oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    He's still young and working on championship number 5.The man is all business.Did you see him next to Chris Rock? He had no interest in talking to a celebrity.To me this is a tough comparison but I think the one thing that Bryant has on his side is that he started younger than Jordan.he still has a way to go..
    no way in hell.kobe couldnt even tie jordans gym shoes,there will be nobody who can compare with jordan

hoopster42
    hoopster42's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JW Cash View Post
    Kobe has already surpassed Jordan.....years ago

sorry...thats just how I feel....again....sorry..
    might be the single dumbest thing ive ever read on a sports forum in the last few years of posting and reading.
    one can say that kobe is at jordans level, but to say hes surpassed him screams "i dont know shit about basketball"

Preston09
    You eat pieces of shit for breakfast?
    Preston09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Time will tell.

shady610
    shady610's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8603

kobes not done and people dont like to think jordan can be surpassed. truth is, jordan played with another top50 player, the best coach ever, the best rebounder of his time and best 6th man.

Those tend to get over looked when praising jordan.

JORDAND ERA WAS OVERRATED. HIS ACCOMPLISHMENTS ARE HISTORIC, BUT HIS COMPETITION WAS VASTLY OVERRATED. In my opinion, if jordan played today, him and kobe would be competeting for top spot and with would be competitive.

JORDANS ERA: 3 top guards in his era averages
    ISIAH thomas 19pts 3 rb 9 asst
    Reggie Miller 18.2 pts 3rbs 3 ast
    Mitch Richmond 21 pts 4rb 4 ast
    Clyde drexler 20.7 pts 6rb 5ast
    ( not as GREAT as people say there are. And jordan winning over them isnt a big deal to me)

Kobes Era
    lebron 27 pts 7 rb 7ast
    wade 25pts 5 rb 5 ast
    pierce 22pts 6rb 4 ast
    ( much more solid competitors in his era and being better than them is an accomplishment )

I wont compare them until kobe retires. But I will do so objectiviely and wont be like 99% of jordan fans who dismiss anything to make him look better. my point about both is they are the best in the league at there time, but Kobe is playing with better players in the league. Especially when you forget about the memory of "golden Years' and just look objectively.

Irish Jet
    Irish Jet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Some of the comments in regards to Kobe's "help" are pretty laughable. Yeah Shaq was great but Scottie Pippen was in his own right one of the greatest NBA players of all time and Jordan never won without him. No one can win a title single handedly. Not Kobe (Although he's proven he can win one without Shaq). Jordan will get the edge and always will but it's not as wide a gap as people make out. Certainly in terms of skill they're the two greatest players ever.

williams22
    williams22's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Jet View Post
    Some of the comments in regards to Kobe's "help" are pretty laughable. Yeah Shaq was great but Scottie Pippen was in his own right one of the greatest NBA players of all time and Jordan never won without him. No one can win a title single handedly. Not Kobe (Although he's proven he can win one without Shaq). Jordan will get the edge and always will but it's not as wide a gap as people make out. Certainly in terms of skill they're the two greatest players ever.
    The difference is Kobe only has 1 Finals MVP in comparison to his 4 rings. Jordan is 6 for 6. Shaq was the best player on the team for Kobe's first 3 championships. "Proven he can win one without Shaq" sounds pretty hollow when you consider he just gained Gasol instead.

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Jordan averaged 23 a game as a 40 year old in Kobe's era.

With today's rules, it's not ludicrous to say he would have averaged close to 35 a game for his career

BettingWizard

Jordan's first year with the wizards 39 years old

35 minutes 22.9 ppg 5.6 rebounds 5.2 assists

Kobe 26 years old

38 minutes 25.2 ppg 5.5 rebounds 5.6 assists

stop this joke of a comparison

BettingWizard

Quote Originally Posted by shady610 View Post
    kobes not done and people dont like to think jordan can be surpassed. truth is, jordan played with another top50 player, the best coach ever, the best rebounder of his time and best 6th man.

JORDAND ERA WAS OVERRATED. HIS ACCOMPLISHMENTS ARE HISTORIC, BUT HIS COMPETITION WAS VASTLY OVERRATED. In my opinion, if jordan played today, him and kobe would be competeting for top spot and with would be competitive.

( not as GREAT as people say there are. And jordan winning over them isnt a big deal to me)

Kobes Era
    lebron 27 pts 7 rb 7ast
    wade 25pts 5 rb 5 ast
    pierce 22pts 6rb 4 ast
    ( much more solid competitors in his era and being better than them is an accomplishment )

I wont compare them until kobe retires. But I will do so objectiviely and wont be like 99% of jordan fans who dismiss anything to make him look better. my point about both is they are the best in the league at there time, but Kobe is playing with better players in the league. Especially when you forget about the memory of "golden Years' and just look objectively.

Pierce isn't that great, what a joke. This era probably has as many hall of famers as the 90's, but the teams overall are weak in comparison. It's considered a bonus in today's game if you have a good bench. In the 90's you didn't make the playoffs without a bench

shady610

Quote Originally Posted by BettingWizard View Post
    Pierce isn't that great, what a joke. This era probably has as many hall of famers as the 90's, but the teams overall are weak in comparison. It's considered a bonus in today's game if you have a good bench. In the 90's you didn't make the playoffs without a bench
    Youre right. pierce is not that great. However, if he did that in the 90's, he would be considered an all time great. and thats my point. Jordans competition was lackluster. big fish small pond. the rest of his competition.

