Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

Here's What Happened To Brock Landers

Brock gave me the okay to tell everyone exaclty what happened as opposed to guys making shit up.

Okay, here is exaclty what happened to Brock Landers, as far as I know.

Earlier this year Brock used betpoints to get an account started at The Greek. He had a great run in college basketball this year. I don't know what he hit, but it really was a high percentage. He was up BIG. In real dollars now, not points. Then basball season came. And, the grind of gambling every day eventually drained his account. So he borrowed some money from people at work. I don't know how much. He used this money to try and get what he had already lost back. It didn't work. He lost their money as well and took out a car title loan, and also wrote some bad checks, one from the Credit Union-and that account he already closed. Also some more checks that he knew he didn't have the funds to cover. I believe if he can't fix this with the banks he could go to jail. He asked me for a loan of $1,600 before he went on his Washington/New York vacation. I told him I couldn't do it. While on vacation with his family he kept gambling. I tried to keep him aflot with a CFB winner here and there but he played too many games and too many parlays, and favorites, he loves favorites. Sunday NFL football was the nail in the coffin. The Tennessee loss to Denver sealed the deal. He was bust, more than bust, and he sent me a text saying he wouldn't be in Champaign for the football game. He was crying a little and I tried to be there for the guy, I could tell it was a rough time. I told him to try to patch it up with his wife any way he could. Then he said he was still paying off the mortgage from his paycheck and his Dad was going to be really pissed when they came back from vacation especially since the only way he could cash his 401K out was to quit his job. Luckily his wife took him back and though he is not allowed to gamble and probably isn't even allowed to look at his own paycheck anymore, one has to wonder...will Brock Landers be back? Time will tell.

brxbmbers42
    brxbmbers42's Avatar Become A Pro!

i wish the guy luck. hope everything works out for him.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

This is sad. At least he used an A+ book and an SBR sponsor so they can collect the affiliate money. Maybe they send some back to his wife to feed his child who doesn't deserve this.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 5 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: jagaf22, bobbyfk, Marginalis, GiveMeaBJ, and excel

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

If that guy comes back to this forum----he needs to be crushed.

He should move on with his life, thank the gods that his family is so understanding and live his life. For cripes sake.

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

Feel bad for his family for bearing the brunt of his mistakes and him for he clearly has a serious problem (perhaps out of his control). Good luck family Landers.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

yes it's sad but gambling has led to much bigger problems than just being broke and unable to gamble any more.
    hopefully he doesn't go to jail for check fraud

not sure why someone would admit to knowing there was no money to cover a check, that's pretty much the only way they can convict you of fraud. otherwise how can anyone PROVE that you knew the check would be bad, they can't.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

sad situation. i fukkin bitched at him and numerous people in threads to stop doing it and stop encouraging him, and created quite a few threads.

brock is a good guy, i just hope he gets his shit fixed

investor
    Chicks jumpin my whip like a moshpit
    investor's Avatar Become A Pro!

LoL Broke Landers was so sure of himself, no wonder he ended up like this.

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

JJ if this is true and you did keep pushing this guy to keep gambling and gambling Knowing that he had a serious problem, dude your day is coming and its not going to be good, dont get me wrong brock deserved what he got but jj you get to walk away like no big deal, you piece of scum, you dont deserve any friends, lol

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

So if I understand this story correctly and I'd like to think I don't know how to read, you're saying SBR killed Brock Landers?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: pavyracer

kmarinouofm
    Those who stay.. will be Champions!
    kmarinouofm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3457

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Bait View Post

Then he said he was still paying off the mortgage from his paycheck and his Dad was going to be really pissed when they came back from vacation especially since the only way he could cash his 401K out was to quit his job.

i dont understand this sentence.. who had to quit?

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

I know I should feel for the guy...but I don't....it's called karma, deal with it
    Points Awarded:

Marginalis gave Dirty Sanchez 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

GiveMeaBJ gave Dirty Sanchez 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by nosniboR11 View Post
    JJ if this is true and you did keep pushing this guy to keep gambling and gambling Knowing that he had a serious problem, dude your day is coming and its not going to be good, dont get me wrong brock deserved what he got but jj you get to walk away like no big deal, you piece of scum, you dont deserve any friends, lol
    your fukkin clown

I wish I had to power to sway people because I would do it all the time and take money from them

Jrod124
    Update your status
    Jrod124's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 535

Quote Originally Posted by kmarinouofm View Post
    i dont understand this sentence.. who had to quit?
    The only way to access your 401K is to quit your job

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

Brock gave me the okay to tell everyone exaclty what happened as opposed to guys making shit up.

Earlier this year Brock used betpoints to get an account started at The Greek. He had a great run in college basketball this year. I don't know what he hit, but it really was a high percentage. He was up BIG. In real dollars now, not points. Then basball season came. And, the grind of gambling every day eventually drained his account. So he borrowed some money from people at work. I don't know how much. He used this money to try and get what he had already lost back. It didn't work. He lost their money as well and took out a car title loan, and also wrote some bad checks, one from the Credit Union-and that account he already closed. Also some more checks that he knew he didn't have the funds to cover. I believe if he can't fix this with the banks he could go to jail. He asked me for a loan of $1,600 before he went on his Washington/New York vacation. I told him I couldn't do it. While on vacation with his family he kept gambling. I tried to keep him aflot with a CFB winner here and there but he played too many games and too many parlays, and favorites, he loves favorites. Sunday NFL football was the nail in the coffin. The Tennessee loss to Denver sealed the deal. He was bust, more than bust, and he sent me a text saying he wouldn't be in Champaign for the football game. He was crying a little and I tried to be there for the guy, I could tell it was a rough time. I told him to try to patch it up with his wife any way he could. Then he said he was still paying off the mortgage from his paycheck and his Dad was going to be really pissed when they came back from vacation especially since the only way he could cash his 401K out was to quit his job. Luckily his wife took him back and though he is not allowed to gamble and probably isn't even allowed to look at his own paycheck anymore, one has to wonder...will Brock Landers be back? Time will tell.

who knows if any of this is true, but either way, what a fukin loser!

