Patchan shot; doing okay according to Armwood coach

MattFormer Armwood All-American lineman Matt Patchan, who now plays for the Florida Gators, was shot in the back Friday night at Sadie Park in Brandon, Armwood coach Sean Callahan confirmed Monday morning.

Callahan said he has since talked to Patchan and added that "he's fine." Florida coach Urban Meyer just confirmed in a statement that Patchan was shot and is doing okay.

"I don't know what he was doing there or why they were there," Callahan said. "I don't know all the details. I just know he went to the Brandon hospital. They left (the bullet) in. It's not serious. It's in the soft tissue."

Callahan said Patchan is back in Gainesville and is expected to visit doctors at Shands Hospital today.

Florida_gators_logo"They want to let the doctors at Shands work on it," Callahan said.

The 6-foot-7, 265-pound Patchan early enrolled at Florida in January after graduating from Armwood last December. Recruited as an offensive lineman, he was moved to the defensive line during spring practice. He is expected to be a major contributor this fall.
Link