Wrigley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9423

Quote Originally Posted by lowbets View Post
    Blah.. short match.. he tapped

He let me down he better call Vince on Sunday MMA not his game

5 star bomb
    5 star bomb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

I didnt think Brock would be able to win... How did he look out there?

lowbets
    lowbets's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigley View Post
    He let me down he better call Vince on Sunday MMA not his game
    Vince would take him back but wont give him the nice big contract he walked away from lol. Now I owe my buddy 165 lol

5 star bomb

Vince would take him back but wont give him the nice big contract he walked away from lol. Now I owe my buddy 165 lol
    Damn dude sorry to hear you lost your first bet... Dont be a stranger though. Lot of good cappers around here to make you that money back and then some

Wrigley

Here is the play by play of what happen

Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir

R1 – Lesnar shoots in immediately and gets Mir to the ground where he unloads a barrage of punches, but hits Mir in the back of the head and referee Steve Mazzagatti calls timeout and deducts a point from Lesnar. With the fight restarted, Lesnar lands a punch that puts Mir down and he starts to again throw multiple shots and Mir pulls guard and attempts an armbar but Lesnar escapes. As Lesnar tries to pull out of the guard, Mir transitions and pulls a leg out from the former WWE fighter, and transitions to a knee bar forcing the tap from Lesnar.

Frank Mir def. Brock Lesnar by Submission (knee bar) 1:30, R1

lowbets
    lowbets's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oh without a doubt. Just found the site today doing a google search. Lurked for most of the day. Ill def be around more.

Wrigley

lowbets sorry you loss I really wanted Brock to win he disapointed me but you seem like a good guy hope to see you here posting on a regular bases

Wrigley

Oh without a doubt. Just found the site today doing a google search. Lurked for most of the day. Ill def be around more.
    and thanks for the great MMA link and channelsurfing feed

shady610
    shady610's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8603

i was all over mir in the mma board and he came through. now, if my friend hadnt been broke, he woulda went to the mandalay and placed a bet for me.

Im thrilled since he is my favorite fighter and he won a big match

jdwars
    Update your status
    jdwars's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

There is a lot of sports stuff on that channelsurfing site every night. Almost every NBA game, lots of college, every PPV. You probably need to download Sopcast for a lot of it.

Wrigley

Quote Originally Posted by jdwars View Post
    There is a lot of sports stuff on that channelsurfing site every night. Almost every NBA game, lots of college, every PPV. You probably need to download Sopcast for a lot of it.

Sorry you deserve the props for that live feed link, cool it is now in my favorites

jdwars
    Update your status

Sorry you deserve the props for that live feed link, cool it is now in my favorites
    I guess you are a Cubs fan. Went to Chicago last year and was able to make it to a Cubs game. Great experience. Nothing like being wasted at 1:00 on a weekday and fitting in with everyone.

5 star bomb

I guess you are a Cubs fan. Went to Chicago last year and was able to make it to a Cubs game. Great experience. Nothing like being wasted at 1:00 on a weekday and fitting in with everyone.

Come out to Chicago some more! Cubs games are the best! I usually hit about 20 games a year

jdwars
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by 5 star bomb View Post
    Come out to Chicago some more! Cubs games are the best! I usually hit about 20 games a year

It was fun. Went for Lollapalooza and caught a Cubs-Phillies game. Great city.

5 star bomb

It was fun. Went for Lollapalooza and caught a Cubs-Phillies game. Great city.

Oh Lollapalooza is a great time bro! I have been going to that for a long time every year! You going this year? Where you from?

jdwars
    Update your status

Oh Lollapalooza is a great time bro! I have been going to that for a long time every year! You going this year? Where you from?
    Last edited by jdwars; 02-02-08 at 11:38 PM.

purecarnagge
    purecarnagge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Here is the play by play of what happen

Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir

R1 – Lesnar shoots in immediately and gets Mir to the ground where he unloads a barrage of punches, but hits Mir in the back of the head and referee Steve Mazzagatti calls timeout and deducts a point from Lesnar. With the fight restarted, Lesnar lands a punch that puts Mir down and he starts to again throw multiple shots and Mir pulls guard and attempts an armbar but Lesnar escapes. As Lesnar tries to pull out of the guard, Mir transitions and pulls a leg out from the former WWE fighter, and transitions to a knee bar forcing the tap from Lesnar.

Frank Mir def. Brock Lesnar by Submission (knee bar) 1:30, R1
    Lesnar lost because he's dumb. He stood up against a submission ground expert. He stood up in reach of Mirs legs. Mir did a sweep move from his back to buckle Lesnars leg and then locked it and rolled and locked it.

If Lesnar takes half a step back and doesn't stand up directly over Mir, this doesn't even take place and he might have won the match. He was dominating the wrestling and punches etc etc... He lost because of technique

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I didn't know they played ball on the north side

I couldn't resist...I'm a die hard White Sox fan 5.

robzilla
    An SBR Legend.
    robzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 349

I cant believe Brock stood there. All he had to do was step back and have the ref make Mir get up. What a ****ing idiot!

