sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

5dimes cheated me.

Placed a 2 team 6pt teaser last night and had 2 options.

6pts ties win at -105
    6pts reduced at +100

I obviously choose the reduced juice option since I sacrificed a sign up bonus for the reduced juice.

Well 1 game won and the other game landed on the number, I check my account this morning and the bet was cancelled

The reduced juice option did not specify that ties win but since it was right next to the 6 pts ties win one would assume than this was the same wager only with reduced juice.

So anybody with a brain can figure out that the reduced juice option is not reduced it is actually more expensive than the non reduced option.

I have always thought of 5dimes as a legit book and am very disappointed that they would run a D- rated book type misleading move like this it is bad enough that they shade their lines on teasers as is.
    Last edited by sharpcat; 08-29-10 at 01:33 PM.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Did you talk to their chat yet?

sharpcat

Yes I talked to live chat, spoke to CS on the phone and talked to Tony on live chat.

Girl on live chat said "ties lose means a push loses, ties win means a push results in a cancelled wager" apparently they have changed the definition of win since I last read the dictionary.

brxbmbers42
    brxbmbers42's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tony is "god". What he says goes. Played with them for 4 days and bailed. Will never play with them again.

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by brxbmbers42 View Post
    Tony is "god". What he says goes. Played with them for 4 days and bailed. Will never play with them again.
    im starting to think of playing elsewhere myself

sharpcat

He is totally taking advantage of players who choose to play teasers at his book who do not know any better

sharpcat

If you look closely you will notice that on games that are at numbers like +1 a 6pt teaser will only tease the game to +6 1st grade math tells me that this is only a 5pt teaser but it is advertised a 6.

TobiasFunke
    Never Nude
    TobiasFunke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 46

How was Tony's attitude on the chat?

sharpcat

I am pretty pissed off about this because I had the opportunity to bet this at another book on a half point number where my bet would have won but I chose to bet it at 5dimes because I was mislead into believing that ties win which would have made it the same bet as at the other book but only cheaper.

Reducued juice my ass

sharpcat

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasFunke View Post
    How was Tony's attitude on the chat?
    I left the chat I could not stand his B.S. anymore.

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by sharpcat View Post
    I am pretty pissed off about this because I had the opportunity to bet this at another book on a half point number where my bet would have won but I chose to bet it at 5dimes because I was mislead into believing that ties win which would have made it the same bet as at the other book but only cheaper.

Reducued juice my ass
    maybe fill out an SBR Complaint? I guess it might not help though

sharpcat

Be aware teasers are almost always a terrible play at 5dimes always pay close attention because many times 5dimes will try to slip you a 5 point teaser when you selected a 6 point teaser.

Also never select the reduced juice option it is a scam and is actually more expensive than the non reduced option.

Estimated reduced juice odds per number due to a push resulting in a tie when non reduced a push would be a tie:
    1= -105.13
    2= -104.04
    3= -121.70
    4= -106.16
    5= -103.42
    6= -107.04
    7= -112.13
    8= -104.37
    9= -101.82
    10= -110.33
    11= -104.54
    12= -100.88
    13= -102.63
    14= -110.30
    15= -102.96
    16= -107.21
    17= -109.53
    18= -104.77
    19= +100

These are just the lines assuming 1 game of a 2 team teaser lands on an even number if both numbers land on an even number it is almost always cheaper to play the non reduced teaser.
    Last edited by sharpcat; 08-29-10 at 06:07 PM.

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

Hang on, sharpcat......... you are misinterpreting what reduced means, and thus, the wager is graded correctly:

Ties win at -105 means that you would have won on a teaser that had all wins and ties. If you would have selected this option, you would have won your teaser.

Reduced at +100 means that ties are treated as 'no action', thus a 3 team teaser that has a tie and 2 wins, would be 'reduced' to a 2 team teaser winner. In your case, you had a two-teamer that had a win and a tie, thus, you have a 1-team teaser, which is a no-action bet.

'Reduced' in this case pertains to the number of teams, not the juice.

djefferis
    djefferis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 437

Perhaps I am missing something here, but you chose the +100 over -105 option, when the -105 is clearly labeled ties win, why would you think the +100 is the same terms.

The fact you chose reduced juice at sign up generally would only apply to straight wagers, no shops I know off offer increased parlay/teaser odds in lieu of a bonus.

Sorry it turned out this way, but as always CLARIFY BEFORE wagering. Be glad they did not say ties lose imho.

sharpcat

Quote Originally Posted by mtneer1212 View Post
    Hang on, sharpcat......... you are misinterpreting what reduced means, and thus, the wager is graded correctly:

Ties win at -105 means that you would have won on a teaser that had all wins and ties. If you would have semected this option, you would have won your teaser.

Reduced at +100 means that ties are treated as 'no action', thus a 3 team teaser that has a tie and 2 wins, would be 'reduced' to a 2 team teaser winner. In your case, you had a two-teamer that had a win and a tie, thus, you have a 1-team teaser, which is a no-action bet.

This was not specified and it is set up on the site so that one would think that the reduced juice option was the same as the no reduced option.

