Team Ramrod
    Team Ramrod's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

And Im a Thunder fan from Oklahoma who grew up loving the Boston Celtics and Larry Bird and loving to hate the rivalary that those 2 brought to the table. I couldnt stand watching Magic but recognized his greatness. Jordan is and always will be numero uno. Magic 2nd. Wilt 3rd. Bird 4. Kobe 5?.

Rig
    Rig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 27

Really I think it's a different time
    if Kobe was there with magic it'd be Kobe IMO

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Yeah if you were born in da 90's, since most of them weren't fortunate enough to witness MJ greatness. The NBA was in mourning for a few years when MJ retire the first time and the 2nd time. I doubt that same sentiment will be felt about Kobe when he hangs it up.

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

Kobe did not have a bad game he had 15 rebounds

I know if it were lebron everyone would say how great lebron is because he got 15 boards

OmgUrMom
    OmgUrMom's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    6-24 from the field? 25% FG's in a game 7 at home with terrible shot selection and you guys think Kobe is the best Laker? Ron Artest should of gotten the finals MVP. Kobe has sucked off so many other players for rings its not even funny. Kobe has never hit a big shot in the playoffs, oh yea one and thats it. Artest and Fisher last night hit the two big 3's. Gasol had to finish off Kobes missed game winner against OKC and Artest had to finish off Kobes missed game winner against Phoenix. How about Horrys 3 against the Kings or Fishers .04 sec shot against the Spurs? Last year in Orlando Fisher hit a big 3 to send it to OT, hit a big 3 in OT and Gasol got 2 run out dunks in OT and where was Kobe? Lakers would of won easily last night if Kobe didnt come out chucking his ass off and taking terrible shots, but its all good the refs made up for it giving LA 15 FT's in the first 9.5 minutes of the fourth. Gasol got away with a travel on a put back, shoved rondo to the ground on a nnother put back niether is called. Kobe plows into a wall of defenders outside the restricted area and he get FT's. Kobe's little go through the arms to get 3 ft's is a rule that has got to be changed, Kobe RELIES on the refs thats why he throws a fit worse than any other player when hes not getting calls, shit other guys get T'd up or/and ejected, he gets to do whatever his little heart desires. NBA is pathetic **** LA and **** Kobe.

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1640

Magic has a partial ownership in the Lakers. Edge Magic.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by RoagBettor View Post
    These comparisons are ridiculous. Kobe is great, there's no question about it, but he's also playing in a watered-down league. The skill level at the top is very high, but then it drops off dramatically. Jordan played against better players top to bottom.

Moreover, to base it on shooting percentage makes no sense. Kobe has to go against the toughest defender every game, and faces double and triple teams. To shoot 46% is actually an achievement considering the defense he faces and shots he takes.

Every generation had their greats; it's impossible to say one is greater than the other.
    Jordan played with better players? Who during Joran's era (Bird and Magic are not in the Jordan era) will go down as a top 10 player ever? Who is in that discussion? Kobe's era has better players period. You will never see a trio of players like Kobe, Lebron, and Wade ever again in this league. It is highly likely that those 3 go down as 3 of the top 15 players ever to play the game when they retire (Lebron and Wade will win multiple rings, don't worry). Kobe also played with 2 of the greatest PF of all time in Tim Duncan and KG. Jordan's era had sick players no doubt but there was no one ever on Jordan's level if you know what I mean. Lebron and Wade are right there with Kobe.

Jordan never had a player that could deny him something. Kobe will win 1 more ring max before he retires. When Jordan got about Kobe's age (though Kobe came outa HS) there was STILL no one that could deny him.

Dwayne Wade will deny Kobe this year when the Lakers take the west and Miami takes the East. The championships will run through Wade and Lebron for the next 5 years. You could never say that about anyone in the Jordan era except for Jordan.

Kobe is without a doubt the second greatest player of all time. Him and MJ revolutionized basketball.

1. Jordan
    2. Kobe
    3. Magic
    4. Kareem
    5. Big 0 (Will be replaced in a few years)
    6. Larry Bird

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

Jordan played against tougher talent even I can admit that

Wade is not one of the greatest players of all time he can not even shoot, bad defender, he is just flashy

hakeem, ewing, stockton and malone, reggie, shaq and penny, grant hill, david robinson, gary payton, barkley, drexler, mourning, tim hardaway, i could go on all these players are better then anyone in the NBA currently besides Kobe

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0
    HoldEmHook!!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    6-24 from the field? 25% FG's in a game 7 at home with terrible shot selection and you guys think Kobe is the best Laker? Ron Artest should of gotten the finals MVP. Kobe has sucked off so many other players for rings its not even funny. Kobe has never hit a big shot in the playoffs, oh yea one and thats it. Artest and Fisher last night hit the two big 3's. Gasol had to finish off Kobes missed game winner against OKC and Artest had to finish off Kobes missed game winner against Phoenix. How about Horrys 3 against the Kings or Fishers .04 sec shot against the Spurs? Last year in Orlando Fisher hit a big 3 to send it to OT, hit a big 3 in OT and Gasol got 2 run out dunks in OT and where was Kobe? Lakers would of won easily last night if Kobe didnt come out chucking his ass off and taking terrible shots, but its all good the refs made up for it giving LA 15 FT's in the first 9.5 minutes of the fourth. Gasol got away with a travel on a put back, shoved rondo to the ground on a nnother put back niether is called. Kobe plows into a wall of defenders outside the restricted area and he get FT's. Kobe's little go through the arms to get 3 ft's is a rule that has got to be changed, Kobe RELIES on the refs thats why he throws a fit worse than any other player when hes not getting calls, shit other guys get T'd up or/and ejected, he gets to do whatever his little heart desires. NBA is pathetic **** LA and **** Kobe.
    100% correct

THE HITMAN
    THE HITMAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16230

George Mikan

elchampion33
    elchampion33's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kobe is 1b to Magic 1a, if Kobe wins another ring ill put him ahead of Magic though

Club
    Club's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6158

Quote Originally Posted by boeing power View Post
    Rambis is closer to kobe than kobe is to Jordan
    Mark Madsen is closer to Kobe than Kobe is to Jordan.

