purecarnagge
    purecarnagge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Beted aka -----

Is trying to take me to collections for 249.56 for my bank refusing to honor there request to debit my account.

A request I did not make or give them permission to. They attempted to debit my account on there own accord multiple times. I only made 1 deposit with beted.

I honestly don't know what to do, laugh or call this agency up and tell them to F off. I don't want this company to get my number though. Then they would call me all the time.

What to do, what to do...I know I never authorized a debit for 249.56.
    Last edited by Justin7; 01-16-09 at 01:34 PM.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Did BetEd credit your account with the funds multiple deposit amounts sir?

SBR Founder Join Date: 8/10/2005

Thremp
    Thremp's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dispute it.

2Pac
    2Pac's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dispute it and tack on an extra 500 that they owe me.

purecarnagge

Disputed it and got my money witht he bank. Its they now have sent a collection agency after me...

2Pac
    2Pac's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by purecarnagge View Post
    Disputed it and got my money witht he bank. Its they now have sent a collection agency after me...
    Tell them you're going to report them to the dept. of justice for trying to collect an illegal debt, or something like that.

Then tell Greg Johnson at BetED that he's a fat son of a bitch and he can lick on your ballsack.

purecarnagge

Will do, but I don't want to contact them. Why would I do that? There POS and should be downgraded IMO. I mean what can they do if I tell them I never authorized that transaction and not to contact me anymore regarding it, as my bank has reviewed this and its obvious this transaction didn't have my consent/authorization.

I mean calling them is like admitting guilt isn't it? What about calling the collections agency?

Ortho
    Ortho's Avatar Become A Pro!

Obv we need the rest of the story to have any idea what you should do. BetEd didn't just randomly guess your bank details and then start billing you. But, in general, you have nothing to fear from a collections agency trying to collect a gambling debt.

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!

Do you live in the US?

purecarnagge

Yes I live in the US. I did 1 deposit with beted. I called in about reup bonus. Advised them that I wasn't interested in the lame reup bonus and the guy advised me they could do an echeck. which back at that time I was big on echecks so we talked a bit. but i never authorized anything. Anyways, during the conversation over the weekend it didn't sit right with me so I put a stop pay on the company...well they told me they could only do a draft attempt. since I did 250 normally on my deposits I did it for 250.00 Sunday I called to close the account, but my rent check was pending.

On monday the bank advised me that another debit of 250.00 was blocked from ----- aka beted. The next day a debit of 249.56 was taken out. The bank said that the guys will do that since the stop was on 250.00 trying to slip it through. They investigated and refunded the money to me.

but now I have Joseph Mann & Creed a collection agency sending me letters...

Yes I live in the US but wtf is going on and how do I kabosh this crap and end it.

I can send a copy of the collection letter to sbr if needed. I can send in my statements and a copy of the general investigation letter and etc if needed.
    Last edited by Justin7; 01-16-09 at 01:35 PM.

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!

Purecarnage,

You need to write Joseph Mann & Creed.

In writing, tell them that
    1. You dispute the debt - you never authorized the debt.
    2. They cannot contact you.

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

lets assume you didn't authorize it. What happened to the $$$$ they funded you with? Is it still sitting in your account?

purecarnagge

Roger that. I will get that done tonight.

purecarnagge

I haven't logged into beted since I called about reup'n and checking out there bonuses. I don't care if the money is in the account I never authorzied it. I didn't want to play there. They are terrible buying off of 3.5. It seemed like every line with them was a 7 or a X.5. then buying off of that X.5 killed you on juice.

They emailed me once about the deposit not going through and I told them I never authorized it.

robmpink
    Update your status

I haven't logged into beted since I called about reup'n and checking out there bonuses. I don't care if the money is in the account I never authorzied it. I didn't want to play there. They are terrible buying off of 1/2 pt lines for football.
    I agree they are terrible. I would log in and see if the funds are there.

#1 if they are not and you didn't use it then it makes it interesting

#2 Is it possible you used the funds even though you didn;t authorize the charge?

From what I see here BetEd is pretty quick to respond.

purecarnagge

Why would you resolve 2 unauthorized attemps at your bank account with a company doing that? I stopped being a client of there when they illegally made attempts and drafted my account one time out of two attempts.

robmpink
    Update your status

Why would you resolve 2 unauthorized attemps at your bank account with a company doing that? I stopped being a client of there when they illegally made attempts and drafted my account one time out of two attempts.
    There are different angles you have to look at it.

