Doug
    Doug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1298

Quote Originally Posted by blackbeSSt View Post
    again, since its at the DT more then likely the teller did not do her job and count it out so that the camera can see it. if thats the case there is no proof.
    what about this thread ?

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    what about this thread ?
    well yeah if we call the CU or one of them is a member here. but on video, nein

OmgUrMom
    OmgUrMom's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol someone from sbr calling the credit union reminds me so much of this picture

SoV
    "Why always me"
    SoV's Avatar Become A Pro!

Brock, you go to UIUC?

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

i think what some of you guys are missing is that the teller ran it for the correct amount. on paper they will be in balance. its a little harder to narrow down when everything is run correctly but the wrong amount of money is given out. now had they run the check for $2200 and given $2200 then on paper they would be out of balance and hence easier to find.

but regardless, you be fvcked cause you posted the receipt with phone number and teller name.
    not sure what bank you worked for or how they ran their business, but most intelligent businesses that deal with lots of money generally count their registers repeatedly throughout the day and even if not at days end when they close out that register and find it exactly $1000 dollars missing they will stay all night long reviewing withdrawals and video surveillance.

At a small credit union with several windows I would assume that this particular window did not have too many withdrawals in the $1,000 dollar range if any at all, so it should not be hard for any person with a little common sense to trace this particular transaction and than review it on the surveillance.

Give the money back! you are going to cost somebody their job in a piss poor economy with record high unemployment rates and likely face criminal prosecution for a "felony" but even if not you will not walk away with that kind of money.
    Last edited by sharpcat; 07-07-10 at 02:30 PM.

blackbeSSt

Quote Originally Posted by sharpcat View Post
    not sure what bank you worked for or how they ran their business, but most intelligent businesses that deal with lots of money generally count their registers repeatedly throughout the day and even if not at days end when they close out that register and find it exactly $1000 dollars first they will stay all night long reviewing withdrawals and video surveillance.
    theres a difference in supposed to and actually do as i have witnessed first hand. most tellers don't do it periodically and no one enforces it. and if the teller can't frickin read the amount on the check something tells me they don't normally count their drawer.

and there are plenty of other ways to be out $1000 exactly. if you have to buy or sell to the vault and you forget to run a ticket or run it for the wrong amount, you can be out. its also very easy to be crossed with another teller if you buy/sell with them.

and again if they look through the work they will see that the check was validated for the correct amount and might not think twice about it to check the cameras
    Last edited by blackbeSSt; 07-07-10 at 02:34 PM.

Boscoe
    Boscoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 488

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    this is a joke, right??

sharpcat

theres a difference in supposed to and actually do as i have witnessed first hand. most tellers don't do it periodically and no one enforces it. and if the teller can't frickin read the amount on the check something tells me they don't normally count their drawer.

and there are plenty of other ways to be out $1000 exactly. if you have to buy or sell to the vault and you forget to run a ticket or run it for the wrong amount, you can be out. its also very easy to be crossed with another teller if you buy/sell with them.

and again if they look through the work they will see that the check was validated for the correct amount and might not think twice about it to check the cameras

I would look at this as a gambling transaction. You are risking what will likely cost you about $5,000 in court costs and possible jail time with almost guaranteed a un-expungeable felony on your record for life to win $1,000. So if you consider lawyer fees, court fees, and the life altering negatives of being a convicted felon you are basically getting 1/10 on your money. at 1/10 on your money you would require at least a 91% likelihood that the bank will not catch the error. I would say that there is at least a 75% chance that the bank will catch the error so this is an idiotic move.

blackbeSSt

I would look at this as a gambling transaction. You are risking what will likely cost you about $5,000 in court costs and possible jail time with almost guaranteed a un-expungeable felony on your record for life to win $1,000. So if you consider lawyer fees, court fees, and the life altering negatives of being a convicted felon you are basically getting 1/10 on your money. at 1/10 on your money you would require at least a 91% likelihood that the bank will not catch the error. I would say that there is at least a 75% chance that the bank will catch the error so this is an idiotic move.
    oh i agree 100% cat. im just saying from working in a bank for so many years in the past, it isn't as easy as saying "oh well here's a check for $1200 that was validated for the correct amount, i musta given him $1000 extra"

blackbeSSt

did i mention i call shens on this whole ordeal?!

and damn im disappointed that no one has called yet!

Jrod124
    Update your status
    Jrod124's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 535

I just watched that Judge Judy ep that someone posted on here. Come on Brock I think your better than that asshole they showed on show. That guy can't buy a winner, you are a solid baseball capper. The bank teller is going to have to pay that 1000 out of her own pocket or lose maybe her job. Do the right thing

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

dont go accusing the "Rubber Band Man" of not making +ev bets, he is hitting 90%!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

did i mention i call shens on this whole ordeal?!

and damn im disappointed that no one has called yet!

if its not BS then brock is dumber than i thought, actually posting evidence? holy shit i thought paco was crazy with his "money and guns vid".......

