mrpooh
    mrpooh's Avatar Become A Pro!

Aren't the parents as much to blame as anyone?

I understand everyone wants Joe Pa's head on a stick. So do I, but aren't the parents of the kids as much, if not more, responsible? It is their job to protect their kids, to know what is going on in their lives. If you can't/won't place blame on them too, don't put it on someone that actual spoke up(all be it to a much lesser degree then he should)

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

errrr

what are the parents supposed to do?

if parents were locking their kids indoors and telling them, you cant play football, basketball, or go to the fukcing park, you are going to spend your whole lives inside

you sound like the guy that would make a post on sbr saying 'these parents are way overprotective and paranoid'

only solution is to take pedophiles, nail them to a cross, put them in the middle of the square and take a shot at their sausage and nutsack with a shotgun on live television

completely humiliate them and ruin their lives and then let them go

I guarantee every pedophile will be tucking their dick as far down their pants as they can and some may even hide them inside their assholes

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

What is with these idiotic threads???

tatommack
    cowboys make the playoffs
    tatommack's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fuk you for putting some blame on the parents. You do everything you can to protect them. It's always someone you would never think that ends up harming ur kid.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

the kids were one's from troubled homes to begin with, the parents were either absent or in question

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

WTF is with these dumbass threads!?!?!?

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

jerry sandusky wife even knew..told one of the parents " jerry got a problem but he's a good man" .....what crazy stuff !

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    the kids were one's from troubled homes to begin with, the parents were either absent or in question

samdapatriotsfan
    samdapatriotsfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1040

You know what they say....

Pedophiles don't fit in!

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

This is an f'd up thread blaming it on the parents because their kids were abused in a program that was supposed to help them get through a difficult spot in their child-hood/adolescence.

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

OP is right, to some extent. As a parent, would you let your child stay overnight at the house of a man who didn't have any kids your son's age?? Its just like the parents who let their kids stay over Michael Jackson's house. It just doesn't seem like a smart parenting decision.

Now, I understand some of these kids came from very broken homes, but some clearly had parents who cared about their well-being. Some blame certainly falls on their shoulders.

Obviously 99.999999% falls on the sick fukk who hurt these kids

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Quote Originally Posted by samdapatriotsfan View Post
    You know what they say....

Pedophiles don't fit in!

hornsrgrt
    hornsrgrt's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mrpooh View Post
    I understand everyone wants Joe Pa's head on a stick. So do I, but aren't the parents of the kids as much, if not more, responsible? It is their job to protect their kids, to know what is going on in their lives. If you can't/won't place blame on them too, don't put it on someone that actual spoke up(all be it to a much lesser degree then he should)
    pooh...you apparently don't have kids...they don't tell you everything, especially if they are embarassed about it...

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

at how ignorant some people are on here. Blame the parents for kids going to a buckin football camp? I went to basketball and football and baseball camps when i was a kid. Did i have coaches trying to buck me in the shower uh no. Are some of you this bucking stupid? The only one to blame is that sick bucking child molester Sanduscky. And the god damn coaches that knew this $hit was going on. Nobody else you idiots. Blame the parents i have heard it all from some of you ignorant bucks!!!!

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15307

How about holding the dam kid accountable?

If I'm 10 years old, I sure in the hell know that some 60 year olds cok don't belong in my ass.

beerman2619

And like Horns said alot of kids that get molested don't say a word. Man the nerve of some of you that start posts like this.

beerman2619

Can we please get the person that posts under emily banned. This person is a god damn joke on here.

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by beerman2619 View Post
    at how ignorant some people are on here. Blame the parents for kids going to a buckin football camp? I went to basketball and football and baseball camps when i was a kid. Did i have coaches trying to buck me in the shower uh no. Are some of you this bucking stupid? The only one to blame is that sick bucking child molester Sanduscky. And the god damn coaches that knew this $hit was going on. Nobody else you idiots. Blame the parents i have heard it all from some of you ignorant bucks!!!!
    You obviously haven't read the Grand Jury indictment/report. It wasn't at camp. He had kids over to go to games, charity events, to go work out, etc. Showered them with gifts and money. As a parent, wouldn't some red flags go up if some guy asks if your 10 year old can spend the night at his house after he takes them to a ball game? I'm sorry, but that's just idiotic on the parents end to think that's a good idea.