Ok so lets say they did it without your consent but you gambled the $$ anyway.

They did it without your consent and the $$ is still in your account

You authorized it and lost but are claiming it never happened.

Listen, if they did it without your consent and the $$$ is in there I'm not saying to make a withdrawl and settle it. It just strikes me as odd that you aren't even curious to see if the $$ is in your account.

purecarnagge

If I log onto the site that shows I'm a client a customer I'm checking my account. Why go back? I have no reason to. I never lost money. There is nothing to gain by logging back on and going back to them even to just view a balance. It will only hurt my position and I have nothing to gain.

picantel
    picantel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 408

pmed you purecarnagge. A collection letter is right up my alley.

SBR Founder Join Date: 9/17/2005

Thremp

Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
    Purecarnage,

Yes.

purecarnagge

I called them this morning. I advised them never to contact me on my phone. I advised them I did not authorize the charge.

They advised me Beted.com is not the party taking me to collections. They advised me its their processor (beted still contracts them).

I advised them the charge was unauthorized. They advised me differently. I told them I wasn't paying and I will fax in a response to the letter.

I then contacted my bank who is sending me a merchant letter explaining that the charges against my account are fraugulent charges. The bank advised me to send this instead of sending a check to them and this will stop the collection process. This letter will be mailed out on Monday to me.

If my account is not taken into collections I would like to see beted downgraded. I will provide documentation to SBR of the collections letter the bank response and any letter responding by the collections agency.
    Last edited by purecarnagge; 03-14-08 at 05:35 PM.

purecarnagge

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Justin7
    Purecarnage,

Yes.

How do you guys exactly know this... I mean I'm all for information but. I'm not going to just trust people blindly either. So far that all seems like good info.

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

pm me pure i can help you out. i have dealt with jmc collections personally

purecarnagge

hit ya up

Thremp

IIRC collections agencies have laws against them preventing them from contacting you if you tell them not to. If it shows on your credit report you dispute it and IIRC they have 30 days to provide information to the validity of the charge or it gets wiped.

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

TLD
    TLD's Avatar Become A Pro!

Did you wager the money in question and lose, and are rationalizing not paying on the grounds that while you provided them all the relevant banking information for an *************** deposit, you changed your mind and did not formally confirm the transaction with them but left it ambiguous, and thus it’s their own fault for assuming the money was on the way and crediting your account prematurely?

Or did BetEd attempt to steal $250 from your bank account, fail, and are so angry about failing that they’ve invented a fictitious debt and hired a collection agency to harass you over it?

SBR Founder Join Date: 12/10/2005

robmpink
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by TLD View Post
    Did you wager the money in question and lose, and are rationalizing not paying on the grounds that while you provided them all the relevant banking information for an *************** deposit, you changed your mind and did not formally confirm the transaction with them but left it ambiguous, and thus it’s their own fault for assuming the money was on the way and crediting your account prematurely?

Or did BetEd attempt to steal $250 from your bank account, fail, and are so angry about failing that they’ve invented a fictitious debt and hired a collection agency to harass you over it?
    It is funny that he has no interest in checking to see if the funds are in the account. This tells me he already knows what happpened to the funds or BetEd locked his account for not paying.

TLD

Rob, the whole thing makes no sense to me. If a book is under the impression I’m making a deposit to them but I do not do so, then they simply don’t credit my account and the matter ends there. If somehow they do credit my account because the transaction has been initiated and they’re confident the money’s on the way, but in fact I cancel the transaction rendering them unable to collect the money—but in the meantime I never touch the funds they put in my account prematurely—then they simply deduct that amount back out of my balance, and again the matter ends there.

Even if there’s some more significant snafu going on here that is the book’s fault—e.g., their accounting is all screwed up and they made the deduction but not the earlier addition to his account, and are now under the false impression he’s carrying a negative balance—then any sane customer picks up the phone and discusses the matter with them, asking them to check the tape of the call where he provided his banking information to them to see that he never confirmed the transaction, asking them to go over all transactions and wagers during the relevant time period with him on the phone to see that his account never in fact went negative, etc.

Instead it’s, “Hey they can’t prove I authorized the transaction, and I’m in the U.S. so they can’t touch me.”

purecarnagge

We all put 40.00 stop pays on our accounts the weekend before we drop 250.00 on NFL action just incase we lose it all so we can dispute it... But wait if we win its all void anyways, and the banks the only one who made money... That sounds like a really smart ****ing idea... I wish I thought of that... I wish that was good.

