1. #1
    stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 60,882
    Betpoints: 29656

    Bob Huggins arrested on DUI charge


  2. #2
    stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 60,882
    Betpoints: 29656

    Blew a .210
    Second DUI
    Cops found empties in the car.
    On top of those anti-gay slurs, he made on live radio...

    Huggy's cooked.
    Done

  3. #3
    ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-04-11
    Posts: 28,889
    Betpoints: 23053

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Blew a .210
    Second DUI
    Cops found empties in the car.
    On top of those anti-gay slurs, he made on live radio...

    Huggy's cooked.
    Done
    Honestly, he was probably ready to be done. My personal read on his career: Good coach, but he wasn't too keen on the student-athlete concept. At Cincinnati, his teams were ranked #1 for a while. Viewed his teams as semi-pro, IE a steppingstone to a pro career.

    Funny, I was riding in a cab in Chicago several years ago. Saw a guy on the sidewalk late at nite, swear it was Huggins. His face is so distinctive, I'm convinced it was him. Guy enjoyed the bottle...and it sounds like that never changed.

  4. #4
    edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-09-11
    Posts: 2,786
    Betpoints: 5617

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Blew a .210
    Second DUI
    Cops found empties in the car.
    On top of those anti-gay slurs, he made on live radio...

    Huggy's cooked.
    Done
    All you had to say was anti-gay. Cops will probably put his mug shot on their gay pride board.

  5. #5
    stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 60,882
    Betpoints: 29656

    Quote Originally Posted by edawg View Post
    All you had to say was anti-gay. Cops will probably put his mug shot on their gay pride board.
    I'm all about live and let live, but in this day and age, the woke crowd already has the rope and tree picked out for Huggy.
    Points Awarded:

    edawg gave stevenash 12 SBR Point(s) for this post.


  6. #6
    pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-12-07
    Posts: 81,404
    Betpoints: 1280


  7. #7
    stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 60,882
    Betpoints: 29656

    ^
    Quite possibly the ugliest man in rock and roll history.
    Thorogood and Joe Jackson.

  8. #8
    texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-05-09
    Posts: 9,605
    Betpoints: 5709

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    I'm all about live and let live, but in this day and age, the woke crowd already has the rope and tree picked out for Huggy.
    He was still the WVU coach and probably still will be their coach if he wants to be. Fear of ďwokesĒ is a sign youíre becoming old nasher

  9. #9
    VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-21-09
    Posts: 6,825
    Betpoints: 19493

    DUIers are some of the lowest scum around. Penalties need to be much higher.

  10. #10
    mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 03-14-15
    Posts: 20,245
    Betpoints: 1363

    Whatís the news story? WV know they hired a drunk. Nothing to see here.

  11. #11
    stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 60,882
    Betpoints: 29656

    Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    He was still the WVU coach and probably still will be their coach if he wants to be. Fear of “woke” is a sign you’re becoming old more nash
    Becoming?
    Tex? I'm closer to 60 than 40 these days, I'm toast brotha.

  12. #12
    texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-05-09
    Posts: 9,605
    Betpoints: 5709

    Hahaha touche brotha

  13. #13
    texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-05-09
    Posts: 9,605
    Betpoints: 5709

    Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post
    Whatís the news story? WV know they hired a drunk. Nothing to see here.
    This is my take as well. What I hold against him most in all of this is being a millionaire and not getting a damn Uber. It really is amazing that high profile people still get DUIs these days

  14. #14
    texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-05-09
    Posts: 9,605
    Betpoints: 5709

    My takes on this also are couched the fact that West Virginia is essentially still a lawless place. Calling someone a f@g or driving drunk, this is everyday life there. And thatís the reason this dude probably wonít really get popped too hard for any of this shit. Theyíll probably add to his suspension and carry on despite whatever shit the bored late June sports national media has to say about it

  15. #15
    gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-17-10
    Posts: 33,348
    Betpoints: 12252

    .21 means you're a REAL alcoholic
    Points Awarded:

    pablo222 gave gauchojake 3 Betpoint(s) for this post.


  16. #16
    VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-21-09
    Posts: 6,825
    Betpoints: 19493

    https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...es-charged-dui


    Bus driver transporting Pittsburgh Pirates charged with DUI



    A bus driver hired to transport the Pittsburgh Pirates from Chicago to Milwaukee was stopped during the journey and charged with DUI.


    The trip began in Chicago on Thursday night after the Pirates' 7-2 loss to the Cubs before an Illinois State Police escort noticed erratic driving and put a stop to the ride.