Barkley: was an overachiever who would get manhandled today.

Malone: great consisitent player but not a true superstar in my mind. Would do well today's game

David robinson: Great center, but needed Timmy to win rings. And timmy is considered by many to be the best pf ever.

hakeem: top 3 center all time and would translate well in any era.

THe truth is, jordans era is overrated. NOT JORDAN. his era. I hate hearing people saying he is sooooo much bettter than everyone when in reality his peers were just overrated. you say pierce is not great and is a joke. Well his production is better than jordans peers but somehow they get labeled as an all time great. that to me is a joke.

JOrdan was great
    Kobe is great

when kobe is done, we will compare. And until then i think people need to look up what Oscar robertson did, because that to me is GOAT material. Pure domination of a league
    Last edited by shady610; 06-06-10 at 05:54 PM. Reason: said wounldnt instead of would

BettingWizard

Barkley getting manhandled is laughable.

Karl Malone is top 2 PF of all time at worst, guy just choked in certain games

shady610

Quote Originally Posted by BettingWizard View Post
    Barkley getting manhandled is laughable.

Karl Malone is top 2 PF of all time at worst, guy just choked in certain games

Ok.. barkely manhandeld was not a fair choice of words on my part. I meant to imply that he wuoldnt be nearly as effective.

Karl is top 5 imo, but he is ranked behind kg an tim

BettingWizard

Quote Originally Posted by JW Cash View Post
    Kobe has already surpassed Jordan.....years ago

sorry...thats just how I feel....again....sorry..

nj6
    nj6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2592

Please don't compare the two, thanks.

VTranX
    VTranX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 314

Jordan is still best and will never surpass him. He might be on the same level as MJ when he writes his final chapter of his career though.

BettingWizard

Quote Originally Posted by jcygts6 View Post
    KOBE has already supassed MJ

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

In Jordan's championship years, he was never down 0-2, no less 0-3.

Not sure if he was ever down 0-3 in his career. Not really sure pre-1991.

Kobe>Jordan = Never.

BrewVegas
    BrewVegas's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jordan would have never looked so apathetic when being down 0-2 in a series.

chantrain
    chantrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Nobody has or will surpass Jordan any time soon, he's called the greatest of all time for a reason.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Kobe looked terrible in the must win game 7 against Boston last year. That trend continue into this year. The guy's done.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    Kobe looked terrible in the must win game 7 against Boston last year. That trend continue into this year. The guy's done.
    He is now the Garden Snake.

cockblocker
    cockblocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by Congruency View Post
    33.5 ppg in the playoffs? dear god
    What about his .487 fg%, 6.4 reb, 5.7 ast and 2.10 stls to go along with it.

Roxxyfish
    finally i am on skype
    Roxxyfish's Avatar Become A Pro!

LVBOUND
    Living the DREAM!!
    LVBOUND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 119

MJ would never go down 0-3 and get swept HAHA

cockblocker
    cockblocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Kobes Era
    lebron 27 pts 7 rb 7ast
    wade 25pts 5 rb 5 ast
    pierce 22pts 6rb 4 ast

Pierce and Lebron are SFs not guards. Doe'snt cahnge the fact he that MJ is on another level that kobe could'nt reach in his prime and never will since he going downhill fast.

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9120

Quote Originally Posted by oiler View Post
    no way in hell.kobe couldnt even tie jordans gym shoes,there will be nobody who can compare with jordan
    yep

jcubs55
    Jon Bones Jones -185
    jcubs55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

No... even if he does win six+ titles... it's still not comparable

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9120

Kobes Era
    lebron 27 pts 7 rb 7ast
    wade 25pts 5 rb 5 ast
    pierce 22pts 6rb 4 ast

pierce & lebron are more of a forward than a guard. in mjs time there was many great guards
    john stockton, penny & tim hardaway, mark price, mark jackson, kj, gary payton, john starks, magic

many of the 50 greatest players of all time played are from mjs era. back then there was hand checking and not so many ticky tac fouls called. now a days, a foul is called if you are too close. jordan would have scored 100+ points multiple times if he played in todays game

goldengreek
    goldengreek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3939

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    he's still young and working on championship number 5.the man is all business.did you see him next to chris rock? He had no interest in talking to a celebrity.to me this is a tough comparison but i think the one thing that bryant has on his side is that he started younger than jordan.he still has a way to go..

no

never

end of discussion

tripp
    tripp's Avatar Become A Pro!

haha Not a chance

the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6309

Never

rockaflocka
    rockaflocka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3363

never ever

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

nice game laker fans. Going to turn it on from the couch next? All regular season we gotta hear about how the lakers will turn it on once the playoffs start. Kobe is so clutch he shot ANOTHER air ball tonight when his team needed a BIG bucket. Kobe is a very good player, but he isn't even close to 2nd or 3rd on the greatest of all time list, much less to MJ.

twelvejewelz
    twelvejewelz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wtf does kobe talking to chris rock have to do with anything is that even a serious statement???????? Have you seen jordan play?? Kobe will never be as good as jordan. Dont get me wrong he has put in the work but jordan was on another level. Derick rose is on his way to being as good as kobe imo

First 1234 Last