Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

If TEBOW fails, will he go down as one of biggest con artists in American history?

How many times leading up to the draft did Tebow HAVE TO mention what a hard worker and loving teammate he would be..........and be promoted by Gruden on various media outlets.

He may have just pulled off one of the biggest con jobs in American history, or at least in American sports history.

TEBOW played his cards like a WSOP champion, and for that, he deserves tremendous applause.
    Last edited by Fishhead; 04-23-10 at 01:42 PM.

Fishhead

For all the skeptics out there, one thing is certain.............

He will have a better NFL career than RYAN LEAF.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4315

Quote Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
    Hell FH, I think we could have a better NFL career then Leaf.

minet123
    Is JJ a Higher Power ?
    minet123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3753

For all the skeptics out there, one thing is certain.............

and no because he can claim Jebus's plan for him was another path blah blah blah
    He might be a footnote on ESPN in 2016 when they talk about QB's who have big numbers in college but fail because they come from Gimmick/system Offenses

wal66
    wal66's Avatar Become A Pro!

You spout off a lot of BS and while sometimes it can be put off as just an attempt at humor regardless of how lame an attampt it is. This may very well be another of your ample attempts at generating some real feedback on a useless, baseless and even foundless post.

What about Tebow would suggest he's a con artist or fraudulent in any way? The hype surrounding him has always, I repeat ALWAYS been done by his coaches, teammates and those around him. You have never seen this player pat himself on the back, hype his performances or tout his accomplishments.

While I get annoyed at the hype that was continually generated about him and while I personally could never stand to listen to one of his interviews ( because he is either so nervous or incapable of sounding intelligent ). Like many others around the nation I had my fill of all the Tebow hoopla and have my concerns about his level of contributions on the NFL scale but even if he is cut, never plays or ultimately gets an opportunity and fails misserably it still will not be due to his being a con artist.

Now if it turns out there banging every chick he meets or is secretly an atheist then he can be considered a con artist.

Fishhead

Wally, he is a master of deception........I can spot cons quite easily after spending 20 years in Vegas. Will never be able to spot them all, but I was on to Timmy a few months ago.

He is good people though, as many conmen are.

I admire quite a bit about the youngster if the truth be known. I also believe he has a better chance at semi-succeeding at the next level more than most other media outlets are giving him a chance to.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Good for him. I figured he'd be a 3rd rounder. Now if I was a Broncos fan I wouldn't be too happy.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Not if, it's WHEN. His little "God got me this win" ranting will not work when Ray Lewis blasts him into reality

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    Good for him. I figured he'd be a 3rd rounder. Now if I was a Broncos fan I wouldn't be too happy.

They don't really care that much, as they have the AV's to fall back on...........Denver loves the Avalance.

Plus, they have risen to the top in the past with one of the greatest QB's ever, John Elway.

pat venditto
    pat venditto's Avatar Become A Pro!

Telling you if tebow fails he may have preisthood in his and future and he might be the next pope in 40 years.

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by pat venditto View Post
    Telling you if tebow fails he may have preisthood in his and future and he might be the next pope in 40 years.
    Is he Catholic?

pat venditto
    pat venditto's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not sure is he is catholic, but i'd say theres a good chance.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Tebow is still a virgin

I think he"ll like slapping the Centers butt for the ball playing NFL style instead out the shotgun.

robertg
    robertg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 101

i wouldn't be surprised if in a few years he develops into a solid nfl quaterback.

It is very disturbing how many people hate this guy for being a follower of Jesus Christ. if it were any other religion than Christianity, no one would say a word about it for fear of not being "PC." Kind of sign of how screwed up our values are, imho.
    Last edited by robertg; 04-23-10 at 02:37 PM.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9605

no but the denver coaching staff will be and there have been alot of busts, dude he wasn't a top 5 pick, you know how many 1st rounds busts there are. Hundreds

wal66
    wal66's Avatar Become A Pro!

Regardless of Tebows success or ultimate failure as an NFL player one thing I can practically garuntee is you will never see him linked to any scandal or police report for the duration of his proffessional career.

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

There still isn't high expectation for him in the NFL, so I don't think so.

