Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

where did you get your clientele?

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ronjon619 View Post
    parlay cards were my GATWAY DRUG into sports gambling. I always played them as a rookie. It took my a good half a football season to figure out how to play games off the board.
    yeah, thats how most people get started. Its like a lottery ticket, and it gets you hooked. When you hit $20 or $50 or god forbid hit that $5 on 5 for $100. You all the sudden think you're Wayne Fukin Root, then you're forever hooked in the downward spiral that is sports gambling

THE PROFIT

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    bars mainly, alot of factories. You find one guy in a big factory who likes them & by the next week you have 200 people in there who want them.

I had a good network, & had a good way of making sure people didnt hold 'em on me.

THE PROFIT

I did a NFL card & a college card

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Profit you said you made a living doing this. So did you actually make 50K a year doing this? And how does it work with the IRS income tax?

nobs
    5 DIMES IS A JOKE
    nobs's Avatar Become A Pro!

I know the grocery stores still run these

Holtgetsback
    Holtgetsback's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1402

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Profit you said you made a living doing this. So did you actually make 50K a year doing this? And how does it work with the IRS income tax?

THE PROFIT

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post

not just running parlay cards, they were just gravy. And I don't remember telling the IRS

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post

i cant speak for Profit but bowling alleys, sports bars, and word of mouth work pretty well..that what ive heard anyway

THE PROFIT

I learned most of what I know from this ol' fuk! He was big time in Hotlanta & got me started in the racket. We ran things here in Little Chicago for the big guys. Thats about all I can say.
    Attached Images  

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    so why don't you do it anymore if it was such good money?
    Answer this guy

THE PROFIT

ahhh, that was years ago, when I was in my early 20's. I settled down a little & became a legit citizen for a couple years. It basically consumed my whole life, being a bookie is hard ass work. I wouldn't say hard work, but very stressful & time consuming

officepoolguy
    officepoolguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

Ran parlay cards in college and made a quarters tuition...I wasn't smart enough to set them up so I could not lose though. Those cards are awesome.

THE PROFIT

Quote Originally Posted by officepoolguy View Post
    Ran parlay cards in college and made a quarters tuition...I wasn't smart enough to set them up so I could not lose though. Those cards are awesome.

Anyone who would play a lottery ticket, which is everyfukinbody, will throw $5 on 5 to win $100! $5 at a time adds up quick guys, and thats just the small time everyday Joes. Good money to be made with parlay cards

George7904
    George7904's Avatar Become A Pro!

Did you book them as all ties lose? If so, that must have been a license to print money.

THE PROFIT

yep, read the top left corner
    Attached Images  

THE PROFIT

Most plays were 5 on 5, but I had alot of people who would put $50 on 3 to win $150. You'll have people hit a 3 teamer now & then, don't get me wrong. But the key is keeping the #'s on 'football' #'s, 3,7,10, etc.

People see a fav they like -7 & come Saturday that team is -9 or -10, they think they are getting a hell of a deal. A tie will usually fuk 'em!!!

jjaycuny
    jjaycuny's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9422

Old thread but curious to know how you decided which games would be -3 each way and which spreads were rounded up to a "football #?".

First 12