1. #1
    stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 62,805
    Betpoints: 32540

    Saquon Barkley, Giants agree to 1-year contract worth up to $11 million

    https://apnews.com/article/giants-sa...d1f29764193a71

    It was inevitable, Bark wasn't going to sit out the year.
    Now the Gee-Men are set, DJ with a real tight end with Waller and Bark happy, Giants will win 10 games and snag a wild card.

  2. #2
    klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-02-14
    Posts: 3,708
    Betpoints: 2449

    So he got an extra million?


    Good for him.

  3. #3
    stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 62,805
    Betpoints: 32540

    Quote Originally Posted by klemopixx View Post
    So he got an extra million?


    Good for him.
    He's a good guy, he was trying to make a point.
    Sucks for him that it's a WR market now though.

  4. #4
    mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 03-14-15
    Posts: 22,187
    Betpoints: 1147

    Still landed in the same spot but itís a fully guaranteed number so take it and run. Probably only will get 20-25 million guaranteed anyway on the longer term.

  5. #5
    goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-17-10
    Posts: 11,576
    Betpoints: 2282

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    https://apnews.com/article/giants-sa...d1f29764193a71

    It was inevitable, Bark wasn't going to sit out the year.
    Now the Gee-Men are set, DJ with a real tight end with Waller and Bark happy, Giants will win 10 games and snag a wild card.
    I donít think Bark is that happy. I think heís just settling. The sad part for him is even if he explodes this year and gets huge numbers it still wonít help him get the deal he wants. If he was realistic he would have take less money and get as much guarantee money as the giants will give him. Then be the face of New York and crush the advertiser game and make everything on the back end. Trust me Daniel Jones isnít any competition to the ad dollars.

  6. #6
    stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 62,805
    Betpoints: 32540

    Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    I don’t think Bark is that happy. I think he’s just settling. The sad part for him is even if he explodes this year and gets huge numbers it still won’t help him get the deal he wants. If he was realistic he would have take less money and get as much guarantee money as the giants will give him. Then be the face of New York and crush the advertiser game and make everything on the back end. Trust me Daniel Jones isn’t any competition to the ad dollars.

    True, true.
    Danny just lays low, probably reads four hour a night, quite possibly the most boring guy on the planet.

    Personally I love the guy, but most sources say DJ is one of the first to get to the stadium in the morning, one of the last to leave, doesn't have much to say about anything, you never hear from him.

  7. #7
    TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-14-07
    Posts: 28,681
    Betpoints: 23701

    Even though I'm not a big fan on these huge million dollar contracts. No athlete should get this much.... I'm going to stick up for these RB's because it's the same physical training (if not more) than QB's and WR's.... so... I'd be pissed off too if I was an RB at the moment. I give these guys credit... they get popped harder than most.... and they get paid less?

    All this really shows me is that ALL teams will become pass happy.... and that most won't run the ball. Which is very strange. I'd rather put the ball in Saquon's hands on a 4th and 1 play.... than to give it to my Rookie RB from Michigan. I'm just saying. All this truly shows you... teams will barely run the by. They aren't even concerned about crucial situations in a football game.

  8. #8
    USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-15-12
    Posts: 21,738
    Betpoints: 29335

    Who cares. 6-11 at best

  9. #9
    Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-15-09
    Posts: 30,025
    Betpoints: 3828

    he is very talented but too fragile.

  10. #10
    JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-10-09
    Posts: 83,177
    Betpoints: 12170

    Crazy money being made with star NFL players these days. Numbers are astronomical!

    I'm about to adopt a black ghetto baby and make sure the parents were stacked. Raise him to live and breath football from the crib!

  11. #11
    DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-17-09
    Posts: 97,562
    Betpoints: 8927

    Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Crazy money being made with star NFL players these days. Numbers are astronomical!

    I'm about to adopt a black ghetto baby and make sure the parents were stacked. Raise him to live and breath football from the crib!
    Justin Herbert reached agreement today on a landmark five-year, $262.5 million extension that ties him to the franchise through the 2029 season

  12. #12
    mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 03-14-15
    Posts: 22,187
    Betpoints: 1147

    Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Crazy money being made with star NFL players these days. Numbers are astronomical!

    I'm about to adopt a black ghetto baby and make sure the parents were stacked. Raise him to live and breath football from the crib!
    Jibbby, start running suicides. I want 20 of them.

  13. #13
    JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-10-09
    Posts: 83,177
    Betpoints: 12170

    Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    Justin Herbert reached agreement today on a landmark five-year, $262.5 million extension that ties him to the franchise through the 2029 season
    Quarter of a billion dollars! WOW....

  14. #14
    stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 62,805
    Betpoints: 32540

    Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    Who cares 11-6 or better
    Says the Eagles homer.

    (You're still the team to beat)

    Fixed your post by the way.
    lol
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: USCPHILLYGUY

  15. #15
    DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-17-09
    Posts: 97,562
    Betpoints: 8927

    Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Quarter of a billion dollars! WOW....
    he makes 3 million per game

  16. #16
    Thefix13
    Thefix13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-14-21
    Posts: 520
    Betpoints: 2893

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Even though I'm not a big fan on these huge million dollar contracts. No athlete should get this much.... I'm going to stick up for these RB's because it's the same physical training (if not more) than QB's and WR's.... so... I'd be pissed off too if I was an RB at the moment. I give these guys credit... they get popped harder than most.... and they get paid less?