Again, 99.99999% of the blame on Sandusky, the rest split between people who didn't do more to investigate the allegations and the parents who allowed their kids to stay over an older mans house on many, many occasions.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by mrpooh View Post
    Look what happened when the mother in '98 tried to get him arrested for this after he son told her he'd showered with Sandusky? She even went along with police and got the guy on tape admitting it and saying he couldn't promise he wouldn't shower with another boy. What happened? DA didn't charge him. Ideally parents would know every detail about what goes on in their child's life. But that's not realistic. You entrust your child to the care of a well-respected man who runs a charity based on helping kids achieve their full potential. I've looked at their website... I'd trust them too if I thought my son needed some guidance and I couldn't give it all to him on my own. You either lock your kids up in the house like Bubble Boy and they turn into sociopaths because you've sheltered them too much. Or you make decisions as to what social groups they can be a part of and cross your fingers that the sickos in your community have been contained already by the legal system. I can't fault the parents for this although my son will not be sleeping over at some strange man's home. No matter how many bloody football games he takes us too.

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

the whole hierarchy at penn st. knew what was going on and didn't want their cash cow to go away. i can't wait for the lawsuits, they will have to sell beaver stadium to settle them. and that old fool joepa should be skinned and hung from the crossbar if he shows up for the nebraska game.

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Parents should tell their children if someone tries to stick a rooster up your rear call the cops. They should do a PSA about it.

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Look what happened when the mother in '98 tried to get him arrested for this after he son told her he'd showered with Sandusky? She even went along with police and got the guy on tape admitting it and saying he couldn't promise he wouldn't shower with another boy. What happened? DA didn't charge him. Ideally parents would know every detail about what goes on in their child's life. But that's not realistic. You entrust your child to the care of a well-respected man who runs a charity based on helping kids achieve their full potential. I've looked at their website... I'd trust them too if I thought my son needed some guidance and I couldn't give it all to him on my own. You either lock your kids up in the house like Bubble Boy and they turn into sociopaths because you've sheltered them too much. Or you make decisions as to what social groups they can be a part of and cross your fingers that the sickos in your community have been contained already by the legal system. I can't fault the parents for this although my son will not be sleeping over at some strange man's home. No matter how many bloody football games he takes us too.
    There is middle ground, though. You can entrust this man with the well-being of your child to an extent, but does that mean your son should be sleeping over? Going to the gym late at night with just that man?

I'm sorry, but I don't see how anyone could let their 10 year old child end up staying overnight at an older mans house, regardless of how well-respected he is. To me, that is terrible parenting. Mentoring doesn't happen while people are sleeping, there is NO reason for a child to spend the night with a mentor, unsupervised by a parent. None at all.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post

There is middle ground, though. You can entrust this man with the well-being of your child to an extent, but does that mean your son should be sleeping over? Going to the gym late at night with just that man?

I'm sorry, but I don't see how anyone could let their 10 year old child end up staying overnight at an older mans house, regardless of how well-respected he is. To me, that is terrible parenting. Mentoring doesn't happen while people are sleeping, there is NO reason for a child to spend the night with a mentor, unsupervised by a parent. None at all.

What about parents who send their kids to baseball camp every year? Are they bad parents?

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    What about parents who send their kids to baseball camp every year? Are they bad parents?
    Huh? Why would they be? Have you read the Grand Jury PDF? It wasn't at a camp, surrounded by other kids... It happened during/after the scumbag took the kids to college and pro sports games, to charity functions, etc. Why couldn't the kids be dropped back home, at a family friend's/relatives house, etc?

