robzilla
    An SBR Legend.
    robzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 349

Brock Lesnar v. Frank Mir, Feb 2nd. Funeral for Mir Feb 3rd.

Frank Mir is a favorite in this fight. I think this is only because the oddsmakers don't know that Lesnar is the human version of a Grizzly Bear.

This is Frank Mir.

This is Brock Lesnar, NCAA champion. Any questions?

Brock is going to kill this poor bastard. I dont care if Mir did break Tim Silvias arm. Lesnar might rip off Frank Mir's head.

Here's Brocks last fight, which was his first MMA fight. The guy who he was supposed to fight got scared and backed out at the last second.

Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 01-28-15 at 03:23 PM. Reason: image does not exist

applepicks
    applepicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

Brock will be tested a bit more than in his first fight, but ultimately will destroy Mir. This fight will show the world why Brock Lesnar really is, "The Next Big Thing" in MMA. Brock wins first round.

wmublows
    wmublows's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by applepicks View Post
    Brock will be tested a bit more than in his first fight, but ultimately will destroy Mir. This fight will show the world why Brock Lesnar really is, "The Next Big Thing" in MMA. Brock wins first round.
    You are an idiot. Just kidding. I see all the fake wrestling fans jumping on board on this one. They will all say Lesner will KO Mir. Lesner better watch out for a sub, thats all I'm going to say.

robzilla
    An SBR Legend.

i would rather fight Tyson in his prime than Lesnar in any situation. If I was this guy, I would be looking for a way out of this fight.

wmublows

Quote Originally Posted by robzilla View Post
    i would rather fight Tyson in his prime than Lesnar in any situation. If I was this guy, I would be looking for a way out of this fight.
    When you refered to "This guy" I'm assuming you are talking about Mir. Mir is the former heavyweight champion of the UFC. He got into a motorccle wreck and was out of MMA for alomst 2 years. He is in no way a pushover. His has some of the best submission in the game. His biggest down fall, and it always has been, is his cardio. He gets gassed easily and if this goes into the second or third round, I wouldn't be suprised if Lesner KO's him.

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

You can't be serious. First of all, Tyson would knock your head clean off of your body in his prime. Second, Lesnar doesn't have the experience or the skills yet to compete with Mir in the MMA ring. This isn't scripted stuff. If he doesn't get subbed by Mir in the first few minutes, then I'll be shocked and say you are the King of All Prognosticators. Which books can I get on this at?

The Seer

[QUOTE=robzilla;446141]http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/pictures/b/brocklesnar/25.jpg[/IMG]

Brock might want to lay of of the juice a little. He's starting to get gyno (bitch ).

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by The Seer View Post
    You can't be serious. First of all, Tyson would knock your head clean off of your body in his prime.
    Agreed.

Tyson in his prime would also kick Lesnar's juiced up ass in a street fight or boxing match.

robzilla
    An SBR Legend.

Obviously you guys dont know Brock Lesnar as well as I do. The guy trains like a power lifter. He has the strength of a bull. No other athlete can match his power. Lesnar never stops training. He has had almost a full year to get ready for this fight. The guy quit pro wrestling to join the Minnesota Vikings cuz wrestling wasnt challenging enough. I think Brock will ground & pround this guy. I dont see anyone in the UFC beating Brock.

Jamie_UK
    Jamie_UK's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is this the gays thread?

SBR Lou

Obviously you guys dont know Brock Lesnar as well as I do. The guy trains like a power lifter. He has the strength of a bull. No other athlete can match his power. Lesnar never stops training. He has had almost a full year to get ready for this fight. The guy quit pro wrestling to join the Minnesota Vikings cuz wrestling wasnt challenging enough.
    "After playing in a few pre-season games, Lesnar was eventually cut from the team after not showing up for practices due to an injury sustained by a motorcycle ride during the summer of 2004. He declined an invitation to play as a representative of the Vikings in NFL Europa."

I think you're letting his muscles blind you, he's not cut out for football and just because he's big doesn't mean that smaller guy won't work his ass into a submission.

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

Obviously you guys dont know Brock Lesnar as well as I do. The guy trains like a power lifter. He has the strength of a bull. No other athlete can match his power. Lesnar never stops training. He has had almost a full year to get ready for this fight. The guy quit pro wrestling to join the Minnesota Vikings cuz wrestling wasnt challenging enough. I think Brock will ground & pround this guy. I dont see anyone in the UFC beating Brock.
    And none of this has ass to do with being able to fight MMA. You don't know nearly as much about what you're talking about as you'd like to think you do.

