lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Broncos +3 versus Jets. Love the Broncos here.

Broncos get to come back to some home cooking this week and nothing is worse for a east coast team than playing in the mile high city at 4pm EST. Broncos as home dogs is one of the most profitable bets in the NFL the last 20 + years and it already lost once this year when the colts won in Denver as big faves so i dont see tha happening two times in a row. The Jets are of course now a big public darling and the pubes are all over them with less rest. Broncos come up big here and pull out the win.

Thoughts.

Jrod124
    Update your status
    Jrod124's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 535

Been telling my cousin all week about this one. Glad to see your on it

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

Like this a lot. Denver has the WRs to expose the Jets secondary. NY has also had trouble the last few games creating pressure.

james4512
    james4512's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 139

well already took the jets -3 but would can prob get 4.5/5 by gametime

Morality
    Morality's Avatar Become A Pro!

Terrible explanation - Jets have this easily.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

I like the Jets in this spot. Solid secondary, solid D, solid offensive ground game, solid wide outs.

Igetp2s
    Igetp2s's Avatar Become A Pro!

Can Denver cover the Jets receivers, or stop the run for that matter? Bailey can only cover one guy. And Jets haven't turned the ball over in 4 weeks. That's a pretty good cause for winning.

PocketChange
    Cheers.
    PocketChange's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jets -3 is one of my posted plays. As I mentioned, I'm not usually big on fading a team because of injuries but take a look at who's out for the Broncos. RB, LB, S, CB and I believe WR Thomas was held out of practice due to a concussion. LT would love to gash an old AFCW rival.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by Morality View Post
    Terrible explanation - Jets have this easily.

Then why is it only -3? I dont give many explanations, mostly winners.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I like the Jets in this spot. Solid secondary, solid D, solid offensive ground game, solid wide outs.
    Yup they have all that. Broncos have the number #2 passing offense in football. The jets corners are shit right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Igetp2s View Post
    Can Denver cover the Jets receivers, or stop the run for that matter? Bailey can only cover one guy. And Jets haven't turned the ball over in 4 weeks. That's a pretty good cause for winning.
    Yup the Jets arent gonna turn over the ball for the entire year.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

i think it comes down to the turnover battle and you cant trust orton in that spot imo, especially with sanchez pick free for the year. I like the over in the matchup a lot tho. Boths teams have a deep offense and average secondaries.

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Actually Orton is a dink and dunk QB that gets rid of the ball quickly. Mcdaniels is a good coach too and shouldn't hang him out to dry. He should incorprate lots of WR screens, misdirection etc. to make it easier on his QB. I was actually impressed with Denver in the Colts game, but they couldn't finish in the red zone.

lakerboy

Jets are a very good team. They will struggle in the mile high city because they will have one less day of rest and the altitude will become a factor in the second half. I have learned over the years you just dont fade the broncos as home dogs.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

You are washed up just quit gambling now pal

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK

The real question is does the line move up, down, or hold?

Kav
    Kav's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 450

bronco's are under rated love them plus the points

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    i think it comes down to the turnover battle and you cant trust orton in that spot imo, especially with sanchez pick free for the year. I like the over in the matchup a lot tho. Boths teams have a deep offense and average secondaries.
    are you even winning in nfl this year?

phillybadboy

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    You are washed up just quit gambling now pal
    why is he washed up?

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by big0mar View Post
    The real question is does the line move up, down, or hold?

if it goes to NYJ -3.5 at the end i will consider this a loss, but i see support for denver on the ml .

sharper2
    sharper2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6817

lb do you like the over? broncos probably wont be able to get that much pass rush, think thisis a shootout

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by sharper2 View Post
    lb do you like the over? broncos probably wont be able to get that much pass rush, think thisis a shootout

no opinion on the total. all i know is the jets will be asking themselves how they lost this game on sunday at around 7:15pm est.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by phillybadboy View Post
    are you even winning in nfl this year?

not really 10-9-1 so far, what about you?

i see you are 15-15 losing juice, nice work. Guess the difference is, I know when to bet big cause im up just like last year.
    Last edited by brooks85; 10-13-10 at 10:57 PM.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Broncos have the number #2 passing offense in football.
    we're 1/4 through the season, those numbers don't means anything. Tomlinson used to destroy this team twice a year when he was with the chargers. I think Sanchez will make some mistakes here but the fact is the Bronco's suck and this is one of the worst teams they have had in the past 15 years.