OmgUrMom

blackbe, u call bud.

sharpcat

oh i agree 100% cat. im just saying from working in a bank for so many years in the past, it isn't as easy as saying "oh well here's a check for $1200 that was validated for the correct amount, i musta given him $1000 extra"
    It is definately not easy but the credit union is not going to get lazy and say "screw it I don't feel like investing the time to recover $1,000" this is not $10 they will stay all night looking to locate this money.

I am just trying to caution Brock, as someone who made mistakes in the past and is a convicted felon I know the long term effects that these things can have on your life and I can guarantee that it is not worth $1,000 when an attorney is going to charge you 4 times that amount plus court fees and long term effects like missing future job opportunities because you have a felony theft charge on your record.

Too many people here are quick to give someone bad advice either because they think it is funny or just because they have nothing to lose and therefore are not quite as concerned with the bad that may come out of this.

xyzky
    xyzky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

I really hope you are not that this is just a joke...

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

So far there is no proof a crime was committed. There is a picture indicating a transaction occured at 10:35 am with $1200 withdrawn. Then there is another picture indicating $1512 cash on a table. Brock could have actually added the extra cash to the $1200 he received at the bank and messes with you naives.

poker_dummy101
    poker_dummy101's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    So far there is no proof a crime was committed. There is a picture indicating a transaction occured at 10:35 am with $1200 withdrawn. Then there is another picture indicating $1512 cash on a table. Brock could have actually added the extra cash to the $1200 he received at the bank and messes with you naives.

i dont think it shows that... i think it shows what kind of person brock is that we'd actually believe this.

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15296

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    if its not BS then brock is dumber than i thought, actually posting evidence? holy shit i thought paco was crazy with his "money and guns vid".......
    Did you really expect something different from a person nearly 40 years old living in a college town delivering pizza's?

diamond
    diamond's Avatar Become A Pro!

Brock has no moral.

He is also on the stiff list of CW.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Quote Originally Posted by SoV View Post
    Brock, you go to UIUC?
    graduate...live and work in Champaign county

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Jail isn't bad as long as you keep your back to the wall

OmgUrMom

seems to me they will just ask him to return the $1,000 first? i mean he is not gonna get charged unless he refuses to return it, so im sure he is safe until they ask.....

szk1983
    szk1983's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 109

karma baby.

Brock Landers

Quote Originally Posted by OmgUrMom View Post
    seems to me they will just ask him to return the $1,000 first? i mean he is not gonna get charged unless he refuses to return it, so im sure he is safe until they ask.....
    exactly, at WORST they just gave me a free loan, but as blackbelt said, 99% chance this is gone with the wind for them

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

Seems like a lot of jealous posters here.

I would probably give the money back... These things usually bite you in the ass later on.

If Brock wants to keep the money, that's his decision. I would bet that Brock gets caught by the CU.

Doug
    Doug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1298

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    exactly, at WORST they just gave me a free loan, but as blackbelt said, 99% chance this is gone with the wind for them
    maybe so.....before you posted the photo of the receipt.

You can bet the CU will see this thread and they will know it is you and you probably gave them enough evidence to prosecute you. Somebody will rat you out, actually you did it to yourself.

You had a chance of keeping this money but not now.

poker_dummy101
    poker_dummy101's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Boy View Post
    Seems like a lot of jealous posters here.

I would probably give the money back... These things usually bite you in the ass later on.

If Brock wants to keep the money, that's his decision. I would bet that Brock gets caught by the CU.
    weren't you the one offering people points for doing nice things???

jealous? no.

decent human beings? yes

Brock Landers

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    maybe so.....before you posted the photo of the receipt. You can bet the CU will see this thread and they will know it is you and you probably gave them enough evidence to prosecute you. Somebody will rat you out, actually you did it to yourself. You had a chance of keeping this money but not now.
    bullshit

aggieshawn
    SBR youtube Channels
    aggieshawn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1686

Quote Originally Posted by big joe 1212 View Post
    here is what I think...

YOU ARE FULL OF SHIT
    the truth.
    monopoly money does not count.
    plus who gets money in an envelope and does not count it himself at the window???????????????

Brock Landers

Quote Originally Posted by aggieshawn View Post
    the truth.
    monopoly money does not count.
    plus who gets money in an envelope and does not count it himself at the window???????????????
    was the drive thru...didn't even look at the envelope till i was 5 miles away

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

They will realize it and take the dime out of your account. Banks fukk up a lot, trust me, but guess what, they realize it and take it from you.

patswin
    patswin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10189

i think this is a joke, he can't be serious

if this really did happen and you have no intention of returning the money you should have kept quiet

Brock Landers

I consulted Richkas, I am in the clear

diamond
    diamond's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    They will realize it and take the dime out of your account. Banks fukk up a lot, trust me, but guess what, they realize it and take it from you.
    Lets edit this so its more realistic to brocks world..

They will realize it and TRY to take the dime out of your account, only to find out it a overdraft, and will call you wife. Banks fukk up a lot, trust me, but guess whatt , they will realize it and you will be homeless.

First 123456 ... Last