It's all about the money...
    bretb27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

this post ^ classic bro

jimmyg2727
    jimmyg2727's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by bretb27 View Post
    you live in mass, and you're a cowboys fan... wouldn't that make you a bandwagon fan? lol the only things worse than a fairweather fan is a bandwagon fan

Bandwagon fan??? r u serious.. I have been a Cowboys fan since i was 6 years old and recieved my first Cowboys shirt for X-mas.. I have been a fan even in the late 80's when Steve Pelleur and Gary Hogaboom were the Qb's....My favorite player was Micheal Downs back in the 80's and Eugene "the hitting machine " Lockheart in late 80's....I stayed with my team thru the 3-13 and 1-15 seasons...I was pissed off when Tex Shram was gone and some new guy named Jerry Jones bought the team and fired our coach Tom Landry... Call me whatever you want but I am not a bandwagon or fairweather fan...always have and always will be a Cowboy fan no mateer how good or bad they are. ( oh and even though it doesn't matter I do have family in Texas)

jimmyg2727

Quote Originally Posted by Naz18 View Post
    Newsflash: winning fills up seats

A more appropriate title/topic would be "I hate the Patriots"

Really?? Dallas and many other teams fill up the seats win or lose...and have been for years

bretb27

I never called you a bandwagon fan, I simply asked if you were. I'm from Mass as well, and I agree they are fairweather fans but that's only because they're used to getting screwed. None of the new age fans are like that, because we grew up with the pats and sox winning.

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyg2727 View Post
    Bandwagon fan??? r u serious.. I have been a Cowboys fan since i was 6 years old and recieved my first Cowboys shirt for X-mas.. I have been a fan even in the late 80's when Steve Pelleur and Gary Hogaboom were the Qb's....My favorite player was Micheal Downs back in the 80's and Eugene "the hitting machine " Lockheart in late 80's....I stayed with my team thru the 3-13 and 1-15 seasons...I was pissed off when Tex Shram was gone and some new guy named Jerry Jones bought the team and fired our coach Tom Landry... Call me whatever you want but I am not a bandwagon or fairweather fan...always have and always will be a Cowboy fan no mateer how good or bad they are. ( oh and even though it doesn't matter I do have family in Texas)
    Landry never won a Super Bowl without Staubach.

Lombardi didn't win a Super Bowl without Starr.

Madden didn't win a Super Bowl without Stabler.

Noll never won a Super Bowl without Bradshaw.

Jimmy Johnson didn't win a Super Bowl without Aikman.

Shanahan never won a Super Bowl without Elway.

You starting to see a pattern here yet Jimmy?

bretb27

that's a pretty good list of qb's... maybe my crazy theory on how the coach isn't all that important isn't so crazy afterall!

Quote Originally Posted by MartinBlank View Post

OmgUrMom
    OmgUrMom's Avatar Become A Pro!

oh boy

Rixsaw
    Rixsaw's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

1. He never wins a superbowl without Brady. This is a fact. 2. He has always had some of the top assistant coaches to help win ( look what Crennel and Wies are doing in K.C.) Not to mention Scott Pioli GM .Rex Ryan will keep out coaching him until he retires
    It's debatable whether Belichick is the best, good or bad coach. However, it is undoubtedly that your arguments are moronic at best.
    This is a team sport. "Team" comprises of many pieces: the players, the coaching staff, the front office and the back office.

jimmyg2727

Yeah..I get your point... I still think Belichick is overrated

And by the way. I believe in 1971 when Dallas won there 1st superbowl. Morton and Staubach split time for half the season... even though Laundry went with Staubach I think they still may have got to the superbowl with the with Morton at QB ( as Morton did in get the Broncos to the superbowl in 1977)

MartinBlank

Quote Originally Posted by bretb27 View Post
    that's a pretty good list of qb's... maybe my crazy theory on how the coach isn't all that important isn't so crazy afterall!
    Or----a great coach makes a great QB.

Not so sure Joe Montana would be the legend he is if he played in a different offense.

Those old school coaches---Landry, Noll, Madden, Lombardi----had an eye for talent----much like Belichek drafting Brady in the 6th round.

Montana was a 3rd rd pick.
    Staubach a 10th round pick.
    Starr was a 17th round pick.
    Stabler a late 2nd round pick.
    Brady a 6th round pick.

jimmyg2727

Quote Originally Posted by Rixsaw View Post
    It's debatable whether Belichick is the best, good or bad coach. However, it is undoubtedly that your arguments are moronic at best.
    This is a team sport. "Team" comprises of many pieces: the players, the coaching staff, the front office and the back office.

I agree that any number of coaches could have taken that Pats team and won the superbowl... I just think people give Belichick to much credit... I guess you can make that argument for all coaches in general.

