1. #1
    raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 9,324
    Betpoints: 12636

    Justin Steele to win NL Cy Young +350

    Steele 16-3 and Snell 12-9

  2. #2
    raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 9,324
    Betpoints: 12636

    8 innings, 2 hits, 0 R and 12 Ks today.

  3. #3
    d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 39,479
    Betpoints: 19508

    Looks good. It looks like either him or Snell, but I don't see why Snell is a big favorite. Similar ERA but Steele has much better record and he's on a playoff team while Snell isn't. Last few starts will probably decide.

  4. #4
    stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 60,881
    Betpoints: 29644

    +350 had a ton of value.

    Do I dare say it?

    "On it"

  5. #5
    raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 9,324
    Betpoints: 12636

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    +350 had a ton of value.

    Do I dare say it?

    "On it"
    Strider got shelled tonight which is good for us. Snell goes Friday night in Hou. Steele Saturday at home. He loves Wrigley 12-2 with a 2.25 ERA at home. Right now they call for the wind blowing straight in Saturday but that can change.

  6. #6
    Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-11-06
    Posts: 6,495
    Betpoints: 56592

    Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    Steele 16-3 and Snell 12-9
    No one better right now - Good call!

  7. #7
    JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-11-11
    Posts: 27,642
    Betpoints: 47149

    Interesting and this shows how dominant Snell has been since a bad first couple of months to start the season.

    Per @OptaSTATS on social media:
    Last 20 starts for the @Padres' Blake Snell:
    1.31 ERA
    12.54 K/9
    He's the first pitcher in MLB history to have a sub-1.50 ERA with 12.50+ K/9 over a 20-start span in a single season.

  8. #8
    d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 39,479
    Betpoints: 19508

    Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    Interesting and this shows how dominant Snell has been since a bad first couple of months to start the season.

    Per @OptaSTATS on social media:
    Last 20 starts for the @Padres' Blake Snell:
    1.31 ERA
    12.54 K/9
    He's the first pitcher in MLB history to have a sub-1.50 ERA with 12.50+ K/9 over a 20-start span in a single season.
    It's a full season award.

    As of today, it should be Steele. But it's still to be decided.

  9. #9
    JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-11-11
    Posts: 27,642
    Betpoints: 47149

    Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    It's a full season award.As of today, it should be Steele. But it's still to be decided.
    The books have Snell as a healthy favorite. If you look at the numbers, Snell is much more dominant in terms of strikeouts/inning and hits allowed/inning but Steele is on a winning team likely headed to the playoffs. In no way do i think Snell should be that big of a favorite or even the favorite at all. Should be interesting to see how the vote shakes out.This is from BOL this morning:

    Cy Young WinnersNational League Cy Young 202309:40 PM
    48315 Blake Snell -350
    48336 Justin Steele +220
    48310 Zac Gallen +9000

  10. #10
    d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 39,479
    Betpoints: 19508

    Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    The books have Snell as a healthy favorite. If you look at the numbers, Snell is much more dominant in terms of strikeouts/inning and hits allowed/inning but Steele is on a winning team likely headed to the playoffs. In no way do i think Snell should be that big of a favorite or even the favorite at all. Should be interesting to see how the vote shakes out.This is from BOL this morning:

    Cy Young WinnersNational League Cy Young 202309:40 PM
    48315 Blake Snell -350
    48336 Justin Steele +220
    48310 Zac Gallen +9000
    The odds are puzzling. The ERA's are very similar. The disparity in record and team would seem to lean it for me. Last few starts will decide.

  11. #11
    JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-11-11
    Posts: 27,642
    Betpoints: 47149

    Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    The odds are puzzling. The ERA's are very similar. The disparity in record and team would seem to lean it for me. Last few starts will decide.
    Agreed, shocking that the odds are so wide. There seems to be some good value on Steele here. How much if any stock do you put into dominance? Snell's numbers are more dominant but he is on a bad underachieving team. That is the only thing I see as to why Snell would be favored. My guess is that the vote is much closer than the current odds.

  12. #12
    raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 9,324
    Betpoints: 12636

    Snell's last start moved that line a lot. He was -220 DK before his last start, Steele +180. Need Snell to get shelled in one of his last couple of games.

    6 IP, 1 hit, 1 BB, 0 R, 8 k.

    Steele pitches tonight.
    Last edited by raiders72001; 09-15-23 at 04:21 PM.

  13. #13
    JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-11-11
    Posts: 27,642
    Betpoints: 47149

    Steele rocked for 6 earned runs and an "L"...

  14. #14
    JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-11-11
    Posts: 27,642
    Betpoints: 47149

    I guess that d2bets has waved the white flag?

  15. #15
    d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 39,479
    Betpoints: 19508

    Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    I guess that d2bets has waved the white flag?
    Steele is not winning the Cy. It was to be decided and now it's decided.

  16. #16
    pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-12-07
    Posts: 81,399
    Betpoints: 1280

    Anything can happen when voting polls are involved. Remember someone last year did not vote Jokic for MVP not even in his top 5.

  17. #17
    raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 9,324
    Betpoints: 12636

    Snell needs to get shelled tonight.

  18. #18
    JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-11-11
    Posts: 27,642
    Betpoints: 47149

    Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Steele is not winning the Cy. It was to be decided and now it's decided.
    I still think the vote will end up being closer than the closing odds.

    Both have a couple more starts as well...

  19. #19
    stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 60,881
    Betpoints: 29644

    Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Anything can happen when voting polls are involved. Remember someone last year did not vote Jokic for MVP not even in his top 5.
    That was Mark Jackson, Jackson left Jokic of his ballot sheet all together, as if Joker never played a minuted last season.

  20. #20
    JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-11-11
    Posts: 27,642
    Betpoints: 47149

    Snell with 7 hitless and scoreless innings last night, 4 BBs and 10 Ks...

    Snell's last 2 starts along with Steele getting lit up last time out has put the exclamation point on this race.

  21. #21
    JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-11-11
    Posts: 27,642
    Betpoints: 47149

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    That was Mark Jackson, Jackson left Jokic of his ballot sheet all together, as if Joker never played a minuted last season.
    I can take a wild guess as to why Jackson left Jokic off?

  22. #22
    stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 60,881
    Betpoints: 29644

    Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    I can take a wild guess as to why Jackson left Jokic off?
    And ESPN demoted Jackson last month too.

  23. #23
    JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-11-11
    Posts: 27,642
    Betpoints: 47149

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    And ESPN demoted Jackson last month too.
    You would think that ESPN would have given him a raise for leaving the white guy off of his MVP ballot...

  24. #24
    actiondan
    actiondan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-16-10
    Posts: 2,846
    Betpoints: 19931

    donezo

  25. #25
    Johnnythunder
    Johnnythunder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-25-10
    Posts: 2,142
    Betpoints: 497

    More likely this gas can is out of baseball in two years

  26. #26
    actiondan
    actiondan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-16-10
    Posts: 2,846
    Betpoints: 19931

    gas can? nah hes young and likely fatigued. shame, good story

  27. #27
    actiondan
    actiondan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-16-10
    Posts: 2,846
    Betpoints: 19931

    cubs barely hanging on to last playoff spot

  28. #28
    d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 39,479
    Betpoints: 19508

    Quote Originally Posted by actiondan View Post
    gas can? nah he’s young and likely fatigued. shame, good story
    He's never pitched this much. Definitely gassed.

  29. #29
    DJK
    Gee Joon/Teen Bo Guaranteed Winner
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 1,709
    Betpoints: 7561

    Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    He's never pitched this much. Definitely gassed.

    • d2bets has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Top