Yeah, you have to be under 25 to think Kobe is the greatest Laker. Jerry West is before my time so I can't comment on him but having seen the full careers of Magic and Kobe, there's no question it's Magic over Kobe.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by MJFtheGenius View Post
    Jordan played against tougher talent even I can admit that

Wade is not one of the greatest players of all time he can not even shoot, bad defender, he is just flashy

hakeem, ewing, stockton and malone, reggie, shaq and penny, grant hill, david robinson, gary payton, barkley, drexler, mourning, tim hardaway, i could go on all these players are better then anyone in the NBA currently besides Kobe
    One of the most ignorant statements ever made. Wade is a great mid range shooter (much better than Lebron- no comparison), and actually Wade came into this league as a defender. He was never a big scorer at Marquette he was known for his D.

Wade is the first guard 6'4 or under to record over 200 steal and 100 blocks in a season. He averages more bpg than Lebron who is 6 inches taller than him.

D Wade will win another ring in 2010-2011.

BTW, only about 2 of those players you listed are going down as better players than Garnett. Duncan will go down as a better player than every single one of those guys.

Nomocino
    Nomocino's Avatar Become A Pro!

I thought he asked who the greatest LAKER ever was , why is everyone arguing for MJ ?

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Honestly right now Kobe is probably the 6 or 7th best player to ever play in the NBA. I still have Jordan as either #1 or #2. Wilt is a challenge. But let's remember to all those people saying Shaq was the main reason Kobe won 3 rings his first time around.....it's not Kobe's fault he was drafted onto an already pretty solid laker team.

The only reason Jordan had more points and better stats in the beginning of his career is cause he had to carry his team. If Kobe was put in that situation I'm sure he would have put up pretty gawdy numbers too cause he wouldn't have had to share the load with Shaq.

On that note, everyone in the NBA, analysts and even Magic himself, think Kobe is the best Laker ever as of right now. Let's not forget, Kobe is ONLY 31 years old.....Jordan at this age only had three rings. Kobe has five rings. I expect at least two more in Kobe's future too as he has at least 6-7 more years left in the league.

By then Kobe will no doubt be the best Laker of all-time and probably the best offensive player of all-time (maybe second to Wilt Chamberlain) cause he should have the NBA record for most points scored ever. Will he be bette rthan Jordan...I am afraid no one ever wants to disrespect the mystique and aura of what MJ did....so unless Kobe does something totally absurd like win 3 or 4 more rings no one will ever put ANYONE over Michael Jordan as GOAT.

But if he gets a couple more championships.....Kobe should be #2 or #3 player of all-time no questions asked.....

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8365

I don't think Kobe is I would say Magic would get my vote but there a are few you would have to consider!!!!!!!!!!!!

jwbjwbjwb12
    jwbjwbjwb12's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kobe is the best player in the game today and what he has done in getting 5 championships and restoring glory to the lakers makes him the greatest to play for them IMO. he may not be the most athletic but he is definitely the best shotmaker

Vesuvius
    Vesuvius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

I love Kobe but not sure, hard to say either way.

strongside
    strongside's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jerry West
    Magic
    Kobe

Weber
    Weber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 58

One of the greatest but not the greatest.

matadoa
    matadoa's Avatar Become A Pro!

We are comparing this dude to people who have already finished their careers.
    Lets wait then compare. The End

SHADYLANKY
    Update your status
    SHADYLANKY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 196

Quote Originally Posted by matadoa View Post
    We are comparing this dude to people who have already finished their careers.
    Lets wait then compare.
    While I agree with this up to this point I would vote for Magic but with his career being cut short and the probability Kobe plays another 6-7 years it will end up being Kobe.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by brandon m View Post
    Kobe, 5 titles in 11 years, 7 finals appearances in 11 years. If that's not a dynasty I don't know what is.

Great stat there and hard to argue!!

tothehoop3
    Update your status
    tothehoop3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Kobe is a fantastic Laker, and scoring wise, he will probably beat every record for a Laker that exists, but as far as making teammates better or doing well in the clutch, Magic and Kareem are so far ahead of him that there's no contest. You also have to have his championships compared to championships that Magic and Kareem were getting, against much better teams with much more talent than the boring league that exists today. Magic was trying to beat the bulls, the pistons, the celtics with bird, and the early 80's sixers with Dr. J and Moses Malone. No chance Kobe is the best Laker ever.

chappyboy
    chappyboy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nope he isnt the best laker ever

CaneDawg
    CaneDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!

magic is first

big group after him fighting for 2nd

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Greatest Player Ever.

BrewVegas
    BrewVegas's Avatar Become A Pro!

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Magic was the best laker ever and will be forever. Kobe couldnt do half of what Magic used to do with the ball. Magic was one of the most amazing athletes to ever play and he along with Bird saved and made the NBA what it became. Magic won the NBA title in his rookie year playing centre in the last game. I doubt Kobe could do that. Magic #1 forever.

What was it, 42 points and 20 boards playing out of position? Still waiting for Kobe to do something like that in the Finals

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Hell no The Diesel

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

Nope.

First 12