    All this really shows me is that ALL teams will become pass happy.... and that most won't run the ball. Which is very strange. I'd rather put the ball in Saquon's hands on a 4th and 1 play.... than to give it to my Rookie RB from Michigan. I'm just saying. All this truly shows you... teams will barely run the by. They aren't even concerned about crucial situations in a football game.
    Salaries are wild but so is the money being brought in. Only seems fair that the players get a fat chunk of the income the owners get which is a direct result of their performances. NFL keeps printing money yet the NBA is where the real inflated salaries are.

  17. #17
    stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 62,805
    Betpoints: 32540

    Quote Originally Posted by Thefix13 View Post
    Salaries are wild but so is the money being brought in. Only seems fair that the players get a fat chunk of the income the owners get which is a direct result of their performances. NFL keeps printing money yet the NBA is where the real inflated salaries are.
    10 million a year plus is a nice chunk.

    Remember now, the owner pays all the salaries, including the salary of the assistant secretary.
    The owner takes all the financial risks.

  18. #18
    Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-13-13
    Posts: 14,639
    Betpoints: 25004

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Even though I'm not a big fan on these huge million dollar contracts. No athlete should get this much.... I'm going to stick up for these RB's because it's the same physical training (if not more) than QB's and WR's.... so... I'd be pissed off too if I was an RB at the moment. I give these guys credit... they get popped harder than most.... and they get paid less?

    All this really shows me is that ALL teams will become pass happy.... and that most won't run the ball. Which is very strange. I'd rather put the ball in Saquon's hands on a 4th and 1 play.... than to give it to my Rookie RB from Michigan. I'm just saying. All this truly shows you... teams will barely run the by. They aren't even concerned about crucial situations in a football game.
    Lol, you're gonna stick up for them? What does that even mean? You gonna write a letter to the White House and push for legislative action?

    Literally no one is saying RB's aren't subjected to a physical beating or a demanding training regimen... Even the owners and front office that are skimping on their salaries aren't saying that. It's a business, and like any other business, owners are free to distribute money wherever they see fit. They currently feel dumping a boatload of money into that particular position isn't a winning proposition. If they're wrong, then other teams that decide to buck the trend and pay up for a running back will pull ahead of the pack. The trend would likely then reverse and so on and so forth.

  19. #19
    goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-17-10
    Posts: 11,576
    Betpoints: 2282

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    True, true.
    Danny just lays low, probably reads four hour a night, quite possibly the most boring guy on the planet.

    Personally I love the guy, but most sources say DJ is one of the first to get to the stadium in the morning, one of the last to leave, doesn't have much to say about anything, you never hear from him.
    Could do all that stuff and still wonít be better than a Kirk cousins in his entire career. And to think these idiots who run this franchise could have had Josh Allen the year they drafted Jones or Herbert the next year. Passed on both and then gave this guy 160 million to continue to be average
    Last edited by goduke; 07-26-23 at 03:52 PM.

  20. #20
    USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-15-12
    Posts: 21,738
    Betpoints: 29335

    Nasher. Truthfully. Do you think Danny Boy can take you to the Super Bowl in the next 3 years?

  21. #21
    stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 62,805
    Betpoints: 32540

    Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    Nasher. Truthfully. Do you think Danny Boy can take you to the Super Bowl in the next 3 years?
    Not without a decent o-line.
    If NYG fortify the o-line that can give DJ some time to operate instead of ad-libbing running for his life, then yes.

    If Waller and Bark can stay healthy this year, DJ will have a top five TE and RB to work with, and if he can get some protection they can actually compete for a WC this season, the defense is stout.

  22. #22
    kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-25-10
    Posts: 10,093
    Betpoints: 1957

    Quote Originally Posted by Thefix13 View Post
    Salaries are wild but so is the money being brought in. Only seems fair that the players get a fat chunk of the income the owners get which is a direct result of their performances. NFL keeps printing money yet the NBA is where the real inflated salaries are.
    true point. never understood why the avg joe is looking out for the owners pockets instead of those risking their bodies for life. did you see how much jordan made on the sale of the hornets? a bad nba franchise. trust..the owners are doing ok lol.

  23. #23
    Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-13-13
    Posts: 14,639
    Betpoints: 25004

    Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    true point. never understood why the avg joe is looking out for the owners pockets instead of those risking their bodies for life. did you see how much jordan made on the sale of the hornets? a bad nba franchise. trust..the owners are doing ok lol.
    Explain how the "average joe" is looking out for owners' pockets.

    I'm surprised people discuss professional sports salaries at all unless they're a professional athlete. I watch sports for the entertainment value, and if it wasn't for sports betting I might be disinclined to even do that much. What they decide to throw around monetarily and to whom is a whole nother universe as far as I'm concerned. I just 'cap who's on the damn field in a given game... it's fruitless to get involved with player/coach/owner finances, they're grown men, they can figure it out. None of these guys are lobbying on my behalf. Technically they're all overpaid in proportion to their actual contributions to society anyways.

  24. #24
    jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-17-13
    Posts: 30,967
    Betpoints: 6355

    Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    Justin Herbert reached agreement today on a landmark five-year, $262.5 million extension that ties him to the franchise through the 2029 season
    imagine getting a quarter bil for doing your job half the time.

  25. #25
    JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-10-09
    Posts: 83,177
    Betpoints: 12170

    Quote Originally Posted by dwightshrute View Post
    he makes 3 million per game
    crazy money!

Top