mofome
    mofome's Avatar Become A Pro!

Name the moron:

“There’s an old…saying in Tennessee…I know it’s in Texas, probably in Tennessee that says Fool me once…(3 second pause)… Shame on…(4 second pause)…Shame on you….(6 second pause)…Fool me…Can’t get fooled again.” ?

Nashville, Tennessee, Sept. 17, 2002.

buztah
    buztah's Avatar Become A Pro!

dubya

swede96
    swede96's Avatar Become A Pro!

Duh. That was easy.

betplom
    maniac
    betplom's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mofome View Post
    Can’t get fooled again.

Isn't that a song by The Who?

mofome

Quote Originally Posted by swede96 View Post
    Duh. That was easy.

think to yourself, was this an actual trivia question or just a chance to throw a cheap shot at the clown who our nation is identified with? people who voted for him twice should lose their right to vote.

mofome

Quote Originally Posted by betplom View Post
    Isn't that a song by The Who?

swede96

think to yourself, was this an actual trivia question or just a chance to throw a cheap shot at the clown who our nation is identified with? people who voted for him twice should lose their right to vote.

My favorite Dubya quote is:

"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream."

That's some really deep stuff.

mathdotcom
    mathdotcom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1943

What was the alternative?

Gore - his movie on climate change is a textbook example of the folly of reverse causation.

Kerry - do I need to say anymore?

Dubya is still more articulate than almost anyone under the age of 20 these days. "Like... uh, cuz like.. totally... you know... i think that... yeah, you know..."

swede96

Quote Originally Posted by mathdotcom View Post

Gore - his movie on climate change is a textbook example of the folly of reverse causation.

Dubya is still more articulate than almost anyone under the age of 20 these days. "Like... uh, cuz like.. totally... you know... i think that... yeah, you know..."
    Well, as long as he's smarter than a teenager he's qualified to run our contry.

mofome

What was the alternative? are you kidding me? You can knock Gore (nobel prize winner, im certain bush will be the next) for whatever you will, but he would have been a much better choice. more people thought that time, im sure many more do now.

Dubya is more articulate than most people under the age of 20? is that what you just said? thats a fine stance to take to the podium. Did i mention im talking about the vote for president, not class clown.

mathdotcom

You can knock Gore (nobel prize winner, im certain bush will be the next) for whatever you will, but he would have been a much better choice.
    So you're saying he has a long list of faults/retarded ideas... but he would have been better than Bush? Who's to say?

My point about Bush being more articulate than most 20 year olds is not to suggest that he is therefore fit to be President. I'm just saying that many people who mock his verbal slip-ups are a bunch of teenage morons who can't form a train of thought let alone a sentence without "like, totally, you know" in it.

mofome

So you're saying he has a long list of faults/retarded ideas... but he would have been better than Bush? Who's to say?

My point about Bush being more articulate than most 20 year olds is not to suggest that he is therefore fit to be President. I'm just saying that many people who mock his verbal slip-ups are a bunch of teenage morons who can't form a train of thought let alone a sentence without "like, totally, you know" in it.

ah well, i would suggest that you take that up with said demographic.

Bush has had slightly more money put into his edumucation than most teenagers, or so I would assume; maybe he should be more well spoken? To say that he is, is nothing more than an assumption, however.

mathdotcom

Growing up on a ranch talking to cattle all day doesn't help.

Some people are crappy public speakers, too. Then again, how many years has he been Governor/President?

mofome

Growing up on a ranch talking to cattle all day doesn't help.

Some people are crappy public speakers, too. Then again, how many years has he been Governor/President?

Not as if he grew up on your average ranch. Either way, I don't care to get into a pissing match over which of these arrogant assholes should be given the power to embarrass our country further; I just read the quote and thought it was funny.

Sportsgirl
    Sportsgirl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

When I first saw GW Bush, I thought he looked an awful lot like:

But, don't take that as any political bias from me. As a registered Independant, I try and always vote for the person who is the least lying sack of shit of the two options.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 01-28-15 at 11:26 AM. Reason: image does not exist

mofome

Parties are ridiculous. How can you possibly try to divide a country so diverse into 2 distinct parties. You identify yourself with either and people assume they know a great deal about you. eh, no need to go on.

thegreatdiatchi
    thegreatdiatchi's Avatar Become A Pro!

I hate how two parties have all the control and the alternatives aren't taken seriously. With that being said, the Bush Administration has done more damage to this country than any administration since at least the stock market crash of the Hoover era. In addition to this, our government is generally hated around the world because instead of just going to Afganistan like we were supposed to we decided that we also needed to go to Iraq.

My six going on seven year old cousin could win a debate with that clown.

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

betplom's avatar and swede's avatar?? something similar here...

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

funny stuff

StraitShooter
    Miami Florida
    StraitShooter's Avatar Become A Pro!

damn mo had over 13k post here..plus a million at eog...sad

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

Parties are ridiculous. How can you possibly try to divide a country so diverse into 2 distinct parties. You identify yourself with either and people assume they know a great deal about you. eh, no need to go on.
    it's a 2 party system so someone doesn't get voted in with only 34 percent of vote, which could be awful for 66 percent of people. sometimes when there is a third party all it does is act as a spoiler. but i agree it's hard to pick one if you have differences on 2 or 3 issues. having trouble with that myself.

excel
    unapproved
    excel's Avatar Become A Pro!