Trusting a random guy, alone with your young child, overnight. I'm sorry, but how is this a good idea?

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post

I agree. It would never happen with my child. Then again, he was married. And for whatever reason, people tend to be less suspicious of married men when it comes to molestation. Not sure why. Maybe the parents involved assumed things would be ok since his wife was there? Or maybe they were just grateful that someone was showing an interest in their child ie if they were a single mom and the child didn't have any other male role models around. If there's one positive at all about this whole disgusting mess is that it should reinforce to us how truly life-altering and dangerous our inaction and naivete can be. So much misplaced trust... but then you never know it's misplaced until after the fact. My heart goes out to these parents because I know the majority of them will be torturing themselves over the fact that they unknowingly fed their children to a predator.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post
    How about holding the dam kid accountable?

If I'm 10 years old, I sure in the hell know that some 60 year olds cok don't belong in my ass.
    Wow.

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    I agree. It would never happen with my child. Then again, he was married. And for whatever reason, people tend to be less suspicious of married men when it comes to molestation. Not sure why. Maybe the parents involved assumed things would be ok since his wife was there? Or maybe they were just grateful that someone was showing an interest in their child ie if they were a single mom and the child didn't have any other male role models around. If there's one positive at all about this whole disgusting mess is that it should reinforce to us how truly life-altering and dangerous our inaction and naivete can be. So much misplaced trust... but then you never know it's misplaced until after the fact. My heart goes out to these parents because I know the majority of them will be torturing themselves over the fact that they unknowingly fed their children to a predator.
    Basically, this sums up my feelings lol

Brutus84
    Brutus84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 402

Some of the smartest people in the world have been molested. I think 10-15% of people in the world have been sexually molested or something to that extent in their lives. It is a ****** up world.

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus84 View Post
    Some of the smartest people in the world have been molested. I think 10-15% of people in the world have been sexually molested or something to that extent in their lives. It is a ****** up world.
    That's the thing and it's not demographically or socio-economically based. I grew up in quite a white-bred poshy kind of life in a smallish city and I had friends who were molested by their fathers, uncles, best friends of their families, church camp chaperone, etc... the kind of guys you would never expect. And there seems to be more of that now. It's not the guys who just look twisted and you can pick them out of a crowd or get a weird vibe from... it's every day guys, married, some with kids, etc. I thought about it after I wrote my post to rsnnh about how I wasn't sure why people trust married men more with their sons. But I do know why: It's because the majority of people still think that pedophiles who target young boys are homosexual men. And obviously that's not true... but somehow a lot of us still think that by having a wife = a man can't be a pedophile or at the very least, he won't assault your child while she's around. We also know that's not true and hopefully this case just reinforces that. Sad that this is the damn world we live in.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Tough call
    Tough to prevent

Emily_Haines

Funny how about a billion threads are started on this subject with great outrage by forum posters.

Yet TSA basically does the same thing and CRICKETS.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

Funny how about a billion threads are started on this subject with great outrage by forum posters.

Yet TSA basically does the same thing and CRICKETS.
    TSA agents take 10 year old boys into showers and anally rape them?

Emily_Haines

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    TSA agents take 10 year old boys into showers and anally rape them?
    They stick their hands down their pants and squeeze their genitals. The government goes out and hires the scum of the earth so you know about 50% of the TSA agents are full blown pedophiles.

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

Quote Originally Posted by doublej95 View Post
    Parents should tell their children if someone tries to stick a rooster up your rear call the cops. They should do a PSA about it.
    Attached Images  

shari91

They stick their hands down their pants and squeeze their genitals. The government goes out and hires the scum of the earth so you know about 50% of the TSA agents are full blown pedophiles.
    Emily, come the f on dude. So not the same thing and you know it. Firstly the definition of a pedo is this: "An adult who is sexually attracted to children."

How many kids are getting their nards squeezed going through airport security? Please don't attempt to turn what's actually been a civil, respectful sharing of opinions in this thread into some sort of political crap.

12 Last