MartinBlank

Yeah..I get your point... I still think Belichick is overrated

And by the way. I believe in 1971 when Dallas won there 1st superbowl. Morton and Staubach split time for half the season... even though Laundry went with Staubach I think they still may have got to the superbowl with the with Morton at QB ( as Morton did in get the Broncos to the superbowl in 1977)
    I am a Cowboy fan too, and this is how 1971 played out.

Landry started the year with Morton---they got beat by the Saints in a MNF game, and then Landry swtiched to Staubach.

In the middle of the year against Chicago---Landry lost his mind and alternated Morton and Staubach each play. They lost again.

In week 8---Landry went with Staubach full-time---and Dallas won 10 straight, including the Super Bowl.

samdapatriotsfan
    samdapatriotsfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1040

This is good stuff!!!

Keep making me !!!

Grux
    Grux's Avatar Become A Pro!

Belichick is the best coach of his era and is top 5 all time. Name me a better coach the last 10 years? Rex Ryan can't hold Belichicks jock strap.

Bill Belichick is in his 35th season as an NFL coach and is the only head coach in NFL history to win three super bowls in a four year span. In his nine seasons as Patrios head coach, Belichick has won 116 games - which is already more than any other head coach in NFL history through his first 10 seasons with a team.

Belichick was hired by Chairman and CEO Robert Kraft on Jan. 27, 2000 and is in his 10th season at Patriots head coach. Through nine seasons, Belichick has delivered three Super Bowl championships, four conference titles, six division crowns and 14 playoff victories, while posting and overall record of 116-45. Belichick directed the patriots to victories in Super Bowls XXXVl (2001), XXXVll (2003) and XXXlX (2004), and in 2007 he became the first NFL head coach to guide his team to a 16-0 regular season.

jimmyg2727

[quote=MartinBlank;6583233]I am a Cowboy fan too, and this is how 1971 played out.

Landry started the year with Morton---they got beat by the Saints in a MNF game, and then Landry swtiched to Staubach.

In the middle of the year against Chicago---Landry lost his mind and alternated Morton and Staubach each play. They lost again.

In week 8---Landry went with Staubach full-time---and Dallas won 10 straight, including the Super Bowl.

[/quote

jimmyg2727

Quote Originally Posted by Grux View Post
    Belichick is the best coach of his era and is top 5 all time. Name me a better coach the last 10 years? Rex Ryan can't hold Belichicks jock strap.

Bill Belichick is in his 35th season as an NFL coach and is the only head coach in NFL history to win three super bowls in a four year span. In his nine seasons as Patrios head coach, Belichick has won 116 games - which is already more than any other head coach in NFL history through his first 10 seasons with a team.

Belichick was hired by Chairman and CEO Robert Kraft on Jan. 27, 2000 and is in his 10th season at Patriots head coach. Through nine seasons, Belichick has delivered three Super Bowl championships, four conference titles, six division crowns and 14 playoff victories, while posting and overall record of 116-45. Belichick directed the patriots to victories in Super Bowls XXXVl (2001), XXXVll (2003) and XXXlX (2004), and in 2007 he became the first NFL head coach to guide his team to a 16-0 regular season.
    also head coach in history to go 16-0 and then lose the superbowl ( The only one that really counts) If his team was so good to go 16-0 how could he possible not win the superbowl??

You left out a couple years...

1991-1994 Belichich 36-44 (without Brady) I do think they made the playoffs once

Grux

also head coach in history to go 16-0 and then lose the superbowl ( The only one that really counts) If his team was so good to go 16-0 how could he possible not win the superbowl??

You left out a couple years...

1991-1994 Belichich 36-44 (without Brady) I do think they made the playoffs once

2008 - Tom Brady knocked out of first game. Record 11-5 with Matt Cassel at QB. You don't win Championships without great QB's and coaches. If it is all the qb how come Dan Marino doesn't have a ring? You haven't answered my question, WHO HAS COACHED BETTER THE LAST 10 YEARS!!!

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

2008 - Tom Brady knocked out of first game. Record 11-5 with Matt Cassel at QB. You don't win Championships without great QB's and coaches. If it is all the qb how come Dan Marino doesn't have a ring? You haven't answered my question, WHO HAS COACHED BETTER THE LAST 10 YEARS!!!
    Your trying to reason with a guy that is totally clueless and biased.

jimmyg2727

I forgot .. 2000 when Brady was not playing QB yet Pats went 5-11 and did not make the playoffs... so that makes Belichick record without Brady 41-55 not to great. hmmmmmmm

Grux

I forgot .. 2000 when Brady was not playing QB yet Pats went 5-11 and did not make the playoffs... so that makes Belichick record without Brady 41-55 not to great. hmmmmmmm
    Who is a better coach the last 10 years?

jimmyg2727

Take your pick... Give any decent coach that Pats team with Brady at QB and they win the same amount of games and superbowls...

Grux

Take your pick... Give any decent coach that Pats team with Brady at QB and they win the same amount of games and superbowls...

MartinBlank

I can't think of a single coach better than Belichek in the last 20 years.