I think this will be an interesting fight and I am looking forward to it, nt any top HW in the UFC would beat him in the first round without much effort.

The Seer

He didn't make it in the NFL and he won't be champ in MMA. If Bob Sapp gets beat down, then I promise u Leznar will too. Do you not think anyone else trains hard. I promise you Randy Couture trains harder and would dominate Lesnar and doesn't weigh even close to what Leznar does.

SBR Lou

"Lesnar, the former NCAA heavyweight wrestling champion and the World Wrestling Entertainment's youngest champion ever, walked away from a seven-year, $45-million contract in March. In part because he was fed up with his wrestling persona, "The Next Big Thing." In part because he was sick of the travel. But mostly because of his lifelong dream to play professional football."

--

Wow he might be crazy after all.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

My money is on Frank Mir. I couldn't find a line. I'd set it around -600 on Mir. Lesnar has a minimal chance at a K.O. even if he can get into a ground & pound situation. Anyone that knows MMA realizes that this is Mir's world, and probably will submit Lesnar on the ground if Lesnar gets aggressive at all. An interesting strategy might be to exploit Mir's tendency to get "gassed". Lesnar's wrestling could be an asset if he can get Mir on the ground and hold him down for the majority of the match. Lesnar could then win on points, but I really don't see a Lesnar K.O. unless Mir gets careless or stupid.

Didn't we all learn in UFC 1 that it's all about the technique and less about size and strength? If anyone forgot, get a copy of any of the early UFCs with 180 pound Gracie cleaning the canvas with guys twice his size. Anyone that thinks Leznar's size is a significant advantage inside the octagon is clueless. Remember Mir is still in the same weight class and is roughly the same size. Just because Mir doensn't look like a bodybuilder doesn't mean that he isn't strong.

robzilla
    An SBR Legend.

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    My money is on Frank Mir. I couldn't find a line. I'd set it around -600 on Mir. Lesnar has a minimal chance at a K.O. even if he can get into a ground & pound situation. Anyone that knows MMA realizes that this is Mir's world, and probably will submit Lesnar on the ground if Lesnar gets aggressive at all. An interesting strategy might be to exploit Mir's tendency to get "gassed". Lesnar's wrestling could be an asset if he can get Mir on the ground and hold him down for the majority of the match. Lesnar could then win on points, but I really don't see a Lesnar K.O. unless Mir gets careless or stupid.

Didn't we all learn in UFC 1 that it's all about the technique and less about size and strength? If anyone forgot, get a copy of any of the early UFCs with 180 pound Gracie cleaning the canvas with guys twice his size. Anyone that thinks Leznar's size is a significant advantage inside the octagon is clueless. Remember Mir is still in the same weight class and is roughly the same size. Just because Mir doensn't look like a bodybuilder doesn't mean that he isn't strong.
    Mir might be strong, but he won;t come close to having the strength of Lesnar. Lesnar is insane. Dana White is banking on this guy. Im making a Huge bet on Lesnar.

slacker00

Mir might be strong, but he won;t come close to having the strength of Lesnar. Lesnar is insane. Dana White is banking on this guy. Im making a Huge bet on Lesnar.
    What about technique? Mir has been a MMA professional for the past decade with discipline in Brazilian Jui Jitsiu and experience against some of the best that MMA has to offer. Lesnar has been fake wrestling for the past decade. Mir won't fall for the "throw against the ropes, ricochet back & get closelined" attack.

Dana White only wants Lesnar because of his star appeal. Lesnar's popularity can only help to popularize the UFC. White may hope that Lesnar does well and has additional UFC fights for this reason. But the only way Lesnar wins is if there is a fix in the match.

eric dy
    eric dy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lesner wins this fight easy! He is unbelievable.

robzilla
    An SBR Legend.

What about technique? Mir has been a MMA professional for the past decade with discipline in Brazilian Jui Jitsiu and experience against some of the best that MMA has to offer. Lesnar has been fake wrestling for the past decade. Mir won't fall for the "throw against the ropes, ricochet back & get closelined" attack.

