DukeJohn
    DukeJohn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Well, well... This ship has just about run-a-ground. Currently, including the fees, I am at a loss of $6489.9. At this point, I doubt Alex Meyers picks from Precision Picks will pull me out of this cesspool. Of course I will continue reporting live from this war zone of never-ending destruction to my bank account.

In the past nine days his picks have gone 19-20-3. Actually, a little worse than that, but I was able to get some better lines a couple of times and got two pushes out of it, whereas Alex Meyers lost those. From what I have seen he is reporting correctly at his site.

YTD
    38-49-5 (43.8%)

DukeJohn

Well, Alex went 1-2 yesterday. This may be my last entry depending on what happens today. I gotta say, I really didn't want to believe what others said about sites such as these, but it is hard not to. What I heard was this, that basically the sites associated with Handicappingpolice do not post correctly unless someone is buying the picks. Another-words, they post great numbers which entices people to buy the picks. Once you buy them, they then post correctly until of course you lose enough and stop buying them. By this time, their record is so low no one buys the plays and they are able to bring the record back up, until the next victim. According to their past performance of the last 3 years, Alex Meyers is currently doing the worst he has ever done and it just happen to start when I started monitoring his picks.

Now I wonder what would happen if I paid for the plays and faded them...

YTD
    39-51-5 (43.3%)

If I had faded them I would be up: $530 including fees instead of down $6949.90 including fees

DukeJohn

Alex Meyers is hanging on by a thread...

Yesterday
    3-2

YTD
    42-53-5

DukeJohn

Well guys and gals that will do it for me. Alex Meyers went 1-3 tonight bringing the total record to 43-56-5 (43.4%). In the three years of historical data, he has never does this bad. Is he on an incredible losing streak or is precisionpicks.com just other site trying to pull the wool over our eyes?

After 104 plays, I would think Alex Meyers would have at least began to show some life. But he just kept spiraling down. Now that I am stopping from buying his picks, I wonder, will he shoot up again.

Final tally... $1980 paid for picks... $5364.44 lost paying those picks Total out of pocket $7344.44 Compare this to looking around the forum for free and following a pick here and there. I am up $50.00 from SBRforums

Well I hope someone in the future gets some value out of this loss. Remember, keep searching and never give up your dreams.

Good Luck out there,

Duke

accuscoresucks
    accuscoresucks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

are you still following precision picks?? how about the monitoring going on over at covers??

can you give some kind of a record update

JoeC
    JoeC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

What a joke. Those tout services r full of shit. A bunch of guys who couldn't hack betting on sports on there own to make money. They suck at betting so bad they need your money to sell there garbage picks because they know they will lose all of there money if they were to bet it themselves. Its the truth. Come on give me a break, Please dont waste your money on these fake handicappers... I bet my life there r people on here who crunch numbers and r much more dedicated to the profession of sports gambling, then some ass clown, flipping a coin in the bathroom and telling you that this game is a lock and charging you for it, even if they lose. There nothing but PHONIES, who couldnt pick you a winner to save there life. Sorry to here what happen duke but this alex guy TRUELY sucks at what he does. All you have to do is look at some of his games and scratch your head at least for me.

DukeJohn

Quote Originally Posted by accuscoresucks View Post
    are you still following precision picks?? how about the monitoring going on over at covers??

can you give some kind of a record update
    Going back to the guy you suggested on 1/15/08 peterlong1, who at the time was 126-81-6 (60.9%) Following from that point on his record was 71-66-2 (51.8%). At 110 to win 100 that comes to a loss of $160.00 or at loss of -1.45 units per unit. Better than Alex Meyers, but still not something to follow...

JoeC
    JoeC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Hey duke dont follow lead. Devise your own betting plan for what ever sport you feel most comfortable betting on.

canadaguy
    canadaguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Handicapplice site, oddsbaord, F&H, MBG sports

all went down on the same day this week (Monday)...no explanation given that I can find...i think precison picks is still up...but these others were there for years...any ideas what happened?

madchedda
    $$$$$$$
    madchedda's Avatar Become A Pro!

anyone tried capfox.com. Im thinking of joining him

mehoolio
    mehoolio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 274

thank you Duke for posting your experiment!! Very useful info.

mehoolio

Quote Originally Posted by JoeC View Post
    Hey duke dont follow lead. Devise your own betting plan for what ever sport you feel most comfortable betting on.
    if you add them up, it's around 57% not bad right?

paw
    paw's Avatar Become A Pro!

Biggest scammer is mikewins.com

Stay the hell away from him. Most are thats for sure.

There are a few legit services that make money over the course of the year however its only a handfull at best.

mehoolio

http://www.documentedhandicappers.com/

this site seems to monitor a bunch of cappers who are required to post picks after tip-off so it is documented. Alex Meyers seems fraud but I gotta believe there are real legit pro cappers

mehoolio

Quote Originally Posted by DukeJohn View Post
    Going back to the guy you suggested on 1/15/08 peterlong1, who at the time was 126-81-6 (60.9%) Following from that point on his record was 71-66-2 (51.8%). At 110 to win 100 that comes to a loss of $160.00 or at loss of -1.45 units per unit. Better than Alex Meyers, but still not something to follow...
    If you add it up, its about 57%, not bad right?

DukeJohn

wow, that seemed like a life time ago. I would never follow a tout or anyone really. What I discovered back then was if you bought the picks, then the tout would have to post correctly and eventually he would go back to his losing ways and you and everyone else would stop paying. Then of course the tout would post bogus picks to inflate his/her record until another person began to pay.

Anyway, I learned a costly lesson way back then and eventually was able to turn everything around, but it has been and still is a long slow battle. Being a professional sports bettor is not as fun as I thought it would be, but it does give me freedom that I wouldn't normally have doing something else.

BoL,

mehoolio

Hey Duke, did not realize the experiment was from 2009! Have you done other studies? Anyway it has helped me learn as well. I was looking at the covers leaderboard and it seems that of those who have placed at least 1000 or so bets, the highest pct is around 55%. It's obviously profitable but you have to bet pretty big for it to add up to anything worthwhile. What is your winning pct without following anyone? Yesterday for the first time I followed a few people and went 6-4 ats, for a win of 80 bucks and I also played ML where I bet to win 50 dollars on each bet and won about 300 dollars.

DukeJohn

Quote Originally Posted by mehoolio View Post
    Hey Duke, did not realize the experiment was from 2009! Have you done other studies? Anyway it has helped me learn as well. I was looking at the covers leaderboard and it seems that of those who have placed at least 1000 or so bets, the highest pct is around 55%. It's obviously profitable but you have to bet pretty big for it to add up to anything worthwhile. What is your winning pct without following anyone? Yesterday for the first time I followed a few people and went 6-4 ats, for a win of 80 bucks and I also played ML where I bet to win 50 dollars on each bet and won about 300 dollars.
    It was actually in January 2008, so even further in the past. lol... 55% is good, however you have to include shrinkage in today's climate. Meaning at any moment a book can steal your money, so you should be prepared for that which is one of the reasons I wanted to move to Vegas. My wife and I were about 2 months away from moving when she was offered a great job in Alaska for five years. She really has her heart set on going, so here we go, moving in about 20 days to Alaska. As for my pct, I do not keep track as my bets are weighted and a pct wouldn't matter to me for the most part.

Congrats on your winnings

BoL,

mehoolio

Thanks for the reply and best of luck in Alaska! You are a good husband lol

First 12