    The driver, 61-year-old Ronald E. Funderburke of Shelby, North Carolina, displayed multiple signs of impairment, according to police, and was arrested after a trooper initially requested an ambulance out of concern for a medical emergency. Funderburke was not affiliated with the team. He was contracted by the club.


    Pirates senior vice president of communications Brian Warecki confirmed the incident to media outlets on Friday, saying in part, "We are deeply concerned regarding what transpired last night. The important thing is that all of our personnel arrived in Milwaukee safely ... we are now in communication with the appropriate parties regarding this matter."

  17. #17
    TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-14-07
    Posts: 28,681
    Betpoints: 23601

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Blew a .210
    Second DUI
    Cops found empties in the car.
    On top of those anti-gay slurs, he made on live radio...

    Huggy's cooked.
    Done
    Just from what we know about the guy prior to all of this.... what negative things has he done throughout his career? Not much. It's like all of these acts he's doing... he wants to be OUT. To me... very odd behavior. Guy has always watched his own back.... now he doesn't care? Doesn't make sense to me.

  18. #18
    TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-14-07
    Posts: 28,681
    Betpoints: 23601

    Quote Originally Posted by VeggieDog View Post
    DUIers are some of the lowest scum around. Penalties need to be much higher.
    More people driving high on pills/dope... than alcohol these days. To me... that's alarming.
    Points Awarded:

    edawg gave TheMoneyShot 8 SBR Point(s) for this post.


  19. #19
    ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-04-11
    Posts: 28,889
    Betpoints: 23053

    I wonder if the Bearcats could have won it all the year if Kenyon Martin had not broken his leg.

  20. #20
    stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 60,882
    Betpoints: 29656

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    More people driving high on pills/dope... than alcohol these days. To me... that's alarming.
    True that.
    My wife is on prescribed Oxy for osteo arthetis in her back.
    I quit booze four years ago, I know how that goes, a lot of my buds still smoke weed, and I'm over 40, everybody is on something.

    I prefer to be driving behind somebody that is stone cold sober, but if not, I don't mind driving behind the stoner, he tends to drive a bit slower, more aware since he's a tad paranoid too.

  21. #21
    edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-09-11
    Posts: 2,786
    Betpoints: 5617

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    True that.
    My wife is on prescribed Oxy for osteo arthetis in her back.
    I quit booze four years ago, I know how that goes, a lot of my buds still smoke weed, and I'm over 40, everybody is on something.

    I prefer to be driving behind somebody that is stone cold sober, but if not, I don't mind driving behind the stoner, he tends to drive a bit slower, more aware since he's a tad paranoid too.
    People looking at their cell phones are more dangerous than some guy that had a six pack or smoked a couple of joints.

  22. #22
    texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-05-09
    Posts: 9,605
    Betpoints: 5709

    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    I wonder if the Bearcats could have won it all the year if Kenyon Martin had not broken his leg.
    Someone, it may have been Nash so donít want to seem like Iím picking on him, said Huggins wasnít into the student athlete experience. To that Iíll say a) none of them are and b) heís not had anyone expected to have a good nba career since Kenyon Martin in like 2000. Heís a great college basketball coach, and I will miss betting on him as he is expected to resign

  23. #23
    ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-04-11
    Posts: 28,889
    Betpoints: 23053

    Hoop, it depends on the school and how high they are in the rankings. At the top Hoop schools...unquestionably it's about wins in March. Talk to some students at big-name Athletic schools. They might have an athlete in the same class, Good Luck seeing that guy ONCE during the semester. And the teachers are pressured to give passing grades.

    I'll take exception, again depending on the school. I followed Rick Majerus' career, got to know him a little through a friend. I truly believe that Majerus put value on the student-athlete experience. At Utah, he had TWO Academic All-Americans on the team that made the NCAA Final. He had guys who were working toward careers...and he also had guys who reached their potential by becoming NBA players.

  24. #24
    chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-02-10
    Posts: 36,888
    Betpoints: 6610

    I met him many times at bars in cincy. Gonad’s brother was telling him he couldn’t start Jeff Scott at center . He was a cool dude. Little known truth is he was run out of cincy for sleeping with Jeff Wyler’s wife.