Any of you guys ever visit the Pro-Football Hall of Fame in Canton?

Did you know that Belichek's Defensive Game Plan from the Giants SB Win over Buffalo is on display?

Parcells never won a SB without Belichek as his defensive coordinator.

Grux

Did you know that Belichek's Defensive Game Plan from the Giants SB Win over Buffalo is on display?

Thank you.

OmgUrMom
    OmgUrMom's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol this guy is the most clueless motherfukka alive....i hope this is just a cleverly disguised level

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

mgcolby
    mgcolby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 498

Dude you are a ******* idiot! You would be best served if you actually went back and studied a little history. But then again why would you take that advice, after all you are an idiot for a reason. But hey its not your fault, you just don't know that you're stupid.

So here you go.

The Browns: The Browns were coming off an 11-5 season and a playoff win. When it was announced that Modell was looking to move the team. FA's wouldn't sign, Modell wouldn't spend any money (cause his ass was broke), the players were up in the air about their future and Modell never got along with Belichick, because Modell thought he was a better football man than Belichick. So instead of continuing to build off a very good season Modell ensured that he tanked and moved the team to Baltimore, because again his ass was broke!

Parcells went to 3 SB's as a head coach and in all 3 seasons Belichick was his defensive coordinator. His defense won a superbowl with a backup QB in Jeff Hostettler and held one of the greatest offenses of all time to 19 points. Actually to go further Parcells has never gone to a Conferance championship game without Belichick.

Belichick led the Pats into the SB at 18-0 and lost it on the final drive. A drive where it took the biggest circus catch in SB history, after half the defense missed a sack on Manning, and a dropped gift of an interception that went through Asante Samuel's hands. With a 2nd year play caller on offense and (I'll give you 10 points if you can name the Defensive coordinator of that team without googling it).

And to the cheating accusations, you do realize that Jimmy Johnson stated on the Fox pregame show shortly after that went public, that he himself had been doing that his entire coaching career. And that its as old as video cameras themselves. So I guess two of your SB trophies from the 90's aren't as shiney either.

I could keep going, but its kind of pointless debating with a moron. Because a moron will never realize....well... that he is acting like a moron.

Edit: Forgot to add that every home game since Kraft bought the team in 94 has been sold out in New England. But lets not let little things like facts get in the way of a good argument.

How are those mortgages....I mean PSL's going down there in the big D?
    Last edited by mgcolby; 09-27-10 at 07:28 PM.

jimmyg2727

Parcells did get the Pats with Bledsoe to the superbowl.... Belichick learned how to evalute talent and work the draft form Parcells... Belichic is a good coach never said he wasn't ... maybe even great Defensive coordinator.... but still overrated . any decent coach wins the superbowl with that Pats team . Just like Barry Switzer won with Dallas.

mgcolby

Parcells did get the Pats with Bledsoe to the superbowl.... Belichick learned how to evalute talent and work the draft form Parcells... Belichic is a good coach never said he wasn't ... maybe even great Defensive coordinator.... but still overrated . any decent coach wins the superbowl with that Pats team . Just like Barry Switzer won with Dallas.
    And who was his assistant Head Coach that year when he made it to the superbowl with Bledsoe???? Bueller...Bueller...

Tymmy
    Tymmy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Please.... Boston fans and I'm from there

morons...

How many times has Bele-assshole outcoached Ryan.

Answer: None

ehp6737
    ehp6737's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

Quote Originally Posted by OmgUrMom View Post
    dude stfu you are an idiot.

Do you realize brady was like a 6th round pick? Pats went 11-5 with cassel at QB i believe.

So go fukk yourself and there is a good chance he would of won a superbowl without brady.
    Couldn't have said it better myself

Tymmy

Belechek is known to be awful with his draft picks during his tenure.

Disagree????

Check the history. How many of his draft picks really panned out??

Mayo and.......

3 Super Bowls huh???

ahhhhh....... No.

The 1st doesn't count.

The Raiders beat them in the snow. They won that game. It was over.

Referees took care of that.....

I don't care what anyone says... and you heard me right...

The first one doesn't count!!! period.

MartinBlank

This question remains on the board.

If Belichek isn't the best coach in the last 10 years----who is?

Seriously.

Who would you place above him?

Tymmy

and no... Brady is NOT one of his.

mgcolby

Quote Originally Posted by Tymmy View Post
    Belechek is known to be awful with his draft picks during his tenure.

Disagree????

Check the history. How many of his draft picks really panned out??

Mayo and.......

3 Super Bowls huh???

ahhhhh....... No.

The 1st doesn't count.

The Raiders beat them in the snow. They won that game. It was over.

Referees took care of that.....

I don't care what anyone says... and you heard me right...

The first one doesn't count!!! period.
    Another moron to add to the list. The Pats, Colts, Steelers, Chargers and Eagles have drafted better than every team in the league over the past 10 years.

First 12345 ... Last