As you can see from the chart above because of the push resulting in a "No-action" wager that you are not getting +100 as advertised on any number other than 19.

CrimsonQueen
    CrimsonQueen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1660

Ties win at -105 means that you would have won on a teaser that had all wins and ties. If you would have selected this option, you would have won your teaser.

I was under this same impression.

mtneer1212

Quote Originally Posted by djefferis View Post
    Perhaps I am missing something here, but you chose the +100 over -105 option, when the -105 is clearly labeled ties win, why would you think the +100 is the same terms.

The fact you chose reduced juice at sign up generally would only apply to straight wagers, no shops I know off offer increased parlay/teaser odds in lieu of a bonus.

Sorry it turned out this way, but as always CLARIFY BEFORE wagering. Be glad they did not say ties lose imho.

Because reduced in this case pertains to the treatment of ties, not the juice. See above.

sharpcat

2,5,8,9,11,12,13,15,18,19 are the only numbers you are getting a reduced price on and all other numbers you are actually paying more than the non-reduced -105 line.

sharpcat

I learned my lesson here but it is deceptive the way the site does not clarify that ties result in no-action like they clarify on all other options that ties either win or lose.

I understand the rule but I am upset that they would put this wager right next to the ties win option and list it as reduced it is misleading and it cost me a win last night.
    2-15 Teaser - ties reduce - football 5 pts - basketball 4 pts
    2-15 Teaser - ties win - football 5 pts - basketball 4 pts
    2-15 Teaser - ties reduce - football 5½ pts - basketball 4½ pts
    2-15 Teaser - ties win - football 5½ pts - basketball 4½ pts
    2-15 Teaser - ties reduce - football 6 pts - basketball 4½ pts
    2-15 Teaser - ties win - football 6 pts - basketball 4½ pts

2-15 Teaser - ties reduce - football 6½ pts - basketball 5 pts
    2-15 Teaser - ties win - football 6½ pts - basketball 5 pts
    2-15 Teaser - ties reduce - football 7 pts - basketball 5½ pts
    2-15 Teaser - ties win - football 7 pts - basketball 5½ pts
    2-15 Teaser - ties reduce - football 7½ pts - basketball 5½ pts
    2-15 Teaser - ties win - football 7½ pts - basketball 5½ pts
    2-15 Teaser - ties reduce - football 8 pts - basketball 6 pts
    2-15 Teaser - ties win - football 8 pts - basketball 6 pts
    2-15 Teaser - ties reduce - football 8½ pts - basketball 6 pts
    2-15 Teaser - ties win - football 8½ pts - basketball 6 pts
    2-15 Teaser - ties reduce - football 9 pts - basketball 6½ pts
    2-15 Teaser - ties win - football 9 pts - basketball 6½ pts
    2-15 Teaser - ties reduce - football 9½ pts - basketball 6½ pts
    2-15 Teaser - ties lose - football 10 pts - basketball 7 pts
    2-15 Teaser - ties reduce - football 10 pts - basketball 7 pts
    2-15 Teaser - ties lose - football 10½ pts - basketball 7½ pts
    2-15 Teaser - ties reduce - football 10½ pts - basketball 7½ pts
    2-15 Teaser - ties lose - football 11 pts - basketball 8 pts
    2-15 Teaser - ties reduce - football 11 pts - basketball 8 pts
    2-15 Teaser - ties lose - football 11½ pts - basketball 8½ pts
    2-15 Teaser - ties reduce - football 11½ pts - basketball 8½ pts
    2-15 Teaser - ties lose - football 12 pts - basketball 9 pts
    2-15 Teaser - ties reduce - football 12 pts - basketball 9 pts
    2-15 Teaser - ties lose - football 12½ pts - basketball 9½ pts
    2-15 Teaser - ties reduce - football 12½ pts - basketball 9½ pts
    2-15 Teaser - ties lose - football 13 pts - basketball 10 pts
    2-15 Teaser - ties reduce - football 13 pts - basketball 10 pts
    2-15 Teaser - ties lose - football 13½ pts - basketball 10½ pts
    2-15 Teaser - ties reduce - football 13½ pts - basketball 10½ pts
    2-15 Teaser - ties lose - football 14 pts - basketball 11 pts
    2-15 Teaser - ties reduce - football 14 pts - basketball 11 pts
    2-15 Teaser - ties lose - football 14½ pts - basketball 11½ pts
    2-15 Teaser - ties reduce - football 14½ pts - basketball 11½ pts
    2-15 Teaser - ties lose - football 15 pts - basketball 12 pts
    2-15 Teaser - ties reduce - football 15 pts - basketball 12 pts
    2-15 Teaser - ties lose - football 15½ pts - basketball 12½ pts
    2-15 Teaser - ties reduce - football 15½ pts - basketball 12½ pts
    2-15 Teaser - ties lose - football 16 pts - basketball 13 pts
    2-15 Teaser - ties reduce - football 16 pts - basketball 13 pts
    2-15 Teaser - ties lose - football 16½ pts - basketball 13½ pts
    2-15 Teaser - ties reduce - football 16½ pts - basketball 13½ pts
    2-15 Teaser - ties lose - football 17 pts - basketball 14 pts
    2-15 Teaser - ties reduce - football 17 pts - basketball 14 pts
    2-15 Teaser - ties lose - football 20 pts - basketball 16 pts
    2-15 Teaser - ties reduce - football 20 pts - basketball 16 pts

sharpcat

The thread title should have read "5dimes mislead me" but it would not have gotten much attention that way, much like 5dimes reduced teaser would not get much attention if they openly stated that ties push.

chazzy
    chazzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2317

Might want to read the rules. Can't blame the book for your own stupidity.