Everyone here has to admit that it looked like Brock was going to kill Mir. If the ref hadn't stopped the fight for the punch in the back of the head, then Lesnar wouldve won in under 30 seconds.

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by robzilla View Post
    I cant believe Brock stood there. All he had to do was step back and have the ref make Mir get up. What a ****ing idiot!

Everyone here has to admit that it looked like Brock was going to kill Mir. If the ref hadn't stopped the fight for the punch in the back of the head, then Lesnar wouldve won in under 30 seconds.
    So what I'm hearing here is that he lost in exactly the manner that everyone who warned you against him thought he was going to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by isetcap View Post
    Looks like this fight could be an avatar-changer.
    Quote Originally Posted by wmublows View Post
    You are an idiot. Just kidding. I see all the fake wrestling fans jumping on board on this one. They will all say Lesner will KO Mir. Lesner better watch out for a sub, thats all I'm going to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Seer View Post
    You can't be serious. First of all, Tyson would knock your head clean off of your body in his prime. Second, Lesnar doesn't have the experience or the skills yet to compete with Mir in the MMA ring. This isn't scripted stuff. If he doesn't get subbed by Mir in the first few minutes, then I'll be shocked and say you are the King of All Prognosticators. Which books can I get on this at?
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyl View Post
    I think you're letting his muscles blind you, he's not cut out for football and just because he's big doesn't mean that smaller guy won't work his ass into a submission.
    Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    My money is on Frank Mir. I couldn't find a line. I'd set it around -600 on Mir. Lesnar has a minimal chance at a K.O. even if he can get into a ground & pound situation. Anyone that knows MMA realizes that this is Mir's world, and probably will submit Lesnar on the ground if Lesnar gets aggressive at all. An interesting strategy might be to exploit Mir's tendency to get "gassed". Lesnar's wrestling could be an asset if he can get Mir on the ground and hold him down for the majority of the match. Lesnar could then win on points, but I really don't see a Lesnar K.O. unless Mir gets careless or stupid.

Didn't we all learn in UFC 1 that it's all about the technique and less about size and strength? If anyone forgot, get a copy of any of the early UFCs with 180 pound Gracie cleaning the canvas with guys twice his size. Anyone that thinks Leznar's size is a significant advantage inside the octagon is clueless. Remember Mir is still in the same weight class and is roughly the same size. Just because Mir doensn't look like a bodybuilder doesn't mean that he isn't strong.
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleChris View Post
    Sounds like some sixteen years old Wrestlingfans posting here. This is not showcatching. This is MMA. Lesnar will be done when he mets an experienced and fit fighter...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurni View Post
    Some of the posters in this thread must be a bookies wet dream...you guys have no clue at all, Lesnar was a CATCHER.
    In a real fight his bad ass attitude, oiled muscle masses and faces wont help him, against the experience and techniques of real fighters.

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Quote Originally Posted by isetcap View Post
    So what I'm hearing here is that he lost in exactly the manner that everyone who warned you against him thought he was going to lose.
    Thanks for reposting all that. I love it. It was a bunch of wrestling fans backing this guy. People that actually watch and understand MMA knew Lesnar would be no match. I cashed major!

purecarnagge
    purecarnagge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Quote Originally Posted by The Seer View Post
    Thanks for reposting all that. I love it. It was a bunch of wrestling fans backing this guy. People that actually watch and understand MMA knew Lesnar would be no match. I cashed major!
    you sir are full of shit. If that fight isn't stopped due to a blow to back of the head, lesnar wins it... Mir got lucky that lesnar had terrible positioning which left him extremely vunerable.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by purecarnagge View Post
    you sir are full of shit. If that fight isn't stopped due to a blow to back of the head, lesnar wins it... Mir got lucky that lesnar had terrible positioning which left him extremely vunerable.
    Welcome to MMA.

I had to watch Mir break Tim Sylvia's arm about a dozen times on replay before I gave him any respect for that match. lmao. You'll figure it out eventually.

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by purecarnagge View Post
    If my team didn't have 7 turnovers then we wouldn't have lost in overtime. I'm sure the fix was in.

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5949

I think Lesnar is going to win.

babyanni
    babyanni's Avatar Become A Pro!

if i had to bet upcoming fight would be on carwin this is a toss up.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

I like Lesnar. Carwin has never fought anyone as good as Lesnar. Lesnar is just so damn big and strong. Anytime you go to the ground with him he just tends to manhandle you.

beanbag
    cracker ass fantastic
    beanbag's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

carwin +150!!!!

Holtgetsback
    Holtgetsback's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1402

if I had to pick one, Lesnar

pass

JuicedUp
    JuicedUp's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6160

yea it's all about who has the better wrestling in this one....and that would be Brock.

dinaro7
    super player
    dinaro7's Avatar Become A Pro!

good luck

First 123 Last