#1 picks like JaMarcus Russell (god damn wow, how could they be so wrong) who fail are dime a dozen, and although TT is much more popular, people don't expect him to lead a franchise or anything.

whatsgood5
    Let's fuckin' do it
    whatsgood5's Avatar Become A Pro!

For all the skeptics out there, one thing is certain............. He will have a better NFL career than RYAN LEAF.
    I sure hope so

Fishhead

Let's see if he brings Urban to Denver, along with his girlfriend.

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 84

How many times leading up to the draft did Tebow HAVE TO mention what a hard worker and loving teammate he would be..........and be promoted by Gruden on various media outlets.

He may have just pulled off one of the biggest con jobs in American history, or at least in American sports history.

TEBOW played his cards like a WSOP champion, and for that, he deserves tremendous applause.
    What does his work ethic and dedication have to with the simple fact that if he can be an NFL QB caliber talent and not just another "Eric Crouch" in the making. Not the best example, but I'm using it ....................
    Last edited by BeatTheJerk; 04-23-10 at 04:41 PM.

BeatTheJerk

If I could use any description to describe Tim Tebow ............. Con-artist would be one of the last ways to describe this man, but that's my personal opinion.

Fishhead

I guess SCAMMER may fit better than con artist.........

BestPlay2day
    BestPlay2day's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4907

Quote Originally Posted by Sunde91 View Post
    There still isn't high expectation for him in the NFL, so I don't think so.

#1 picks like JaMarcus Russell (god damn wow, how could they be so wrong) who fail are dime a dozen, and although TT is much more popular, people don't expect him to lead a franchise or anything.
    I agree with this, people don't have high expectations for Tebow. JaMarcus is a great con man. Grabbed the money and didn't work hard and turned into a fat ass. Tebow believes in himself and I think he will work hard and is a good character guy. He is a project and should of been drafted in the 4th round, it' Denver's fault for drafting him too high not Tebow coning the Broncos.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10986

Hater's keep on hating... Sucks to be wrong doesn't it. If Tebow wasn't religious and if he was black (not that being black means your not religious) he would have gotten much more street cred.

I can't wait for him to shut the idiots up. Fishead, a big fuk you. How are you going to call a guy whose worked his ass off since HS and tries his best a con artist? That's bullshit man...

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

He's one of the greatest college players of all-time....the hype/publicity is brought on by the media...

Tilt360
    Tilt360's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sam Bradford is the next Akili Smith or the next Ryan Leaf without trouble. One injure away from being a bust. Tebow might have a better chance to be a better NFL player in the future than Sam Bradford.

Tilt360

Tebow get the luxury of sitting and learn just like Aaron Roger from the Packer. Maybe put in at a short yard play

Tilt360

I will said it first that Tebow will last longer in the NFL than Sam Bradford.

gryfyn1
    gryfyn1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

What if he IS a hard Worker and he IS a great teammate - neither of those things will guarantee any form of success as an NFL QB --

BeatTheJerk

Quote Originally Posted by gryfyn1 View Post
    What if he IS a hard Worker and he IS a great teammate - neither of those things will guarantee any form of success as an NFL QB --
    I already said this ...............

BeatTheJerk

Quote Originally Posted by BeatTheJerk View Post
    What does his work ethic and dedication have to with the simple fact that if he can be an NFL QB caliber talent and not just another "Eric Crouch" in the making. Not the best example, but I'm using it ....................

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

I can spot cons quite easily after spending 20 years in Vegas.

True! I will be forever in your debt for cluing me in to JJGold 8yrs ago

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by Tilt360 View Post

I will said it first that Tebow will last longer in the NFL than Sam Bradford.

Sam Bradford will take a 'career' ending hit within the next 3yrs

Yes -350

No +300

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Hater's keep on hating... Sucks to be wrong doesn't it. If Tebow wasn't religious and if he was black (not that being black means your not religious) he would have gotten much more street cred. I can't wait for him to shut the idiots up. Fishead, a big fuk you. How are you going to call a guy whose worked his ass off since HS and tries his best a con artist? That's bullshit man...
    good post

Jasonal_98
    Jasonal_98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 237

Let's see if he brings Urban to Denver, along with his girlfriend.
    That's exactly how I see this playing out. The Denver coaching staff gets wiped out in 2 years and Urban rides in to save the day with Timmy. It'll be a disaster, and I can't wait.

12 Last