Dana White only wants Lesnar because of his star appeal. Lesnar's popularity can only help to popularize the UFC. White may hope that Lesnar does well and has additional UFC fights for this reason. But the only way Lesnar wins is if there is a fix in the match.
    Brock has the ability and strength to pass guard on anyone. So the ground game is out for Mir. I think the only chance Mir has is to stand up and hit and run. I think Brock will shoot a double leg within the first 10 seconds though. Mir better not shoot cuz Lesnar will grab his torso and swing him like a rag doll.

UncleChris
    UncleChris's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sounds like some sixteen years old Wrestlingfans posting here. This is not showcatching. This is MMA. Lesnar will be done when he mets an experienced and fit fighter...

wmublows

This was from an interview between MMAFightline and Brad Imes. Imes is a B level fighter from TUFF and the UFC. Thought it was interesting.

MMAFightline: You spent a lot of time with Brock Lesnar at Miletich. What where your impressions of him as an MMA fighter?

Brad: "I think he's got a lot of potential. His stand up is really kinda nonexistent, but he's obviously a big powerful guy. And his ground game...I know, he's a D-1 national champ but I think he's pretty rusty as far as his ground game. I was able to pass guard on him, mount him, do whatever I wanted with him on the ground really. And he really didn't feel that strong to me, granted I don't grapple with anyone that feels strong to me. But, I think that one of his strengths when he was in college was that he was much stronger than everyone he went up against; and heavyweights, no matter what the sport . . . it is hard to find good ones. So, I think if he sticks with it he'll be great. I just think it was a mistake going to the UFC so quick. And I say that from someone who knows."

robzilla
    An SBR Legend.

Quote Originally Posted by wmublows View Post
    This was from an interview between MMAFightline and Brad Imes. Imes is a B level fighter from TUFF and the UFC. Thought it was interesting.

MMAFightline: You spent a lot of time with Brock Lesnar at Miletich. What where your impressions of him as an MMA fighter?

Brad: "I think he's got a lot of potential. His stand up is really kinda nonexistent, but he's obviously a big powerful guy. And his ground game...I know, he's a D-1 national champ but I think he's pretty rusty as far as his ground game. I was able to pass guard on him, mount him, do whatever I wanted with him on the ground really. And he really didn't feel that strong to me, granted I don't grapple with anyone that feels strong to me. But, I think that one of his strengths when he was in college was that he was much stronger than everyone he went up against; and heavyweights, no matter what the sport . . . it is hard to find good ones. So, I think if he sticks with it he'll be great. I just think it was a mistake going to the UFC so quick. And I say that from someone who knows."
    Brad who?

It's true that Brock might not have a stand up game, but he wont need one.

I dont know why people pass off him being a NCAA champ like its nothing. He had an amazing record and the matches he did lose were questionable losses on points.

slacker00

Everyone that's worth anything in MMA has basically dedicated a lifetime to learning and honing the techniques. "Some" wrestling is transferrable, but even that is debateable. "Musclebound" fighters tend to be sluggish, despite their supposed strength. MMA rewards quickness, snap, and crisp technique. Not to mention experience, knowlege, and expertise in the various disciplines that compose MMA. In my analysis above, I'm giving Lesnar quite a bit of a benefit of the doubt due to his success as a college wrestler. But, realistically, he probably gets submitted almost instantly by a guy with mad skills like Mir. I almost imagine Lesnar getting caught in the first triangle choke Mir throws up from the guard.

slacker00

It's true that Brock might not have a stand up game, but he wont need one.
    Eating hits puts anyone to sleep. He's gotta have SOME strategy in the stand up. The match starts standing up. What does he plan to do, instantly lie on his back? That's the only thing I've seen attempted to deal with absolute stand up dominance. (Horn V. Liddel in UFC 54)

Luckily for Lesnar, Mir's game isn't designed to showcase the stand up. Even so, Mir can throw knockout punches & kicks that will have to be dealt with. If Mir gets one in there under the chin, it's a knockout. Even if Lesnar commits to getting a takedown, every MMA has an excellent takedown defense composed of a pefect sprawl or even a well timed flying knee. Mir could even be content to clinch and practice his superior Mui Tai technique. Lesnar never saw any of this in college wrestling. There's a lot of ways that Lesnar can lose. There's only one way that he can win.

robzilla
    An SBR Legend.

you dont understand Brocks freakish power. It is super human.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 01-28-15 at 03:24 PM. Reason: video not working

slacker00

you dont understand Brocks freakish power. It is super human.

