KingKolzig
    KingKolzig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Another March Madness FLAW

the games basically overlap each other tomorrow. 4 games in a 5 hour span..........dumb. i dont care about primetime. its just dumb. games should start at
    1:00 east
    4:00 east
    7:00 east
    10:00 east

suckerforparlays
    Protein Shakes
    suckerforparlays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 388

atleast you dont got work on friday night lol. I gotta miss some great ball games

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

People that work and CBS/advertisers care about primetime.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's been this way for years. No day games during the week after Round 1 & 2. More people watch these more competitive games in prime time + more people attend in person at night.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Actually two sets of two games, not terrible with DirecTV

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2260

its fine this way

KingKolzig

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    its fine this way
    i agree its fine. its still fine but it could be great. its like you can sleep with 2 of the most popular girls in the nearest high school. only thing is you cant do one friday night and the next saturday night. they have to be at the same time, that would be fine, but it could be better.......you will be back to dad's threads on saturday when you could be doing the 2nd chick

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2260

not everyone can watch during the day..... CBS wants ratings..... why would they have games on during the day, when they can have them on at night? they don't have to fit 16 games in anymore.

I love daytime action more than you know....but still, it wouldn't make sense to try to duplicate the first two rounds time slots when you only have 8 and then 4 games to play in the next two rounds

fsugolf
    fsugolf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

that's why the streams on ncaa.com have the boss button

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by fsugolf View Post
    that's why the streams on ncaa.com have the boss button
    saw that this year, pretty funny

KingKolzig

i think CBS would still love to show the afternoon games. ratings would increase as ppl got home from work and overall they would bring in more revenue then the current format. this has to be an NCAA decision to screw me

G's pks
    Update your status
    G's pks's Avatar Become A Pro!

call and tell them...

KingKolzig

Quote Originally Posted by G's pks View Post
    call and tell them...
    nah i think ill just take a drive over to NCAA headquarters.........its a long drive so i need to save some time so ill just pee into an empty milk jug

KingKolzig

you know what. you are all wrong. if i want to watch Syracuse but they show Washington, then i have to watch that. Sweet 16 of the best tournament in sports and I can't watch it except for short cutaways or the last minutes if it is close

GAY

bobbyfk
    Las Vegas Local
    bobbyfk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

they leave enough room in between games to catch them all....3 hours is plenty of time

KingKolzig

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyfk View Post
    they leave enough room in between games to catch them all....3 hours is plenty of time
    thats a very general statement. are you saying that if i want to watch every second of every game on CBS i can?

bobbyfk
    Las Vegas Local

as long as no games go into OT they *should* show every game in its entirety

Shortstop
    542-481-4 +40.25
    Shortstop's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Sweet Sixteen games have all been played at night as long as I can remember...

KingKolzig

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyfk View Post
    as long as no games go into OT they *should* show every game in its entirety
    how so one game starts at 7:05 and the next at 7:25?

to get to halftime in the first will take about 50 minutes.........so you miss a lot of action there, but then the next set of games starts at 9:35 which will overlap with the 7:25. its just stupid. you guys just love it so much you are willing to overlook its warts
    Points Awarded:

bobbyfk gave KingKolzig 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

hoopster42
    hoopster42's Avatar Become A Pro!

people already got "sick" last thurs and fri so if the gms were in the daytime very few would watch and very few would attend. cbs and the ncaa know exactly what they are doing. don't forget that most normal people have jobs and cannot attend/watch gms during the daytime

hoopster42

i'll have the regional gm on TV and the other on the computer, it's as simple as that. won't miss anything.

bobbyfk
    Las Vegas Local

Quote Originally Posted by KingKolzig View Post
    how so one game starts at 7:05 and the next at 7:25? to get to halftime in the first will take about 50 minutes.........so you miss a lot of action there, but then the next set of games starts at 9:35 which will overlap with the 7:25. its just stupid. you guys just love it so much you are willing to overlook its warts
    my bad...read your OP and i thought THOSE were the start times that you posted

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

id rather have two games at once, personally it drives me bat shit when there only 1 game on at a time

KingKolzig

you should all hope for next years sweet 16 ecah day they start all 4 games at the same time

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by KingKolzig View Post
    i think CBS would still love to show the afternoon games. ratings would increase as ppl got home from work and overall they would bring in more revenue then the current format. this has to be an NCAA decision to screw me
    Of course the ratings would increase as people got home from work. They'd be in the toilet (relatively) during the afternoon and it's not hard to go up from there.

KingKolzig

Quote Originally Posted by DrStale View Post
    Of course the ratings would increase as people got home from work. They'd be in the toilet (relatively) during the afternoon and it's not hard to go up from there.
    nice job omiting that my main point was they would bring in more advertising revenue ............why dont you go telling everyone cornell is better cause they led 10-2 and just never mention the final score

KingKolzig

too much action overlapping tonight, just as i said. i wonder how many ppl had it paused on DVR as they watched another game on their PC..........just make sure to turn the volume down so you dont find out the score of the game thats paused ........what a joke having all these games in a 5 hour block of time

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

kolzig, your seriously telling me you wish you had to sit through that whole uk/cornell shit fest? im soooo glad there was a good game going during that shit its not even funny....god knows how much money i would have lost playing blackjack or something during that crap

hoopster42

the point was proven on it's own, no need to discuss it more, cbs has it right

hii Im J NaSTy
    hii Im J NaSTy's Avatar Become A Pro!

two televisions solve this

hoopster42

Quote Originally Posted by hii Im J NaSTy View Post
    two televisions solve this
    actually, no it doesnt. cbs shows the gms regionally so you can only get one gm on at a time. what solves it is a comp or laptop where you get the alternate gm on cbssports.com. i did this and it worked like a charm

hii Im J NaSTy

theres a package that you can buy

hoopster42

Quote Originally Posted by hii Im J NaSTy View Post
    theres a package that you can buy
    thats right. i forgot since i just watch the gms for free. split screen or pic in pic would do the trick. no need for the second TV unless you've got an old school TV

hii Im J NaSTy

i just have a sweet setup

KingKolzig

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    kolzig, your seriously telling me you wish you had to sit through that whole uk/cornell shit fest? im soooo glad there was a good game going during that shit its not even funny....god knows how much money i would have lost playing blackjack or something during that crap
    i had a lot of props on the game. thats what im talking about, sh1tfest or not a lot of ppl have reasons to watch every second. what if the NFL did wildcard weekend starting games at the same time and at one point all 4 possibly overlapping each other......but you guys saw how many empty seats there were at the first 2 games so i guess real early starts is out of the question

12 Last