  25. #25
    chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-02-10
    Posts: 36,888
    Betpoints: 6610

    Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    Someone, it may have been Nash so don’t want to seem like I’m picking on him, said Huggins wasn’t into the student athlete experience. To that I’ll say a) none of them are and b) he’s not had anyone expected to have a good nba career since Kenyon Martin in like 2000. He’s a great college basketball coach, and I will miss betting on him as he is expected to resign
    I remember when Kenyon broke his leg. Ruined many a bearcat’s fans dreams.

  26. #26
    texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-05-09
    Posts: 9,605
    Betpoints: 5709

    Jeff Wylerís wife must not have been much of a catch then

  27. #27
    texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-05-09
    Posts: 9,605
    Betpoints: 5709

    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Hoop, it depends on the school and how high they are in the rankings. At the top Hoop schools...unquestionably it's about wins in March. Talk to some students at big-name Athletic schools. They might have an athlete in the same class, Good Luck seeing that guy ONCE during the semester. And the teachers are pressured to give passing grades.

    I'll take exception, again depending on the school. I followed Rick Majerus' career, got to know him a little through a friend. I truly believe that Majerus put value on the student-athlete experience. At Utah, he had TWO Academic All-Americans on the team that made the NCAA Final. He had guys who were working toward careers...and he also had guys who reached their potential by becoming NBA players.
    Ok you have white knights like Majerus who is one of the top college coaches of all time if you ask me. Iíll agree he was a different kinda cat. But coaches by and large want players and want them eligible and thatís all they care about

  28. #28
    pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-12-07
    Posts: 81,404
    Betpoints: 1280

    To his defense 75% of the male population of West Virginia are either alcoholics or drug addicts. There is not much to do there and coach was drinking beer in his truck to pass time until the Taylor Swift concert tonight.
    Last edited by pavyracer; 06-17-23 at 09:15 PM.

  29. #29
    hawkwind
    hawkwind's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-25-11
    Posts: 3,609
    Betpoints: 23211

    He Identifies as being sober, INNOCENT NOT GUILTY. BEING PERSECUTED by the CORRUPT LEFTIST government FJB

  30. #30
    JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-10-09
    Posts: 80,953
    Betpoints: 10095

    Don't drink and drive!

    Call an Uber, call a cab if you are sloppy drunk. Or just walk home and pick up your car in the morning. Or even drink a ton of water in your car and sleep it off parked inside your car with the keys not in the ignition. Most cars are comfortable enough to sleep in if you recline the seat til you sober up.

    It's the responsible thing to do. Always keep a gallon of water in your back seat if you are a drinker and know you might get drunk when going out and have to drive home at the end of the night!

    Last edited by JIBBBY; 06-17-23 at 09:15 PM.

  31. #31
    homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-24-13
    Posts: 13,888
    Betpoints: 10462

    if he was winning and advancing in the NCAA tourney, he could have survived.

    he:
    1) is no longer winning
    2) made comments against gays that were considered insensitive
    3) got a DUI

    he is done. finished. Good Night Son.

  32. #32
    stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 60,882
    Betpoints: 29656

    Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    Someone, it may have been Nash so don’t want to seem like I’m picking on him, said Huggins wasn’t into the student athlete experience.
    No, not me.

    I always thought of him as a good coach, but now that you bring it up I do remember criticizing him for not calling a timeout or something to that effect during a tournament game.

    Up until now I never had anything really *harsh* to say about Huggins.
    I'll say this, shame on him for the second DUI, one I can forgive, we all make mistakes, but two?
    He teaches children for God's sake, not a good look for him or his family, or the university either.
    Points Awarded:

    texhooper gave stevenash 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.


  33. #33
    homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-24-13
    Posts: 13,888
    Betpoints: 10462

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    No, not me.

    I always thought of him as a good coach, but now that you bring it up I do remember criticizing him for not calling a timeout or something to that effect during a tournament game.

    Up until now I never had anything really *harsh* to say about Huggins.
    I'll say this, shame on him for the second DUI, one I can forgive, we all make mistakes, but two?
    He teaches children for God's sake, not a good look for him or his family, or the university either.
    Nasher
    in your post you mentioned "Children" and said "God's" but you have not mentioned his hateful words about our homosexual brothers and sisters, who are "God's Children".

  34. #34
    stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 60,882
    Betpoints: 29656

    Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    Nasher
    in your post you mentioned "Children" and said "God's" but you have not mentioned his hateful words about our homosexual brothers and sisters, who are "God's Children".
    Good point

  35. #35
    jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-24-07
    Posts: 10,926
    Betpoints: 10277

    I can hear Don Meredith now, turn out the lights....


12 Last
Top