You do realize that this is for real and it isn't another fake wrestling gay opera, right? The punches and blood are as real as the fighting techniques and strategies. Looking like a bodybuilder and doing a prefight talk war with the opponent is for the fake wrestling crowd. You seem to keep missing this point.

robzilla
    An SBR Legend.

as an ISSA certified trainer I know that Brock body type and physique is much more powerful in terms of explosiveness.

Remember when Michael Johnson went against Donovan Bailey to determine who was the fastest man in the world? You could tell who was going to win just by looking at them...even if the race had been 400 meters, Donovan still wouldve won.

So Brocks explosive power can probably last 3 rounds max... But i think Brock is gonna do the same thing he did to the asian guy. If Mir can cover up for a long period of time he has a shot. Mir's body type is more like a muai thai fighter. Those long arms and legs are easy to grab. Brocks legs are like Tree trunks and his delts and bi's are like bowling balls.
    Last edited by robzilla; 12-13-07 at 11:53 PM.

slacker00

Too bad for Lesnar this fight won't be a contest of comparing delts, quads, bicepts, etc. Lesnard would win hands down. Even if this contest was a 400 meter, I'd have Lesnar as a slight favorite. But, this is a submission fight. Mir has tons of experience, even if his desire never seems like it's there. Technique is enough to win, and Mir has tons more than Lesnar. If Lesnar had any striking ability whatsoever, this match would be much more even, since that's Mir's biggest liability. But, Lesnar really doesn't have any good weapons to use to win this fight except to try to lay on Mir for 3 rounds, that's his only chance. I just don't think it will be that tough for Mir to build gameplan to avoid getting into that type of situation. It's not like Lesnar can build combination moves that will work without at least modest striking ability.

robzilla
    An SBR Legend.

Too bad for Lesnar this fight won't be a contest of comparing delts, quads, bicepts, etc. Lesnard would win hands down. Even if this contest was a 400 meter, I'd have Lesnar as a slight favorite. But, this is a submission fight. Mir has tons of experience, even if his desire never seems like it's there. Technique is enough to win, and Mir has tons more than Lesnar. If Lesnar had any striking ability whatsoever, this match would be much more even, since that's Mir's biggest liability. But, Lesnar really doesn't have any good weapons to use to win this fight except to try to lay on Mir for 3 rounds, that's his only chance. I just don't think it will be that tough for Mir to build gameplan to avoid getting into that type of situation. It's not like Lesnar can build combination moves that will work without at least modest striking ability.
    If you were to fight a bear, would it matter if you had submission moves? No, cuz it's a F'N bear! Brock Lesnar is a Bear!

robzilla
    An SBR Legend.

I will give you -600 on Mir if you give me +450 on Lesnar.

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

Looks like this fight could be an avatar-changer
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 01-28-15 at 03:24 PM. Reason: image does not exist

BrentCrude
    BrentCrude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Lesner couldn't beat up Helen Mir the old bag actress!

I'm from Minnesota where Lesnar went to college and when he wanted out of wrestling a couple years ago he tried out for the Vikings as an offensive lineman.By the looks of his physique you would think the guy could eventually play the spot with allot of tutoring and such because he only played high school football in South Dakota.Probably 9 man?Anyway,they didn't want to overwhelm him at first in tryouts making him look bad and discouraging him by squaring him off against seasoned pros so they matched him up against the practice squad free agent types and he got a can of whoop ass opened up on him.One guy there compared him to Dave ''cement hands''Semenko that played but could hardly skate with the Edmonton Oilers when Gretzke played.The only reason he was ever signed to play hockey was because he was a goon enforcer that protected Gretzke and who could get another team's player to fight him making for the old 4 on 4 where Gretzke would score everytime.

Lesnar was so muscle bound that he was like an imobile statue toward the end of his roid days when he tried out for the Vikings.
    Last edited by BrentCrude; 12-14-07 at 09:40 AM.

The Seer

Dana White has been banking on the wrong guys numerous times.

Gurni
    Gurni's Avatar Become A Pro!

Some of the posters in this thread must be a bookies wet dream...you guys have no clue at all, Lesnar was a CATCHER.
    In a real fight his bad ass attitude, oiled muscle masses and faces wont help him, against the experience and techniques of real fighters.

This thread is hilarious.
    Last edited by Gurni; 12-14-07 at 11:40 AM.

123 Last