Echeck options are done online btw...Just because you call asking about reup'n and bonus money doesn't give them the right to draft your account. I never authorized a 250.00 echeck transaction to bring my total deposit with them to 500.00. I never authorized a 249.58 transaction to debit my account after that either... The 2nd attempt on the account for the 250.00 to bring it to 500.00 was stopped by the bank. The 249 wasn't. I had to go through claims process on the 249. I eventually got it all back but it cost me money, time, energy and stress. Echeck just means they kept my account information on file.
    Last edited by purecarnagge; 03-14-08 at 09:27 PM.

Ortho

Rob, the whole thing makes no sense to me. If a book is under the impression I’m making a deposit to them but I do not do so, then they simply don’t credit my account and the matter ends there. If somehow they do credit my account because the transaction has been initiated and they’re confident the money’s on the way, but in fact I cancel the transaction rendering them unable to collect the money—but in the meantime I never touch the funds they put in my account prematurely—then they simply deduct that amount back out of my balance, and again the matter ends there.

Even if there’s some more significant snafu going on here that is the book’s fault—e.g., their accounting is all screwed up and they made the deduction but not the earlier addition to his account, and are now under the false impression he’s carrying a negative balance—then any sane customer picks up the phone and discusses the matter with them, asking them to check the tape of the call where he provided his banking information to them to see that he never confirmed the transaction, asking them to go over all transactions and wagers during the relevant time period with him on the phone to see that his account never in fact went negative, etc.

Instead it’s, “Hey they can’t prove I authorized the transaction, and I’m in the U.S. so they can’t touch me.”
    Totally right. It's impossible to tell if the OP is being totally honest or is up to something there because there's this huge obvious missing piece of information--did he authorise them to take money out of his account? did his account get credited? where's the money now? Why does beted think he owes them $250 if he didn't pay them and his account balance is $0?

OP makes it sound, over and over, like he just had a discussion about the weather with beted, and then instead of opening a beer, decided to go ahead and stop payment on a transaction (that he had no reason to believe would happen because he didn't request it), etc. etc. etc. As presented, the story makes no sense.

TLD

We all put 40.00 stop pays on our accounts the weekend before we drop 250.00 on NFL action just incase we lose it all so we can dispute it... But wait if we win its all void anyways, and the banks the only one who made money... That sounds like a really smart ****ing idea... I wish I thought of that... I wish that was good.

Echeck options are done online btw...Just because you call asking about reup'n and bonus money doesn't give them the right to draft your account. I never authorized a 250.00 echeck transaction to bring my total deposit with them to 500.00. I never authorized a 249.58 transaction to debit my account after that either... The 2nd attempt on the account for the 250.00 to bring it to 500.00 was stopped by the bank. The 249 wasn't. I had to go through claims process on the 249. I eventually got it all back but it cost me money, time, energy and stress. Echeck just means they kept my account information on file.
    Was a deposit that you never authorized credited to your account and you proceeded to wager it and lose?

purecarnagge

the only authorization beted had me was for my 1st deposit with them for echeck for 250.00. This was debited from my account and was paid without any problems. I busted at beted. When I called to reup 0.00 was in my account. The only contact from beted since was after the debits from my account they sent an email freezing/closing my accounts because the draft was unpaid. Gee I wonder why? I never authorized it.

No after I hung up with beted I never bet with them again. I never logged in or went back to the website. I had a 0.00 balance and hadn't authorized a deposit. I ended up funding skybook and doing a 5x roll over with them. 100% bonus

Ortho

So where does beted claim the $250 is? In other words, why do they claim you owe them money?

I haven't authorised deposits at no fewer than 200 books this week. None of them claim I owe them money. Why does this book claim you owe them money? I don't care what you authorised or didn't authorise, particularly. What is the reason they claim you have $250 more than you should have?

purecarnagge

Because they did a 2nd draft to my account for 250.00 this was blocked. Then the next day they did one for 249.58. This wasn't blocked. The bank accepted the transaction. It took a week or two bank claim period to have the money refunded to my account. The bank did the refund as they determined the charges were fraugulent.

beted/----- claims I owe them 249.58. See the stop pay was for 250.00 suppsosively banks can't stop just 1 company from debit'n your account they need to know an amount also. So the people debit the account saw the 250 didn't go through, so they went around the block to try to get the money. It worked until I called my bank and waited two weeks to have the claim resolved.
    Last edited by Justin7; 01-16-09 at 01:35 PM.

123 Last