Bloodkicker
    Bloodkicker's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Everyone that's worth anything in MMA has basically dedicated a lifetime to learning and honing the techniques. "Some" wrestling is transferrable, but even that is debateable. "Musclebound" fighters tend to be sluggish, despite their supposed strength. MMA rewards quickness, snap, and crisp technique. Not to mention experience, knowlege, and expertise in the various disciplines that compose MMA. In my analysis above, I'm giving Lesnar quite a bit of a benefit of the doubt due to his success as a college wrestler. But, realistically, he probably gets submitted almost instantly by a guy with mad skills like Mir. I almost imagine Lesnar getting caught in the first triangle choke Mir throws up from the guard.
    I can't tell you who's going to win, but your whole statement is ful of holes and completely wrong!! for instance what about Josh Koscheck, a dominating force, and he didn't spend his life doing MMA he was a wrestler plain and simple, and he has 1 loss a believe 11-1 so like i said anyones fight but wrstlers do dominate over MMA guys sometimes.

robzilla
    An SBR Legend.
    robzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 349

I dont know why MMA guys are so quick to dismiss wrestlers, even when it's proven they do well.

purecarnagge
    purecarnagge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

First of all I think Lesnar has approached this correctly. He's taken a year to work on Jujitsu and other forms of grappling and take down defense. Its not hard to wrestle someone on the floor.

To say someone who wrestled in the WWE isn't tough or can't take a punch. They might had padding and a nice spring system, but those chair hits and table thing are real. They still get tore up doing that stuff day in day out. The fact he's been training for this for a year and you think he can't take a punch... please...

I'm not saying Lesnar is going to be the 2nd coming for the UFC, but its not a bad thing unless he taps in the 1st round like less than a minute in.

Mir ain't as good as people think he is. I always thought he was a bit overrated when he was "The champ" but he knows his stuff, if Mir win's its going to be by strikes or submission while on the ground in guard.

Hounds
    Hounds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

man, my mma prognostication has been so far off that i won't even weigh in on this debate.

good thread though, and that youtube is hilarious, robzilla! that's fedor that smashed brock's face, right? i wish some ufc people could get a look at him. that guy is the destroyer....

vassman86
    vassman86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by The Seer View Post
    He didn't make it in the NFL and he won't be champ in MMA. If Bob Sapp gets beat down, then I promise u Leznar will too. Do you not think anyone else trains hard. I promise you Randy Couture trains harder and would dominate Lesnar and doesn't weigh even close to what Leznar does.
    hehe, i guess you called it! lesnar vs couture! who do you guys think will win.

First 123