy81
    Lumpy81's Avatar Become A Pro!

The only scary part of the first one was ending

odtw524
    odtw524's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good to know it wasnt ruined I wanted to see its but like you I was questionible about it but I will have to go see it now!!!

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

first one wasnt scary and actually somewhat boring...i hope 2nd is better.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

dont know a soul who ever told anyone it was worth the price of admission...and damn sure wouldnt go see it again... a sequel to that boring shit... shoot me!
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 06-19-15 at 12:05 PM. Reason: image does not exist

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9132

didnt think it was scary while watching it but when i woke up in the middle of the night to pee...

odtw524
    odtw524's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by marcoloco View Post
    didnt think it was scary while watching it but when i woke up in the middle of the night to pee...

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

Don't mean to be offensive, but you guys who thought the first one was "boring" or "not scary at all" make me kind of nervous... Do you need to see several people axed to death or hacked into bits in front of you to be scared or something?

Hello, it's called psychological fear, people... it's called using SUBTLETY, playing with people's minds rather than hitting them over the head with something...

Fear of the unknown is always MUCH scarier than what you can see. And when it's done very realistically and effectively like in these movies, it's scary as fukk!

LOL at the guy scared when he got up to pee. No shit, after I saw the first one I had issues falling asleep for like a month!!

bostonbruins
    bostonbruins's Avatar Become A Pro!

First one sucked, Blair Witch revisited, lots of hype and absolute junk

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by bostonbruins View Post
    First one sucked, Blair Witch revisited, lots of hype and absolute junk
    Why would people go into someone's thread about something they liked just to say that it sucked? I never understand this. Then again, this is probably not unusual behavior for a guy with a hockey fight as his avatar.

And also, I thought PA1 did what Blair Witch Project did even more effectively. Faux-reality-style scary movies are awesome, the more the merrier!

raydog

im with you capyb...i like a good psychological thriller, but p.a. isnt even in that catagory... different strokes i guess...have a good time at the sequel homey...im sure the gf will try to drag me to it and ill blow it off till a good copy is online...that way i can sleep through it while she watches...haha

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Echoing the sentiments of most about the first ... I don't think the psychological thriller title fits with PA at all as raydog said. It wasn't real subtle that "something" was in the house with them with the powder footprints, the chick getting possessed, the covers moving, etc. Other than the fact that they filmed it for cheap, so it gave it a home video type feel ... it was what it was, a cheap horror flick that lacked any punch. Probably check out #2 on DVD, but have no desire to see it in the theater.

That Ghost Hunters show on TV is scarier than this was and you don't even get to see that much on that show .. but the audio is creepy.

Ryangene
    Ryangene's Avatar Become A Pro!

Both i thought were ok nothing special

Poster X
    Poster X's Avatar Become A Pro!

have to catch this one to see how it is.

Junkyard Dog
    Get up and Get it
    Junkyard Dog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1899

i liked it, thought it was better than saw 3d

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Echoing the sentiments of most about the first ... I don't think the psychological thriller title fits with PA at all as raydog said. It wasn't real subtle that "something" was in the house with them with the powder footprints, the chick getting possessed, the covers moving, etc. Other than the fact that they filmed it for cheap, so it gave it a home video type feel ... it was what it was, a cheap horror flick that lacked any punch. Probably check out #2 on DVD, but have no desire to see it in the theater.

That Ghost Hunters show on TV is scarier than this was and you don't even get to see that much on that show .. but the audio is creepy.
    I guess we're all affected by different things... For me, as horror movies go, I can't think of a single one I ever saw (and I've seen them all) that affected me greater than PA1. Maybe The Exorcist, but I saw that when I was like 11.

But not getting how anyone can not find that shit scary/creepy, the whole idea that you're seeing/hearing stuff that is "happening" in the house while the two of them are sleeping... which then accelerates, so that just when you're used to subtle things, something BIG will happen. No, it wasn't a perfect movie -- the footprint stuff was silly, I agree -- but overall, the way they did it all, the way they used sound, where a low rumble would come up first on the video like there was some "disturbance", and then there'd be a BANG somewhere in the house, lights going on, shit like that, after those periods of silence where nothing's happening but your tension is building... and then the "speeding up" of the video tracker, where you'll see her get up and stand there over the husband for like hours... come on, fukkin creepy!!!

Most people I talked to thought the first one delivered 100%. And I don't think it would have made 200M if people didn't find the shit scary, but whatever, we're all entitled to our opinions, it makes the world go round, yada yada yada.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

not very good/10.... saw it with my girl last night

raydog

watched a quality TS version this morning...same boring shit... if its possible, the sequel was worse than the original...hard to stay awake throughout the entire thing...shit is just played out. ridiculously stupid last 30 seconds... you are an extremely easy person to entertain if this garbage is something you think is a good movie... cmon Capy, you can do better than this pal

TonyP
    Update your status
    TonyP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

They are both boring

bradthebloke
    bradthebloke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Spoiler warning
    spoiler warning

bradthebloke
    bradthebloke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Spoiler warning
    spoiler warning

DONT READ THIS IF YOU HAVENT SEEN THE SECOND ONE

i thought the second one was ok but did anyone else notice a big hole? it says the bodies of the parents were found by the daughter at the end of the movie. ok, thats fine, but what the hell happened to the maid? she was there the final night when all the shit went down.

BRAVES1985
    BRAVES1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1975

haven't seen the second one but they made killing on the first 1

Nismo
    Nismo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4344

First one was great, doubt the sequel will be as good.

Vrakas
    Vrakas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8912

sounds good to me

BRAVES1985
    BRAVES1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1975

first 1 was pretty good

haven't seen the new 1

tkim8404
    tkim8404's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 982

I'll make sure to check it out.

shawnkang
    shawnkang's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

havent seen the second or first one yet.

vill
    vill's Avatar Become A Pro!

I saw two parts of this film and now there is the third part.

marinagmendes
    marinagmendes's Avatar Become A Pro!

i would watch it, liked the first one

Vegas_bond
    Vegas_bond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10099

I wish they make a movie called "Paranormal Betting" or something.

robotralph
    robotralph's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Im not really into horror movies but i got dragged to see the first one and i thought it was a good concept.

Havent seen the second though.

checkmein
    checkmein's Avatar Become A Pro!

Heee

First one was weird..didnt see second yet

12 Last