The Jets don't need to have a good secondary to stop Orton. The guy throws 8 yard passes on slants and comeback routs when was the last time he chucked a 50 yard ball downfield.

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    if it goes to NYJ -3.5 at the end i will consider this a loss, but i see support for denver on the ml .
    ML gone up, no?

chimp
    chimp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 373

taking the jets here. gotta go with the better team like a pube

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    we're 1/4 through the season, those numbers don't means anything. Tomlinson used to destroy this team twice a year when he was with the chargers. I think Sanchez will make some mistakes here but the fact is the Bronco's suck and this is one of the worst teams they have had in the past 15 years.

The Jets don't need to have a good secondary to stop Orton. The guy throws 8 yard passes on slants and comeback routs when was the last time he chucked a 50 yard ball downfield.
    Orton is underrated. He is essentially the same QB as Sanchez except he doesnt have the defense to bail him out. Are you forgetting that Sanchez is protected by the Jets conservative system? What if the Jets fall behind 14-0? Will they keep running the ball? The things tomlinson did vs the broncos 5 years ago mean nothing in this game. He can still have a good game and lose. Oh btw LT 's #'s mean nothing as well 1 '4 of the way thru.

ML gone up, no?
    Has held firm at most shops but hardly moved at pinny.

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2434

I have been a Jets fan my whole life and never bet against them. However, I had this spot circled weeks ago for the Broncos. Havnt brought myself to take it yet. But, the Jets are coming off 3 division games followed by a Monday night game against Farve. This is a huge emotionally let down spot with a short week and long travel.

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14473

my first thoughts when I saw this matchup were go with Denver because of altitude and Jets' short week.

will watch line - not completely sold. It wouldn't surprise me if Sanchez turns it over once or twice in this one, law of averages.

bol all!

joe blow
    joe blow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 99

Quote Originally Posted by PocketChange View Post
    Jets -3 is one of my posted plays. As I mentioned, I'm not usually big on fading a team because of injuries but take a look at who's out for the Broncos. RB, LB, S, CB and I believe WR Thomas was held out of practice due to a concussion. LT would love to gash an old AFCW rival.
    Great post buddy...Jets -3 is also my play

random69
    random69's Avatar Become A Pro!

broncos gona take this one.

pm4e
    pm4e's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3621

I like the Broncos, but I'm hesitant after all the injuries they had against the Ravens. The biggest being the loss of Robert Ayers, their best pass rusher (who stepped in and played very well in the absence of Dumervil).

minet123
    Is JJ a Higher Power ?
    minet123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3753

Like Denver in this spot at home + points

phillybadboy

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    not really 10-9-1 so far, what about you? i see you are 15-15 losing juice, nice work. Guess the difference is, I know when to bet big cause im up just like last year.
    cool cool

Getsome22
    Getsome22's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is knowshon still out?

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

The Broncos could not stop the run or rush the pass last week. I doubt altitude and fatigue will be an issue with an LT/Greene 1-2 punch.

Denver has the WRs to expose the Jets secondary.
    because all you need is a stud WR to show what suckers Revis and Cromartie are? Do you watch football? The pass reliant Broncos aren't going to have anybody open to throw to.

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK

Quote Originally Posted by icancount2one View Post
    The Broncos could not stop the run or rush the pass last week. I doubt altitude and fatigue will be an issue with an LT/Greene 1-2 punch. because all you need is a stud WR to show what suckers Revis and Cromartie are? Do you watch football? The pass reliant Broncos aren't going to have anybody open to throw to.
    Broncos have the deepest receiving corps in the NFL. The Jets have two legitimate NFL corners. Kyle Wilson is terrible, and their 4th CB is Dwight Lowery! And theres a good chance Revis doesn't even play! Imagine if Kyle Wilson is the #2 CB.

The Broncos will move the ball easily, the question is if they can score in the red zone.

1234 ... Last