Good grief.

mtneer1212

5dimes is giving you an option...... you can have ties win at a higher juice, or you can have ties be treated as 'no action' for a lower juice.

I don't see an issue here.

sharpcat

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy View Post
    Might want to read the rules. Can't blame the book for your own stupidity.

Good grief.
    I am pretty stupid that is how I was able to make a conversion chart expressing the true value of the reduced teaser when pushes result in ties.

If you noticed I admitted that I made an error and misunderstood the rule and am just pointing out that the reduced option is a sucker bet in many cases. The reason I am upset is because it is misleading the way they slip it in their and I should not have to navigate the whole site to get clarification on their rules when all other options are clarified on the selection page.

It is good to know I am at least more intelligent than you are.

mtneer1212

http://www.5dimes.com/sb_charts/TeasersChart.htm

No, you are not stupid. Ties reduced, and reduced juice could cause confusion; however, when presented with an option of ties win or ties reduce -- which one you choose should depend on the number of teams and amount wagered.

sharpcat

5dimes is giving you an option...... you can have ties win at a higher juice, or you can have ties be treated as 'no action' for a lower juice.

I don't see an issue here.
    There is no issue this is why I did not file a complaint with SBR

The true purpose of this thread is to expose that the reduced teaser option is a mostly sucker bet unless you are getting half points on each play unfortunately I learned the hard way and I am trying to point this out to SBR members so that they do not buy into it like I did.

sharpcat

Mtneer it still does not imply that ties=no action on that chart.

My only point is it is somewhat misleading I was a little harsh in my wording saying they cheated me because I am obviously upset because I would have placed this wager at another book at -110 where San Francisco would have been +7.5 instead of 8 but I made the play at 5dimes because I misunderstood and thought that the +8 was equal to +7.5 because I thought the push was a win.

Bravo to Tony for his deceptive easily misunderstood wager option I bought it hook line and sinker if he was not book making he would do very well in the advertisement business.
    Last edited by sharpcat; 08-29-10 at 01:26 PM.

sharpcat

I get it everybody I am an idiot no more need to continue to point out the obvious.

Just do yourself a favor and make note of this so it does not happen to you and make sure to use the conversion chart posted above in determining whether or not it is more valuable to take the reduced option or the -105 option and always make sure you are getting the full 6pts advertised because on numbers that cross the 7 Tony shades his lines so that you are only getting 5pts at the same odds as a 6pt teaser. Don't be a sucker like me
    Last edited by sharpcat; 08-29-10 at 02:04 PM.

mtneer1212

Sharp -- like I said, I can see where you got confused. It should be a little more clear. But teaser players should also know how ties are treated when placing the bet. It can vary wildly from book to book.

Scope33
    Scope33's Avatar Become A Pro!

Shouldn't be betting teasers anyway.

sharpcat

Sharp -- like I said, I can see where you got confused. It should be a little more clear. But teaser players should also know how ties are treated when placing the bet. It can vary wildly from book to book.
    I have been playing teasers for years and I know the rules and all books vary Bet Jamaica pushes result in no action and Bet online pushes result in a loss this is my first season with 5dimes and I can not find anywhere on their site where they specify that ties result in a push, I was under the impression that the reduced option was part of my reduced juice incentive and therefore was the same as the -105 6pt teaser.

It is deceptive marketing and I think highly of 5dimes but am disappointed, it clearly states that ties win on teasers 9 and less and lose on 10 and over but no where on their site do they specify how the reduced teasers are graded. This is deceptive marketing in every sense just like Tony does not specify anywhere that 6 point teasers on key numbers will only be 5 points he just sits back and waits for suckers to bet into it.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

5 Dimes has a lot of complaints here it seems

Bad customer service and bad player relations

Yes its a solid book but just too many complaints

sharpcat

Quote Originally Posted by Scope33 View Post
    Shouldn't be betting teasers anyway.

You probably shouldn't be betting at all.

sharpcat

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    5 Dimes has a lot of complaints here it seems

Bad customer service and bad player relations

Yes its a solid book but just too many complaints
    I am actually a big fan of 5dimes JJ and I always recommend that people play at 5dimes and I still do.

I am just pissed off that I got screwed on this bet I would have gladly took it at -105 and would have won if I was not mislead into the reduced option.

VTranX
    VTranX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 314

dsi ftw

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

I have seen these teasers on 5dimes also, never bet them though...

From reading the page I would assume that reduced means that the payout is reduced slightly, I think its misleading. You should have clarified it with them before betting. Tedious, but when it comes to your own money I wouldnt mind.

12 Last