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

NICKY: You call yourself a man? You know you're a lyin', low-life, motherfuckin' gambling degenerate prick? You know that's what you are? Two small kids at home. I gave you money to pay the fuckin' rent and buy groceries, put the heat on. You know your wife called Frankie and told him the fuckin' heat's off?

NICKY: Huh? And you didn't gamble that fuckin' money? You're gonna stand here and tell me that?

NICKY: Don't fuuk with me, Al! Don't make a fuuk out of me! You want to embarrass me and make a fool out of me?! You didn't gamble?! Tell me you gambled the fuckin' money, I'll give you the fuckin' money to put the fuckin' heat on! Did you gamble?! Huh?!

NICKY: Fuckin' degenerate, you... Fuckin' kids at home! Here. (Giving him the money.) Get the fuuk out of here.

NICKY: Yeah, thanks.

NICKY: Let me find out you ****** up, I'll leave you wherever I find you.

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Thats tough for the guy, its sad some people have no self control.

investor
    Chicks jumpin my whip like a moshpit
    investor's Avatar Become A Pro!

I guess going 80% with his rubber band plays finally caught up to him
    Points Awarded:

manny24 gave investor 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

He can take a loan on his 401k without quitting his job. My guess is he already did this and used it to gamble and the only way to liquidate it now and pay his debtors who are his coworkers is to quit his job.

jjgold

It could be another story, gamblers are the greatest conmen you will ever meet.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod124 View Post
    The only way to access your 401K is to quit your job
    Yes you can usually take loans but if you want all of it at once, you can't be employed there.

EaglesPhan, I am not saying SBR killed Brock, he knew what he was doing, just had to get the storyline correct so everyone understands how he hid it for as long as he did.

minet123
    Is JJ a Higher Power ?
    minet123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3753

We admitted we were powerless over our addiction, that our lives had become unmanageable

brxbmbers42
    brxbmbers42's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    He can take a loan on his 401k without quitting his job. My guess is he already did this and used it to gamble and the only way to liquidate it now and pay his debtors who are his coworkers is to quit his job.
    he should look into a hardship withdrawal

fsugolf
    fsugolf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

sorry to hear, gl brock, stay away from the forums/gambling

diamond
    diamond's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sad hear. I was one of the guys trying to help him stop, he never listened

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

his wife needs to leave his sorry ass before he squanders everything they have, not that they probably have much, but she needs to get what the fuk she can & tell his ass to hit the street

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by brxbmbers42 View Post
    he should look into a hardship withdrawal
    Even a hardship withdrawl wouldn't be enough, plus some places allow different things. Brock already had 2 loans out on his 401K.

wal66
    wal66's Avatar Become A Pro!

He should have used RebateWager, then he would only be 75% broke.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: mdemps9190

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

your fukkin clown

I wish I had to power to sway people because I would do it all the time and take money from them
    You DID encourage him at times and whether you want to believe it or not, there are some sick people on this forum who actually care about impressing a hermit in Jersey. On the other hand, there were a few times I saw you tell him not to make certain plays as you didn't agree with them but still... you and your damn 'If you quit gambling you're a loser' threads don't help anyone. Some of the people on here are messed up and looking for validation wherever they can get it. Try to remember that the next time you start a thread merely to drive up traffic.

Coug, the next time you talk to Brock let him know that a lot of us are hoping he can sort this out eventually and walk away from gambling with his family intact. I've seen too many people fall into shit like this and it rarely ends well but hopefully he's one of the lucky few who can repair the damage and get the help he obviously needs. Life's too short for this nonsense.
    Points Awarded:

bobbyfk gave shari91 4 SBR Point(s) for this post.

jjgold

A compulsive gambler listens to no one, you need to go to meetings every week forever

He has two options quit for good and or just leave family forever if he wants to gamble and be broke

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Brock looks up to JJGold.. JJ has numerous videos out encouraging brock to gamble more, but did he make this one

DaProfessor23
    DaProfessor23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Potential Movie Script???? but if this all is true my heart goes out to the landers family.

jjgold

If you let someone on a gambling forum make decisions for you something is wrong

That will be the day somewhere here influences me in the game of life

Unreal we have some real fukkin losers in this thread
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ZetaPsi808

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    Brock looks up to JJGold.. JJ has numerous videos out encouraging brock to gamble more, but did he make this one

Good find Dalton

minet123
    Is JJ a Higher Power ?
    minet123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3753

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    A compulsive gambler listens to no one, you need to go to meetings every week forever

He has two options quit for good and or just leave family forever if he wants to gamble and be broke
    Wrong
    Go to meeting means nothing if you don't
    have a sponsor
    have a home group
    and share HONESTLY
    and GA is for moron Compulsive slot players
    degenerate gamblers are a different breed

1234 ... Last